Forum Settings
Forums

when was it that you realized that watching anime is where you belong

New
Apr 8, 2013 6:55 PM

Mar 2013
for me it was yesterday. i taped toonami and i had finally got to inuyasha the show that got me into anime and while watching it i realized how far i have come as an anime fan since then. for the rest of the day i was thinking about it and how lucky i am that 6 years ago adult swim moved inuyasha to 11-12 for a few weeks and if not for that my life would be totally different and that is when i realized that this is where i belong.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 8, 2013 7:00 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, just thinking that I "belong" on my ass in front of a computer screen watching TV shows is beyond depressing. I don't want to be trapped here, LET ME OUT!
Apr 9, 2013 12:00 AM

Apr 2013
Well I figured out I liked anime after naruto and yu yu hakusho I figured out there was so many more and now I'm watching lots of them.
Apr 9, 2013 12:02 AM

Dec 2012
truth is
i dont belong here
Apr 9, 2013 12:03 AM

Nov 2012
The first time I got a boner looking at 2D girls.

Apr 9, 2013 12:06 AM

Jul 2012
Ellamenopea said:

I thought you were a girl, or are you a lesbian?
Konbu is important
Apr 9, 2013 12:09 AM

Dec 2012
amichaaan said:
Ellamenopea said:

I thought you were a girl, or are you a lesbian?
she's an aussie
all things explained
Apr 9, 2013 12:12 AM

Nov 2012
Yeah, I'm a girl. :P

Just posting as I thought many would in this thread. I didn't want to be the odd one out!

Apr 9, 2013 12:15 AM
May 2010
Err, as soon as I watched kara no kyoukai and then fate stay night in one sitting and realized I fucking loved this stuff 0o?
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 9, 2013 12:15 AM

Sep 2012
Ellamenopea said:
Just posting as I thought many would in this thread. I didn't want to be the odd one out!

What have MAL done to you!
Apr 9, 2013 12:19 AM

Nov 2009
mattbenz99 said:
for me it was yesterday. i taped toonami and i had finally got to inuyasha the show that got me into anime and while watching it i realized how far i have come as an anime fan since then. for the rest of the day i was thinking about it and how lucky i am that 6 years ago adult swim moved inuyasha to 11-12 for a few weeks and if not for that my life would be totally different and that is when i realized that this is where i belong.

There used to be a version of Toonami (I think) that aired from around 3-5pm on week days bee tee dubs, it had Rurouni Kenshin on it, was sick coming home to that ... anyways when did I kind of get "hooked"? Well I had already seen all Rurouni Kenshin episodes (bought all 3 seasons ... expensive shit tbh), and saw most of Yu-Yu-Hakushou (Actually that was where it first started, excluding pokemon since I didn't know that was "anime", and I didn't realize Miyazaki film's were anime too btw, but anyways first manga I ever owned was a volume of yu yu hakusho, realized it wasn't American, really liked it which was why I was interested when I saw it on TV) but then of course I saw Rurouni Kenshin however I was not yet hooked ... That happened one day when I got super bored and started watching the trailers on the DvD's (I really liked the Rurouni Kenshin Trailer they had in the second season for the 3rd season) when I found Berserk ... I really wanted to see it but rated R, you could forget about my parents getting that for me ... and that's when I found out that the internet had a place called Youtube (actually was a pretty damn good anime site before Google purchased it) ... and that is when I got hooked.
Apr 9, 2013 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
Well, the idea that anyone "belongs" on their ass watching anything is beyond depressing, but if you're asking when I realized "Holy shit, this is better than any other form of media", it was around the time when I started watching Cowboy Bebop. Before that I only watched the original FMA and some Miyazaki films, and really didn't pursue anime as a hobby.

On a side note, I can't really say if I enjoy games from the NES to N64 era better than anime, they're too different to compare. The feeling I got during the high points of FMA:B was indescribable, but beating Death for the first time in the original Castlevania was so satisfying that I literally jumped out of my chair and yelled "Yeah, eat shit!". To this day, whenever I play a Castlevania game, I yell that same thing after beating Death, even if it was easy, out of commemoration for that first victory against Death (I think you fight him in every game, he's in more Castlevania titles than fuckin' Dracula).
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Apr 9, 2013 12:49 AM

Dec 2010
When I realized I've more free time than I thought I would as a kid on this little rock called Earth and need to spend it doing something I can like.
Apr 9, 2013 12:57 AM

Nov 2012
I enjoy watching anime but it doesn't take up much of my time... 3 or 4 eps a week... I still have my N64 and buy games when I see them and I don't have them, I now have 60 or so games...
Apr 9, 2013 1:22 AM

Apr 2011
I've always belonged in front of the computer. Ever since I first learnt to play with a computer at the age of 6, the computer has been my home. And yes, I'm introverted as fuck.

Slyr3do0n said:
Wow, just thinking that I "belong" on my ass in front of a computer screen watching TV shows is beyond depressing. I don't want to be trapped here, LET ME OUT!

Too late. Once you sit down, you can never get out.

Ellamenopea said:

So you're a futa?
Apr 9, 2013 1:25 AM

Oct 2012
If you have an important test( like this freaking morning) and instead you watch anime.I realized it quite a long time ago.
Apr 9, 2013 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
First, in 2009, i remember a classmate's older brother if i watched anime or not while i was working with her on a sci. project. My only idea back then of anime has been Pokemon, but i barely watch it.

Later on...

After watching this in 2010, when i was 10.

After that, i became lured in. I then procedded to watch Lucky Star. I fell in love with it and KyoAni.

Then i watched KyoAni's K-ON and Kanon 2006

Seitokai Yakuindomo, the first non-Kyoani anime i watched, and K-ON were my building blocks for my strong appeal towards ecchi and high-school comedies.

Kanon became the builing blocks for my appela for somewhat-more-serious anime ive been watching.

My like for the "Big 3", as well as Pokemon and all western cartoons has diminshed in it's entirety.

After that, ive been watching anime every day, at almost every possible moment, and it''s become a favorite for me that i think will stick for my entire life.

3 years later, it's still the same story

Apr 9, 2013 2:16 PM

Oct 2012
2009, when I watched Death Note
Apr 9, 2013 2:26 PM

Sep 2011
Slyr3do0n said:
LOL. Holy crap, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'd rather be doing community service. I'm not that proud to be into anime. I just saw one ghibli film and then I wanted more, so I Google'd up some more anime films. Now I'm f'ing here on MAL.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Apr 9, 2013 2:30 PM

Aug 2009
Hasn't happened for me yet apparently, because video games and death metal have tighter grips on me.

Apr 9, 2013 2:37 PM

Nov 2011
FacelessVixen said:
Hasn't happened for me yet apparently, because video games and death metal have tighter grips on me.
I bet you listen to crappy death metal bands!
Apr 9, 2013 2:41 PM

Sep 2007
When I became hospitalized by rabid dogs out in the Texas countryside, had my legs completely amputated, and realized that I would never be able to walk or drive again. Now I sit in front of my computer all day, occasionally sleeping, eating chips, and pooping into a bucket. Anime is my life. Literally.
Apr 9, 2013 2:49 PM

Apr 2011
BlackSabotage said:
FacelessVixen said:

Pfff okay...

When I was watching Naruto, which was my first anime. I kinda new that a new world had opened up for me.
Apr 9, 2013 2:51 PM

Nov 2011
Nidstang said:
BlackSabotage said:
FacelessVixen said:

Pfff okay...

When I was watching Naruto, which was my first anime. I kinda new that a new world had opened up for me.
I don't understand why you quoted that.
Apr 9, 2013 2:52 PM

Aug 2009
BlackSabotage said:
FacelessVixen said:

Heh. I'll humor you.

Apr 9, 2013 2:57 PM

Jan 2013
I don't belong to anime, is the Anime that belongs to me.

Apr 9, 2013 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
When I got depressed about 3D girls can't compare with 2D girls. xDD

012yArthur0 said:
I don't belong to anime, is the Anime that belongs to me.

Amen.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 9, 2013 3:09 PM
Apr 2012
When I was spending all days on watching anime. From my today's point of view it was terrible. All began from Bleach, it was maybe 2010.
Apr 9, 2013 3:12 PM

Oct 2012
FacelessVixen said:
BlackSabotage said:
FacelessVixen said:

Heh. I'll humor you.

Damn it, I was laughing so hard listening to this while looking at your avatar. On topic, watching Gundam Wing on Toonami was when I knew I'd be deeply invested into the medium.
ShrabsterApr 9, 2013 3:22 PM

Apr 9, 2013 3:19 PM

Jul 2008
It was the humour that got me. The first anime I saw was Kashimashi, and that made me laugh, next was Ouran and that made me laugh harder. I had to find out what else was out there - five years later, it still does it for me.

I'm still big on anime that makes me laugh, but I soon found other genres to appreciate, too.
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
Apr 9, 2013 3:21 PM

Oct 2012
After School Days. It made me seek more great anime.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Apr 9, 2013 3:28 PM

Nov 2011
FacelessVixen said:
BlackSabotage said:
FacelessVixen said:

Heh. I'll humor you.

Ok your fine with me.
Apr 9, 2013 3:31 PM

Jul 2012
cripes, maybe Ninja Scroll? i'm losing braincells by the moment....
Apr 9, 2013 3:38 PM

Nov 2011
daintybiscuit said:
cripes, maybe Ninja Scroll? i'm losing braincells by the moment....
That was a good movie.
May 1, 2013 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
Well, I got sick and fucking tired of everything American in terms of stuff that aired on TV. Then my best friend introduced me to anime when I was spending the night at his house one day and I have been hooked since.
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
May 1, 2013 2:48 PM

Apr 2013
When i finally married Tomoyo-Pillow-Tsundere-Waifu-Chan.

Oh wait, that never happened.

Maybe it was when I realized i was a shut in otaku and overweight and forlorn and living in a basement ;_;

oh wait that never happened either.

Guess i dont really belong here then, do i?
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
May 1, 2013 2:55 PM
Aug 2011
When I realized that humans were poopy and i'd that rather invest my life in beautiful timeless 2D characters.
May 1, 2013 3:06 PM

Apr 2013
Cigarette said:
truth is
i dont belong here
May 1, 2013 3:07 PM

Jun 2012
D-do I... answer even if this doesn't apply to me? Should I be sarcastic?
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

May 1, 2013 3:10 PM
Oct 2012
BlackSabotage said:

Isn't that being redundant?
May 1, 2013 3:32 PM

Oct 2011
Well, had been casually watching anime since middle school. Failed a year due to screwing around in class every day and went to another school, was pretty depressed at that time; I had no idea what I was doing. Then on the first day of school, some neckbeard and I had a conversation. He told me, "You watch anime too? You look like the kinda guy who'd watch anime." And then I became hardcore. Huh. Not sure how that follows up but it's interesting.
May 1, 2013 4:23 PM

Jul 2012
the first time i watched hana yori dango. or was it macross plus. Or was it Ninja Scroll. Or was it Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust?

^-^

sorry for the double post *head vs. wall*
Kewpie_dollMay 2, 2013 9:19 AM
May 2, 2013 1:56 AM
Apr 2013
I have always enjoyed watching anime or as i called them cartoons as a child you know Naruto, DBZ, Pokemon all the stuff on cartoon network. I'm not really sure if I ever enjoyed it more than any of my friends but I never stopped watching cartoons. Then I saw an episode of full metal alchemist on adult swim and thought it was cool so my roommate recommended watching it on the internet something unheard of to me so he shot me a link and I watched both series and all the movies. I have a surprising amount of free time on my hands being a college freshman with no real friends where I live I would call the people I talk to more acquaintances , so 2 semesters and about 25 series' later here I am
May 2, 2013 3:42 AM
Aug 2012
Ellamenopea said:

this.
May 2, 2013 6:45 AM

Jan 2013
When I realized that anime are the only thing that can make me feel strong passion for something.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

May 2, 2013 7:46 AM

Feb 2012
I can't really relate to the OP. It's not like I feel I 'belong' here... sounds a bit wrong. It's just entertainment, not really a life mission or something. The truth is, if I didn't discover anime, I'd surely find another way out of boredom.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 2, 2013 8:14 AM

Dec 2012
When I started to google 'Anime X episode Y discussion' to see what other people though of it. And that's when I found MAL!
May 2, 2013 8:16 AM
Feb 2012
After watching Code Geass and Clannad, two things that were groundbreaking in my anime watching that made me want to go for more and more. Had it not been for those two, I wouldn't be here.
May 2, 2013 9:33 AM

Feb 2010
May 2, 2013 9:36 AM

Oct 2012
When I realized I don't have any friends.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - 32 minutes ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Can someone help me find this anime's name?

Angelblue1852 - 7 minutes ago

0 by Angelblue1852 »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 9 hours ago

19 by Archean-Return »»
8 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 11 hours ago

33 by FanofAction »»
14 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9062 by anime-prime »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.