Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2013 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
This Aku no Hana adaption is too fucking RAW.

Zexcs, you donkeys. Not Good Enough.

GET OUT.
Apr 5, 2013 11:45 AM

Dec 2009
Was interested in this after reading the manga but with that kind of animation... No way I'm watching this.
Apr 5, 2013 11:48 AM

Sep 2011
Itoukaiji said:
The plot still sounds too interesting for me to pass up.
Then go read the manga, that way serious scenes wont have ridiculous imagery that would ruin everything.

also animation isnt everything like you said, HOWEVER, when animation gets ridiculously bad it can completely ruin the mood and ability to take a series seriously. Take a look at the pain fight in naruto, depsite being intentional the art turning into a road runner cartoon and making pain jello destroys any epicness the fight was trying to go for. With this series try taking it seriously when everyone had this derpy face on

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 5, 2013 11:49 AM

May 2012
''Aku no hana butchered rotoscope which is normally a really good looking animation choice when not completely half assed like this was ''

Thank you for explaining.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 5, 2013 11:50 AM

Sep 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Itoukaiji said:
Then go read the manga, that way serious scenes wont have ridiculous imagery that would ruin everything.

also animation isnt everything like you said, HOWEVER, when animation gets ridiculously bad it can completely ruin the mood and ability to take a series seriously. Take a look at the pain fight in naruto, depsite being intentional the art turning into a road runner cartoon and making pain jello destroys any epicness the fight was trying to go for. With this series try taking it seriously when everyone had this derpy face on

The author should have that face and be saying "Why the fuck did I let them make it into an Anime."
Apr 5, 2013 11:52 AM

May 2012
Tyrel said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Itoukaiji said:

The author should have that face and be saying "Why the fuck did I let them make it into an Anime."

lol
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 5, 2013 12:06 PM
Jun 2010
Everyone dismissing this because of the animation is close-minded and shallow.

That said, the studio is probably stupid for trying something so out there like this. Otaku are a finicky, immature bunch, and there is no way something like this would appeal to them. Who does the studio think their audience is? This is going to be a major commercial failure.

Now for my opinion on the show: While I appreciate all the effort the show is making to make the viewer feel ill at ease, I wonder whether it tries too hard. I haven't read the manga, but it feels like the show is setting up for some sort of profoundly unsettling conflict; if the story is good enough, it shouldn't need to use such heavy-handed animation and sound techniques to get its point across. In short, I'm worried this will become extremely pretentious. But for now, I think it's interesting and I plan to continue watching it (even if I am the only one to do so).
Apr 5, 2013 12:09 PM

Sep 2011
guava said:
Everyone dismissing this because of the animation is close-minded and shallow.

That said, the studio is probably stupid for trying something so out there like this. Otaku are a finicky, immature bunch, and there is no way something like this would appeal to them. Who does the studio think their audience is? This is going to be a major commercial failure.

Now for my opinion on the show: While I appreciate all the effort the show is making to make the viewer feel ill at ease, I wonder whether it tries too hard. I haven't read the manga, but it feels like the show is setting up for some sort of profoundly unsettling conflict; if the story is good enough, it shouldn't need to use such heavy-handed animation and sound techniques to get its point across. In short, I'm worried this will become extremely pretentious. But for now, I think it's interesting and I plan to continue watching it (even if I am the only one to do so).

Close minded and shallow? No, not really. Anyone that isn't blind would immediately be turned off by this. If you can withstand those character designs and movement animation I applaud you. This makes Mars of Destruction look good.
Apr 5, 2013 12:11 PM

Sep 2012
guava said:
You talk as if all otaku will not like rotoscope animation and the reason they all don't like it is because they are immature.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 5, 2013 12:17 PM

Dec 2009
ihateeveryone said:
If anyone says they like or don't mind the animation and art style of this they are lying or they are wrong.

This.
Shame too, cause the manga was pretty crazy.
Apr 5, 2013 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
Depending on who takes up subs for this it might just become comedy of the season.
Apr 5, 2013 12:20 PM

Sep 2012
Berzin said:
Depending on who takes up subs for this it might just become comedy of the season.
The question is: Who wants to sub this?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 5, 2013 12:22 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
Berzin said:

DUWANG
Apr 5, 2013 12:23 PM

Nov 2011
i felt betrayed when i saw that shit

edit:
btw is the manga worth reading cuz i might start that instead of this *cough* shit
Apr 5, 2013 12:27 PM

Dec 2009
Megmurdel said:

edit:
btw is the manga worth reading cuz i might start that instead of this *cough* shit

Way better than this.
Apr 5, 2013 12:28 PM
Mar 2012
Can someone give a summary from this link? I think it's interview between the mangaka and the director.

http://natalie.mu/comic/pp/akunohana

Jul 2011
RIP Aku no Hana anime.

Nov 2011
Stuartxtr7 said:
Megmurdel said:

edit:

Way better than this.

thx :)
Apr 5, 2013 12:29 PM

Feb 2012
GG subs translated first ep lol .
Apr 5, 2013 12:34 PM

Jul 2009
Trollsubs Deserved.
ビビコードバカァ!

Apr 5, 2013 12:36 PM

Sep 2011
10/10, haven't laughed this hard in weeks.
Apr 5, 2013 12:38 PM

Jul 2011
To the 21 people who rated this shit 10: ARE YOU BLIND?! Please tell me you hit the wrong button, after losing your sight from watching this shit.

Go read the manga and forget this ever happened.
Mar 2013
looks very realistic
Aug 2011
VentusCross said:
symbv said:
Berzin said:

DUWANG

What a beautiful Duwang!

Edit now that I saw the subbed one:
Llike I said looking past the animation some of those scenes just dragged on for too long.
Slow pace is slow.
standApr 5, 2013 3:55 PM
Apr 5, 2013 12:40 PM

Apr 2009
I had no interest in this show when I heard how disturbing the source material is. Now I really want to see gg's sub of the first episode. It's not like my vision can get any worse than it already is right now.

Apr 5, 2013 12:42 PM

Sep 2012
melina_putri said:
Can someone give a summary from this link? I think it's interview between the mangaka and the director.
Don't have the patience to write a long summary but one key point is Nagahama, the director, once declined the offer to direct this anime because he think nobody would think the anime provides something more than the manga so there is little point in making an anime. But later he was offered the chance again, and this time he thought that by introducing some "realistic touch" similar to life action drama it will make it worthwhile to make the anime. And the author was convinced....

Apr 5, 2013 12:43 PM

Aug 2010
bawahahahahaha
Apr 5, 2013 12:45 PM
Nov 2012
EdenBaggins said:
To the 21 people who rated this shit 10: ARE YOU BLIND?! Please tell me you hit the wrong button, after losing your sight from watching this shit.

Why not? I haven't laughed this hard in weeks...
Mar 2012
I bought glasses after watching this episode.

Dec 2012
EdenBaggins said:

I rated it 10 because it's a masterpiece, why else
Apr 5, 2013 12:47 PM

Jul 2012
I was so excited when I heard the manga was getting an anime adaptation. I waited patiently for months for it to be released.

I didn't watch the first episode, but based on the pictures and GIFs posted I can already tell it's horrible.

I am utterly disappointed with this.
Apr 5, 2013 12:47 PM

Apr 2011
danmari said:
Okay, so I've read throught seven pages of this thread and there's no word about anything other than animation or character designs. They're bad, I get it.

So let's assume I can somehow tolerate them. Is there reason to watch this?

Well, the story is good. The only question is, can you stand the stupid character designs?
Apr 5, 2013 12:48 PM

Aug 2010
AOTY seriously. Rated it 10 too.
Apr 5, 2013 12:54 PM

Jul 2009
bastek66 said:
Kill it with fire

LMFAO. WHAT HAPPENED?! did someone hit the acid before animating this shit?
Apr 5, 2013 12:56 PM

Jul 2009
For those who can read jap and wanna know why they fucked it up.
Enterview between Nagahama Hiroshi and Oshimi Shuuzou

ビビコードバカァ!

Apr 5, 2013 12:56 PM

Mar 2013
A shame, it looked amazing, but call me shallow but I won't watch anything with such shitty animation(unless it's older anime.).

Dropped in the first minute, and I sure as hell won't put in on my list.
Apr 5, 2013 1:00 PM

Sep 2012
No_Frame said:
For those who can read jap and wanna know why they fucked it up.
Enterview between Nagahama Hiroshi and Oshimi Shuuzou

Someone also posted it already and I even provided a short summary here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=581261&show=120#msg21228737

Also "Jap" is a racial slur. I don't think you are a racist so in case you didn't know its meaning, please be careful about using this word in future:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

Apr 5, 2013 1:00 PM

May 2010
Pkmn said:
A shame, it looked amazing, but call me shallow but I won't watch anything with such shitty animation(unless it's older anime.).

Dropped in the first minute, and I sure as hell won't put in on my list.
i 2nd this motion
Apr 5, 2013 1:06 PM

Feb 2012
Frankly, I don't give a shit about the animation. I haven't read the manga, but I admit that the comparison with the anime makes the animation looks like a joke, and it indeed is not pretty, but I don't care. To me it looks pretty interesting and I will definitely continue watching this. I understand the disappointment, but I think a lot of people exaggerate too much.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Apr 5, 2013 1:07 PM
Sep 2009
symbv said:
Also "Jap" is a racial slur. I don't think you are a racist so in case you didn't know its meaning, please be careful about using this word in future:

Stop with this crap, not everyone here is american, not our fault you guys use it on a degoratory manner, in most places it's just an abreviation.
Apr 5, 2013 1:12 PM

May 2012
After reading manga I was looking forward for this anime but after what I saw... instant drop.
Apr 5, 2013 1:13 PM

Apr 2010
Good thing these threads exist. I was about to hit the download button.

Apr 5, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2009
Saduj said:
symbv said:

Stop with this crap, not everyone here is american, not our fault you guys use it on a degoratory manner, in most places it's just an abreviation.

Yeah, here we utilize Jap as an abbreviation to Japanese people/Moonrunes w/ no offense connotation at all.
If in Murika you have these pathetic racial problems, well, can't be helped.
ビビコードバカァ!

Apr 5, 2013 1:23 PM

Mar 2012
To state the good things with this anime, I quite liked how they handled the atmosphere, making it very unforced and spaceless. OST is pretty and the backgrounds is nice too, especially the camera angles.

But all this potential has been completely shat on by an extremely dumb idea of rotoscoping. It wouldn't be so bad if the character designs wouldn't so horrendous, the fps was actually smooth and if the proportions wasn't extremely ugly and laid out. It doesn't represent the manga remotely close, ugh.

They probably tried to take a realistic approach, but I think they failed miserably. I'm just gonna enjoy the manga myself now.
Apr 5, 2013 1:28 PM

Oct 2012
The character design is creepy as hell which makes it more interesting, as long as it follows the manga plotwise, I'll keep watching it.
Apr 5, 2013 1:29 PM

Mar 2011
Okay, so the art and animation are pretty horrible. Is the story at least decent or similar to the source material? Is there one good thing about this series that can prevent me from losing all hope? The shitty rotoscoping and the direct comparison to Aku no Hana's and Sakamichi no Apollon's attempt really bugged me.

I've forced myself to watch some good anime series for the sake of plot rather than art, so I hope the story here will at least keep my interests. I haven't seen very much in this thread in regards to plot, so I won't say anything yet until I attempt to watch this. I hope the rest of this season's lineup is more successful... Aku no Hana looks like something that is nowhere near to the definition of 'success' from what I can see from the reviews.

But, as someone mentioned before, the question is if one can handle the butt-ugly character designs enough to enjoy the story...
Apr 5, 2013 1:34 PM

Nov 2011
huntx said:
Oh man, i was so hyped - -.

Ye, i heard that manga is good(havent read yet)and ofc i though anime would be good too. Boy i was wrong. I think im gonna delete whole entry from my list...
Apr 5, 2013 1:38 PM
Jun 2008
Still didn't watch the episode and I am excited for it, but man, these posts gave me second thoughts to even consider it now.
Apr 5, 2013 1:38 PM

Feb 2011
This adaption is going to make history.
Apr 5, 2013 1:42 PM

Oct 2011
It would have been good series if not for character design.
They managed to build this nice mood, with all those decaying things, colors and how camera works. Music builds it up making more creepy.

AND BAM POTATO MAN!!!

but maybe they will run out of money and switch to some more normal animation, there is still some hope.
Pages (35) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

324 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.