Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Yuyushiki Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 10, 2013 3:51 AM

Finally something relaxing again it's been a while.
Wonder how they get that club running will the teacher invite them again?

Apr 10, 2013 6:22 AM

kuuderes_shadow said:
ghostbuster_007 said:
I'm having some trouble finding the gags in this.

Where are they?

Are you commenting for the wrong show or something? Because the entire thing was flooded with them.

Yeah...
Unless they were talking about parody gags? Though those were in there too, but shows like this don't really need to rely on those as much. The characters lend themselves to the comedy.

Aversa said:
Finally something relaxing again it's been a while.
Wonder how they get that club running will the teacher invite them again?

What I'm wondering about is the five persons needed for a club thing. There are only three of them. Course, there could be loopholes to it. And maybe this one uses the 'Interest group' thing?

Apr 10, 2013 6:36 AM

Trying to imagine Saki from Shinsekai Yori say some of these things...does not compute.

Apr 10, 2013 7:23 AM

vampko said:
What I'm wondering about is the five persons needed for a club thing. There are only three of them. Course, there could be loopholes to it. And maybe this one uses the 'Interest group' thing?

Do they actually say that this school has that rule? Because I don't remember it. And anyway, they're not officially a club yet - they just used the room once.
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

Apr 10, 2013 7:45 AM

I was going to drop this, but as I kept watching, it started to remind me of myself and my two friends so much that it became scary... and humorous. (Yes, all the way down to the joke flirting and stupid conversations. XD) I recommended it to them as well. >)

Definitely going to continue watching this one.

Apr 10, 2013 10:14 AM

I felt vibes of Nichijou and YuriYuri when watching, Lucky Star didn't pop up in my mind in any moment.
I can't explain yet, but there is something to this show I really like it. 9/10 for going for a show like this from a 4 panel manga. Can't wait until next episode.

Apr 10, 2013 11:32 AM

It seems like "data processing club" is a florid way of saying the girls are going to look up facts on the internet and talk about them.

I think that is an awesome element of the show because I am a naturally curious person. I even paused the show to look up the Maunder Minimum.

This season is marvelous so far. If HenNeko turns out the way I think it will, then I will be ecstatic.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

Apr 10, 2013 11:56 AM

eyes are too high up

^ Why isn't this updating...

Apr 10, 2013 1:02 PM

Not only the title of the anime sounds like Yuru Yuri but even the characters seems the same. They even did a copy past of Yui called Yui too ! who of course has the same voice actor. o_o

Dropped after 10 minutes because it was super boring.
Modified by Ryuku-Tsukuyomi, Apr 10, 2013 1:15 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 10, 2013 2:22 PM

Well sure, it's 'cute girls doing cute things' version 284, yet the jokes were actually pretty random and varied, so I'll give this a shot. I'm not really watching anything similar this season anyways.

Apr 10, 2013 3:27 PM

Tsukuyomi-Ryuku said:
Not only the title of the anime sounds like Yuru Yuri but even the characters seems the same. They even did a copy past of Yui called Yui too ! who of course has the same voice actor. o_o

Dropped after 10 minutes because it was super boring.

It may look like a copy, but actually Yuyushiki manga came before (some months before, but before nonetheless) Yuru Yuri manga, and since this anime is an adaptation of the manga, I don't think it's fair to call it a copy.

Apr 10, 2013 3:38 PM

Reminded me of Nichijou. I liked it!

Apr 10, 2013 4:01 PM

I'm guessing there's not going to be that much data processing in the upcoming episodes. Enjoyable laid-back episode.

Apr 10, 2013 7:09 PM

Wow, I'm not a huge fan of slice-of-life, but I really enjoyed that.

Apr 10, 2013 8:49 PM

Mormegil said:
Reminded me of Nichijou. I liked it!

same here

Apr 10, 2013 10:26 PM

VictorVonDoom said:
I'm guessing there's not going to be that much data processing in the upcoming episodes. Enjoyable laid-back episode.

The "data processing" seems to consist of the girls looking up random facts on the internet and then chronicling their activity on their whiteboard at the end.

It's an unique twist to the slice of life genre, if this continues of course, a way for viewers to learn a little bit and be entertained at the same time.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

Apr 11, 2013 3:11 AM

~Relaxing.

I think I all my stress from this day is gone 4/5.

Apr 11, 2013 5:21 AM
Great episode! Many nice shows this season! ♥

Apr 11, 2013 6:45 AM

I liked the beginning, but the yuri and the odd comedy destroyed the calming atmosphere it had built up earlier. I'll continue to watch, though.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 11, 2013 8:13 AM

Boring. Not much to say. Upon reaching the end, I felt like I had lost my intelligence.

Apr 11, 2013 8:15 AM

NeoBasch said:
Boring. Not much to say. Upon reaching the end, I felt like I had lost my intelligence.
Seems your intelligence is a bit skewed ;-)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Apr 11, 2013 10:20 AM

Ta! Ta!
講廢話,被撞到.

Apr 11, 2013 11:28 AM

Cute girls do cute things... but really they doesn't. Cause KyoAni isn't doing this.. This was boring as hell, no sense of story just ordinary nonsense. Bit infantile also.

And their character design is not so good I guess. So when you sum it... you get nothing enjoyable.

Apr 11, 2013 12:02 PM

Mich666 said:
Cute girls do cute things... but really they doesn't. Cause KyoAni isn't doing this.. This was boring as hell, no sense of story just ordinary nonsense.
Not only KyoAni can animate Cute girls doing cute things, you know. And it is boring to you because you do not have the sense to appreciate the humor -- ordinary nonsense? More like nonsense happening in ordinary life, which is what is funny in a slice-of-life show after all.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Apr 11, 2013 12:21 PM
めんどくさい

Guess I'm easy to please :)

Apr 11, 2013 12:54 PM

Really enjoyed this. Simple slice of life show, looks like a keeper.

Apr 11, 2013 1:05 PM

The first Yuyushiki, it seemed very fun and enjoyable despite not having a character design as beautiful as that of Yuru Yuri! And the waters are not nice as those of A Channel. I see it anyway! I like too! * ^ *

Apr 11, 2013 6:31 PM

This anime reminds me of Nichijou, except funnier. I really like this. :)

Apr 11, 2013 7:12 PM
That was incredibly random. I loved it. Definitely on my watch list.

Apr 11, 2013 9:38 PM
The drawing reminds me of Nichijou, and sometimes the random scenes weren't that much funny, but i'm all for random. Gonna keep watching this.

Apr 12, 2013 5:25 AM

Yuru Yuri like.
Saint Seiya Reference.

I'll stick with this.

Apr 12, 2013 11:54 AM

Don't have a solid opinion on this one. I love randomness, but this one is a bit slow :/
Lol @ the random jokes about touching boobs and s&m

Apr 12, 2013 12:51 PM

symbv said:
Mich666 said:
Cute girls do cute things... but really they doesn't. Cause KyoAni isn't doing this.. This was boring as hell, no sense of story just ordinary nonsense.
Not only KyoAni can animate Cute girls doing cute things, you know. And it is boring to you because you do not have the sense to appreciate the humor -- ordinary nonsense? More like nonsense happening in ordinary life, which is what is funny in a slice-of-life show after all.

I wanted to say that if those dialogues and situations were to work they would need to be done by KyoAni because their cuteness would overshadow its dullness. I know there are many other studios capable of doing cute characters. But in this series it simply didn't work for me.. I simply didn't find those situations funny, that's all. There are many better similiar titles.

Apr 13, 2013 4:19 AM
Very similar to the Azumanga Daioh. But funny anyway.

Apr 13, 2013 5:57 AM

as previously stated by other people the character design will take a bit to get used to but all and all this is looking to be pretty good so far its soooo cute

Apr 13, 2013 1:05 PM

It's like someone from DeviantArt made their own Yuru Yuri. :')

Apr 13, 2013 6:17 PM
Naphula said:
It's like someone from DeviantArt made their own Yuru Yuri. :')
That's surprisingly fitting :-D

It's remarkable that they kept those character designs while everything except their faces looks very professional. But I'm already getting used to it and they're making some quite effective faces her and there ^^

I especially loved the scene where Yukari slowly tilted towards that wall and the one where they almost raped Yui while discussing S and M :-P

So far it's better than I expected.

Apr 15, 2013 5:48 AM
Very cute! Slice of life at it's finest,can't wait for the next ep X3

Apr 15, 2013 8:28 AM

Maybe I am too old for this anime...
.. and ah.. crappy character animation...
Will keep on watching but only when I have nothing else to watch...
Catchphrase "Death to the enemy" obtained. lol

Apr 16, 2013 3:45 PM
Achannel, lucky star, and other day in the life's has always had something missing to keep my interest. Even Yuri Yuri got by with comedy(it was great) but this anime found what ever that is. I loved it

Apr 17, 2013 3:34 PM

This series reminds me of several school type anime like Lucky Star. Characters seem pretty likeable and is nice and relaxing to watch.

Looking forward to see more this series!!!

5/5

Apr 19, 2013 12:50 AM

Really enjoyable friggin love it!

Apr 23, 2013 6:27 PM

Uh, well.....that was so cute !! Of course I will keep watching it, since this is basically like, uh, Yuru Yuri ♪♪♪....

Modified by LittleBoss, Apr 23, 2013 6:30 PM

Apr 24, 2013 7:51 PM

Not bad :D OP theme was nice~

Apr 27, 2013 3:41 PM

Reminds me more of Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star than Yuru Yuri. The only thing similar about it to Yuru Yuri are the character designs and the voices. The pace is waaaayyy different though. A bit too slow for me.

Hopefully future eps will be awesome though! >:D
~Izzy Zazztacular~

Apr 29, 2013 10:00 PM

shigeru212 said:
It seems like "data processing club" is a florid way of saying the girls are going to look up facts on the internet and talk about them.

I think that is an awesome element of the show because I am a naturally curious person. I even paused the show to look up the Maunder Minimum.

This season is marvelous so far. If HenNeko turns out the way I think it will, then I will be ecstatic.

I also suddenly open my web browser and wiki for maunder minimum ^w^

May 4, 2013 10:13 AM

<3 slice of life comedy.

i don't mind the character design because it reminds me a bit of sketchbook: full color's which was lovely. the yuri parts were a bit obvious and unfunny though.

i'm definitely going to continue watching yuyushiki.

May 6, 2013 11:04 AM

I don't necessarily like their over the top huge eyes (a bit exaggerated at times).

I don't often find myself actually laughing whilst watching anime, but this episode definitely made me do so.

May 10, 2013 12:56 PM

Enjoyable first episode. I like the characters so hopefully this'll keep on being fun to watch!

May 24, 2013 5:30 PM
Meh this show ain't that funny in the first episode.
Chuckle at some but mostly it just boring.
Hope the next three episodes are good or i dropping this show.
Omy good thing is Yui's voice actor from Yuru Yuri is here.
2/5

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »