Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 21, 2018 8:00 AM

That was shounen material.

Although, detailed animation.
Modified by Eell, Jan 27, 2018 10:59 AM
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.

Feb 23, 2018 9:50 PM

That was a very melodramatic first episode! I am not a big fan of of huge amounts of violence because I find it somewhat distasteful and unnecessary. So, I am not sure how much I will like this show.

Anybody else found this episode a little comedic?

Everybody: There is no way anything getting pass the wall.
Blond kid: It's only a matter of time they breach the wall...
Speak of the devil, death appears seconds later. I kind of wish they didn't show a "preview" of it in the first few seconds of the episode. Made it less impactful imo.

Blond scout: I'm going to save everybody! This is the what all my training has come to! For honor!
Big naked man: Oh heeeeeeey theeeeeere
Blond scout: Nope nope nope. I am going to go in the opposite direction now.
Three lives were saved that day.

Also, about the dead arm thing, it felt so contrived. I have questions.
Why exactly were these guys carrying around an arm of a dead person? I imagine it would smell after a while... not very practical.
Why did they think that it was a good idea to present it to the mother to tell her her son died? Must they find the most dramatic way to tell her her son died?
Why did they think it was a good idea to yell that her son's death was in vain? I feel like a Scout should be disciplined to not breakdown like that in public because of the nature of their job.

Where did the huge one go? After it wrecked the wall, did it decide to nap while its babies fed? It just seemed to disappear at the end.

The blood splattering everywhere at the end was pretty ridiculous. The thing popped her like a grape. I just couldn't take it seriously, I laughed inside.

May seem like I am complaining, but I had fun.

Feb 25, 2018 8:24 AM

I haven't seen this anime but God, it looks great.
Great episodes, lets see the next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 10, 2018 1:30 AM

Probably one of the best first episodes in all of anime .
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.

Sep 11, 2018 4:52 AM

Awesome, pretty similar to manga. I like it!

Nov 13, 2018 8:30 AM

I like the buildings.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)

Apr 29, 9:49 PM

I'm starting to see this to catch up with the current season and I'm already hating the MC

Another male MC with an obsession who screams too much, his mother is happier now without having to hear him everyday
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/

Apr 30, 3:23 PM
transphinx said:
I'm starting to see this to catch up with the current season and I'm already hating the MC

Another male MC with an obsession who screams too much, his mother is happier now without having to hear him everyday

Eren is written to be a typical shounen character in this non shounen story on purpose,you will understand when you catch up to the current season ,trust me don't judge the anime based on few episodes,cause it gets better and deeper each season,i had similar experience with AOT when i started watching it,almost dropped it until i got spoiled about a revelation that happened in the second season,that alone made me binge watch everything in one day lol

anyway have fun watching this anime,i currently envy you.

Apr 30, 6:31 PM

amine60__SBD said:
transphinx said:

Eren is written to be a typical shounen character in this non shounen story on purpose,you will understand when you catch up to the current season ,trust me don't judge the anime based on few episodes,cause it gets better and deeper each season,i had similar experience with AOT when i started watching it,almost dropped it until i got spoiled about a revelation that happened in the second season,that alone made me binge watch everything in one day lol

Hmm, i get it. Anyway i wasn't going to drop it.

I promised someone i would see everything while this person waits me so we can see the current season together.

But why specifically the envy?
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/

May 1, 12:22 PM
transphinx said:
amine60__SBD said:

Hmm, i get it. Anyway i wasn't going to drop it.

I promised someone i would see everything while this person waits me so we can see the current season together.

But why specifically the envy?

isn't that obvious!!
i envy you because you will experience my favorite anime for the first time.

May 19, 5:05 AM

Rewatched the 1st episode just out of curiosity. You might not like AoT in general but personally I can't really think of an anime that has a better first episode.

Hannes' reaction in front of the titan at the end was probably the strongest point.

Jun 11, 5:08 PM

@Arrti, I totally agree with you here. Shingeki no Kyojin has this dazzling first episode and seeing his mother getting eaten to this day still sends a chill in my spine. Stunning stuff! Rewatching this for the third time now and marathoning the entire series in preparation to binging Season 3 Part 2! Just the thought of it is so fulfilling lol!

“Just because the wall hasn’t been breached in a hundred years .. doesn’t mean it won’t be .. breached today” - Armin definitely called it but mad props to the Directing (as I always highlight)! And fudge, the Music! So bloody amazing, it’s hardly enough to sate it’s masterpiece value even then! It’s just fabulous how the buildups are so genuine and intriguing! Loved the bit before the Op loads too! Hannes’ reaction is undoubtedly was one of the most heavy realisations I’ve ever seen and it’s just .. crippling. Same goes for the Survey Corps returning back home scene. Rip Carla ;-;

“That day, humans remembered the terror of being ruled by them. The humiliation of being kept in a cage” - Yikes, this is one gold quote I’ll always remember! Listening to Guren no Yuima is so amazingly nostalgic, excited to have this around for a cour!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 24, 10:13 AM
Anyone else came here because of s3 pt2 ep9 where Eren Kruger having the memories of Eren Jaeger? Just like how Eren was dreaming about something in the future in this episode,crying and tell Mikasa her hair seems longer than what he dreamt of

Jun 28, 8:42 AM

I actually really liked the first episode, the tension of what is to come and Hannes's expresion when he realised what situation he was in was good.

Sep 27, 2:30 AM
The fucking episode 1 title, even holds meaning all in manga's final arc!! Lol, the author was planning the end from the beginning.
XandersonEpic said:
Anyone else came here because of s3 pt2 ep9 where Eren Kruger having the memories of Eren Jaeger? Just like how Eren was dreaming about something in the future in this episode,crying and tell Mikasa her hair seems longer than what he dreamt of
I'd also rewatched this episode and also manga chapter 1 when I got to know about Eren Kruger's memory.

Oct 4, 9:59 AM

XandersonEpic said:
Yep I also came to see people commenting here after watching s3p2.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.

Oct 5, 8:15 AM

puneetsingh said:
XandersonEpic said:

And you will be returning back to here, after finishing season 4. lol

Oct 5, 8:35 AM

keragamming said:
puneetsingh said:

Hehe, you came here too. I know a little bit about what's going on but will not go into further spoiler territory to spoil myself.
Modified by puneetsingh, Oct 5, 8:49 AM
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.

Oct 11, 7:43 AM
keragamming said:
puneetsingh said:

Why do you peeple coming back here?

Oct 11, 7:45 AM
puneetsingh said:
keragamming said:

Hehe, you came here too. I know a little bit about what's going on but will not go into further spoiler territory to spoil myself.
You will spoil urself if u not have a strong will to survive.

Oct 11, 8:41 AM

Peeti said:
keragamming said:

Why do you peeple coming back here?

Because of some subtle foreshadowing that the first season has, that has s3 part 2 anime and currently in the manga.

Pages (29) « First ... « 27 28 [29]

Preview MangaManga Store