Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 75 Discussion

Sep 6, 2014 9:55 PM

No, I know he is pretty crazy, but he was pretty weak/mediocre compared to previous villains like Hisoka (okay he's not a villain but you know what I mean) and Chrollo. Still a really cold villain especially the whole deceiving situation when they ended up killing all of the hostages.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

anime recs: nodame cantabile | shinsekai yori | chihayafuru | space brothers

Sep 6, 2014 10:06 PM

mayukachan said:
No, I know he is pretty crazy, but he was pretty weak/mediocre compared to previous villains like Hisoka (okay he's not a villain but you know what I mean) and Chrollo. Still a really cold villain especially the whole deceiving situation when they ended up killing all of the hostages.

No, no, you've done it now! We're fighting! How dare you not call Hisoka a villain. The nerve!

;p

Sep 7, 2014 3:24 PM

TripleSRank said:
mayukachan said:
wow an anime that does the "trapped in a game" idea well! not as bad as SAO or dull as LH. yay

I really liked the game mechanics in this arc! Really fun and exciting. However, I feel as if there were a few holes here and there. But I really liked it overall. The second best after Yorknew Arc so far. Gon and Killua are precious. Gon calling Killua his best friend was so cute. The dodgeball game was so intense. One thing I didn't really like was that the whole Bomber situation felt too...I don't know what's the right word but lame? Obvious one dimensional bad guys who have no objective other than -beep- around with people.

Onto CA arc!!

That's kind of the definition of a psychopath irl...

He does seem weak in a meta sense compared to the other villains, though. I like MrAM's analogy of him being a "final boss" much like in an actual video game. Such characters often are one dimensional.

Nice to see someone else enjoy the GI arc. I think I enjoyed it more than most.

He may have not had development, but one dimensional? He showed many traits and was quite detailed for his time.

Oct 26, 2014 7:31 AM

I am just shocked that Ging assumed that Gon would figure out the loophole to take the Spell "Accompany" with him to the real world. Pretty big gamble I would say haha

Oct 26, 2014 8:08 AM

MrSideliner said:
I am just shocked that Ging assumed that Gon would figure out the loophole to take the Spell "Accompany" with him to the real world. Pretty big gamble I would say haha

Ging expects Gon to become a good hunter if he (Gon) wants to find him.

Oct 26, 2014 8:30 AM

jreginald said:
MrSideliner said:

Ging expects Gon to become a good hunter if he (Gon) wants to find him.

Lol yea, it's like he never even intended to meet his son unless he became a hunter, and a good one too. I say that's seems like really fucked up.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Nov 26, 2014 1:12 AM

Lol, Nigg. Okay.

On rewatch, Greed Island is actually my second least favourite arc (the first is Zoldyck). What ruined it for me is that I just didn't give a shit about the bomber situation. Everything else I liked, but I couldn't even force myself to watch all the antagonist scenes. He was evil enough to be the bad guy, but just completely uncharismatic or interesting - every story needs a villain, but not every villain deserves a story (or an arc in this case). And he 100% deflated when he got defeated, felt very rushed.

Another thing I noticed on rewatch is how much I miss Biscuit this time around! I think Gon and Killua are the best bromance ever, so it's really a compliment when I say I think she really makes a great group dynamic with them. They're funny and fun together, cause she's weird as fuck. I way prefer her over Leorio/Kurapika, in terms of who they adventure with. So yeah, it's a shame to see Biscuit go.

Nov 26, 2014 1:19 AM

Ninah said:
Lol, Nigg. Okay.

On rewatch, Greed Island is actually my second least favourite arc (the first is Zoldyck). What ruined it for me is that I just didn't give a shit about the bomber situation. Everything else I liked, but I couldn't even force myself to watch all the antagonist scenes. He was evil enough to be the bad guy, but just completely uncharismatic or interesting - every story needs a villain, but not every villain deserves a story (or an arc in this case). And he 100% deflated when he got defeated, felt very rushed.

Another thing I noticed on rewatch is how much I miss Biscuit this time around! I think Gon and Killua are the best bromance ever, so it's really a compliment when I say I think she really makes a great group dynamic with them. They're funny and fun together, cause she's weird as fuck. I way prefer her over Leorio/Kurapika, in terms of who they adventure with. So yeah, it's a shame to see Biscuit go.

The bomber fight was easily more intense than the Hisoka fight, simply because he was closer to Gon's level, it felt more deadly. The endless spray of clever tricks on both sides made it really a great fight.
Him being defeated in this arc... why is that a bad thing or rushed? He was an arc villain and served his purpose just right. No need for him to continue as a series villain like all the rest. Which is what most people seem to be upset about, since all villains stay longer, and he stands out as a shorter-term antagonist.

Out of all the villains, he showed to be the smartest and most resourceful, and is very analytical. Most villains of these attributes are "said" to be so, but he actually showed it in this arc.

I think he's one of the best written villains in action anime to date.

Dec 8, 2014 2:46 PM

Great episode. I knew he would choose Accompany somehow. Can't wait to find out about Ging.

Dec 25, 2014 6:47 PM

Shit, Gon, I think you mispelled and Accompagny On : NiggA!

More seriously, farewell Biscke, you were really a great character :(
I'll miss the chemistry between her and the two boys. I hope she makes a comeback at some point.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Dec 26, 2014 8:33 AM

Damn, I'm really going to miss Bisky. She was one of my favorite characters on the show so far. I can't believe the name Ging used was Nigg lol. I wonder if that really is Ging at the end of the episode. With all the tricks he's used I doubt that's really him and just another one of his friends to tell Gon the next thing he needs to do.

Mar 19, 2015 1:05 AM

Smart use of "game mechanics" there from Gon and Killua. Still, I want to know how half those cards work when its not a game, especially that Archangel one. It can't just be Nen, right? How would Accompany (or something like Magnetic Force) work outside of the island? In fact, how does it even work on the island? Let alone the outside world.

In any case, Greed Island arc is done! I quite enjoyed that, Chimera Ant arc up next!

Apr 26, 2015 3:55 PM

that was a cute and sad end. I didn't like Bisky at the start, but I might miss her.

May 4, 2015 10:44 AM

did he just say nigga in the end?!

May 30, 2015 12:38 AM
Why is Ging's friend introduced in the next episode but in the first anime he appeared in the first episode?

May 30, 2015 6:28 AM

Saturn19 said:
Why is Ging's friend introduced in the next episode but in the first anime he appeared in the first episode?

Because Madhouse decided to omit that in the beginning to make the pace faster to get to the good stuff faster, with the purpose probably to attract more viewers. Personally I think it was a bad decision because Kite is a very important character and his relationship with Gon should be shown from the beginning.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox

May 31, 2015 8:47 PM
vedatsvet said:
Saturn19 said:

Because Madhouse decided to omit that in the beginning to make the pace faster to get to the good stuff faster, with the purpose probably to attract more viewers. Personally I think it was a bad decision because Kite is a very important character and his relationship with Gon should be shown from the beginning.

Or you know, they don't know how long they're gonna have the chance to animate HxH in the beginning with the backlash from the 99 faggots crying that they won't have the Nippon version.

Madhouse got the order from above the total number of eps they have to finish HxH sometime during the middle of the CA arc. So yes, omitting Kite from the beginning WAS a good decision if they don't know if they're going to animate the CA arc at all.
Modified by fanimanga, May 31, 2015 8:50 PM

Aug 4, 2015 5:54 PM

Man this is going to be interesting. I don't think it's actually Ging though

Aug 5, 2015 1:58 AM

nigga said:
Lol, "nigg."

^ lmao
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて

Aug 15, 2015 7:37 PM

So long, Bisky! D:

I'm hyped for Nigg.

Jan 4, 2016 6:39 PM

GING?!?!
This arc was brilliant, this anime is now my third favourite :D
Bye-bye Bisky ;_;
Accompany on! Nigga!
Modified by Wiziliz, Jan 4, 2016 6:40 PM

Jan 12, 2016 7:38 AM

DAYUM!!! and just like that they finally found ging!!!!

Feb 11, 2016 8:53 PM

What's up, Nigg(a). :3

Apr 18, 2016 2:59 PM

The Greatest Anime Arc Ever is about to start!!
The only bad thing about this arc is that the first 4 episodes are horrible. i don't know if they are worth a re watch =__=

Apr 18, 2016 3:06 PM

Lil_B_is_a_qt_12 said:
What's up, Nigg(a). :3

Lmao yeah i noticed that, i swear Togashi is pushing it xD
and Gon saying Nig was fuckin hilarious lol

May 7, 2016 12:57 PM

Really meh arc especially the villain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 10, 2016 3:55 AM

So that was the end of Greed Island arc. Pretty good arc, although I was a bit frustrated with Gon at times😅 I like how these arcs are connected to one another, not the usual cut-offs.

So with the ending of the game, does that mean people are free to go in and out of the game? Can the game still be played? Would like to have more info on this...

And looks like that guy will remove the Nen from Chrollo. I thought he removed the Nen from Bomber, but he still did that disarming (touching Bomber and say the keywords)? Does that mean the countdown wasn't completely removed frm the creature he conjured before???

Oh and I'm surprised Killua 's sister was once part of the troupe. I'm guessing she was part of the troupe during their attack on the Kuruta clan. Darn, what' lol happen when Killua and Kurapika learns of this?

I'll miss Bisky. Wish she could've stayed longer and trained Gon and Killua more! What's with that sad smile at the end though? Don't tell me she is Gon's mother or something???? Well though that's not highly likely..

Finally we'll get to see Ging! Want to see his power! I'm also really curious as to who is Gon' s mother..

Oct 7, 2016 8:18 PM

Gonna miss Bisky. But I'm glad the game arc is over, it wasn't my favorite. I want to see more of Kurapika and Leorio as well, but we probs won't see too much more of them -_-
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Oct 14, 2016 11:59 PM

Gon is really something! Brilliant! That transformation and paladin necklace reversal was more exciting than any past fight Gon has been in!

Though... Killua really has changed since the Hunter exam final stage. Killua used to be extremely jealous. I'm not sure I am pleased that Gon is growing to be outpacing Killua. Killua used to be the brains of the operation, Gon was the muscle. Gon is now monopolising even on Killua's intuition and wit.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.

Oct 15, 2016 10:05 PM

Bai Bisky 😭😭

Oct 16, 2016 3:03 AM

Dwun was probably playing Quest of Dragon.

Biscuit was about to catch feelings.

LMAO at Ging changing to Nigg. I was like WTF!

Accompany on! Nigga!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Dec 4, 2016 6:48 AM

Hahah, this arc was great. Happy to see that Bisky got her happy ending, such a shame that she didn't continue to follow the two boys on their journey to find Ging.

Jun 30, 2017 11:39 AM

I can't wait for the chimera arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 27, 2017 8:32 PM

Still definitely not my favorite arc but I do have to agree with Ninah in that I think Biscuit probably has better chemistry with Gon and Killua than Kurapika/Leorio. A very fun trio to watch, honestly.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Aug 6, 2017 5:08 PM
Excited for the next arc~

Me too, Bisky. Gon and Killua are too cute

Aug 14, 2017 8:35 AM

This show is getting weird but really weird. Now that the Greed Island arc finished It seems that will have an Huge Chimera Ants arc.
Karasuno Fight!!!

Dec 1, 2017 8:12 PM

Annnddddd this is where the 99 version stopped, I believed. Aaahhhhh~ can't wait!!!!! *O* I hope it is Ging :D

Dec 30, 2017 5:43 PM

That "Nigg" had me cracking up.
Anyway, gr8 episode. Sad to see Biscuit go.

Jan 13, 2018 5:13 AM

Finally, the last episode of the last arc that has been adapted from the 1999 version has passed! From now on forward, it's a NEW TERRITORY!!! Starting from Chimera arc in episode 76 until the last episode in HxH 2011 (ep 148) Everything will be a new experience for me...

Goodbye Bisky, it's been fun for Gon and Killua fighting, playing and being trained together... Time to meet with Ging!
OwO

Aug 14, 2018 2:36 AM

the arc finishes.. damn Gon is smart… to select cards like that

Dec 28, 2018 2:28 PM

Pretty much ended like the original but with 17 episodes less for that matter! Pacing sure was faster, especially in the start of this series! Now with this arc ending everything after this is completely new for me so I sure am looking forwards to see what the continuation of this series and as a franchise will have to offer!

Apr 9, 2019 3:47 AM

N19999999999999
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Shite & Fwhorecum Gayikes.

Sep 7, 2019 12:51 PM
Man, Bisky was such a cutiepie. I'll miss her.

Ohhhh! Using Accompany was pretty clever. Anyway, I'm glad this arc is over and the black man was the Nen-remover.

Oct 12, 2019 7:03 PM

As it turns out, the players that suddenly appeared before them weren't threats at all with Gon easily winning the last card thanks to him getting nearly all the cards out there fair and square!

With an anagram like that, I wonder if Ging was called Ginga once and had an instant name change like he did with Dwun to avoid getting into trouble 👁👁

I'm looking forward to seeing Bisky again and Gon and Killua's either about to finally meet Ging or another clue the irresponsible dad's left for them. The Chimera Ant Arc's about to start too, oh my gah!

Nov 3, 2019 9:10 PM

Pretty smart to sneak out an accompany like that. I wonder if Gon really did find his dead beat Dad tho. I can definitely see this being a series where Gon does find his Dad way before the end. Idk I actually kinda think he will find him. Guess I'll find out.

Nov 7, 2019 1:15 PM

Nigg... lmfao

ah shit I'm gonna miss Bisky. Kurapika and Leorio aren't coming back soon too apparently. Goodbyes are hard

Dec 15, 2019 1:16 AM
EOussama

That departure was an eye-jerker. I'll sure miss Biscuit in the frame.
It as so damn clever from both of them to think about that hacky shortcut, or perhaps, Ging intentionally had it that way, so he's probably half expecting Gon to find him in that manner.
Also, “Nigg” is kind of a risky work to use.

Dec 15, 2019 1:20 AM
EOussama

LeMasta said:
Nigg... lmfao

No wonder he left out his son.

Feb 11, 12:52 PM

Wow, gon really isn't afraid of saying the n-word. Like father, like son.

Feb 17, 11:48 AM

I'll miss Bisky :'(

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »