Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 5, 2013 12:05 AM

Jul 2011
didn't like this episode except the last scene.
講廢話,被撞到.
Apr 5, 2013 12:09 AM

Feb 2013
I will be trying Gargantia (when its subbed) and Valrave next. Gargantia reminds me a little of Full Metal Panic, at least in tone. Valvrave actually looks and sounds like a Gundam clone, complete with two fighting factions, space battles, Char clone, MC who belongs to a neutral nation only for it to be invaded and thus him and his friends pulled into the war, a mysterious, powerful mecha that only the MC can pilot, I've seen it all before...

Of the three big mecha shows this season, I wonder which one will be the best? (Goodness knows Majestic is off to a shoddy start.)
Apr 5, 2013 12:20 AM

Apr 2010
The character design reminded me quite a lot of Kurogane no Linebarrels. Enjoyed the interaction between characters and thought the humour was refreshing.

To summarize, thought the episode was awesome. The battle scenes were probably the best part of the anime to be honest. Loved the ending of the episode.

5/5
Apr 5, 2013 12:34 AM
Aug 2009
> Team scores the worst
> Chosen to ride the mecha

What is he planning to do?
Apr 5, 2013 12:56 AM

Feb 2008
Very "meh"ish start. I seriously hope the series picks up after such a bland start.
Apr 5, 2013 12:58 AM

Jan 2013
It was better than I expected but that's not saying much.

As for why they were sent, I thought that they had the worst teamwork but are actually pretty decent alone. Still, having no teamwork would have gotten them killed in a real fight so I have no idea what the shady guy is doing. At least he seems to know beforehand that they will pull through.

Will continue watching at least for the mecha designs.
Apr 5, 2013 1:23 AM

Jan 2011
Expected more...okay first episode and everything, but still.
Will give this one or two more eps, but if there are too many shows I wanna watch this season then it's goodbye.
Also hope that I will be giving some answers to questions like "Why does the worst team get the best equipment", "What is this whole facility? Some kind of Academy?" and "Who are the others teams? We only know Rabbit so far".
Apr 5, 2013 1:30 AM

Jun 2007
That was not what I had expected based on the title of this show, which was all the knowledge I had going into it. I actually look forward to more.
Apr 5, 2013 1:35 AM

Dec 2011
Pfft people with their way of judging based on ep 1 never fail to make me laugh. C'mon this anime have 24 eps, there's a LOT of room for character development and everything. I never understand these type of ppl.

Anyway, can't wait for Lacus to make her appearance...
http://myanimelist.net/character/76302/Theoria
Oh wait...
Apr 5, 2013 1:38 AM
Apr 2012
MrNeet said:
> Team scores the worst
> Chosen to ride the mecha

What is he planning to do?

Their instructor said they are good pilots individually but are known as the fail five because their teamwork is horrible. Also didn't you see that grin on the masked man's face at the end? A clear case of 'just as planned'.
Apr 5, 2013 1:46 AM

Apr 2011
A cast with different personalities, funny yet serious, great action/production values, and fanservice. YES!
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Apr 5, 2013 2:06 AM

Jun 2010
I'm not really into Mecha. I dislike the art and the characters are not really appealing for me. So yeah,,, I am not a Gundam fan.

This is not simply my cup of tea. Hope everybody who likes this kind of Anime enjoys it.

Dropped
Apr 5, 2013 2:25 AM

Jul 2009
The mecha looks cool and shiny, there are humor too, I like the art, characters look fine to me....so overall I think I'm going to watch it (as expected) ...but wow a Dogakobo work that I don't start hatе from first sight is surprise xD
yurkinApr 5, 2013 2:32 AM
Apr 5, 2013 2:30 AM

Sep 2011
Am I the only one that actually enjoyed the episode? So much hate for a first episode and people dropping. The soundtrack fit so well at the end. Slow start but I can see this getting a bit better.
TyrelApr 5, 2013 2:34 AM
Apr 5, 2013 4:14 AM

Mar 2009
Hisashi Hirai character designs? NOPE. I'm outta here.

Not even worth watching for the mechanic with the big breasts.
Apr 5, 2013 4:18 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
I don't think it will be lighthearted all the way. They have updated the mood and characters to the current popular style but I believe at its core they have a serious story to tell. Well, they have 2 cour to do it - plenty of time...

Mecha action is good but I still find the character design difficult to like.

Not much of explanation about what they are fighting - we don't even know what the enemy is talking about....

Still unsure why it is picked by fans in Japan as the mecha anime most likely to sell the most this season (beating Valvrave and Gargantia).

Odd, I thought the character designs were really oldskool. I didn't like them and while I think I may enjoy the rest of the show enough to watch it I think the import chance for me is 0% with those CDs.

Jmal posted that currently it is behind expectations of Valvrave and Gargantia on 2ch:

Averg Median
20393 20000 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S
17284 18000 Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.
17984 14000 Kakumeiki Valvrave
12796 13000 Uta no Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000%
12515 *9000 Suisei no Gargantia
10229 *8000 Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
*8203 *7000 Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=112229&page=19

Tyrel said:
Am I the only one that actually enjoyed the episode? So much hate for a first episode and people dropping. The soundtrack fit so well at the end. Slow start but I can see this getting a bit better.

The oldskool character designs were off putting at first but by the end of the first episode I was almost able to look past them. I enjoyed the story and the music and the space mecha fights brought back good memories of Macross. I am looking forward to the next episode.

Not sure it is something I could import given the character designs but I could see myself watching this one through and enjoying it to the end. Certainly going to give it a good 3 episodes at least!
hpulleyApr 5, 2013 4:23 AM
Apr 5, 2013 4:28 AM
Oct 2010
I like mecha but the character designs are just awful. I doubt I can sit through this.
Apr 5, 2013 4:43 AM

Apr 2009
It was ok but the gundam like stuff thats happening from almost the seed like character designs is just not going over well with me. Things are a little cheesy. The action saves it tho. I like the mecha designs too. Overall this is had a not so good impression on me. Easily the worst debut of the shows ive watched this season so far.
DreddApr 5, 2013 5:09 AM
Apr 5, 2013 4:57 AM

Dec 2009
There's too much hate on first episode. Did you guys checked who made the manga and character design? GetBackers and the Design is Hero Age, GSeed, S-cryed etc.

Give it a chance.
Apr 5, 2013 5:11 AM

Oct 2012
Lame humor and just generic all around. I may watch a couple more episodes to give it another chance. Otherwise.. dropepd

Apr 5, 2013 6:42 AM

Sep 2011
hpulley said:

Tyrel said:

The oldskool character designs were off putting at first but by the end of the first episode I was almost able to look past them. I enjoyed the story and the music and the space mecha fights brought back good memories of Macross. I am looking forward to the next episode.

Not sure it is something I could import given the character designs but I could see myself watching this one through and enjoying it to the end. Certainly going to give it a good 3 episodes at least!

Yeah the character designs were pretty bad which I agree with, but go compare this to Aku no Hana. Your eye sockets will bleed.
Apr 5, 2013 6:59 AM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
hpulley said:

Tyrel said:

Yeah the character designs were pretty bad which I agree with, but go compare this to Aku no Hana. Your eye sockets will bleed.

Aku no Hana is worse? Don't tell me that... I am waiting for the Crunchyroll Monday simulcast. And am looking forward to it, or I was... :(

Edit... Saw some screen shots... Oi...
hpulleyApr 5, 2013 7:11 AM
Apr 5, 2013 7:19 AM

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
Tyrel said:
hpulley said:

Tyrel said:

Aku no Hana is worse? Don't tell me that... I am waiting for the Crunchyroll Monday simulcast. And am looking forward to it, or I was... :(

Edit... Saw some screen shots... Oi...

Oi is right D:.
Apr 5, 2013 7:59 AM

Jan 2012
speechless @@
Apr 5, 2013 8:47 AM

May 2012
Eh....the fights, the banter, the everything about this show just didn't seem to stand out to me. I wasn't laughing at barely anything that happened, I think the weird everyone's a tsukkomi atmosphere was ruining it for me...And the fight scene at the end, while it had nice music, just felt...uninspired.

It didn't really have anything to make me dislike it, but it didn't really have anything to make me like it. I'll give it a couple more episodes and see where it goes. Hopefully they amp up the comedy, or at least make the characters more interesting.
EDIT
Just to note: I'm not into Mecha shows really.
vampkoApr 5, 2013 8:51 AM
Apr 5, 2013 8:52 AM

Feb 2008
Quite a weak start. The characters weren't interesting at all. And the choice to give brand new mechs to the worst team was just stupid, no matter how good they are individually. It's one thing if they "accidentally" end up piloting them, but officers giving OP mechs to newbies was just dumb. Sure, it's not as cliche as accidentally finding a strong mech, but still doesn't mean it's good haha. Also dem Hirai faces.

Too bad no OP/ED this week. Looking forward to the next episode.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 5, 2013 9:36 AM

Mar 2011
One of my friends pointed out that maybe it's an intentional satire/pastiche of the genre. If that's the intent, it was a weak start but might still work. I guess I'll join the legions watching one or two more to see how it goes.
Apr 5, 2013 10:04 AM

Jul 2011
I was pleasantly surprised by this anime to say the least. I didn't plan on watching it, but I decided to give it a chance and loved it. :)
Apr 5, 2013 10:08 AM

Mar 2013
JerichoxBarrons said:
I was pleasantly surprised by this anime to say the least. I didn't plan on watching it, but I decided to give it a chance and loved it. :)

I agree. This was not on my radar at all, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Like other people have already said, I believe that these "newbies" were sent into combat with these expensive one-of-a-kind suits to prove a point of how effective that DNA-sync system (Juria or something? The name escapes me..) is. I'm sure it'll end up in the wrong hands.
Apr 5, 2013 10:58 AM

Aug 2012
That was a lame start... And it felt a bit unserious :/

It was just the first ep tho, so I will continue to watch it~
Apr 5, 2013 12:18 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm I have mixed feelings on this show, Might be one of the better mecha based shows I've seen or just "meh". The whole Teenager thing wasn't an issue for me given pretty much ALL of these animes are like that, but I don't like the mix of art styles I'm seeing. Still need to watch a couple more eps to see how it will hold up :-/
Apr 5, 2013 12:47 PM
Aug 2011
Alien -> Actual Alien Language.

Very enjoyable for me. I'm liking all the characters so far too.

Haven't seen a mecha series in a while, so I'll just stick with this to the end, hope it stays good and not that it doesn't become a chore.

5/5 - CGI = Good
Apr 5, 2013 2:46 PM

Oct 2011
eminagnam said:
Seeing the title, I had expected something serious. But after watching the first three mins, I dropped the series. Mecha with a cheesy comedy is not my taste.

Same.
Apr 5, 2013 2:59 PM
Aug 2012
I don't know why so much complain is about. Enjoyed the first episode a lot. Characters are fun especially with their comebacks........a bit cheesy but still likable. The mecha action was good......it's been some time since i some saw high-paced action like this.

Personally i am just glad they are giving us some decent mecha animes.......the mecha animes that came out recently were just god damn awful. Aquarion Evol was pure shit, Eureka Seven AO started well but was rushed in the end, Rinne no Lagrange and Vividred Operations were just full of moe,yuri, fanservice etc.

I think i will enjoy this one along with Valvrave and Sousei no Gargantia(the one by Urobachi). As a mecha fan, i am looking forwards to this season.

Apr 5, 2013 4:09 PM

Aug 2012
Tyrel said:
The soundtrack fit so well at the end. Slow start but I can see this getting a bit better.

I'll grant you that, the insert at the end was pretty damn good.
Apr 5, 2013 5:54 PM

Nov 2012
Don't know what to expect from Majestic Prince since I've never watched a mecha anime before.I've heard about Neon Genesis Evangelion and how it considered the greatest anime ever & seen a little of Eureka 7 from an amv & I think I might have too high exceptions for Majestic Prince.

First half seemed uninteresting,and their distraction/battle for the people to evacuate was alright but I was still somewhat uninterested.But the last few minutes drew me back & got me interested when Izuru was conflicted on whether to run away or fight & then he went full force & took out all those space ships by himself (loved the song playing during that scene).

Definitely gonna keep watching,I'll give this 4-6 more episodes.
Apr 5, 2013 6:59 PM

Nov 2007
The first episode... really made me want to re-read Ender's Game... huh
But woo I'll be watching more of it!
Apr 5, 2013 7:32 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
xochandaox said:
The first episode... really made me want to re-read Ender's Game... huh
But woo I'll be watching more of it!
Actually, now that you mention it, an anime of Ender's Game sounds interesting.
Apr 5, 2013 8:22 PM

Feb 2012
lalomartins said:
One of my friends pointed out that maybe it's an intentional satire/pastiche of the genre. If that's the intent, it was a weak start but might still work. I guess I'll join the legions watching one or two more to see how it goes.

"Lets make a choppy episode and call it a satire of the genre". Brilliant.

Godmars or G Gundam are way more fun than this, intentionally or not.
Apr 5, 2013 8:34 PM

Jan 2012
It would be better if the character were less annoying, but i did like the fighting and animation for it, gave my the chills when he soloed an army, LOL
I did feel it was a bit too fast, and the characters were just done really badly,those guys act like 10 year old who just randomly seemed to master to work the machine on their first try.
Apr 5, 2013 9:19 PM
Oct 2010
me gusta. havent seen any mecha in a while so i think thats what ill be watching most this seeason. this series included
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 5, 2013 11:17 PM

Sep 2012
While I do like the mecha anime, I find it difficult to appreciate the art work. The character designs seem unorthodox imo. Plus the characters don't even seemed worried at all, like it's all fun and games. I hope this 'lightheartedness' goes away in the next few eps.

I also like the mech fights, but I'd rather have it done without the CGI. I liked it animated thoroughly, just my little pet peeve. Other then that the series sure has gotten to me. Hopefully this keeps up, the first episode pulled me in.
Apr 5, 2013 11:54 PM

Nov 2012
Mecha isn't really my favorite genre of anime, but I really enjoyed this one.

The character design seemed done half-heartedly, but not outright ugly. The mecha design, well some of the are pretty unusual. But hey, there's always first time for everything.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 6, 2013 12:55 AM

Jul 2012
Damn, those animations and that space battle really makes me pumped. Looking forward to the next episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 6, 2013 3:00 AM

Aug 2011
I really liked this. I'm not much of a mecha fan but this was nice.
Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 6, 2013 5:02 AM

Oct 2012
The ep was boring imo. I kept losing attention. So basically it's a bunch of noobs getting up the level.
The action and mech designs were sweet! however the character design was poor. It's just glossy.

2.5/5
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 6, 2013 6:02 AM

Aug 2010
ah, well

I dislike the character design, but the meache and ship design (human ships. the aliens are green spaceblobs).

The story is.... well. Not quite believable.
First they put the infamous "zannen 5" into state of the art high tech mecha. I'd be willing to let that slip if they went through with my personal thinking: They used them as costly cannon fodder and fully expecting them buy the 30 minutes with their lives.

But in the fight, they suddenly turn from solofighting egomaniacs into a fighting force, rpoceed to mop up an entire fleet where the much bigger military vessels failed. and then, as if that wasn't enough already, they continue their curb-stomp-battle until the enemy retreats. Talk about overpowered.

On a side note: evacuating military personnel but leaving civilians there? I dunno what world they live in, but in our world, the commanding officer who gave that order would never hear the end of. He'd fit into a SMALL pillbox after the press was done with him.
That is, if he isn't court-martialed in the first place.

Not dropping it yet, but this show is now on strike 1. this ep: 2/5

PS: I hate it when shows use destroyers, frigates and even battleships that basically should be able to do at least a bit of damage as expensive fireworks. I mean, in those cases their only use is to blow up 30s into the fight to show how serious this is so the commander can use his batphone to call in the save-the-day-squad
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 6, 2013 6:38 AM
Feb 2013
Whoa, this anime's plot is a bit retro.
Apr 6, 2013 8:26 AM

Oct 2011
The art is seriously going to take some getting use to.Other than that I say it was a pretty good 1st impression.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Apr 6, 2013 8:34 AM

Mar 2011
It's funny to read people completely destroying the anime and then giving it a 2. You guys are too nice. What does it take for you to give a 1?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

121 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

30 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

59 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.