Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 11, 2013 3:19 PM

Oct 2012
Can someone find me an anime I haven't seen that centers around an MC who struggles with being alone all the time maybe because of social problems, having a cynical/distrustful outlook of people in general, or because they're different and feel no one can relate with their struggle, causing them to think that they don't deserve to kindness/love of other people, maybe because they know they'll end up hurting them. As an alternative, the anime could be about an MC who struggles with many hardships, such as Clannad: After Story or Madoka Magica. Manga suggestions also welcome as well.

Some examples:

Legend of Legendary Heroes
Welcome to the NHK!
Elfen Lied
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen
Onani Master Kurosawa ( a manga, I know, but a good example)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
5 Centimeters Per second
Sword Art Online

Apr 11, 2013 4:01 PM

Jun 2010
Blassreiter - Perfect example. (At least that's the feeling I got)
Sacred 7
MaceTheDonApr 11, 2013 4:04 PM
Apr 11, 2013 4:05 PM

Nov 2012
.hack//sign
It's admittedly slow, but the MC is definitely the lonely type.
I can't say too much without spoiling the plot, but definitely not your stereotypical "lonely" character.
Apr 12, 2013 3:20 PM

Oct 2012
bump

pleeeeease guys, I'm desperate

Apr 12, 2013 3:27 PM
May 2012
Denpa teki na kanojo
Apr 12, 2013 3:27 PM

Jul 2012
The MC of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is kinda lonely
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 12, 2013 3:45 PM

Oct 2012
Casshern Sins gives a very strong feeling of loneliness.
The MC is very lonely. He is hated. People attack & alienate him because he did something unforgivable. He has no friends or companions. Many other characters are also lonely. People are dying off - It's the end of the world, literally. They form communities and even these aren't permanent. Very sad. A personal favourite of mine.

In Area 88 (TV) the MC is separated from his love by his childhood friend who betrayed him. He is forced to fight people he bares no grudge against in a foreign land if he has any hope of returning. Other mercenaries fight alongside him as comrades each with their own reasons but he always seems to stare off into the distance feeling empty inside. A nice anime considering its only 12 episodes long. Somewhat underrated too.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Apr 12, 2013 8:45 PM

Oct 2012
GypaetusBarbatus said:
The MC is very lonely. He is hated. People attack & alienate him because he did something unforgivable. He has no friends or companions. Many other characters are also lonely. People are dying off - It's the end of the world, literally. They form communities and even these aren't permanent. Very sad. A personal favourite of mine.

In Area 88 (TV) the MC is separated from his love by his childhood friend who betrayed him. He is forced to fight people he bares no grudge against in a foreign land if he has any hope of returning. Other mercenaries fight alongside him as comrades each with their own reasons but he always seems to stare off into the distance feeling empty inside. A nice anime considering its only 12 episodes long. Somewhat underrated too.

hmmm, I've heard that anime mentioned a few times in the past, must have overlooked it. Seems to have an interesting plot. I'll give it a try, thanks.

Apr 12, 2013 8:49 PM

Jun 2012
Read Oyasumi Punpun.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Apr 12, 2013 10:20 PM
Apr 12, 2013 10:25 PM

Jan 2013
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

New anime that has recently started airing. Pretty much fits the bill.
Apr 12, 2013 10:25 PM

Jul 2012
GypaetusBarbatus said:

Seconding Casshern Sins.
Apr 13, 2013 4:03 AM

Feb 2012
Holyland manga.
Apr 13, 2013 5:44 AM

Nov 2011
Key of the Metal Idol
Apr 13, 2013 6:02 AM

Mar 2013
Aoi Bungaku.

Apr 13, 2013 6:12 AM
Apr 13, 2013 7:31 AM
Jun 2012
darker than black
steins;gate
Apr 13, 2013 7:45 AM

Apr 2011
I also agree you should read oyasumi pun pun. Watch Tatami Galaxy also if you have not.

More topics from this board

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

17 by PlasticRobot »»
2 hours ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
11 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
Today, 1:02 AM

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.