Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 10, 2009 11:04 AM

Oct 2008
willyvereb said:
if another season not comes then the whole spy couple scene-pack were meaningless...not to mention the UFO inspectors.

I'm looking forward to the OVA:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=59941
Jan 12, 2009 12:30 PM

Sep 2008
A horrible end to a horrible series. Seems like so many turned out this way.. The quality is droping while the quanity is increasing...
Jan 12, 2009 6:41 PM
May 2008
Kvakond said:
I've said it a thousand times, but I repeat it one final time. It lacked direction. It lacked comedy (the funny kind). It lacked emotional depth. But.. it had characters with personality thinner than a sheet of paper, and the almighty fan service - too bad that it wasn't enough to make up for all the other shit.

Too true. This is a dangerously light-hearted series that is about to float away because of its airheaded cast. I mean, what was so good about Junichi that Minato liked?? She's disturbed. Yuuhi was a nut throughout the entire show - no, she's "tsundere" sorry and that means she can't make up her mind until she realizes she's not good enough against the Holy Imouto Minacchi

OranSolus said:
The entire series just felt kind of hollow. I got some laughs out of it, but they were cheap laughs.

Yeah, too true again. There are some cheap laughs to be had but I don't think this is a genuine comedy. Don't get me started on the Excel Saga action hero interludes of Junichi's parents ("Papa! We're being called in for support!").

superman89 said:
I'm surprised so many are flabbergasted that an anime show actually ended without a complete explanation. I thought 95% of the anime made end like that? :).

You're right. I think most of us thought Yuuhi was going to be the winner of the love triangle but evidently, the writers all got drunk and decided to thrown an imouto party for the finale.

willyvereb said:
Back to the "incest" ending: it shows a pretty weird way: If your sister has bigger boobs than your current girlfriend then ditch her and go for your sister...totaly wicked.

your sister is hiding from you now... :(

Jan 13, 2009 10:12 AM

Dec 2008
Ending was set for a second season, which I don't plan to watch.

I learned from this series that I'm not a fan of non-comedy harem series.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 14, 2009 2:00 PM

Aug 2007
That was one of the worst endings in my life -_-

I hate Minato. >_< She's so boring and not important...
bleh.

Jan 15, 2009 6:05 AM

Jan 2009
have to say that was an lame ending.. if there is a second seasson and that it focus on how Junichi realizes how fu**ed up insecst is and get togeather with some other chick maby i will consider watching it
Jan 15, 2009 7:53 AM

Nov 2008
I would love the if there were a second season were Yuuhi tries(and succeds) to capture Yuinchi's hearth...maybe it were the first anime with this kind of story!:D

But i think there's only one OVA and that's all we got from it.
Hopefully realy an alternate ending that can be rational...
Jan 15, 2009 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
willyvereb said:
But i think there's only one OVA and that's all we got from it.
Hopefully realy an alternate ending that can be rational...
I think it will be a beach/fan service episode with the girls showcasing different swimsuits, Yuuhi going insecure, plus there will be a giant octopus just to tentacle-rape everyone. Oh wait, that's another show
Jan 15, 2009 8:34 AM

Jan 2008
Minato - "Yuuhi, I think i may be adopted" (Don't recall the episode but 100% sure she said it in the anime, they were taking a bath together when she said that i believe.)

"may" is the keyword there :3

And the scene with their dad at ep12 saying something like "I should tell him..." or something like that im assuming was related to her.

Lol, does that cheer you guys up?

Jan 23, 2009 2:05 PM

Jan 2008
they are not (blood)related , that was made 'somewhat' clear at the end.
It certanly wasn't worth 5 or 4 but it was entertaining so 3.

the soul purpose of the show was pretty much (brainless) entertainment. Im ean it was based on an H-game, what did you expect? a plot? deep character development?

And I'm pretty sure Rie, who was the VA of Yuuhi, just saw it as a fun side project.
TheUniqueReaperJan 23, 2009 2:12 PM
Jan 29, 2009 8:49 PM

Apr 2008
Defiance said:
Fucking Japanese and their incestuous obsession.

EDIT:All I really have to add is that I'm glad this anime is over.

From the posts I've seen from you, you sound like a newfag at 4chan. Voicing an opinion doesn't need the stupidity that comes from your mouth.

On another note, I like the ending. In the begining, out of all the people that were up for grabs, I liked the sister the best. Usually these harem style romantic comedies never go my way, so I'm quite pleased, even if its a bit strange to love your sister... that much.
Jan 30, 2009 1:18 AM

Nov 2008
The only problem is that there's nearly no development beetween Minato and Yuinchi until the end and nearly zero character development for Minato through the show. That's like when you suddenly chose a side character to the pairing with the main guy= TOTALY BAD SCRIPT.
If we seen some more serious development beetween them then it could be more acceptable.
Feb 1, 2009 1:24 AM

Aug 2007
Absolutely agree. Terrible ending. It has artificial writing, predictability, deus ex machina, reverse character development... This ending has the works lol
Feb 11, 2009 9:56 PM

Jan 2009
everybody has there own thoughts about the ending, respectively, i thought the ending would be Jun x Yuuhi but if fails me. Whats with the sister-bro romance?
Feb 11, 2009 10:57 PM
Jan 2009
Anyone favoring Minato is wrong. It's still incest even if they aren't true brother/sister. The animators pulled a deceptive one on us. Damn them! It should've be Yuuhi!
Feb 12, 2009 1:13 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah cause Minato is so underdeveloped in character...she's like a side character and even then he chose her to confuse the viewers:P
Feb 18, 2009 5:56 PM

Jul 2008
he ended up with... his sister? okay, thats a little shocking(insert eye twitching), please tell me what his father forgot to tell him was that she was adopted. and yuuhi moves in at the last moment to make sure nothing weird happens, this obviously leaves it open for a sequal (hopefully)
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 21, 2009 12:55 AM

Sep 2008
it was a good anie but....chosing its sister disappointing
good series bad ending its like a bad copy of da capo with out the sadness
so mago mago didnt reveal she was an alien even tou it was obious....baka bakashi
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 24, 2009 12:43 PM

Dec 2008
Cortez321 said:
Thank god its over
I would have to agree with that, I hate the incest in it. It was barely funny, horrble story, the art was ok. The only the good things was Minato, and how she hooks up with her brother!!
Apr 7, 2009 6:16 PM

Jan 2009
Resolve is good but incest is bad no matter what. I have problem with it in Japan. Too many people are victim of it.

OVA is still to be watched.
Apr 9, 2009 1:14 AM

Aug 2008
I'm glad I finished this anime which means I won't be watching it anymore!!! Yay!!! Also why didn't they just say that those two kids (names are not my specialty) aren't related? I mean seriously, there would be half as many people disgusted if they flat out knew that it wasn't truly incest. Yes I know they hinted at it, but it's not really confirmed now is it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2009 3:49 AM

Jan 2009
CkretAznMan said:
I'm glad I finished this anime which means I won't be watching it anymore!!! Yay!!! Also why didn't they just say that those two kids (names are not my specialty) aren't related? I mean seriously, there would be half as many people disgusted if they flat out knew that it wasn't truly incest. Yes I know they hinted at it, but it's not really confirmed now is it?

OVA maybe. Related or not is still bad not right. Asked people and is what they say.
Apr 12, 2009 8:21 AM
Jul 2008
This anime is not bad... Think about mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha strikers..
Nanoha = Minato??
@.@
Apr 26, 2009 2:46 PM

Nov 2008
YUI_HIRASAWA said:
Yezzzzzzzz... nice ending MINATO is the winner and I LOVE HER SO MUCH wearing TENNIS AND SWIMSUIT..... MINATOoooooooooooo I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU.......

@ slayer545-sama.... what you thinks there be a special or ova episode coming????

YOSHA, that the end i want XD!!
Deiciding his life style by rolling the dice.
May 25, 2009 12:40 PM

Feb 2009
It really took me a lot to finish this anime. I hoped for a School Days ending, 'cause I disliked most of the characters, especially Junichi. I'm not a big incest-fan, and even if Minato isn't his real sister I still think it's messed up because Junichi and Minato think they're siblings. I hope I can forget this anime asap.
Jun 19, 2009 5:36 PM

Nov 2007
Faust721 said:
meh. I like Minato and all, but I wanted the Yuuhi ending.

^ that. Minato is my fave but I totally prefer JunichixYuuhi. :|
Jun 22, 2009 2:15 AM

Nov 2007
The series was OK overall,but what a distorted ending...They could have changed the series,or cut the final episodes,that seemed too much out of order...
Jun 26, 2009 5:47 AM

Jun 2009
I think Junichi will be with Yuuhi in the end...
but, the final episode is expect my expectations!!

I think this is a great anime afterall..
Jun 27, 2009 10:14 AM

Mar 2009
sigh, the ending for me was like shattering.

Junichi x Yuuhi would have been better but, it was Junichi x Minato. Now that i think of it, it's like going out with my sister. FUCK!

well, at least this is better like this. If it was like a School Days ending, i would have personally kill the person that directed this.
Jul 2, 2009 2:10 PM
Apr 2009
i wanted jun x yuuhi :(
series was ok since the ending wasnt what i wanted

in another way
yuuhi will live with the siblings
so a chance may be in the future for jun and yuuhi
but that will never happen x]
since its over haha

hmm there's a thing i didnt liked
its how.. in ep 10: jun and yuu confess their feelings ( it was about time )
but then at the end of episode 10, along with 11 and 12
they decide to go for a Jun x Minato ending so its like..
they completely ditch ( if you want ) the big developpement in yuuhi room the morning and in jun room the night in episode 10
i know there was some hint for jun having feeling for minato but still
it kinda disappoint me O:
type_XEJul 2, 2009 2:40 PM
Jul 7, 2009 9:13 PM

May 2009
Incest without incest... I love it :D
Jul 10, 2009 11:19 AM

Aug 2008
about the whole incestuous thing, I am sure most people remember the scene earlier on about Minato saying she was adopted. This episode also shows proof that she may have been adopted. Remember the scene where she says "It was your house to begin with, nii-san..."? and then again with "Are you sure it's alright not to tell Junichi about Minato...?" It's heavily implied in this anime that they are indeed not related by blood. So it makes me wonder why everyone has their panties in a twist lol.
pikel-kunJul 10, 2009 11:40 AM

Jul 11, 2009 11:47 AM

Nov 2008
Because they've grown up as siblings. It remains a fact. Not to mention it's a great excuse to bash the junichiXMinato troll ending.:)
Jul 12, 2009 3:13 PM

May 2009
Yay. At least I got my wanted MinatoxJunichi ending. Not that that helps the anime much.

5/10
Jul 24, 2009 4:11 PM

May 2009
Yeah i think minato isnt his real sister since his parents were saying is it okay for you to not tell junichi about minato so its not really incest eh ? o.o lol
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis" Which means "It's not for me, It's not for you. It's for everyone"
Aug 2, 2009 11:56 PM

Jun 2009
First few episodes I had really high expectations, it looked great. I even enjoyed most of the filler in the middle (Wtf are they thinking putting filler in a 12 episode series!?!?) but, I REALLY wish I had stopped watching at episode 10, rather right after Yuuhi and Jun confessed to each other, that would have been a 7-8/10 show right there. But, noooo they have the mind rape us at the end and then release an OVA that has NOTHING to do with an alternate ending, GEEZ >:(.

Edit: 4/10 for the series, 1/10 for last episode. Incest is wrong and disturbing even if they aren't true siblings. It is like saying "I'd screw my sister if I knew she wasn't blood related." Does that seem right to you???
ZangoAug 3, 2009 12:00 AM
Aug 4, 2009 1:07 AM

Jun 2009
Don't blame JAPAN, that is just the way they are in making anime

they dont care about if its child P... its japan hehe. Anyway,

not bad for an ending 6/10 for me

nice one Junichi's thing just sprung out hehe
ZinvyAug 4, 2009 1:44 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 30, 2009 5:55 PM
Feb 2009
Nagomi x2 WTF?
Sep 10, 2009 6:36 AM

Jul 2008
A story with great potential... but with the most disturbing/weird/lamest ending ever.

Imagine french-ing with your bro <.< or anyone that grew up with you (as a bro). just plain eww..

Sep 25, 2009 2:30 PM

Jun 2009
woooooo !!!! love the ending !!!!! minato minato !!!!! all of you who hates the ending,,BLEH =P LOL....

im sure they are not blood related at all..c'mon guys they gave us all the hints..first at the bathroom while minato and yuuhi were talking..2nd is when jun meets w/ his parents and 3rd one parents are talking about something they should have said to jun !! 8/10 for me..

btw the ova is hilarious !!!! must see XD !!!
Oct 2, 2009 1:14 PM

Jun 2009
i thought it was a good ending, there could have been a lot of worse endings, and this one wrapped everything up nicely and kind of answered if minato was junichi's real sister when his mother asks his father "was it really okay for you not to tell Junichi about Minato?"
Oct 2, 2009 4:47 PM

Jun 2009
g0ng0n16 said:
woooooo !!!! love the ending !!!!! minato minato !!!!! all of you who hates the ending,,BLEH =P LOL....

im sure they are not blood related at all..c'mon guys they gave us all the hints..first at the bathroom while minato and yuuhi were talking..2nd is when jun meets w/ his parents and 3rd one parents are talking about something they should have said to jun !! 8/10 for me..

^^

Pretty much what i was thinking. To keep it short, in all categories.. this was a average anime slightly leaning toward the bad side.
Dec 3, 2009 7:31 AM

Aug 2008
fu ck you Yuuhi. come back to your dad, let him find you a new husband : ***
{wrote, after watching 5 minutes. xdd }
i hope he'll choose Minato, but probably {for80%} Yuuhi'll win.

~~ kyaaa Minato < 33 yuuhi is stupid. -.- ending is good, very good. because of it i give 7/10 (;
it would be nice, if it'll be 2 series. i don't like so much this anime, but the end isn't the end explaining a lot of things
Dec 8, 2009 8:26 AM
Jan 2009
HATED the ending! minato is such a friggin robot! yuuhi at least has some personality! and even though yuuhi was nice to minato,she screwed her when yuuhi was away!
Dec 8, 2009 8:55 AM
Nov 2009
brinan said:
g0ng0n16 said:

^^

Pretty much what i was thinking. To keep it short, in all categories.. this was a average anime slightly leaning toward the bad side.

pretty much what i was thinking. throughout the series it gave hints that she wasnt blood related but was adopted few years later when junichi was born. Her parents sent her home after hearing the maid was gone, thus opening "File X". which im guessing is an experiment that was created by his parents and Yuuhi father. On Junichi,about releasing his true feeling and that he won't be alone anymore( thus File X is about junichi if he will choose his non blood related sister or someone else which was yuuhi (which she didnt know that her father sent her just to test junichi)i. But overall the ending was quite good, with a twist. 8/10
MystichungDec 8, 2009 9:00 AM
Dec 23, 2009 6:20 PM
May 2009
For me I think the anime was quite decent but maybe that's just me since I'm very easy to impress but I think the ending was good. However sometimes during the middle I did wish that the anime would end
Dec 29, 2009 12:18 AM

Oct 2009
The ending really just got messed up. After ALL that, 12 episodes, and he suddenly chooses to be with his sister. I mean, I have nothing against Incest (In Anime.), but why now? Then, the only reason he went through all that, shared his first kiss, and probably first relationship with Yuuhi was because he kinda felt bad if he were to make her sad? -__-

Yuuhi didn't even try to fight for him back. They pretty much all liked, him, but no one really tried to do anything. =/

Lastly, they even started to leave a lot of things that never got answered. Like the X Files, how the parents became what they are, etc.

But...I still liked it. I just wish there'd be a Season 2 to finish all the loose ends.
Feb 1, 2010 9:04 AM

Dec 2007
Yes! Minato FTW. But sadly not enough for me to put the score back up.
Feb 6, 2010 9:34 PM

Oct 2008
Ahahaha, <3 the teacher. XD

But.. I don't get the end. Are they siblings or not? :S
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 7, 2010 11:02 PM

Aug 2006
Shitty ending, one of the most disappointing I've watched in a long time. I haven't been this pissed at an ending since I read Fukushima Metamo Kiss. It really shouldn't have been hard to wrap this up well, and it failed miserably. And not just cause I liked Yuuhi better. It mostly came across as a bad attempt at being deep, not only in concept, but in dialogue, though the latter could be cause it didn't or wasn't translated well. It also failed to make any sense for most of it, was just too vague, least of all the siblings issue, which most people mentioned. I swear earlier in the series it said that all the Geno Killer stuff was just rumors, not that Junichi used to actually be like that. Whatever. And what the hell was with the cult / alien thing? That wasn't explained at all, it only got more confusing at the end. Not only what they were, but what their aim was. Whatever Nagomi (and I guess Mitsuki) were trying to do, they sure did it half-assed. Neither was their relationship status. For a second it seemed extremely obvious he was going for Minato, but then implied they were going to compete for him... or share him, or..... something? It was all practically gibberish. I suppose this could also be explained by a bad translation or it just not translating well, but..... it's still really annoying.

Overall, this ep: 1/5, the show as a whole either a 5 or 6/10, not sure yet. It was an unoriginal story executed a bit differently from usual, was highly enjoyable (I'm sure most people disagree with me about that, but whatever), but just crashed and burned at the end, ruining the entire thing.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 5, 2008

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jul 17, 2023 12:07 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 13, 2008

66 by Punkero »»
May 25, 2022 7:10 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 1, 2008

181 by Abhinandan2002 »»
Dec 28, 2021 9:52 AM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

76 by Amatniki »»
Mar 28, 2021 1:43 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 27, 2008

66 by Amatniki »»
Mar 27, 2021 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.