Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2013 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit this bought me some nostologia.

I don't dig the characters' designs though. They look somewhat..idk, different.
>Welcome to the Digital World

Damn right.
Jun 22, 2013 5:53 PM

Oct 2012
Yeah I know what u mean the character design is not the best but the story of the episode actually rock so yeah

i hope this gets better from here on out and not worse

ps this is my first time seeing the series
Apr 12, 2014 8:45 AM
Mar 2013
Finished the first two seasons and decided to skip Tamers for now. I'm re-watching this series btw.

The english OP brings back sooo many memories. This was truly one of the best english anime OPs I've had the pleasure of hearing.

I'm not to fond of this intro episode, but the spirit evolution music is awesome. I like how they've changed it so that the children can transform themselves into digimon.
Jan 28, 2016 11:40 PM

Jul 2012
Not sure if I like the fact that there are no Partner digimon and instead the children turn into digimon theirself, Isn't the connection between the tamer and the digimon like one of the main things about the series? Although if this goes into collecting digimon like how he did to Cerberumon I could be into that, Kinda gets a pokemon vibe maybe he can use that digimon's data to summon it or to use one of his moves then I'll be way more into this but we'll see.
Jul 3, 2016 2:23 PM

Feb 2013
No more digimon friends if they only use the spirits to evolve.
It looks interesting though.
Oct 2, 2016 12:38 AM

Feb 2016
I never liked the fact of no more digimon friends (The main reason I hadn't watched this series seriously). Anyway, I plan to watch all the Digimon series/movies/ovas.

About the episode I liked it, It was fairly good to me ^^

Let's see how this end...
Mar 1, 2019 6:57 PM

May 2008
All things considered, this was a pretty good first episode. The OP is one of the best; the evolution song, not so much.

Only two issues was how they set up the Chosen Children; I can't believe only 5 would get on out of the 10 trains. Especially when 2, possibly 3, of the 5 did because it was "interesting." Did none of the others kid think the same?

2nd was Tomoki. Ugh.
Apr 7, 2022 4:53 AM

Dec 2012
A boy is running.
Truck-kun?
He clicks yes.
Kanbara Takuya.
Takuya leaves.
He dodged Truck-kun.

A good start. Kouji Wada does it again with the OP song, but as usual, it doesn't top Butterfly. At this point, I can see why Butterfly is one of the top karaoke anime songs in Japan. Wada also did a good ED song (AiM always does the ED songs, so I wonder why it wasn't AiM this time). As the for the insert song, the beginning beat got me hyped up, especially with Takuya's hand moving to the beat, but then it just disappoints (not that it's a bad song, but as a insert song). Plus, I can't even hear the song because the volume in the episode is low (I'm watching the BD). Animation was on point this episode. So hold up. It's the birthday of Takuya's brother then Takuya gets a random text message and responds to it because he wasn't taught about scam/predator messages (obviously, because this wasn't a deal at the time) then after being told what to do by a random stranger... in the spur of the moment, he decides to ditch his brother's birthday because he doesn't give a single fock about him then a few minutes later, he dodges the legendary Truck-kun in its face (and its big booty) on his own will power to continue the plot? Yeah. I'm going to enjoy watching this. As for the characters, Junko Takeuchi voiced Gomamon in Adventure, now she's the MC. The staff decided to name a character Izumi when Izumi Koushirou is in Adventure. Just interesting things to note. As fot the shinka scene, it was weak. But I loved the scanning part at the beginning with Takuya's hand moving to the beat. It reminded me of card slash. I love card slash. I started laughing when Cerberumon said "Nandato? A human just evolved into a digimon?" It's funny because 1 week before this episode was Tamers, so as a viewer, you have to laugh because he don't know what we know. So, out of all the kids that were in the station (I counted 29, Takuya and co. aren't included, when they showed the area from left to right), only 4 (Tomoki is the 5th, but he was pushed in) decided get on the train? They took time out of their day to listen to a stranger just to get cold feet at the end? Come on now. Speaking of Tomoki, you can tell he's going to be the cry baby of the group. Lastly, Tomoki running on the rail like a tightrope with no ground underneath to go back home is what I would have done, so I can't even call him stupid on that because I'm the type that feels invincible doing things like that.

Today is April 7th. Today is the 20th anniversary of Frontier. I decided to rewatch the series to celebrate and because its the 1 Digimon series (in the 2000's) I didn't watch get to watch all of the episodes, so this anniversary is my incentive to correct it.
RobApr 7, 2022 4:58 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 2, 2023 10:49 PM

Jan 2023
I remember when this first debuted, I detested the spirit evolution concept and Agunimon's design as the first spirit introduced.

That hasn't changed much even now after just finishing a binge rewatch, the spirit evolution concept and designs as well as a few other Digimon designs just don't vibe as Digimon however it was all that was on in the morning when I was in high school so I kind of had to watch it and the characters and possibly the darkest and most complex plot in the series grew one me although Takuya was kind of annoying little shit until he has his 'It's a Wonderful Life'-esque epiphany (and I still don't entirely get that whole thing).

I appreciate how the Digi-destined are all outcasts who have trouble making friends for one reason or another and mature and learn the meaning of true friendship through their journey in the digital world, Zoe in particular who as even J.P observed doesn't immediately come across as an outcast because she looks like a popular girl. It created a strong dynamic and character growth. 

Impmon666Feb 2, 2023 11:29 PM
Oct 19, 2023 6:01 AM

Nov 2012
rewatching this again, my favourite digimon gen, although I guess more on par with 01/02 rather than above them.

Still such a under rated gem, wish more people celebrated 04
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Frontier Episode 22 Discussion

Tsukaji - Mar 2, 2013

10 by LeonardoFrav »»
Apr 10, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Digimon Frontier Episode 50 Discussion

Tsukaji - Mar 16, 2013

14 by AWOLxSTORM »»
Mar 22, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Digimon Frontier Episode 40 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 14, 2014

10 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 25, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Digimon Frontier Episode 37 Discussion

Tsukaji - Mar 13, 2013

10 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 25, 2023 1:02 AM

Poll: » Digimon Frontier Episode 36 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 14, 2014

6 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 25, 2023 12:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.