Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2008 11:54 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That guys mom sure is persistent, isn't she? Starting to annoy me a little but it is still funny.
I'm back.
Jan 1, 2010 7:22 PM

Feb 2009
I think she's right, even if her son and Nuku were trying to give a chance her husband didn't give a damn; there is a big difference between being a mother and being a slave to your family she didn't need to do all this chores. If this didn't work it is because of those stupid conditions, if her husband wanted a Japanese style family he shouldn't have married a spoil rich girl.
Aug 24, 2013 10:39 PM

Jul 2012
MaxCrazy7 said:
I think she's right, even if her son and Nuku were trying to give a chance her husband didn't give a damn; there is a big difference between being a mother and being a slave to your family she didn't need to do all this chores. If this didn't work it is because of those stupid conditions, if her husband wanted a Japanese style family he shouldn't have married a spoil rich girl.

Agreed. Kyusaku was definitely being a jackass.
Aug 4, 2014 9:30 PM
Aug 2014
Yeah, this episode was very effective in making us sympathise with the mum.

Before that she'd just been a villain, but I felt so bad for her by the end of the episode, it really fleshed out her character a lot for just one episode. I also liked that the father was such a jackass, it was good to see the characters representing in a less black-and-white manner.
Jan 19, 2021 1:51 AM

Jun 2017
The father sure is a misogynistic pig. We're probably meant to be more sympathetic to him than I actually am, but the thing I loved most about this episode was seeing the mother's gradually changing relationship with Nuku Nuku. She seems to be acknowledging Nuku Nuku more as a separate entity from her husband, which is nice to see unfold. Also the grandfather, who I expected to be more unlikable due to war-loving tendencies, was a surprisingly sweet character. Seeing him so happy to be called grandad, and his sympathy for his daughter, made me like him a lot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cat Girl Nuku Nuku Episode 6 Discussion

Sick_Bastard - Dec 25, 2008

6 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 29, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Cat Girl Nuku Nuku Episode 5 Discussion

Sick_Bastard - Dec 24, 2008

5 by Spo0ky-chan »»
Jun 28, 2023 10:19 AM

Poll: » Cat Girl Nuku Nuku Episode 4 Discussion

Sick_Bastard - Dec 22, 2008

5 by JaceyFox »»
Aug 13, 2022 4:55 AM

Poll: » Cat Girl Nuku Nuku Episode 1 Discussion

Sick_Bastard - Dec 20, 2008

5 by JaceyFox »»
Aug 11, 2022 3:59 PM

Poll: » Cat Girl Nuku Nuku Episode 2 Discussion

Sick_Bastard - Dec 21, 2008

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Jan 15, 2021 3:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.