Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion


#1
Dec 21, 2008 5:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 779
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a ending! O_O is there going to be really a second season? What I mean the events seem to be going on and butterfly kid is not dead at all. Surprised Kiri and Jinguji survive somehow. Kagura look nicer after 2 years of maturing. Great series and happy to have seen it. Now on to the DVDs to see the difference when possible.
Modified by slayer545-sama, Dec 22, 2008 5:03 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
 
#2
Dec 21, 2008 6:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 140
God I wanted to cry at the ending...but I couldn't. It was very well done, and now I feel like I can rest easy having seen it.



Yeah, they hinted at a second season there, I'd definitely like to see it.

9/10, definitely my most favorite show of this season, I'll be buying the series if it ever comes here.
 
#3
Dec 21, 2008 10:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
Great last episode. Not that much of a tear-jerker than I expected
So it has come twice to the final battle Kagura vs. Yomi. Kagura fought, resisted to cut then Noriyuki appears. Exactly how I thought this scene would be. But then in the second fight Kagura finally defeats her, so Yomi won't appear in the manga as an enemy?
A lot of great pictures, screen cappig will be fun for this episode :) , and some unobstrusive fanservice.

2 years later.. Ayame is still living? Kiri-chan in hospital? How come Yomi didn't kill them off?
Final scene.. that guy with glasses is Kensuke, who appears in manga? This seems like a hint for a sequel.

Ga-Rei Zero deserves 9/10 - hardly any point to complain about. I anticipate a second season a lot!
 
#4
Dec 22, 2008 2:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 322
I dont think there will be a second season
the reason why its Ga rei Zero, its a prequel to the manga vol 1
read the manga, it starts out from the very end of the anime
long hair ver of Kagura = <3<3<3 (death by moeness)
The manga is from the perspective of the main guy , Kensuke
and Yomi didnt die, she lives on as a demon , and still doing evil shit lol
 
#5
Dec 23, 2008 12:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1979
Awesome ending! The final battle was intense ^^ I will miss Yomi (I've always liked her better than Kagura, but Kagura in the end didn't turn out to be so bad). I hope they will do a second season which starts from the manga or something.

Anyways, definitely 9/10 for me. The stupid first episode killed the rating.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
 
#6
Dec 24, 2008 12:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 134
I started reading the manga halfway into this series because I just couldn't wait till -Zero- was over. Honestly, it was boring watching episodes about these two girls with swords just randomly killing evil spirits (even if they are hot XD). But after giving it one last chance before I was going to drop it and picking up the manga, I quickly realized that if I hadn't done so, I would have been missing out on one of the most intriguing titles I've come across. A "hidden gem" per-say...

Obviously a fan of the series now, I would love a 2nd series. It would technically be the 1st series in the storyline of the manga, but anywho...if there is another series, we probably wont be seeing it right away...depends on the series overall reception. Kensuke is awesome and I wanna see him kick ass...and of course long-haired-cute-as-hell Kagura XD Here's to another season!
 
#7
Dec 27, 2008 8:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 73
I really liked the ending, the final battle was just classic. Yomi vs Kagura after seeing how they grew up together... I just loved it.
I was really moved by Yomi's wish in the end, and that cellphone scene. I loved it. First you think that she just kills her phone cause she doesn't care about Kagura and just wants her dead... while she was just stabbing herself out of the picture.

Kagura with longhair is indeed moe. I thought they could've played the intro song (which I absolutely love) earlier - during the mainfight.

Anyway, great anime. 9/10
 
#8
Dec 27, 2008 9:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4311
Ahh great end. It was sad to watch Kagura jam the holy blade into Yomi with those flashbacks.

Long haired Kagura is sexy. It was awesome to see Ken too. They should animate the manga soon.
 
#9
Dec 27, 2008 9:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 167
That was a great way to end it all. I've got to say I wasn't expecting it to wind up being this good when I started watching it all. If they decide to continue on I know it'll be towards the top of my list of things to watch...
 
Dec 27, 2008 9:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4300
Fantastic execution, fantastic story, fantastic sound and music, not so fantastic animation at times but overall the surprise of the season for me and the best action show as well. The yuri theme didn't hurt either. 8/10.

Kagura was sexy but Yomi was my favorite, too bad she had to die. I'd love to see more Ga-rei, maybe I'll start reading the manga if they won't animate it.
 
Dec 27, 2008 9:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3
yeah after this im definately gonna pick up the manga
 
Dec 27, 2008 10:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 13
Wow nice episode! really hoping for a second season =D
 
Dec 27, 2008 10:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 7374
The Last Episode was great!

Kagura = beautiful :3 hahah!
 
Dec 28, 2008 12:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 134
kuroshiroi said:
Fantastic execution, fantastic story, fantastic sound and music, not so fantastic animation at times but overall the surprise of the season for me and the best action show as well. The yuri theme didn't hurt either. 8/10.

Kagura was sexy but Yomi was my favorite, too bad she had to die. I'd love to see more Ga-rei, maybe I'll start reading the manga if they won't animate it.


Hehe...if that's what you think happened to Yomi, then you'll definitely want to check out the manga. You'll be surprized.
 
Dec 28, 2008 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3012
They better make a sequel. >_< They kinda left it off with the perfect way to start a second season with even introducing the manga's main character...that "Ken-chan" dude.

Well, either way, I am definitely starting the manga soon. ^_^
 
Dec 28, 2008 12:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 502
yay spoilers.... cuz i didnt read the manga...

anyway good episode, very expected ending though
what i didnt expect was the wheel chair lady and her assistant to be alive (with a completely different state of mind i might add), maybe yomi wasnt completely evil that episode
awesome fights made this series end well

a second series would probably be awesome but already somewhat spoiled for me haha
 
Dec 28, 2008 1:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 21
yeah, you're not supposed to discuss the manga >:[ it spoils it way for the people that haven't read it. but there should be a Ga-Rei , sequel to the zero. i think it'd make a pretty darn good anime if it came out haha
 
Dec 28, 2008 1:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 10587
Great episode. The end to the prequel was what I hoped it to be. It was also awesome to see older Kagura and Ken animated. I really hope they adapt the manga sometime in the future since it's pretty exciting now. Overall, gets an 8.

 
Dec 28, 2008 2:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1395
First of all, they did justice to high school girl Kagura! Damn, she is just as cute as her manga counterpart! So the prequel ended at the very beginning of the manga. I couldn't think of a much better way to end an already great series. Not only was it a great ending, they set the very foundations to continue on with the actual Ga-Rei storyline. Haven't heard/seen any news regarding a continuation of the story, but damn they better! xD

That was a rather bittersweet moment with Yomi there. Poor girl really...in the end, she valued the person most important to her over her own life.

Magical High School Girl Kagura FTW!!! xD
 
Dec 28, 2008 2:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 56
T_T

Why oh why? Well, I saw it coming (duh), but still… why oh why? It’s heartbreaking… and I love it at the same time.

Yomi could’ve been powerful enough to overcome the Death Stone. I mean, there are moments when she manages to be her real self. You know, maybe she could’ve tried harder and made the Death Stone into her own ally and kill that darn white-haired brat. That way, she and Kagura would’ve been able to return to being sisters like they always were.

Or maybe, I’m just trying to look for excuses to avoid that sad ending, but I also love the sad ending. Eh, I’m confused with myself.

I'm all in for the 2nd season! I have until vol. 5 of the manga and I'm gonna start reading now.

Between the two, who do you like? Me, I like Yomi more, but Kagura's cool too.
 
Dec 28, 2008 4:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 6964
I knew it was going to happen, but still got teary. *sigh*
Hope second season comes around soon.
 
Dec 28, 2008 4:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 99
Yomi does appear in the manga as an enemy... she is more of a true specter this time and plans unleashing a great evil. So Kagura (along with Ken, who they introduced next to Kagura at the very end of the episode) will have to face her again.

I imagine there will probably be a sequel to Zero that follows the plotline of the anime (since Zero was a prequel)... but I don't think there are really enough volumes of the manga now to have a complete series that can end and stay true to the manga story. My guess is they will wait until more of the manga story is published before producing an anime that follows Ga-Rei.
 
Dec 28, 2008 4:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1401
PimpToad said:
First of all, they did justice to high school girl Kagura! Damn, she is just as cute as her manga counterpart!


Can't really say... Manga Kagura is still better

awesome anime. A bit iffy at the start but has gone better episode by episode. Can't think of a better ending. especially how Yomi won against the death stone's powers

Nori-chan FTW!!!!
 
Dec 28, 2008 4:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1083
Gawd, I just love this show. It's a heart-breaking ending. T____T
Well, this is just the prequel of Ga-Rei. I can't really wait when they animate the manga series!

10/10. I don't care what you people say. :D
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
 
Dec 28, 2008 6:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 5239
Dunno why i didnt like the ending much,i hoped for something better,but anyway it was a good show.
 
Dec 28, 2008 7:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 17
I'm not sure how to feel about the ending...
I have no problem with the story, but there's something about the order they put things in this episode that I disliked. It was good up to the part where Kaguya went berserk after Yomi's death, however after that they should've made it more... I don't know. More quiet. But that's just me.

Ehh, but Yomi sure is delicious. XD
Anyway, great series, really. I'm very interested in the manga now. Also, I wonder if there are any figurines of this out there. *sparkle sparkle*
 
Dec 28, 2008 7:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 43
Now we only have to with and see if a second season is going to be announce.
An amazing series!
 
Dec 28, 2008 7:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 134
Manga spoiler...


A good series overall. My only complaint was that they never went back to the characters from the first episode. There was a brief cameo in one of the later episodes where the two of them walk by Kagura chatting with her friends, but we never see them again after that. I can understand why they didn't, as it would be kind of hard to transition back to them, but I'm still a little disappointed.
Modified by SilentPredator03, Dec 28, 2008 11:00 AM
 
Dec 28, 2008 8:29 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
SilentPredator03 said:
That makes sense. In order to kill Mei, Yomi had to destroy her Death Stone. Kagura clearly didn't destroy Yomi's as it was in her head and Kagura stabbed her in the stomach.
So you are not phazed at all with the fact that was a blatant spoiler which should go under a SPOILER TAG? Seriously people, anything from the manga should be marked as a spoiler, specially since this is a prequel to the manga.

A good series overall. My only complaint was that they never went back to the characters from the first episode. There was a brief cameo in one of the later episodes where the two of them walk by Kagura chatting with her friends, but we never see them again after that. I can understand why they didn't, as it would be kind of hard to transition back to them, but I'm still a little disappointed.
Well, this indeed is one of the stains in the season. They specifically created this cast of characters just to confuse manga readers and trick viewers. Everyone else was handled well, but those guys were just used then thrown aside once that episode was over with. An OVA could help, since I would advice against adding them in a proper manga adaptation (don't want manga readers screaming foul).

 
Dec 28, 2008 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 285
Pretty good for a prologue especially as an anime-only prologue. The first and early eps along with the later ones were very good, I felt the middle ones dragged it down a bit. I wish they had made the fight more epic but oh well. Also way too much crying. 8/10

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
 
Dec 28, 2008 8:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 759
I want Yomi back.... ;(
~_~ !
 
Dec 28, 2008 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1191
And thus ends my favourite show of the season :(

It was an amazing episode though, and they way they connected everything to the manga towards the end was just great and made me bump it to a 10/10 from a 9/10.
And also, I agree with whoever said that you need to read the manga to fully appreciate the awesomeness of this series.

*hopes for an animation of the manga*
Modified by yakisobapan, Dec 28, 2008 10:22 AM
 
Dec 28, 2008 10:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3735
What an amazing episode, it was far better than I expected, but sad that Yomi is gone.

9/10

Sent with Mal Updater
 
Dec 28, 2008 11:02 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 351
great show..it did it's job and got me interested enough, i think i'll read the manga now.
 
Dec 28, 2008 11:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 134
Leon-Gun said:
So you are not phazed at all with the fact that was a blatant spoiler which should go under a SPOILER TAG? Seriously people, anything from the manga should be marked as a spoiler, specially since this is a prequel to the manga.

Manga spoilers

 
Dec 28, 2008 11:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
SilentPredator03 said:
Leon-Gun said:
So you are not phazed at all with the fact that was a blatant spoiler which should go under a SPOILER TAG? Seriously people, anything from the manga should be marked as a spoiler, specially since this is a prequel to the manga.

Manga spoilers

Maybe I overreacted, so forgive me for that. But it is part of the discussion rules to mark all spoilers. It is indeed true that it would be incentive into reading the manga/watching a possible second season (or season 1 if we go with the fact this season was season Zero)

 
Dec 28, 2008 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 248
Really sad ending. Made me cry. And the last scene was an actual scene from the manga (and now Kagura looks so MOE <3).
Well, the existence of 2nd season depends on how good the DVDs will sell. Since, the 1st volume was released, we'll probably find out soon.
 
Dec 28, 2008 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 134
ArucardPL said:
Really sad ending. Made me cry. And the last scene was an actual scene from the manga (and now Kagura looks so MOE <3).
Well, the existence of 2nd season depends on how good the DVDs will sell. Since, the 1st volume was released, we'll probably find out soon.


Yea, the last scene was like the first 3 or 4 pages of the manga. Also, the when the DVD's are all released (beginning/mid summer), the manga should be have released at least 2 more volumes making that 10. So there should be a sufficient amount of material for a 26 episode series, hopefully.

Just a side note: does anyone know when the 9th volume will be released? Wikipedia, amazon.jp or play-asia doesn't have anything listed or even confirmed for that matter. I don't wanna make this a manga thread, but if someone knows, I'd appreciate it.
 
Dec 28, 2008 1:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2469
The final episode was pretty sad, but well done nonetheless. I really hope that a second season is going to come out for this.
 
Dec 28, 2008 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3735
HappyPear said:
The final episode was pretty sad, but well done nonetheless. I really hope that a second season is going to come out for this.


A second season without Yomi will be pointless.
 
Dec 28, 2008 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 185
Loved it! It was sad when Kagura killed Yomi though.
Wow Ken-chan looks so much better in the Anime than the Manga xD I still like Manga Kagura better though.

Breath||
 
Dec 28, 2008 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2508
Awesome episode and liked how it ended it aswell XD

overall = 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 28, 2008 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3017
Wow ... very nice ending in my opinion, turns out not as many people died as we thought and also Kagura has found herself a boyfriend? Or just a close partner? I really am hoping for a second season this season itself was so great xD!
 
Dec 28, 2008 2:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 330
Crimsonwill said:
Wow ... very nice ending in my opinion, turns out not as many people died as we thought and also Kagura has found herself a boyfriend? Or just a close partner? I really am hoping for a second season this season itself was so great xD!


the manga will answer your questions haha xD
 
Dec 28, 2008 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 138
Gr...I want MOAR Ga-Rei! Bring on the Manga plots! I'm ready to see the hotter and older version of Kagura!

But anyways, I do hope they make an adaption of the Manga. This episode was pretty good, but it only ended me up in asking for moar. Oh well, maybe one of the new anime in Winter line-ups will be like Ga-Rei Zero.
 
Dec 28, 2008 4:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3050
such a sad last episode ;_;

this anime gets a 7/10 from me
 
Dec 28, 2008 5:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 142
Great ending and hopefully we'll see a sequel. =)

I'll give this series a 9/10. :)

 
Dec 28, 2008 6:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 10
Awww....crap. Whenever I get this emotional over something my heart starts to hurt real bad. I'm such a loser. Dang that was a great ending. Desperately hoping they animate the manga. And now I'm off to make lots of animated banners and stuff with Yomi and Kagura.
 
Dec 28, 2008 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2652
Leon-Gun said:
SilentPredator03 said:
That makes sense. In order to kill Mei, Yomi had to destroy her Death Stone. Kagura clearly didn't destroy Yomi's as it was in her head and Kagura stabbed her in the stomach.
So you are not phazed at all with the fact that was a blatant spoiler which should go under a SPOILER TAG? Seriously people, anything from the manga should be marked as a spoiler, specially since this is a prequel to the manga.

A good series overall. My only complaint was that they never went back to the characters from the first episode. There was a brief cameo in one of the later episodes where the two of them walk by Kagura chatting with her friends, but we never see them again after that. I can understand why they didn't, as it would be kind of hard to transition back to them, but I'm still a little disappointed.
Well, this indeed is one of the stains in the season. They specifically created this cast of characters just to confuse manga readers and trick viewers. Everyone else was handled well, but those guys were just used then thrown aside once that episode was over with. An OVA could help, since I would advice against adding them in a proper manga adaptation (don't want manga readers screaming foul).


I actually thought they tossed in those characters and showed their deaths at the start as a way to say "Hey good characters can die in this series so expect the worst". It also felt like a way to show that there was more people that had special powers and it wasn't just a select group. The whole killing at the start was what grabbed my attention in the first place anyway. The story from where was decent but I would have liked to see more episodes like the first one.
 
Dec 28, 2008 8:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
DeathfireD said:

I actually thought they tossed in those characters and showed their deaths at the start as a way to say "Hey good characters can die in this series so expect the worst". It also felt like a way to show that there was more people that had special powers and it wasn't just a select group. The whole killing at the start was what grabbed my attention in the first place anyway. The story from where was decent but I would have liked to see more episodes like the first one.
They needed to have given the two star members of that group some backstory. They showed in other ways that there were more exorcists besides the ones from the Agency (there's entire families who've done this job for generations). I feel like they wasted potential. It's not like they could not have fitted in somewhere, as both teams knew each other well.

 
Top
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »