Forum Settings
Forums

Author of Light Novel 'Zero no Tsukaima' Passed Away

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
 
#1
Apr 10, 2013 10:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10130
In an official announcement by the publisher Media Factory, it was announced that Yamaguchi Noboru, author of the light novel "Zero no Tsukaima" passed away on April 4th at age 41 after more than two years of fighting cancer.

Yamaguchi debuted as a novel writer in 2000 by writing for Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko. He later moved to MF Bunko J and published "Zero no Tsukaima" in 2004. Altogether, the incomplete series includes 20 volumes of the main novel and 5 volumes of spinoff novels. The full series of the light novel also got adapted into 4 seasons of anime.

Source: Media Factory official announcement
Modified by Naruleach, Apr 10, 2013 11:38 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
#2
Apr 10, 2013 10:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2580
He was only two volumes away from finishing the 22 he wanted to write as well.

;_;
 
#3
Apr 10, 2013 10:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 14474
As I said in another thread R.I.P. Your character will always be remembered by many.
 
#4
Apr 10, 2013 10:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11222
R.I.P.

Thanks for writing ZnT
Modified by ToG25thBaam, Apr 10, 2013 10:39 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
 
#5
Apr 10, 2013 10:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1444
Yamaguchi...

My heart sunk when I saw "ZnT Author..." He was such in high spirits even with cancer. He's been in and out of the hospital; despite that, he wanted to return to his work. I'm so sorry Noboru-san...(;_;)
 
#6
Apr 10, 2013 10:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2640
whattttt.
that sucks. 41? hellah young too. wtf.
 
#7
Apr 10, 2013 10:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 397
"I want to live."

Strong words, Yamaguchi-sensei.

 
#8
Apr 10, 2013 10:38 PM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 92092
 
#9
Apr 10, 2013 10:39 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3423
So unfortunate that such a talented author has to pass away at such a young age.

R.I.P.
 
Apr 10, 2013 10:43 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3536
Wow at this sad news :(. Loved this guy's work with Zero no Tsukaima and I respect him for all of his efforts in writing despite the cancer.

R.I.P to this great author.
 
Apr 10, 2013 10:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 4836
Like I said before, this is tragic, I feel bad that he never got to finish his story. even though he created the worst anime character in history I enjoyed reading the novels, and I send a prayer out to his family and to noboru R.I.P.
 
Apr 10, 2013 10:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 14474
PrincessJavi said:
Like I said before, this is tragic, I feel bad that he never got to finish his story. even though he created the worst anime character in history I enjoyed reading the novels, and I send a prayer out to his family and to noboru R.I.P.
But that character still memorable to anime fans.
 
Apr 10, 2013 10:47 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4060
R.I.P. Yamaguchi Noboru-Sensei.
 
Apr 10, 2013 10:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 27
This year is pretty Sad :( to many great people died and your one of them Yamaguchi, Noboru Thank you and RIP
 
Apr 10, 2013 10:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 740
Requiescecat in pace.



 
Apr 10, 2013 10:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 953
R.I.P.

Zero no Tsukaima will always be one of the series I enjoyed. It's sad that he wasn't able to finish it until the end :(
This is a signature.
 
Apr 10, 2013 10:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 527
Wow that sucks R.I.P.
"------and she said.
If you accept everything, you won't be hurt. Everything you disagree with, everything you hate, and everything you can't acknowledge. If you can accept them without resisting, then you won't be hurt. If you deny everything, you will be hurt. Everything you agree with, everything you like, and everything you can acknowledge. If you can only deny it, then you'll be hurt."
 
Apr 10, 2013 10:56 PM
Forum Moderator
Top Aidoru ♪

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 5058
Whoa, what the hell? At 41? Just...Wow...
 
Apr 10, 2013 10:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 392
R.I.P.
so the light novel of Zero no Tsukaima can never end :(

 
Apr 10, 2013 10:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 14474
Shocked said:
Whoa, what the hell? At 41? Just...Wow...
Your reaction match your username.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 848
RIP
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 14474
I doubt this but I hope that JC don't milk this.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 80
RIP Yamaguchi-sensei
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1243
I haven't watched the anime nor read the LNs, but since he's in the industry I admire, he has my respects.

R.I.P.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1099
Heard about this first from ANN.
zenith_kim94 said:
I haven't watched the anime nor read the LNs, but since he's in the industry I admire, he has my respects.

R.I.P.

Exactly. R.I.P. It's always sad to hear about someone go in the industry.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2719
God damn cancer, man.

RIP.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10130
NeoAnkara said:
I doubt this but I hope that JC don't milk this.
But how?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 14474
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
I doubt this but I hope that JC don't milk this.
But how?
Well JC already end ZnT knowing this will happen.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10130
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
I doubt this but I hope that JC don't milk this.
But how?
Well JC already end ZnT knowing this will happen.
But since you use present tense for "don't milk this" I was thinking you are talking about future projects not project that was in the past?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 14474
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
I doubt this but I hope that JC don't milk this.
But how?
Well JC already end ZnT knowing this will happen.
But since you use present tense for "don't milk this" I was thinking you are talking about future projects not project that was in the past?
I was mentioning about the posibility of something ZnT related being made in the future.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10565
R.I.P. Noboru Yamaguchi. =(

The Zero no Tsukaima series was one of my favorite animes.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 572
Sad to pass away and be only 41. I enjoyed Zero no Tsukaima pretty so thank you.

I hope you can Rest In Peace, Yamaguchi Noboru.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1017
R.I.P sir!

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 945
Never read his books and didn't like the ZnT anime much, but this is still horribly depressing news. Cancer is a bastard. RIP. :(
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10130
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
I doubt this but I hope that JC don't milk this.
But how?
Well JC already end ZnT knowing this will happen.
But since you use present tense for "don't milk this" I was thinking you are talking about future projects not project that was in the past?
I was mentioning about the posibility of something ZnT related being made in the future.
In this case then perhaps your statement should be put towards Media Factory not JC because whether a LN gets an anime adaptation is almost always decided by Publisher, NOT the studio.

A very common misunderstanding by western/overseas fans is how they think a studio does everything from initiation of project to marketing. This could not be further from the truth.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1135
oh men this is such a sad day zero no tsukaima is one of my favorite series one why must the good die so young and he was so close to finishing it too. and he fought bravely right trough the end to finish it

now we will never know the ending
R.I.P to one of the great

We will all miss you :'(
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 14474
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
I doubt this but I hope that JC don't milk this.
But how?
Well JC already end ZnT knowing this will happen.
But since you use present tense for "don't milk this" I was thinking you are talking about future projects not project that was in the past?
I was mentioning about the posibility of something ZnT related being made in the future.
In this case then perhaps your statement should be put towards Media Factory not JC because whether a LN gets an anime adaptation is almost always decided by Publisher, NOT the studio.

A very common misunderstanding by western/overseas fans is how they think a studio does everything from initiation of project to marketing. This could not be further from the truth.
You learn something new everyday.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 150
He was a great man whose work will always be remembered...
R.I.P. :(
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:37 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 41
RIP :( This is awful news to wake up to
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 670
2011:
Novel author Yamaguchi Noboru posted in his twitter that he will be hospitalized tomorrow and will take a major surgery in August. He said he would have been dead if he had missed the chance to take the operation. "The 21st volume of Zero no Tsukaima novel will be delayed at least for two months. Please forgive me! Damn! I'll live on. I had been desperate, but I miraculously got an opportunity to take the operation. There is a possibility of survival. I really want to live."

;_;
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 476
So, can anyone give a quick summary on where the novels will go/are on hiatus?
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:41 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5195
R.I.P
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 61
KazukiJurai said:
2011:
Novel author Yamaguchi Noboru posted in his twitter that he will be hospitalized tomorrow and will take a major surgery in August. He said he would have been dead if he had missed the chance to take the operation. "The 21st volume of Zero no Tsukaima novel will be delayed at least for two months. Please forgive me! Damn! I'll live on. I had been desperate, but I miraculously got an opportunity to take the operation. There is a possibility of survival. I really want to live."

;_;



That's so sad....he did great work that entertained many, many people. He'll live on through Louise and Saito.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2410
I enjoyed Zero no Tsukaima, fucking cancer.

May you rest in peace.

 
Apr 10, 2013 11:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2369
bNq said:
So, can anyone give a quick summary on where the novels will go/are on hiatus?


your concern is touching.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1942
Whoa that sucks. RIP. I thought ZnT was great, sad to see him go with it unfinished.
 
Apr 10, 2013 11:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 73
As a person who really adored the novels, I'm truly torn.
May he rest in peace, it's sad how more novel authors seem to go.
 
Apr 11, 2013 12:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3121
ZnT will always be engraved in our hearts... R.I.P ;_;
 
Apr 11, 2013 12:05 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 28194
R.I.P. so young too he must have been fucking overworked
 
Apr 11, 2013 12:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2662
Rest in peace. His characters shall live in his honor.

It's just sad he died so young and without being able to complete the series. Maybe he didn't want to but was contracted to do so. Either way I hope he can ease his mind now.

 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »