Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 7, 2013 9:33 PM

Mar 2013
OMG dat OP!
Muromi is so cute >.<
Go! Shuriken Starfish and lmao when she gets pleasure from the jellyfish
This anime does remind me of Seto no Hanayome because of the random but funny scenes.
Apr 8, 2013 11:30 AM
Jan 2012
Wow, that was... random.
But I liked the craziness. (':
Gonna follow this one I guess.
Apr 8, 2013 12:05 PM

Nov 2011
Anime struck me for drawing cute and the jokes made ​​during the entire episode, not that it is a great production, or that the character design is fabulous, but the first impression I got is that it will be a lot of fun! Certainly will follow the !XD
Apr 8, 2013 12:32 PM

Mar 2009
Worth watching for Yukarin alone.
Apr 8, 2013 1:15 PM

Dec 2011
Crazy. In a good way.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 8, 2013 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
Pleasant surprise. Quite funny.

Mormegil said:
Worth watching for Yukarin alone.
And this.
Apr 8, 2013 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
So cute and funny!!! :D
Apr 8, 2013 4:53 PM

Nov 2012
Couldn't stop laughing. Oh god, this is a well done excellent short !!!!!!
Apr 8, 2013 5:29 PM
Jan 2009
The show obviously has like bad artwork, but the comedy was pretty good. Especially the electric jellyfish or whatever part.

However, what struck me as the weirdest is that the guy was like totally unimpressed with seeing a mermaid, or that starfish talked, and so on. What kind of world does he live in?
Apr 8, 2013 5:49 PM

Jun 2012
Finally Yukari Tamura in another likeable role. She did a good job in Oreshura but I couldn't stand her character.

She is much better in this role. The mermaid kind of reminds me of Fear, from C3, if only a little bit and only in her more dere moments.

If the other mermaid characters are likeable, we could have a real winner on our hands. I really liked this episode.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 8, 2013 5:58 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Chrono1219 said:
However, what struck me as the weirdest is that the guy was like totally unimpressed with seeing a mermaid, or that starfish talked, and so on. What kind of world does he live in?
The kind I want to live in.
Apr 9, 2013 4:16 AM

Feb 2012
I was knocking on Heaven's door in several ways, if you get my drift.

I can't tell if that was meant to be a sexual innuendo or not. Other than that pretty funny episode.
Apr 9, 2013 9:14 AM

Sep 2012
Perhaps because of the unfamiliarity, I find the Hakata dialect used by Muromi (voiced by Tamura Yuari) more difficult to pick up than, say, Osaka or Kyoto dialect.

Also for a shorter anime that is <15min long, its sakuga is pretty impressive.

And the OP by Uesaka Sumire is something to behold. Think it is from her debut single. Cool stuff.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 9, 2013 12:18 PM

Apr 2011
Very funny! Only one problem...I HATE jellyfish SO much, I hope there won't be any more apperances...
Apr 9, 2013 2:37 PM

Oct 2012
hpulley said:
So fun and funny, must be one of my favorites of what has started airing so far. Why rated so low??? MAL raters have no sense of humor, apparently.

Some people (like myself) tend to wait until they have watched the entire anime before they form an opinion. Always wait until then for a real score! :D

I really enjoyed it, one of my favorites so far this season! :3
Apr 9, 2013 3:33 PM

Aug 2008
Dalek-baka said:
insane opening to an insane series.
there are still some left to air but this one might be the dumbest one this season and I really like how it's done.
I hope they won't run out of ideas.

it's similar to Seto no Hanayome - guy with high resistance to damages, weird mermaids and talking starfishes. Equally entertaining.
Normal stuff I might say.

I always though that mermaids are mammals not fish. And i mean that their tail it the tail of water mammal. Even in this anime they have scales on tails but whole tail build and how they move it both on land and in water indicates water mammals like dolphin, not fishes. I'm not expert and we talk about fantasy species, but for some unknown reason it bothers me.
mapoklApr 9, 2013 3:37 PM
Apr 9, 2013 3:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
mapokl said:
I always though that mermaids are mammals not fish. And i mean that their tail it the tail of water mammal. Even in this anime they have scales on tails but whole tail build and how they move it both on land and in water indicates water mammals like dolphin, not fishes. I'm not expert and we talk about fantasy species, but for some unknown reason it bothers me.
You're thinking about it way to much. Just see it as a standup comedy routine with a straight man and a clown, and don't try to read any sort of reason into it.
Apr 9, 2013 5:32 PM

Jul 2011
LOL hilarious!

5/5
Apr 10, 2013 2:54 AM
Jan 2013

I guessing that's how them mermaids got born, like fishes the female lays unfertilized eggs and the male spreads his cum all over it .
Apr 10, 2013 4:59 AM

Oct 2012
very random but funny and i think it's good that the episodes are short because i think these kind of anime are better in shorter doses
Apr 10, 2013 6:10 PM

Jan 2008
This was better than I expected, but overall it's just a cheap version of Nyaruko.

Lol'd at the super saiyan 2 seagull.
Apr 11, 2013 9:28 PM
May 2012
T'was pretty funny, but not that much, but then i could use a comedy anime for the season, so i'm gonna keep watching this.
Apr 12, 2013 1:04 PM

Aug 2008
mapokl said:
Where did you get this idea? Isn't 'half human, half fish' the most popular description of a mermaid? They always have scales.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 12, 2013 8:34 PM

Feb 2012
Lol this was pretty funny. I'll keep watching.
Apr 13, 2013 5:59 PM
Jul 2011
This season is getting better and better than I thought it would be.

Another comedy about sea creatures, and this time with lots of ecchi. Some favorites of mine were the talking starfishes and that ahegao scene with the big jellyfish ^^ and also this:
Dalek-baka said:
Even for a hentai freak like me, that'd be a pretty tough decision :-P
Apr 13, 2013 9:58 PM

Oct 2012
symbv said:

The ahe-gao troll face is priceless:

Lol that shock, sounds like it doesn't hurt at all XD

Dalek-baka said:

it's similar to Seto no Hanayome - guy with high resistance to damages, weird mermaids and talking starfishes.

No mafia family? No strict father? Then it's not similiar at all XD

KevinRammstein said:
I HATE jellyfish SO much, I hope there won't be any more apperances...

What you hate this? XD

Srry just kidding :P

mapokl said:

I always though that mermaids are mammals not fish.

Why bother it's an anime, also only few mammals that lay eggs such platypus, but not sea creature.. and maybe mermaid isn't real, I guess?

Baddie007 said:

I guessing that's how them mermaids got born, like fishes the female lays unfertilized eggs and the male spreads his cum all over it .

Scientificly you can't XD

Soshintsu said:
Dalek-baka said:
Even for a hentai freak like me, that'd be a pretty tough decision :-P

What you're gonna do? Sit on it? XD
"Signature removed"
Apr 14, 2013 12:58 AM

May 2012
The opening heavily reminded me of Kujibiki Unbalance... hmm.
Apr 14, 2013 4:08 AM
Jul 2011
Ray_Light said:
Scientifically, that'd really be the only sensible thing I could do. Or I could just cum on them to make her happy, knowing that there won't be any consequences anyway. It's the thought that counts :-P

But on the other hand, she's half human and half fish, so it's uncertain if the known laws of nature apply to her in the first place. Better be cautious when doing it with living beings that shouldn't exist ;-)
Apr 14, 2013 2:05 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Ray_Light said:
and maybe mermaid isn't real, I guess?

Absence of proof is not proof of absence :)

Ray_Light said:
Not sure what that would accomplish, other than squashing the eggs. All that is required is physical contact between the eggs and sperm - getting the sperm out (however he might want to accomplish that is up to the guy, though I'm sure any help she might provide would surely be welcomed) and then making sure it got 'dropped' onto of the pile of eggs will do the job. Whether anything would result from that is another matter entirely.
Apr 14, 2013 3:08 PM
Nov 2011
The humor is a bit.... cheap I suppose, bad puns maybe? I'm not sure if I like it or not, but I did chuckle at least once, so I won't drop it yet.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
May 24, 2013 11:33 PM
Jul 2012
Ha so random yet enjoyable.
The merrmaid kept getting attacked by sea animals lol.
4/5
Jun 7, 2013 3:11 PM

Jan 2011
This was surprisingly good, this is just as random as the Azazel-san comedy which's second season is currently airing.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 9, 2013 4:16 AM

May 2012
Maameido?

Weird-s-looking characters...

Stupid OP. Huh Kappa.

Kansaiben ka yo.

Boobing fish.

YES YESSSS YESSSSSSS

Poor jellyfish.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 29, 2013 11:51 AM

May 2012
For being all played off in a single set it sure made it good even though it was only 13 minutes it sure made it interesting from the first episode already with some pretty humour and all the sea creatures that can talk are also a nice addition the the story! Well lets see what the whole story has to offer!
Aug 29, 2013 8:53 AM

Jun 2011
Good stuff!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 3, 2014 2:03 AM

Aug 2013
I was knocking on Heaven's door in several ways, if you get my drift. *cue creepy jellyfish dude laugh* haha XD!

And that OP is stuck in my head >.<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 3, 2014 12:37 AM

Jan 2012
retarded shit

not a single chuckle was had...

dropped
Aug 8, 2014 7:11 AM

Aug 2013
Takkun ain't the usual dumb MC eh..? Marumi is crazy hahahaha. The last part really got me.. pfft.
Aug 29, 2014 12:22 PM

Oct 2013
lmao this show XD
seems amazing !!!!
[/quote]
Apr 14, 2018 11:44 AM

Nov 2011
Over time, things are appreciated, so I wanted to review this anime series, because only now can I evaluate it properly and give it the right merits. The first episode is very nice, the narration mixes various aspects well, the style of drawing is particular, it may or may not please, it is up to the viewer to choose.
Aug 7, 2019 11:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow the opening is really awesome
Dec 16, 2023 3:40 AM

Feb 2014
Muromi-san is a global warming skeptic, holy based.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

55 by Gl0rp »»
Apr 9, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

64 by sippoe »»
Feb 22, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

39 by Beguni »»
Dec 2, 2022 6:39 AM

Poll: » Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2013

52 by Beguni »»
Dec 2, 2022 5:42 AM

Poll: » Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

31 by terrablu2003 »»
Apr 19, 2018 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.