3 out of 5: It was OK

1 11.11%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 9

Apr 3, 2013 9:19 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow I wasn't expecting that at all. so sad, I wanted Psyduck to evolve :/

Jan 31, 2015 5:51 PM

Good episode, I saw the twist coming though.

Jul 28, 2015 9:14 PM

According to my list the 93th episode is the" Navel Maneuvers" and that's what i'm commenting on.

And boy do i have thinks to say about it.

First of all the whole test to climb up the mountain must have been ploy to indirectly murder people for pokemon's.

But those that actually do make through his trial have to compete in this three stage competition where the gym leader has the major advantage. The guy must have really poor self confidence because only way he feels good about himself is when he beats little kids in unfair competition.

And why is the competition unfair you ask? Well he ask's the trainers compete on contests that he himself has probably done thousand times. During sculpting phase for instance they were sculpting a sculpture of the leader's choice.

How many times do you think that his pokemons have done that same exact mold? How unfair is it that his pokemons know exactly what they need to do right from the start and the gym leader doesn't have to lift his fucking finger. On a fair competition the challenger would have been the one who chooses the subject but no.

And considering these facts i'm willing to believe that the sleazebag gym leader was genuinely coming on to Misty which probably makes him a pedofile.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that even the pokemon of the episode was Exeggcute as in "execute those trainers"
Modified by Kuruwin, Oct 26, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 6, 2015 6:14 AM

Those guys can't evolve shit.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai

Oct 19, 2017 5:20 AM

Misty you hack, you can't even tell who your pokemon are.