Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 5, 2013 5:35 PM
Mar 2011
ok, you read this title and youre here because you didnt like the animation. Yes, I (or we) get it. You dont like the animation. Now leave that opinion behind

What im curious about is, what would you have prefer this to look like? (yes there are pictures in the manga) im wondering what comparison would you have prefer to other anime?

personally, i had no expectation. but the anime actually reminded me of the animation done in texhnolyze and this is how it couldve been done. btw i have no issues with the current animation now

i read in the episode 1 thread that "I feel Ergo Proxy is a more appropriate example of how it could of been done" (quoted from IZEROII - zero let me know if you dont want me to quote you)

so please be serious, what would you have prefer this anime was done like?

( http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4622098&postcount=169 ) manga author interview
amginexApr 5, 2013 5:41 PM
"....i am the villain in this story"
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2013 10:31 PM

Aug 2012
Like this:
Apr 5, 2013 10:32 PM

Jun 2007
Like "not shit", preferrably.
Apr 5, 2013 10:32 PM

Sep 2012
Oh boy.

And the "what could have been" threads start...
Apr 5, 2013 10:33 PM

Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
Oh boy.

Well, it was started 3 hours ago, but you know.

Had to do it.

Not derailing anyway, so it's a safe post.
Apr 5, 2013 10:33 PM

Nov 2012
like this
Apr 5, 2013 10:34 PM

Mar 2012
MellowJello said:
Red_Keys said:
Oh boy.

Well, it was started 3 hours ago, but you know.

Had to do it.

Not derailing anyway, so it's a safe post.
Make fanfic.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 5, 2013 10:34 PM

Jun 2007
Alexx_ said:
like this

Now this, I like this.
Apr 5, 2013 10:35 PM

Jan 2013
Aku no Hanu would be awesome if not for ALO.
Apr 5, 2013 10:40 PM

Apr 2009
Hey guys, wouldn't it be awesome if they made an Aku no Hana anime one day?

That'd be awesome.

I'd be excited for it.

What could go wrong
Apr 5, 2013 10:40 PM

Jun 2007
Just wait until this happens with It's not My fault I'm not Popular!
Apr 5, 2013 10:41 PM

Apr 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:

Don't.

Don't fucking go there.
Apr 5, 2013 10:44 PM

Jul 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

STOP.

PLEASE.

NO.
Apr 5, 2013 10:45 PM

Jul 2008
TallonKarrde23 said:

Interesting but it's boring and creepy. If anyone wants to animate that, then they probably have too much money to throw away.
Apr 5, 2013 10:48 PM

Jun 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

But... The girl is supposed to be ugly in that one.
Apr 5, 2013 10:49 PM

Aug 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Hey what's everybody talking abo- Oh.

Oh my.
Apr 5, 2013 10:52 PM

Jun 2007
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Interesting but it's boring and creepy. If anyone wants to animate that, then they probably have too much money to throw away.

Already been confirmed and greenlit. There's just no release date because all the rotoscoping might take awhile.
Apr 5, 2013 10:54 PM

Nov 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Already been confirmed and greenlit. There's just no release date because all the rotoscoping might take awhile.
wait wait wait, it's being rotoscoped?
Apr 5, 2013 11:00 PM

Aug 2012
Alexx_ said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Apr 5, 2013 11:02 PM

Nov 2012
MellowJello said:
Alexx_ said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Apr 5, 2013 11:03 PM

Aug 2012
Alexx_ said:
MellowJello said:
Alexx_ said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

...I can't believe someone did that.

Shinsekai Yori strikes again.

Yes, let's make it look like that.

Jul 2008
TallonKarrde23 said:
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

*Facepalms* I am starting to lose faith in the studios' taste for good content...

Jun 2007
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

*Facepalms* I am starting to lose faith in the studios' taste for good content...

I'm willing to bet it'll just be one of those simple ~3 minute a piece titles, which is a format I think it'd work very well in.
Apr 5, 2013 11:07 PM

Mar 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

I'm willing to bet it'll just be one of those simple ~3 minute a piece titles, which is a format I think it'd work very well in.
They said it was mix of NHK and TWGOK so I will watch.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 5, 2013 11:19 PM

Jul 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

First off, It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular is pretty good content. Especially if you're a shy and introverted unsocialite like myself. It's pretty damn relatable and I like that.

And yeah, it's kinda obvious with the short chapters and unformed plot that it'll probably be a 3 - 5 minute short, not that I mind. I just wanna see Tomoko in all those embarrassing situations and being awkward in motion. (But please, not real motion.. please)

Also, it says Square Enix is doing It's Not My Fault, not Zexcs.
Apr 5, 2013 11:23 PM

May 2012
glad i haven't started reading the manga to get my expectations be stabbed by episode 1 of the anime
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 5, 2013 11:28 PM

Sep 2012
Alexx_ said:
MellowJello said:
Alexx_ said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Lang said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Can't. Stop. Laughing.
Alcyone. Electra. Maia. Taygeta. Calaeno. Asterope. Merope.
By the blessing of the Seven Sisters,
I descend from four hundred lightyears in space!
I AM MR PLEIADES!!
Apr 5, 2013 11:30 PM

Jun 2007
ihateeveryone said:

Also, it says Square Enix is doing It's Not My Fault, not Zexcs.

SE is the publisher of the manga, they aren't animating it.
Apr 5, 2013 11:45 PM

Jan 2010
I sure wanna cry.
ಥ‿ಥ
I though I was downloading the wrong anime.
LMAO
ಠ_ಠ ****!
My expectation was not really that high......but damn...............It went to the drain first 30 seconds.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
From the start to the end.
◕ ‿ ◕
ʘ‿ʘ
ಥ‿ಥ
ಥ⌣ಥ
ಠ益ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2013 12:37 AM

Mar 2013
I can't help but wonder if they used Rotoscoping, which makes a majority of the [side] characters look like unrefined blobs, in an effort to convey how Kasuga felt disconnected from the environment and people around him.
Maybe this was just me but in the manga it seemed like some characters, such as Nakamura, grew (were drawn to look) more appealing as a subsequent result of Kasuga's changing perceptions of, and relationships with, said characters.

In a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is that maybe as the show progresses, we'll get a sort of beer goggles effect that changes Nakamura from looking like Squealer into something more....aesthetically pleasing...?
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Apr 6, 2013 12:49 AM

Aug 2012
Pusswookie said:
I can't help but wonder if they used Rotoscoping, which makes a majority of the [side] characters look like unrefined blobs, in an effort to convey how Kasuga felt disconnected from the environment and people around him.
Maybe this was just me but in the manga it seemed like some characters, such as Nakamura, grew (were drawn to look) more appealing as a subsequent result of Kasuga's changing perceptions of, and relationships with, said characters.

In a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is that maybe as the show progresses, we'll get a sort of beer goggles effect that changes Nakamura from looking like Squealer into something more....aesthetically pleasing...?
That would be way too deep.

Instant 10/Inferno Cop if it does, though.
Apr 6, 2013 12:57 AM
Jan 2010

Or maybe this first episode would look better if one is heavily intoxicated. :P
Just throwing out a suggestion.
Apr 6, 2013 1:12 AM

Mar 2013
Orix said:

Or maybe this first episode would look better if one is heavily intoxicated. :P
Just throwing out a suggestion.

Hey, that's entirely feasible.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Apr 6, 2013 2:02 AM
Feb 2011
Oh lord, this is my favourite thread.
Thank you, every one of you.
Apr 6, 2013 5:45 AM
Jan 2010
Okay, time to recommend this series to my alcoholic friends.
It would be a very interesting experiment.

As for a shot game, how about "take a shot for every person in the background without a face"? Wait, that would kill my friends by Episode 1 alone. D:
Apr 6, 2013 7:22 AM

Sep 2012
Aku No Hana = The new Boku no Pico
Apr 6, 2013 7:24 AM
Jul 2012
I admit inferno cop is better than this anime lol
Apr 6, 2013 7:35 AM

Mar 2013
The surreal flower sequences were a treat though. I feel like they did a great job at showing Kasuga's own sense of disconnection between his internal desires and the facade that his environment requires him to maintain.
- Douglas Adams

Apr 6, 2013 7:40 AM

Mar 2013
Polychrome said:

Let's get Michael Bay right on that.
StickyWizardApr 6, 2013 8:52 AM
- Douglas Adams

Apr 6, 2013 11:49 AM
Mar 2011
MellowJello said:
Like this:

this actually looks great.

I think youre the only one who didn't miss the point of this thread. eh my fault.

what I wanted to know is how people wanted this anime would be like. people just choose to bitch that its not what they expected.

I actually thought, upon hearing the the adaptation, that the anime would look like Texhnolyze or Jinroh. But I have no problem with how it is being done and totally understand why people hate it.

would this be better if it looks something like this?
Apr 6, 2013 11:56 AM
Mar 2011
Orix said:
Okay, time to recommend this series to my alcoholic friends.
It would be a very interesting experiment.

As for a shot game, how about "take a shot for every person in the background without a face"? Wait, that would kill my friends by Episode 1 alone. D:

I take it you haven't seen mawaru penguindrum.
Apr 6, 2013 12:50 PM
Mar 2009
Alexx_ said:

I genuinely laughed.
Apr 6, 2013 1:14 PM

Oct 2012
I actually liked the first episode. Either the art was becoming better as the episode progressed , or my ability to adapt to shitty art is just too damn good.
It felt creepy and weird but at least it's different than all of those generic harem/ecchi high school anime these days.
I didn't read the manga so I can't talk about that but you should really stop judging an anime after only one episode came out.
M4XYApr 6, 2013 1:23 PM
Apr 6, 2013 2:49 PM
Jul 2010
MaxY- said:
I actually liked the first episode.
It felt creepy and weird but at least it's different than all of those generic harem/ecchi high school anime these days.

What screwed up logic is that? So, you liked this anime because of what it's NOT, not for what it is. The worst is that I've seen other people use that illogical argument before, like in the Bounen no Xamdou thread, where there was someone who gave it 10/10 because "it wasn't ecchi". Using your arguments, I'd give this series 10/10 because it's not yaoi (since I dislike that genre.)
Well, I have to give you credit since at least your argument was just illogical, not ridiculous like some of the people in the Episode 1 discussion topic saying that this anime was good because it reminds them of "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" and that "people complaining about pacing seem to also have only seen fast paced anime and haven't dipped their hands into slow psychological ones like Lain or Texhnolyze."
Apr 6, 2013 3:11 PM

Mar 2012
NFH said:
MaxY- said:
I actually liked the first episode.

What screwed up logic is that? So, you liked this anime because of what it's NOT, not for what it is. The worst is that I've seen other people use that illogical argument before, like in the Bounen no Xamdou thread, where there was someone who gave it 10/10 because "it wasn't ecchi". Using your arguments, I'd give this series 10/10 because it's not yaoi (since I dislike that genre.)
Well, I have to give you credit since at least your argument was just illogical, not ridiculous like some of the people in the Episode 1 discussion topic saying that this anime was good because it reminds them of "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" and that "people complaining about pacing seem to also have only seen fast paced anime and haven't dipped their hands into slow psychological ones like Lain or Texhnolyze."

But... we have people talking about pacing with just one episode
Apr 6, 2013 3:27 PM

Dec 2009
You can keep the atmosphere and backgrounds, since they're the only good thing about this piece of shit.

Or at least rotoscope it well.
Apr 6, 2013 5:37 PM
Oct 2009
Alexx_ said:

Can't stop laughing!!
Apr 7, 2013 12:24 AM
Sep 2012
at 1st impression, I though the red head is man.

PLease don't compare those blob with squaler. Squaler is HUMAN!!!!!
Apr 7, 2013 12:28 AM
Sep 2012
^ Please don't compare those blob with squealer. Do you think Squealer humiliation in SSY is not enough? He is Hero!!
He is HUMAN!!
Apr 7, 2013 12:39 AM

Oct 2008
I've yet to see an actual reason why this a "piece of shit" outside of "THE ANIMATION/CHAR DESIGN SO SHIT OMFG" when actually no, they're not. different does not equal shit. the character designs aren't the same as the manga, so possibly an injustice. But then, they are completely unique which is a plus, and they are more lifelike which is also a plus (considering the overally tone and style of the show this makes sense too). the animation is a different style and it allows for far more body movement, making it far more lifelike. The 'downside' is that it looks choppy, but I think what it allows for more than makes up for it.

The fact that a lot has changed from the manga - I can understand complaints about that. I want someone who hasn't read the manga yet thinks it's a piece of shit to explain to me why.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

253 by princesjelyfish »»
Yesterday, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

324 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.