Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2013 6:28 PM

May 2010
Tyrel said:
Hydnlife said:
was a decent 2nd episode hope thing pick up next one tho.

It's 25 episode series, don't expect things to roll out fast ;p.
One can hope right?
Apr 13, 2013 6:30 PM

May 2010
Pusswookie said:
Hydnlife said:
This got ugly real fast. damn people sending 250,000 all for nothing, trade off the food problem got better,,,,

Was also thinking when that Titan started charging only one phase came to mind (These pony walls dont mean shit i'm the juggernaut bitch) lol

?
Oh, I see you fixed it.
yeah, but thanks for the pony wall. lol
Apr 13, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2011
Pusswookie said:
Hydnlife said:
This got ugly real fast. damn people sending 250,000 all for nothing, trade off the food problem got better,,,,

Was also thinking when that Titan started charging only one phase came to mind (These pony walls dont mean shit i'm the juggernaut bitch) lol

?
Oh, I see you fixed it.

Ahahahah. That was a good one.
Apr 13, 2013 6:39 PM

May 2010
5/5 this is going to be epic.
Apr 13, 2013 6:42 PM
Oct 2010
I hate how they toned down the gore, hope they fix that for the BR releases.
Apr 13, 2013 7:00 PM

Jan 2011
Another freaking awesome episode. That armored Titan was insanely powerful. He started sprinting and broke the wall leaving everyone shocked and traumatized. Hannes calling Eren weak and telling that he was scared was really emotional. Heck this whole episode was very emotional but still showed that Eren, Mikasa and Armin are still hopeful.

I really liked Eren's determination and facial expression when he vowed to kill all the Titans. Mikasa punching some sense into Eren was what I had expected from Mikasa. She's so badass already. All three of them joined the military.

The OST was amazing; made scenes a lot more sadder and dreadful. The ED is so beautiful and centres around Mikasa and Eren. :)
5/5
Apr 13, 2013 7:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
wow, This flowed even nicer than the manga imo with the extra content. It seems they are taking their time with this adaption, and I'm very happy about it. Hope it won't disappoint. And Kaji Yuki, Damn he did an awesome job. I couldn't even tell it was him at the end. The atmosphere, and music are all wonderful.

I agree :) I was really surprised that they didn't go according to the manga and instead continued off the last episode. But it's nice to see how Eren's determination to kill the titans came to be, and even the argument between him and his friends. The soldiers were so harsh, saying that more people should've been eaten when they don't know anything. Also the scene with, I guess, some of the leaders of the town talking about how they can't believe the wall has been breached. It's a nice addition to show the difference in attitude between people who have first hand experience of seeing the titans, versus people who are just sitting there not knowing anything.

I like how the adaptation is going in chronological order. As long as the story is not changed, I think it's refreshing for the manga readers, since we're not exactly sure what to expect. Anyways, I love Kaji Yuki's voice at the end, just when I thought his voice was already deep enough, it got deeper and you can really hear his hatred/determination. And lastly, the bgm was fantastic, intense at the parts with the titans and the armored titan bursting through, and then sad/emotional near the end when Eren, Armin, and Mikasa were talking, and then deciding to join the army...that guitar piece ;_; Sawano Hiroyuki really knows how to trigger people's emotions with his compositions.
tingyApr 13, 2013 7:04 PM
Apr 13, 2013 7:07 PM

Mar 2012
Eren and his stupid shocked expression didn't get any less annoying in this episode. It made me smile when that dude said "because you're weak" to Eren, but I legitimately laughed out loud when Eren had a flashback of it. Mikasa punching Eren was the best part of the whole episode. Writing is very average. Dropped like Skrillex.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 13, 2013 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty good episode, the bgm is very good and the next episode looks promising, let's see what happens next.
7.5/10 for now.
Apr 13, 2013 7:14 PM

Aug 2011
Having read the latest manga and watching this episode was something else. I loved it throughout and it was all well done. The scenes with Eren was emotional painful to watch and was well animated. For one who is fan of Misaka, I loved her in this episode and seeing her grown up just makes you like her more.

The OST for this episode was glorious and lovely, and at the end of the episode, we see Eren's voice after dropping the balls. This is gooood!

Again, as a Mikasa fanboy, I loved the ED. I can't wait until the OST and the OP\ED is out for sales!~
Apr 13, 2013 7:21 PM
Mar 2008
omg this is so good. Should I start reading the manga? I don't really want to spoil myself, but waiting 7 days for an episode to come up is too painful
Apr 13, 2013 7:27 PM
Jul 2018
character designs were a bit off this time, especially mikasa...
Apr 13, 2013 7:29 PM

Nov 2010
Tyrel said:
pralan said:
Tyrel said:
PhoenixIce said:
well...

Why would you spoil something so big in an episode 2 discussion.

Well at least he use the spoiler tag, it's something.

Doesn't mean he should go and say something so big, like literally he just gave one of the biggest spoilers you can do.
Yeah and there was no purpose to it. It was just stating a spoiler for no reason.
Apr 13, 2013 7:29 PM

Apr 2009
I found it odd that Mikasa's character design was utterly perfect in the ED, but very different to what I expected in the actual show.

The ED captured the dead eyed killer I've come to know and love, but she looks like an office worker in the show. Oh, well.
Apr 13, 2013 7:30 PM

Jul 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
pralan said:
Tyrel said:
PhoenixIce said:
well...

Why would you spoil something so big in an episode 2 discussion.

Well at least he use the spoiler tag, it's something.

Doesn't mean he should go and say something so big, like literally he just gave one of the biggest spoilers you can do.
Yeah and there was no purpose to it. It was just stating a spoiler for no reason.

Well, that is true.
Apr 13, 2013 7:30 PM

Jan 2010
Though not as impactful as the first episode, this was still very good. I really liked how they expanded on the manga here.
I will probably wait a few weeks or months(if I'm patient enough) before picking this up again though. I just enjoy watching a lot of episodes successively more than only 1 per week, it really affects my enjoyment of a series. And since this seems promising I want to have the best possible experience.
Apr 13, 2013 7:33 PM

Oct 2012
Lynx_7 said:
Though not as impactful as the first episode, this was still very good. I really liked how they expanded on the manga here.
I will probably wait a few weeks or months(if I'm patient enough) before picking this up again though. I just enjoy watching a lot of episodes successively more than only 1 per week, it really affects my enjoyment of a series. And since this seems promising I want to have the best possible experience.
yeah, I feel like I don't get the same effect as marathoning a show when I watch them weekly
Apr 13, 2013 7:33 PM

Apr 2013
Jonny_Mhl said:
Freaking epic, 2 walls down and 10000 dead? Well are things getting worst in every minute heh?
only 1 wall down, the other one was just a small wall protecting the outside village.
Apr 13, 2013 7:34 PM
Mar 2013
ppl should know by now Clicking a Spoiler Button is at your own risk XD if it got spoiled its your own fault for clicking it.... that aside Epic Episode can't wait to see the hardships during the Training Arc.
Apr 13, 2013 7:37 PM

Feb 2013
This was a good episode, not as good as last week but still great. You do see what a fix these people are in, but instead of feeling anger, I just feel motivated. I want them to beat these things! Also, the Titans don't seem as stupid as they look going by that armored Titan.
What was up with that dream of Eren's about his dad? What happened to his dad anyway during those 2 years? Did he go nuts?

But the children have grown up now and they are out for vengeance!

Oh, and the ED was awesome. It reminded me of "The Snowman" Christmas special.
Apr 13, 2013 7:40 PM

Jul 2012
Other than not liking Mikasa's character design, good episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Apr 13, 2013 7:41 PM
Jun 2008
There are some spoiler tag when I look into the MAL character detail .

MiKasa become over beautiful over the year LOL
Apr 13, 2013 7:42 PM

May 2010
bastek66 said:
Those lips. :3

haha XD

dam, i can only think 'Rukia' when i see her tho x))
love you Mikasa! <3
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 13, 2013 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
Did he just spoil an anime that is being called one of the 'best' for me? I want to fucking kill this asshole.

I clicked the spoiler because this is supposed to be an anime-only discussion. FUCK YOU BIG TIME.
Apr 13, 2013 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
Can some explain to me whats going on? In the first episode the city didn't look that big and once the titans took it down i thought it was done, but then do they go deeper inside the city or did they take a boat to somewhere else?

I am very confused about the geology of this whole thing...
Apr 13, 2013 7:51 PM

Aug 2009
DAMN... IM REALLY LOVING THIS SHOW <3
Apr 13, 2013 7:51 PM

Oct 2012
LoliYandere said:
Did he just spoil an anime that is being called one of the 'best' for me? I want to fucking kill this asshole.

I clicked the spoiler because this is supposed to be an anime-only discussion. FUCK YOU BIG TIME.
don't expect everyone to follow the rules. Especially with an anime this popular
Apr 13, 2013 7:52 PM
Oct 2009
DAMN THAT WAS AWESOME.

Eren is a bit annoying screaming and being emo all the time, but then again, it's not like it's not believable, it's just hard on my ears lol.

Music is still as freakin epic as ever, and I just loooove the crisp art style.

Also, damn that end, Eren's face, with the overly epic music.. That. was. so. COOL.
Apr 13, 2013 7:52 PM

Apr 2009
ibrahim2712 said:
Can some explain to me whats going on? In the first episode the city didn't look that big and once the titans took it down i thought it was done, but then do they go deeper inside the city or did they take a boat to somewhere else?

Actually pay attention to the informative images the show gives you, and you wouldn't be confused.

It explains how there are three walls.
Apr 13, 2013 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
ibrahim2712 said:
This should explain it:
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 13, 2013 7:53 PM

Apr 2010
Apr 13, 2013 7:55 PM
Apr 2012
Is it just me or is the adaptation fixing the messed-up chronology of the manga? HEAVY spoilers for the manga in the following spoiler button.

Apr 13, 2013 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
So episode 1 took 1 chapter +22 pages.
This episode took 10 pages from chapter 2 lolol
Though the rations scene was filler, ...I think.
Apr 13, 2013 7:56 PM

Apr 2009
fdsfgs said:
Is it just me or is the adaptation fixing the messed-up chronology of the manga? HEAVY spoilers for the manga in the following spoiler button.

All they're doing is putting the training flashback that happens during the middle of the Trost arc now.
Apr 13, 2013 8:00 PM

Apr 2013
ibrahim2712 said:

Theres 3 walls containing huge lands with a lot of houses, BUT outside of these walls there's 4 different towns (south, north, east, west)that are used to store a lot of individuals but also to attract the titans.
Apr 13, 2013 8:00 PM
Apr 2012
Amarrez said:
fdsfgs said:

All they're doing is putting the training flashback that happens during the middle of the Trost arc now.

I thought so. I was looking forward to a certain scene that, had the adaptation followed the chronology of the manga, would have occurred next episode, but it seems it won't happen for a while now.
Apr 13, 2013 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
That running titan was op. People get screamed at and Mikasa punchs Eren, good times. Still really love this so far.
Apr 13, 2013 8:03 PM

Apr 2013
Luxorcist said:
So episode 1 took 1 chapter +22 pages.
This episode took 10 pages from chapter 2 lolol
Though the rations scene was filler, ...I think.
they used a chapter that was used later on.. can't remember which one.. its about 1.5/2 chapters per episode.
Apr 13, 2013 8:04 PM

Nov 2010
Num1dad_Asura said:
Other than not liking Mikasa's character design, good episode.
Yeah that disappoints me a little. In the manga, her dark with no highlight eyes were very unique. But in the anime, her eyes are the same as everyone else.

fdsfgs said:

Well they did add stuff when they were on the boat and in the town, but it's just expanding on that time.

And what I'm worried about is that flashback scene.
Apr 13, 2013 8:05 PM
Sep 2011
Well, decent series so far. I really liked the ed. Except from the fanservice, it has something artistic, especially on how it presents Eren and Mikasa at the end.
Apr 13, 2013 8:06 PM

Feb 2012
I really like this series and even read a portion of the manga but my problem with the manga seems to be the same as with the series. The pacing is just so damn slow...
Apr 13, 2013 8:06 PM

Sep 2008
Seems they've included the steamed potato part in the next episode. 5/5. 10/10. 100/100. Just because of that.
Apr 13, 2013 8:10 PM

Oct 2012
HeavenlyUser said:
I really like this series and even read a portion of the manga but my problem with the manga seems to be the same as with the series. The pacing is just so damn slow...

Music to my ears when I read these statements.

Hey, does Mikasa have a large role in this show? As in, she doesn't take a back seat in order for Eren to shine?

Just curious. I like seeing 'tough' women in action in my anime~

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Apr 13, 2013 8:11 PM

Nov 2010
Tavor said:
HeavenlyUser said:

Music to my ears when I read these statements.

Hey, does Mikasa have a large role in this show? As in, she doesn't take a back seat in order for Eren to shine?

Just curious. I like seeing 'tough' women in action in my anime~
No back seat for her. Eren is the main character, so no surprise that it's mostly about him. But she still shines a lot, and is still a lot of people's favorite character.
Apr 13, 2013 8:11 PM

Mar 2012
Once again a very good episode... it doesn't surprise me seeing Eren pretty much becoming Anakin Skywalker... like comon you saw that look at the end... thats the exact same look Anakin had when he told Obi Wan to basically frak off.
Apr 13, 2013 8:15 PM

Oct 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
No back seat for her. Eren is the main character, so no surprise that it's mostly about him. But she still shines a lot, and is still a lot of people's favorite character.

Understandable, and glad to hear she has a prominent role for the episodes to come then :)

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Apr 13, 2013 8:18 PM

Feb 2010
Eren is annoying as hell, his sister is moe though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2013 8:20 PM

Sep 2011
OneWhoReadsBooks said:

I don't get it. Why would you spoil something like that. This is the ANIME episode TWO discussion. It doesn't fucking matter if you put a spoiler tag or not you idiot.

Wanna unquote that? I already reported his post and got it removed. Only one left that remains of his is your quote.
Apr 13, 2013 8:21 PM

May 2012
MelbShaw said:
Eren is annoying as hell, his sister is moe though.

Apr 13, 2013 8:22 PM
Jul 2012
Tavor said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Understandable, and glad to hear she has a prominent role for the episodes to come then :)

All the other characters become important in some why or another, and get plenty of "screen time". It's not like Naruto, or Bleach were the hero steals the show every arc.

So you'll be seeing plenty of Misaka and other soon-to-be-introduced characters.
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.