Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 10, 2016 4:48 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Necessary but rather uninteresting backstory of the main villiain. It tried to be soo edgy in order to justify her later actions. I didn't like it and it didn't convince me. Obviously all people at that place were evil and chased her like a serial killer that escaped prison, lol
Sep 5, 2016 9:18 PM
Nov 2010
Uchihafan25 said:
That orphanage was so fucked up. Where's Johan Liebert when you need him?!

I was totally thinking of The Saint movie from 1997...
Oct 24, 2016 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
I love the new parts they added in the OP and in the ending we learn more about the context of the show now and what'll happen later on...
This episode helped a lot with getting to know Takano's character, but I still hate her haha
Dec 29, 2016 1:21 PM
Mar 2016
I never thought I'd like a backstory ep as much I would. This show blows me away with every aspect.... I'm going to be upset when I finish this entire series
Mar 11, 2017 7:14 PM

Feb 2016
Remember folks. If the big mean man is right behind you against a door you can not only outrun this long legged monstrosity but also have the time to crawl under the fence one by one... I mean come on! At least show him as crippled or horribly unfit. But nope, this guy sprints as fast as a normal adult.
Cloud_IllusionsMar 11, 2017 7:41 PM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Mar 27, 2017 8:57 AM
Nov 2015
What the hell rika and hanyuu talked about????
The part when Takano swore to god is surprisingly great. All those hardships are kind of there for us to sympathize, but when she told the lightning to strike her, it feels real.
Sep 10, 2018 4:29 PM

Feb 2018
Wow that was nice dram im almost crying where Maebara Keiichi get shoot
Apr 24, 2020 4:07 AM

Feb 2018
Hanyuu is a devil or Oyashiro, xD.
May 7, 2020 9:10 PM
Apr 2019
So, editings a little wonky this time around but I get it. Major Takano had a hard life and she cast it all away to become the monster she is by June of 83
May 28, 2020 10:13 AM

May 2018
little loli shouts and screams at the sky part 1
May 28, 2020 11:09 AM
Oct 2019
Am I the only one that doesn't give two f's about that crazy b's backstory? And I hate the cliche evil laugh, therefore, I especially am annoyed when the crazy b evil-laughs.
Jun 8, 2020 8:29 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
So professional wrestling is what the kids are calling it these days...I guess the staged but pretending its real part is true.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 17, 2020 10:06 PM

Aug 2018
It was interesting seeing her backstory. However even though she had a rough childhood I still hate her.

Sep 24, 2020 12:44 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty boring episode tbh. This show loves to make plotholes into stories, Takano's was full of them as well.
Sep 26, 2020 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
@Gator plotholes such as?
Sep 27, 2020 1:29 AM

Apr 2013
Tengoku_Spiral said:
@Gator plotholes such as?

Such as Takano suddenly having no morals anymore after the timeskip from child to adult.
Oct 28, 2020 7:03 AM
Oct 2019
We are on the last arc Matsuribayashi-hen..

Wow whole episode dedicated to Miyo Tragic backstory...

I see, you want to make me feel sorry for her, Hell no!!! 😠
Nov 12, 2020 3:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A disjointed style of backstory, revealing how cursed Takano Miyo past on her memories. Its revealed that she was a foster child of Takano Hifumi. I still didn't know what kind of place Miyo has been placed there.

(edit, after watching the next episode. Lol, in fact, the place was the real orphanage after Miyo contacted to that officer. Was she forget about her father wishes? Damn, its a bad decision of her to obey that shitty officer. The place had a lot of a bad attitude security and a cruel caretaker with a brutal personality on it. Wtf, why that shitty place can even exist in the first place? Fuck that shitty person that took Miyo into that place! She became a villain after your shitty decision!) Its might looks like an experiment house where they were all did a lot of experiment to those kids. Meanwhile, by using them as a subject of test, they were not treated well, evidence with that a lot of screaming, torture everytimes, and made them all fell in a fearness. No wondering that she had such a sadist personality on her mind, knewing those past was so convoluted. Or she went crazy because of the syndrome too? Lol. A lot of a wild assumptions again from me [but its actually getting answerred at the next episode, fool me xd.] Especially with that first past with her saying 'ojii-chan' to some old man. Was that Takano sensei? [Yes, it was really him, and he took care of her after getting the location of her at the next episode event]....
I am still confused about how Miyo's ended up with those research note, how could she even survived with the whole pursuit scheme she had there, and why she even knew those 'Tokyo' group. Well, i hope the next episode will explained much better about her memories that has been retold with a disjoint style of a story telling. [And yes. Its already explained at the next episode, together with the appearance of Hanyuu, aka Oyashiro-sama that looks like very aggresive toward Miyo. Damn!]

Ngl, i am not a fan of those retold style. A past story that coverred a past memories too. The backstory behind a backstory. Lol. So, yeah, really looking forward to had a better terms of understanding for these arc .... More importantly with that new OP visual, featuring Hanyuu's earthen plane appearance. Holy shit! Was she really plan to joined their journey too?
badabassNov 12, 2020 4:53 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 19, 2020 4:55 AM

Oct 2016
Another really great episode exploring Takano's fuck up childhood. There is not a bone in my body that can forgive Takano as of now but, I can understand why she would blame God for her suffering, losing her parents and then getting sent to a shitass orphanage. Though there is still more to this, we still don't know how she became who she is now. But, it's really interesting to see how the Irie Institution was formed.

I also really liked the additions in the OP, Hanyuu will definitely have a prominent role this arc and I am looking forward to it.
Dec 20, 2021 5:18 AM
Jul 2021
new op is there and takano's backstory is fucked up but this doesnt justify her killing people like satoko who experienced a similar condition like her
Dec 21, 2021 9:57 PM

Aug 2020
Don't forget to watch the end credits.

They are trying to empathize with us. I don't care. I still don't like her nor feel bad for her. Well, maybe just a bit.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jun 7, 2022 10:48 AM
Nov 2020
I was going to hate takano all out but now i feel kind of bad.
And tf bro i thought that the arc ended in last ep so is this still continuing? Or is this a new arc?
Jul 16, 2022 12:02 PM

May 2016
Probably nobody watching the ending talk with Hanyuu and Rikka, this time was seriously hilarious, so Rikka tells Hanyuu that her Auau reminds her of one ofnthe movies her father watched backthen about a blond man and woman Pro Wrestling in a car I don't even need to explain LMAO.
Aug 7, 2022 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
Higurashi Kai [EPISODE 14]

Takano, clearly from her present behavior is fully aware of what she is doing, thus to blame it on a "tragic" past is pure denial at best. I've also noticed that some people are "relating" with her backstory which truly concerns me. Now do note that, Takano, the "unlucky" girl becomes a mass murder in the future and yet this anime is trying to make me sympathize with her, which in fact is very typical of non creative storytelling. WHAT A JOKE
removed-userAug 8, 2022 5:28 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.