Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'IS: Infinite Stratos' to Have a New TV Series

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 9, 2013 6:24 AM

Sep 2012
There is now even a game (for PS3 and PS Vita) to match the new season of anime. To be released in winter.

http://5pb.jp/games/is2/
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/689/689260/
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 10, 2013 3:31 AM
Feb 2013
PV

Aug 10, 2013 3:49 AM

Mar 2013

Chiwa Saito as Sarashiki Tatenashi
Suzuko Mimori as Sarashiki Kanzashi

OP: "True Blue Traveler" by mbak Minami Kuribayashi
ED: "BEAUTIFUL SKY" by mbak Yoko Hikasa
Aug 10, 2013 3:51 AM

Sep 2012
Saudades said:
PV

Nice, I thought the character designs would've been different because of those preview posters but they're about the same so that's great

More Houki is always good

That music reminded me of SAO's first opening
Aug 10, 2013 4:44 AM

Feb 2012
Great, they really kept the designs :D
Aug 10, 2013 6:15 AM

Sep 2012
Saudades said:
PV
This is for both the season 2 AND a OVA to be released on Oct 30th. Selling a OVA while the TV anime series is airing is very interesting strategy. Need to start a new thread for the OVA now...

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 10, 2013 6:28 AM

Sep 2011
Soulstrikes said:
am i the only one who watch it for the characters zzzzzzz plot is meh lol but characters are 10/10 notch :P

bring on season 2

No... The characters were 1/5, meaning, there was only 1 out of 5 that was good, LOL.

EternalSharingan said:
Despite the criticisms this series has recieved (and I am not hating on people for finding faults in the series, every show has them), I think that the first season was actually pretty good. It was entertaining to say the least, and I will follow this second season also, in high anticipation.

However, I also believe that this second season may potentially redeem the series, that is if the company thats doing the new character designs and such can pull it off. (Im leaving it to personal opinion here.) We will just have to wait and see I suppose ^.^;

Plus, more Charlotte cant be a bad thing ~.^

I suppose, but the way she acted out of character during the beach scene almost ruined her for me. Overall, I am very skeptical about the second season, I can't even remember what happened in the light novel that I read for the most part, damn.

Flume said:
Saudades said:
PV

Nice, I thought the character designs would've been different because of those preview posters but they're about the same so that's great

More Houki is always good

That music reminded me of SAO's first opening
People actually like houki? What the heck is so good about her? She is like, THE most boring heroine in the series.

Heck, even Rin is better than her.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 10, 2013 6:29 AM

Sep 2012
GodlyKyon said:
People actually like houki? What the heck is so good about her? She is like, THE most boring heroine in the series.
Boring woman can be good too.

Aug 10, 2013 6:50 AM
Jun 2011
despite its success of anime, Japanese ppl hate the original light novels of IS...
http://www.amazon.co.jp/product-reviews/4906866123/

means 8-bit is a really talented anime studio?
Aug 10, 2013 7:06 AM

Sep 2012
sixa said:
despite its success of anime, Japanese ppl hate the original light novels of IS...
http://www.amazon.co.jp/product-reviews/4906866123/
means 8-bit is a really talented anime studio?
The link you provided is for vol.8 which is not yet animated, so how do we know if 8-bit is a really talented anime studio looking at the review for this volume?? That said, even if we checked the earlier volumes, the opinions were pretty divided. Basically it is like SAO, it is popular but has a lot of vocal detractors too, and 8-bit indeed helped boost the popularity of the franchise a lot (but perhaps also boosted the number of detractors, though perhaps not as much as what the anime adaptation did for SAO)

Anyway, the author of IS, Yumizuru Izuru, has been viewed by many people as doing a lot of eccentric self-promotion but little effort in his writing since the huge success of IS, and many also see that he has got lazier and sloppier in this vol.8. If you read the reviews more closely, quite many said specifically this vol.8 is definitely a turn for the worse compared to vol.7.

Aug 10, 2013 7:46 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
PV for that:
Any difference from what Saudades posted just 4 hours back?
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=582911&show=200#msg24227881

Sep 23, 2013 11:23 PM

Jul 2013
One more week..
-(-o_o-)-
"Google is your friend.."
Sep 24, 2013 5:22 AM
Aug 2013
will he finally do the houki pouki?
Sep 24, 2013 1:41 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
GodlyKyon said:
Boring woman can be good too.

When it comes to fictitious characters? I'm not even talking about a girl that's the perfect waifu with no dimensions/depth, but I am talking about a girl doesn't act anything outside of her stereotype

Charlotte and Laura were the only memorable ones for me...

symbv said:
Stark700 said:
PV for that:
Any difference from what Saudades posted just 4 hours back?
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=582911&show=200#msg24227881

He's Stark700, that's why
Sep 28, 2013 11:24 AM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-10/infinite-stratos-2-gets-original-blu-ray/dvd-anime-in-october
More IS news.

PV for that:

Just saw this pv in the livestream, can't wait for the swimsuit OVA!
[center]
Sep 28, 2013 12:59 PM

Sep 2011
Literally the only thing that I felt good about this series was the fact Charlotte existed. I could hardly distinguish the female cast, especially Lin and Houki

Well, this show also got a unholy amount of H-Doujin for some reason.
Sep 28, 2013 2:25 PM

Mar 2013
I found IS pretty dull it wasn't bad it was just a forgettable run of the mill harem show, I'll watch the second season but not really expecting anything from it.

Sep 28, 2013 3:10 PM

Sep 2011
Newhopes said:
I found IS pretty dull it wasn't bad it was just a forgettable run of the mill harem show, I'll watch the second season but not really expecting anything from it.

You're right to not. I read up to Novel 6, and it's pretty the same... He(Don't remember his name, he's forgettable) gets a training arc and 2 new chicks... That's it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
23 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
4 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.