Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 18, 2016 2:04 AM

Mar 2015
Awesome, Hachiman!!! Animals tend to pack so he doesnt want to be in group and prefers to be alone just like me, awesomeness!!! Yeah, you must blend with group whether like it or not so why not alone? Being alone is a proof that you claimed freedom. Nothing to be binded by someone. What I dont like in Hachiman is he keeps list down people he wants to kill but besides that he is a person that I feel close to him. If there is a person like that, I wont be friends with him but I will respect him from afar.

2nd half of the show ruined the 1st half. I will rate it 10 if it werent for chuunibyou guy. I also respect Yukino because she spent her precious time for that crappy LN. She must be nice person :o

4.7/5
Jan 18, 2017 5:23 AM

Apr 2013
So...
Hachiman is a bit more of a pussy than I thought.
Yukino is pretty much how I imagined her.
Yui is way too normal.
Jan 28, 2017 9:03 AM

Apr 2015
Quite A Funny Episode It Was :)
Jun 9, 2017 4:37 PM

Oct 2013
I am beginning to like the characters more and more. Good episode
Aug 11, 2017 12:16 PM

May 2013
The new weird guy is hilarious xD he's best character so far. Loved his barrier thing lmfaooooo
Sep 26, 2017 2:37 AM

Dec 2014
That new guy really ruined the episode. I hope he doesn't ever show up again, but if he does I at least want him to be less annoying.
Oct 3, 2017 4:50 AM

Aug 2014
Meh... seems like this is the same typical high school bullshit. I'll stick to it though, it's short anime anyway. Hope it gets better and deviate from the usual high school romance stuff.
Feb 22, 2018 8:12 PM

Sep 2017
More philosophical discussion, but the episode was still ok. Not expecting much in the next episode however.

The roast of the teacher was great. However Hachy must still learn to write good essays which are not personal.

The chunnibyou guy was a bit okay in the comedy department. But the episode on its whole was bit boring.

Nothing surprised me this episode.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 2, 2018 12:35 PM

Jul 2016
New character at the end there? Was it a boy or a girl? seemed like a boy but who knows these days
Jan 4, 2019 12:09 AM

Jul 2009
Funny episode! I love how Yukino was so cold and straight to the point! I guess this pretty much explains how some people imaginations go run wild XD
Mar 2, 2019 10:41 AM
Apr 2018
The teacher has a nice pair right there. Okay episode.

It seems the guy will appear next.
Mar 24, 2019 1:52 PM

Nov 2016
Hachiman has a dark past, lol. No surprise that he resents the world so much.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 17, 2019 3:09 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty amusing and enjoyable episode
Zaimokuza is nice character ,I want see him in next episodes!
Mhm... this girl (or boy? xd) at end
Mar 5, 2020 1:47 AM

Aug 2017
Ok, i really dislike that blond bitch. And Zaimokuza in the second half was really funny lol.

Good episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 6, 2020 4:51 PM
Feb 2018
2 back to back 4/5 episodes. Enjoying this show so far. I feel like you would need to connect with the characters and understand them for you to like this show to it's fullest. Let's see how it goes
May 25, 2020 7:09 PM

Nov 2017
If nothing else, Hachiman is a good sketcher. He should look into doing more of that 'cause that bear he drew was nice. It's pretty interesting he admits to like being alone, especially during high school where it actually makes sense to care what others think of you.

Despite what I said in my post in the previous episode, I can't deny that Yukino is smart. Especially socially, 'cause that's one kind of intelligence I highly value. Like, she got that the interaction between Yui and Yumiko was a confrontation and NOT a conversation.

Hachiman kinda standing up for Yui was nice, lol.

I think the first time I heard Nobuyuki Hiyama's voice was in Galaxy Angel. Haha, his voice is obviously distinct and passionate and the role of Yoshiteru fits so well.

Yukino's bluntness was on full display this episode when she was critiquing Yoshiteru's writing.

I have to resist the urge to binge-watch this. I know it's only the 2nd episode, but I'm enjoying this anime all over again and I love that feeling! :-)
Jun 26, 2020 4:01 PM

Aug 2014
so the writer and Hachiman are gym partners. xD

Fun episode.
Jun 30, 2020 1:13 PM

Aug 2019
Liked the episode, was pretty fun. I loved how Yukino told off that blond bitch in the first part. Hachiman trying to stand up for Yui was lol. The second part was funny too with the new character's delusions and all.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 3, 2020 6:36 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Two separated problem.

Yui, at my shock, had a stylish group full of blasted elitist type of schooler whom knew nothing rather than theirself. Unfortunately, she was trapped there as a weak pray to their queen. Funny how Hachiman reacted to them. Funny how he anty-thesis the whole group socializing activity theory into some metaphor animal logic. Its a bear logic against the whole community of animal. Its a great metaphor, tbh. Okay. To the problem. Almost looks like a generic male MC with a strong power to stopped their bully. But, actually, its Yukinon to gave some traumatic therapy to them. A nice blabbering to show some respect at them. Yet, Yui did it, she was told them the truth. I was glad looking that scenes. And casually all of that problem just finished like nothing happened in the next day. I guessed, finally Yui just able to release from that group full of elitist. Yeay, its good. But, i still knew nothing.

The second thread was a fat guy with some Chuunibyu problematica. Its not at all. Its actually the writing problem. He wanted everyone gave a review of his writing. A simple thread to gave more development to their characterization, and some past story to Hachiman. Yeah, more satire commentary by Yukinon, more ironic commentary by Yui, more sadistic wise word by Hachiman, closed the whole simple problem of that childish fat guy. To keep up his dream, to be the writer. Or, be a complete dreamer or otaku, or anything simple than that. Lmao.

Okay, then, to the next problem solver cases. What else in the next? New guy appeared again?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 24, 2020 3:47 PM

Jan 2018
Fun fact!

The ice-cream shop "41" that Yumiko was talking about is actually Baskin-Robbins.

In Japan, they call it 31 because of what the logo looks like and it's easier for them to say it.
Sep 15, 2020 2:40 AM

Feb 2020
Oh. Now there's a Chuunibyô character. Greaaaat... Nah he was annoying. He reminded me of a mix between Rintaro Okabe, Tomohiro Nagatsuka and Itaru Hashida... But while I love Okabe and Daru and really like Nagatsuka, I really, really have a hard time with this guy.
I linda appreciated the whole author thing though, I myself write stories so I saw a bit of myself in his happiness to be read. But for the rest it's just too much.
As for the other characters, Hachiman keeps being the introvert guy, he is quite interesting but at the same time not that well-written, a guy with such big social issues shouldn't be able to interact the way he does with others.
Yui is also pretty interesting but I wish they gave her a different personality. She's a walking cliche right now, I'm sure they could've done better than that.
And Yukino... They tell me she's kind, I see that she's way too blunt and insensitive. Maybe there's an explanation to that (other than just being that she doesn't understand why people don't try to change), but for now I have a hard time with her character.
Overall this show still gives me the imoression that it is just a pile of stereotypes trying to be deep... I hope it won't stay like that.
FafetteSep 15, 2020 2:43 AM
Sep 30, 2020 2:24 AM

Jun 2020
Lol that was funny it kinda reminds me of Rikka from Chuunibyou they both have a Syndrome they were pretty cringy.

Yoshiteru was a great character he was very funny while Yukino is just destroying him.
Oct 16, 2020 10:23 PM

Apr 2018
Pretty good 2nd ep. Love the writing part and a new character as well. Can see Hachiman slowly changing.
Oct 22, 2020 1:35 PM

Aug 2018
That fat guy was hilarious to watch hahaha

Nov 14, 2020 9:47 PM

Jul 2020
Hachiman and Yukino is a merciless duo lol
Nov 20, 2021 3:16 AM

Jun 2020
Fafette said:
Oh. Now there's a Chuunibyô character. Greaaaat... Nah he was annoying. He reminded me of a mix between Rintaro Okabe, Tomohiro Nagatsuka and Itaru Hashida... But while I love Okabe and Daru and really like Nagatsuka, I really, really have a hard time with this guy.
I linda appreciated the whole author thing though, I myself write stories so I saw a bit of myself in his happiness to be read. But for the rest it's just too much.
As for the other characters, Hachiman keeps being the introvert guy, he is quite interesting but at the same time not that well-written, a guy with such big social issues shouldn't be able to interact the way he does with others.
Yui is also pretty interesting but I wish they gave her a different personality. She's a walking cliche right now, I'm sure they could've done better than that.
And Yukino... They tell me she's kind, I see that she's way too blunt and insensitive. Maybe there's an explanation to that (other than just being that she doesn't understand why people don't try to change), but for now I have a hard time with her character.
Overall this show still gives me the imoression that it is just a pile of stereotypes trying to be deep... I hope it won't stay like that.

I was going to write a long reply but you pretty much summed up my thoughts, especially on Hachiman. I still don't like Yukino, and those popular kids don't seem that bad. Yui just needs to explain herself more, it's really annoying when people keep just going along with stuff and then resent everyone when they never said they weren't happy. You can't expect people to stop hurting you if they don't know what they are doing hurts.
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Nov 21, 2021 12:57 AM
Nov 2021
Pretty fun episode. The part where yoshino harshly critiques the guy's work with no remorse had me laughing at the top of my lungs. I guess hachiman's flashbacks were telling something. Well, I pretty much enjoyed this episode. I was expecting something better but ig it's just how it is in the meantime.
Jan 6, 2022 8:42 PM

Jul 2021
The quarter half of this episode felt kind of realistic I'd say after I knew about Hachiman's past and his current present has change the way he feels less sociable and more isolated outside of it while looking at Yui and her friends group, they are a lot more expressive or freestyle, also that conversation between Yui and Yumiko seem to be having trouble but I can assure that Yui wants to have lunch with him and Yukino (#bestgirl no more argument) protects her <3 but still Hachiman is on my favorite character list because he can be conscience at times anyways dang Yukino sure knows how to handle a fight :P. Thank god Yui solve the case with Yumiko and she is sure as clingy as ever with Yukino :3! LMAO "Someone suspicious" and it turns out to be Yoshiteru who is associated and is self-reliant with Hachiman or I can refer him as the absolute giga chunibyo chad anyways though his act is sure a source of entertainment while the girls are overwhelmed and trying to handle it :P Yukino insulting Yoshiteru's literary work with such literacy knowledge is hilarious while Yui just falls asleep during the process and goes straight to Hachiman who was about to say that word is top tier in Yoshiteru's assumption but in reality, he was disappointed by it, how sad! I can't wait for more Yoshiteru getting insulted with his literary works but definitely with no joke, hope he gets better with it :P. Also new best girl? I'm in!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 10, 2022 8:09 PM

Feb 2019
The first half was just cringey and poorly written - no one has childish confrontations like that in real life.

The second half was amazing - that Samurai character was awesome and unique. I couldn't stop smiling while watching his scenes xD
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 5, 2022 12:48 PM

Mar 2019
Woah wait, what was that flashback Hachiman while waiting for the green light, I do love my foreshadowing and mystery so I really hope it's something important. Nice episode, poor Yoshiteru.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 28, 2022 10:25 PM

Feb 2022
Hikki's friend gives a lot of cringe but the thing is that the play wants to imply that so it's fine, good episode in general
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Feb 15, 2023 5:19 PM
Dec 2015
It was a fun episode, although the girls in the series can be a bit moody.
Mar 15, 2023 8:15 PM
Sep 2022
fuck all the cast of this shit
Apr 7, 2023 4:38 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yukino was awesome in this episode, giving it to people straight, no bs, on two separate occasions 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 29, 2023 5:38 AM

Oct 2021
First appearance and I hate that blonde bitch >:(
Sep 11, 2023 5:03 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Eh this ep was ok

Ooh who was the girl at the end?
Oct 5, 2023 7:51 AM

Mar 2020
This show isn't for me, though I'm surprised by how much I've come to respect it. Minus the occasional bits of retarded anime bullshit, there's a level of tact and authenticity to the characters that puts them way above other contenders in their field. The English dub is p. good, too. The more subdued performances fit with the vibe of the show a whole lot better for me.
Dec 7, 2023 6:47 AM
Dec 2023
quite a hilarious beginning, special mention goes for zaimokuza
Dec 9, 2023 8:25 PM

Nov 2023
Well this was fun to watch
Mar 18, 9:46 AM
May 2021
I dislike the dude with white hair
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

375 by CrunchyRoles »»
Mar 7, 10:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.