Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 12, 2013 3:02 AM

Aug 2012
My reaction to Sasuke's decision, Orochimaru's personality (or lack of it) and Karin coming back to Sasuke, even though he tried to kill her:
Apr 12, 2013 4:51 AM

Apr 2010
I kinda feel something is missing. I kinda think that this is not really Sasuke's decision. He seems to be planning something else.
Apr 12, 2013 7:13 AM

Oct 2012
Next battle will be undoubtedly the final as well, if Sasuke were to turn back at this point, it would ruin his character development completely. I dunno if people are just eager to see Naruto vs. Sasuke, but I'd rather see them fighting as a team.
Apr 12, 2013 7:44 AM
Jul 2007
that was way too fast to change minds. there are 2 possibilities. He has a second agenda or that was the most big fail in naruto's manga scenario.
Apr 12, 2013 7:55 AM

Oct 2012
rkronin said:
that was way too fast to change minds. there are 2 possibilities. He has a second agenda or that was the most big fail in naruto's manga scenario.

That's how much his reunion with Itachi impacted him, and Hashirama made his decision a little easier.
Apr 12, 2013 8:33 AM
Apr 2013
rkronin said:

This "too fast" change of mind thing is starting to bug me. :P

How is it too fast? It has been one of the major points of Shippuden - people left and right trying to convince Sasuke that he needs to change his mind. His major reason for wanting to destroy the village was out of a love for his brother, and wanting the village to pay for that.

But we don't even know if he was truly going to do it. We know he said he wanted to - but exactly how great was that resolve? Would he have been able to kill all those innocent people in the end? Personally, I don't think so.

Note that it wasn't the Hokages that changed his mind. It was Itachi. And this "change of heart" has been in the making for a long time.

Now, it could be he was lying, but I doubt that. I can be wrong. I really like the way it turned out, and personally thought it was well done.

And how quick did Sasuke take to decide to "destroy" the village? After Itachi died and Tobi fed him truth and lies, Sasuke was pretty quick to decide to go against the village.

This was scripted well, with many characters over a long period of time contributing to his change of heart.
Apr 12, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2011
Mormegil said:

Also, LOL @ Sasuke. With the way he's been handled throughout the series, it's almost like he has multiple personalities.

Hahaha yeah its like at this point hes like fuck it Kishi, I'll do what ever you want me to do whats the point my whole life has been a cluster-fuck of flip-flopping. Its funny how people always give Tite Kubo shit about making up stuff as he goes along, at least his characters more or less stay the same. Kishimoto doesn't have a plan at all he's winging it this chapter shows that. Just like he totally didn't cave in to fan criticism during the pain arc cough...cough...

At this point Naruto is going to have a shittier ending than Dragon Ball GT, but at least its ending. Looking back on the story writing for this manga its like it started off being written by a competent writer and then during the time-skip it deteriorated to "My Immortal" level.

I still think this chapter deserves 5/5, at least by Naruto standards, because it did something the past 30 or so chapters hadn't done. IT MOVED FORWARD. At this point the conclusion is very near and we finally have everyone on the same page.
FullmetalRaikouApr 12, 2013 11:33 AM
Apr 12, 2013 12:10 PM

Oct 2012
RomanceDawn said:

Hahaha yeah its like at this point hes like fuck it Kishi, I'll do what ever you want me to do whats the point my whole life has been a cluster-fuck of flip-flopping. Its funny how people always give Tite Kubo shit about making up stuff as he goes along, at least his characters more or less stay the same. Kishimoto doesn't have a plan at all he's winging it this chapter shows that. Just like he totally didn't cave in to fan criticism during the pain arc cough...cough...

Well, didn't know you're drawing the manga.
Apr 12, 2013 12:18 PM

Jun 2010
Karin drooling all over Sasuke was disgustingly bad;the dude tried to kill her ffs. Taka being reintroduced in the first place was pointless-they're essentially cardboard cut-outs which are designed to make a room look nice, but sadly have the opposite effect. Orochimaru.....the dude was a great villian in part 1, but this manga isn't limited to part 1-too bad for Oro...

Hyping Sasuke up as a "villian" and then pulling this is hilarious. Reading some of these excuses is even more comical.

Oh well, at least the upcoming battles should be entertaining; it'll be interesting to see how Minato reacts to Obito being the masked man.
TetraSlashApr 12, 2013 12:29 PM
Apr 12, 2013 1:32 PM

Dec 2011
HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. I pretty much squee'd at Minato's excitement over finally getting to meet his son (he looked so HAPPY! -Minato feels-). And damn, I was actually expecting Sasuke to screw up but WHOA?!?!?!
So freaking excited for next chappie like you wouldn't believe. Ajhasdkfjahskdjf.
You should really just comment on my profile if you want me to see your reply.
Apr 12, 2013 7:47 PM

Jul 2010
It looks too perfect for me, something obviously is about to happen.A good chapter tho c:
Apr 13, 2013 3:17 AM

Sep 2008
Tobirama is so awfully written and those damn flashbacks were just a plot device to bring the hokages into the fray, what they revealed should have had no influence on Sasuke's decision, he should have come to that conclusion beforehand. They barely did anything anyway but reveal that Kishimoto has no idea how to create a backstory that isn't the same as Naruto or Sasuke's. Also damn, Karin is stupid as hell.

This and the previous chapters really frustrated me, but I guess I shouldn't be expecting anything from this.
MatasApr 13, 2013 3:24 AM
Apr 13, 2013 5:03 AM
Apr 2013
Matas said:
Tobirama is so awfully written and those damn flashbacks were just a plot device to bring the hokages into the fray, what they revealed should have had no influence on Sasuke's decision, he should have come to that conclusion beforehand. They barely did anything anyway but reveal that Kishimoto has no idea how to create a backstory that isn't the same as Naruto or Sasuke's. Also damn, Karin is stupid as hell.

This and the previous chapters really frustrated me, but I guess I shouldn't be expecting anything from this.

I don't think what they said did much to influence Sasuke. Honestly, I truly do believe he had already decided after Itachi's... second death?
Apr 13, 2013 2:51 PM

Dec 2011
HOLY SHIT, Minato's going to see Naruto again while he's trying his hardest to combat Madara! I wonder how Naruto's going to react, seeing his dad, and oji-san! sakjthawjgt I can hardly wait.

That collage of memories broke my heart, and I thought it was funny that Suigetsu doesn't consider himself one of the "monsters" lol.

Hashirama going to the battle field makes me think of Tsunade. Wonder if they'll come into contact ay any point (or if she's even still alive).
Apr 14, 2013 1:06 AM

Jan 2012
Same thoughts as many.

1.)Glad the story is moving forward. I'm not the type of naruto fan that needs to know every ounce of a backstory's backstory.

2.)Sasuke seemed to calm his rage down and change his mind somewhat fast.

3.)Karin is stupid (but for obvious plot reasons duh)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2013 12:39 PM

Mar 2012
Best chapter in quite a while!

...Karin disgusts me though.
Apr 14, 2013 3:25 PM

Dec 2012
read the whole little flashback arc at once. great story. it's crazy, at times i read this manga and i ask myself: "why the hell am i still reading this?" then from time to time we get stories like this that are some of the best genre have to offer imo.

but anyways, i'm kinda dissapointed in Sasuke's decision for 2 reasons: A) i wanna see him kill Sakura B) i dont really understand what part of that story made him change his mind. what did he learn that altered his perception of Konoha?

to me, personally, all the flashback did was make Madara more empathatic of a villain, which i'd of assume would of had the opposite effect that it did on Sasuke.
Apr 14, 2013 5:48 PM

Jun 2011
This chapter is amazing! Sasuke's sweating when Karin hugs him. Omaguh, that's just the beginning of the resurgence of the Sasuke Shippings.

btw. karin's dumb. did he just try and kill you some chapters ago... its true for sakura but sxs pairs win.
ZELO <3
Apr 15, 2013 5:43 PM

Sep 2011
I liked this chapter. The plot is finally making a change and Sasuke is a better character now that he is a "good guy" again rather than the whiny loser.

And IDK how people are saying he changed his mind so fast? Naruto and Co. have been begging him to comeback to their side all of Shippuden. Also, that was a long ass flashback.
Apr 15, 2013 5:59 PM

Apr 2009
YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I'm so excited! This is great!

And just because Sasuke is helping take down Madara doesn't mean he is coming back to the village. Naruto and him will most likely fight. So chill.

But yay, Sasuke! At least you are thinking clearly again!

IM SO HAPPY. I've been waiting for this moment for so long!
Apr 16, 2013 10:48 AM

Oct 2012
GREAT episode, dying in excitement for the next one :D
Apr 16, 2013 2:52 PM
Apr 2013
Well everybody is talking about the sudden change of sasuke, but what do you think is the present that the fourth is bringing to naruto??
pesonally i think that he will give him the other half of kyubis chakra.
houss13Apr 16, 2013 9:58 PM
Apr 17, 2013 10:56 AM

Jul 2007
Wouldn't that be just a heart break if all the sudden sasuske and orichimaru sceme up a plan and kill minata just before he see's his son lol

But no its going to happen for sure kishimoto would not bring him back otherwise.

Apr 18, 2013 5:25 PM

Feb 2011
HOLY COW! I'M SO EXCITED! I'm really happy to see the plot move forward this fast now. It'll be really exciting to see the battle. Wonder what will happen between naruto and sasuke though... Will there be an epic battle or not?
Cool, cool... but will it blend?
Apr 19, 2013 8:19 PM

Jul 2007
Apparently their has been a leak bout the naruto chapter 628/629.

Spoilers ahead this information was from a reliable source on the net or so says this person on youtube. But he won't give out the source for it

I will spoil tag this though in any case.

Their has also been a leaked image, but i think this is fake especially since it says 528 on it.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/601792_138744479645059_48388191_n.jpg

Apr 20, 2013 9:23 AM

Jun 2011
This Chapter was a good one, left ALL of us clinging for mooree.
But i have a question.

Could any of the EdoTensei Kage's Use the Shiki Fujin? You know because they are technically "dead" so what would the demon take? would it just be their status as an edo tensei?
ZELO <3
Apr 21, 2013 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
The chapter wasn't too bad since we're finally moving on with the present now. Sasuke's change of heart did seem a little to quick for me.
Apr 21, 2013 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
Things I want to see in future chapters:

- Minato giving the other half of Kurama's chakra to Naruto, his bijuu mode becoming way larger (Kurama's full size was never really determined I think, if you compare the size of his head to Madara's in chapter 620 then in chapter 626, you'll be able to notice the difference)
- Sasuke/Kakashi dies in battle and gives his eye(s) to Naruto, who then unlocks the Rinnegan
- Hashirama's Shinsuusenju holds off the Juubi
- Tobirama's full power
- Minato showes us something other than the Rasengan and the Hiraishin (I mean, he's the Hokage, he's got to be able to do more than that and Fuuinjutsu right?)
- SOMEONE opening the Eight gate
- Naruto using sage mode and bijuu mode simultaneously
- Shinra Tensei being used at a much larger scale than Nagato (by Madara or Naruto)
- More Rinnegan awesomeness
- Rikudou Sennin's life and his fight against the Juubi
- Karin and Naruto bonding time (somehow)
- A combination between the Rasenshuriken, the Planetary Rasengan and the Bijuudama
- Hinata dying permanently

That's pretty much all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Karin, I think forgiving people who almost kill you is an Uzumaki trait, just look at Naruto!
Besides, it's not like Sasuke did much, if someone almost killed me, as long as I made full recovery and the guy did not enjoy doing it I'll be fine, won't really care.
AloxamaxApr 21, 2013 3:30 PM
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Apr 24, 2013 4:17 PM

Apr 2013
thracias said:
The chapter wasn't too bad since we're finally moving on with the present now. Sasuke's change of heart did seem a little to quick for me.

Yeah, I thought the change of heart too easy, but then it's almost predictable. The story feels like it's starting to wind down so I doubt Kishimoto would allow for Sasuke to be a "bad guy" for much longer.

This chapter at least moved things along better than the chapter that followed it.
May 4, 2013 5:08 PM

Dec 2010
Well that escalated quickly. Even though Sasuke is my favorite Naruto character I didn't expect him to become "good" so suddenly. With this turn of events I really can't predict what's gonna happen next.

But what I liked the most about this chapter was the revelation of the past Uchihas. It's hilarious to me that Kagami turned out to be good, while he was my primary candidate for Tobi, back in the time. And Shisui is his son? Bithchin'!

P.s. What about Orochimaru? Hmm...
May 20, 2013 1:17 AM

May 2012
You disaapointed us all, Sasuke, Orochimaru, and KishiMasa.

Poor Suigetsu.

LOL@Karin&Orochimaru.

the MONSTERs are on the move
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 16, 2013 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
I'm so glad we won't have to endure another Naruto vs Sasuke battle. I must admit I was surprised to see Sasuke side with the leaf, clearly he values his brother's ideals over his own now.
May 31, 2014 9:21 AM
Oct 2011
Am I the only one who found Orochimaru's line about Sasuke sstabbing him as well hilarious?
Jun 1, 2014 2:16 AM
Apr 2014
animalia said:
Am I the only one who found Orochimaru's line about Sasuke sstabbing him as well hilarious?

hahaha i didnt know what you meant so i went and re-read the chapter.... haha that is hilarious
Aug 10, 2018 5:01 AM

Feb 2013
Sasuke will join the war and fight Madara!
Apr 25, 2021 8:17 PM

Jan 2020
wow. That panel with sasuke and all the itachi's probably took kishi a long time to draw

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.