Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Aku no Hana Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 5, 2013 2:55 PM

yokaii said:
I'm really reluctant to watch this now. If we forgive the animation and character design, is it still dreadful?

Yes.

Apr 5, 2013 2:57 PM

This thread proves that MAL's community is just shit(ty).

As for the anime, I really like the style. Rotoscoping really fits to the story and made the episode very, very realistic.

It is a privilege to be able to see such a unique series like this in Anime and I appreciate the effort by the studio. They really have guts!

Apr 5, 2013 2:58 PM

yokaii said:
I'm really reluctant to watch this now. If we forgive the animation and character design, is it still dreadful?

Not in the least. It is atypical, but if you liked, for example, Lain, you can enjoy this too
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.

Apr 5, 2013 2:58 PM
Anime Moderator
Well, from horrible manga comes horrible anime. Nothing surprising here.
No, there's one thing. Why bother making anime look like a live-action drama if you could, well, I don't know, DIRECT A FUCKIN' DRAMA?

Let's hope that Yoko Hikasa's voice will brighten up this shit for a bit in the next episodes.

Apr 5, 2013 2:59 PM

Animation aside (and it is awful), surely they could have covered more than 18 pages...

yokaii said:

Yes.

Apr 5, 2013 3:01 PM

If you say you like it you're hipster and lying to yourself.

Apr 5, 2013 3:01 PM

Kiku-chan said:
!

Because some users actually like this?
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Apr 5, 2013 3:02 PM
EdenBaggins said:
To the 21 people who rated this shit 10: ARE YOU BLIND?! Please tell me you hit the wrong button, after losing your sight from watching this shit.

Go read the manga and forget this ever happened.

No.

No.

Did the anime change the story so dramatically?

Amutofan123 said:
NOPE

NOPE NOPE NOPE

I haven't watched the first episode, and now I never will. I'll just stick to the manga, please and thank you.

I'm really not one to care about the art and animation in a series, but this is just really bad.

EDIT: Okay, no. I'll watch Aku no Hana. It's wrong for me to judge when I haven't even seen the first episode. Besides, story > art, right? RIGHT????

Yes. A story only needs 1 thing to be good.
The writing (Plot and Characters)

Visuals/Audio
Sure there are exceptions to both art and sound, but those are just, in the end, secondary factors.

GoldenBRS said:
I bet this show have it's first worst anime show by overall rating of 1.00

Not on my watch. People who drop this before episode 4, yeah, their ratings won't matter at all. Expect the rating to increase after the series ends.

Kiku-chan said:

As for the anime, I really like the style. Rotoscoping really fits to the story and made the episode very, very realistic.

It is a privilege to be able to see such a unique series like this in Anime and I appreciate the effort by the studio. They really have guts!

Fuck yeah. But, will you survive to the end bro? I sure will.

It turned out surprisingly alright and nothing more. I liked it.

Kiku-chan said:

Ohh, so we are shitty heh?
Finding the animation horrorous means that we are shitty... stop lying to yourself if u think that this adaptation is any good.

Apr 5, 2013 3:03 PM

Nope. Dropped. 0/10

Apr 5, 2013 3:03 PM

ihateeveryone said:

Or you have something like an own opinion and are tired to watch always the same shit. Anime just drowns in it's own rules and regularities. I'm really happy, something like this came along

Apr 5, 2013 3:04 PM

Oh wow I didn't expect that kind of animation o.o

I don't think I will continue watching this now.I will keep reading the manga of course, but I didn't like what they did this with the animation and it had potential.

The ED was creepy.

I might watch episode 2 just to see if the pace of the story has changed...

Modified by yuyyuka, Apr 5, 2013 3:45 PM

Apr 5, 2013 3:05 PM

Kiku-chan said:

Effort.......you call this effort?

Ok
A: rotoscope is essentially tracing, i like it but its not something that really should be associated with effort as its much easier than drawing from scratch. The reason rotoscope can work without being labled as lazy is........
B: once the initial traces are done that is when extra details should be added in as well even changing the shape of the outlines to make the characters look seperate than their real life counterpart.....aku no hana did not do any of these.

Aku no hana is essentially a half finished anime and thats the problem, its lazy, rotoscope has been used before in amazing ways, its not the problem here, the problem is how badly they executed it
Modified by JizzyHitler, Apr 5, 2013 3:11 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 5, 2013 3:05 PM

It's funny that people are visibly upset over others enjoying the first episode.

I look forward to watching it later tonight.

Apr 5, 2013 3:06 PM
ihateeveryone said:

You just said that a few pages ago.

Go watch some moeshit and...
PS: only edgy people like Modoka.

Why! Why!!! What have they done!
I hope this is a big joke and the next episode will have a "normal art-style".
I will give it another chance next week...
If it dosen't gets better i will read the manga again from the beginning to make up for it...

This art-style make me feel bad((

Apr 5, 2013 3:08 PM

Tseperi said:
It's funny that people are visibly upset over others enjoying the first episode.

they are visibly upset that people will watch this over the superior manga that is right there and waiting for them, they can almost be viewed as selfless for trying to get people to read the significantly more enjoyable manga than this

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 5, 2013 3:08 PM

I know that symbv have already given a quick summary for the interview between Director & Author.
but for people who wants to read more about it :

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4622098&postcount=169

I'm definitely sticking to this anime~

Apr 5, 2013 3:09 PM
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tseperi said:

they are visibly upset that people will watch this over the superior manga that is right there and waiting for them, they can almost be viewed as selfless for trying to get people to read the significantly more enjoyable manga than this

The manga has a different story? This is anime original?

Apr 5, 2013 3:10 PM

You know, fuck it. Im going to watch this even if it looks this bad.

Apr 5, 2013 3:10 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tseperi said:

Never heard of the manga, and I will not read the manga. I'll just watch and enjoy this anime.

Apr 5, 2013 3:14 PM

ehh i like it. not familiar with the manga though.

Apr 5, 2013 3:15 PM

Am I one of the only people who actually liked the art style? O_o It's nice to see something different and not just more moe crap. I think it looks interesting. Sure it was a slow episode, but I think this could just be a build up to something greater. I'll keep watching because I am curious.

Apr 5, 2013 3:15 PM
Psyche_Izaya said:
I know that symbv have already given a quick summary for the interview between Director & Author.
but for people who wants to read more about it :

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4622098&postcount=169

I'm definitely sticking to this anime~

Count me the fuck in, eternally.
There's no going back now, especially after reading that.

FranLawliet said:
Am I one of the only people who actually liked the art style? O_o It's nice to see something different and not just more moe crap. I think it looks interesting. Sure it was a slow episode, but I think this could just be a build up to something greater. I'll keep watching because I am curious.

You aren't the only one. That's exactly how I feel too.

Read the link above too. Quite interesting

Apr 5, 2013 3:16 PM

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tseperi said:

Animes can be inferior for other reasons than not following the source, This one suffers from shit pacing in comparison to the manga as well as the laziest use of rotoscope in a long time creating imagery too laughably bad to be able to take it seriously. There are scene yet animated that need to be taken seriously that if they are anything like this, they will be so laughably bad it will seem like a comedy

The adaptation is in every sense of the word, lazy. If people are masochistic then they can pick this over a much better manga

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 5, 2013 3:17 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tseperi said:

I recently found out that there's a way that you can do both and my life has been better since.

Apr 5, 2013 3:18 PM

Tseperi said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tseperi said:

I recently found out that there's a way that you can do both and my life has been better since.
Ok that only further proves why people are pissed cause there are people only watching the worse anime as apposed to the manga. Those that have read the manga....are pissed over the adaptation, alot of the hate here is coming from those who read the manga

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 5, 2013 3:18 PM

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
ihateeveryone said:

I know, I felt like restating that is all. I hope that's not an issue. And if it is then deal with it.

Okay, I'd rather watch "moeshit" which I can enjoy then something like this. I did give the first episode a bit of a chance, but found myself bored. I don't normally judge anime off of art, but for something in this day and age, it's atrocious.

Call me edgy and non-hipster all you want, I fucking love Madoka and nothing's gonna change that.

P.S. Why'd you bring Madoka into this again?

Apr 5, 2013 3:19 PM
Nothing wrong with the animation its made that way for a reason obviously.... Reminds you of Onani master tbh
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)

Apr 5, 2013 3:25 PM
4.93 holy shit they're screwed.

Apr 5, 2013 3:26 PM

Wasn't expecting that.. Interesting though.

Apr 5, 2013 3:28 PM
I do hate the style as much as seemingly most people here. I'll give it another try and perhaps eventually I'll get used to the overdose of rotoscopy (which does indeed hurt my eyes). But I think it's most horrible of them to not keep to original style.

Also, if the director loves live-action so much, why the hell wouldn't they just make this a live-action in the first place! It wouldn't feel nearly as awkward for the viewers...

Apr 5, 2013 3:30 PM
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tseperi said:

Animes can be inferior for other reasons than not following the source, This one suffers from shit pacing in comparison to the manga as well as the laziest use of rotoscope in a long time creating imagery too laughably bad to be able to take it seriously. There are scene yet animated that need to be taken seriously that if they are anything like this, they will be so laughably bad it will seem like a comedy

The adaptation is in every sense of the word, lazy. If people are masochistic then they can pick this over a much better manga

Shit pacing. 1 episode
Judging something that has yet to occur.

I'm just going to ignore every other point now.

ihateeveryone said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
ihateeveryone said:

I know, I felt like restating that is all. I hope that's not an issue. And if it is then deal with it.

Okay, I'd rather watch "moeshit" which I can enjoy then something like this. I did give the first episode a bit of a chance, but found myself bored. I don't normally judge anime off of art, but for something in this day and age, it's atrocious.

Call me edgy and non-hipster all you want, I fucking love Madoka and nothing's gonna change that.

It was a just a comparison.
You said everyone who liked this are hipsters and lying to themselves.
You made a generalisation.

I then made a generalisation too, but I wasn't being serious, that was sarcasm.

Apr 5, 2013 3:32 PM

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tseperi said:

Shit pacing. 1 episode

ihateeveryone said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
ihateeveryone said:

It's funny, because we were both being sarcastic in our generalizations.

Apr 5, 2013 3:34 PM

Not familiar with the manga so that's not an issue for me. I thought the art style being so different is at the least daring, and it seemed to fit the overall atmosphere. If anything, my only complaint so far is that not too much happened. A slow pace is fine but there were only a couple moments here that seemed to point towards interesting developments, and they barely seemed related.

I'll stick by it for now, I had a lot of trouble getting into Mushishi at first as well and I got completely turned around on that one as well.
Ara ara.

Apr 5, 2013 3:35 PM

The amount of hate this is getting is atrocious.
Clearly it's not for everyone, but it's upsetting to see so many people complaining just because the art/animation is different than what people usually watch.
Yes, I'll admit that it was choppy in some areas and the characters aren't extraordinarily attractive, but these characteristics provide a sense of realism. And honestly, the characters look much like any person you would see in a live action film or series.
I really just don't like seeing this anime being criticized for its edgier style. I can understand those who are commenting on the slow pacing or so on, but immediately rating it a 1 because of the animation is ridiculous.
魔法少女グレイシー

Apr 5, 2013 3:37 PM
ihateeveryone said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tseperi said:

Shit pacing. 1 episode

ihateeveryone said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
ihateeveryone said:

It's funny, because we were both being sarcastic in our generalizations.

You know, I should have expected that from you.
But, It just didn't seem like you were sarcastic in that postand the previous one

MAL needs a sarcastic bb code [sarcasm][/sarcasm]

lol this is so funny

13 pages full of bitching and whining..ahh :D

btw the animation doesnt bother me in the least. i didnt know this anime/manga existed a hour ago and im kinda glad.

5/5 to fuel the fire :D

Starmie said:
Clearly it's not for everyone, but it's upsetting to see so many people complaining just because the art/animation is different than what people usually watch.
Yes, I'll admit that it was choppy in some areas and the characters aren't extraordinarily attractive, but these characteristics provide a sense of realism. And honestly, the characters look much like any person you would see in a live action film or series.
I really just don't like seeing this anime being criticized for its edgier style. I can understand those who are commenting on the slow pacing or so on, but immediately rating it a 1 because of the animation is ridiculous.

It's ugly, stop over analyzing it.
-Fixing-

Apr 5, 2013 3:38 PM

"The other side of the other side of the other side would be the other side"

Apr 5, 2013 3:38 PM

Nakamura's stare is creepy
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote

Apr 5, 2013 3:39 PM

Just look at all that high quality art and all those disapearing faces, truly our generation is a lucky one to have piece of art like this to be created in our lifetime.
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Apr 5, 2013 3:40 PM

Lord_El_Wilio said:
Starmie said:

I'm not overanalyzing, I'm just annoyed that everyone is so quick to complain because of a different art style and I elaborated on why.
魔法少女グレイシー

Apr 5, 2013 3:40 PM
I watched this with no expectations at all and quite enjoyed it. It had good atmosphere and I'm looking forward to seeing more. I'm probably going to start reading the manga too.
I wouldn't classify this as an anime though. It more like a live action series. And there's nothing wrong with that.
I think the reason everyone's upset is because they expected an anime. Which this certainly isn't ( At least by the industry standard).

Apr 5, 2013 3:41 PM
Starmie said:

Many people here rate based solely on enjoyment and eye candy. Its infuriating.

GoldenBRS said:
4.93 holy shit they're screwed.

You didn't read my earlier post right?
Nor do you know the rule for rating count right?

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tseperi said:

Shit pacing. 1 episode

That one episode has occurred, and it had horrible pacing in addition to lazy animation, the possibility of that keeping up is more likley than it not.

Also saying
quote=Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Is the equivalent of saying "I have no actual rebuttals so im gonna quit"

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Starmie said:
Lord_El_Wilio said:
Starmie said:

I'm not overanalyzing, I'm just annoyed that everyone is so quick to complain because of a different art style and I elaborated on why.

The author of the manga spent so much time designing his characters so that the anime could tear it apart. That's shitty to me, no matter what sense the adaption was trying to be.

Apr 5, 2013 3:45 PM

yhunata said:
Starmie said:
Lord_El_Wilio said:
Starmie said:

The author of the manga spent so much time designing his characters so that the anime could tear it apart. That's shitty to me, no matter what sense the adaption was trying to be.

tbh, the character designs of the manga were always it's weakest part to me, because they felt too formulaic for this story

Pages (35) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store