Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 5, 2013 11:39 AM

Jun 2009
So, okay. I will watch next episode, I don't like to drop anime after only one and I'm curious what will happen next. However, this ep seemed so long to me...
Seiyuu for Iwai and Kiri are just perfect.
Iwai is pretty, but I prefer her with short hair. I wonder how much weight did she lost after cutting her hair.
It was nice but kinda strange episode.
3/5
I like pancakes.
Apr 5, 2013 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
Nice first episode,bit weird anime if you ask me wounder what will see next.
Apr 5, 2013 12:34 PM

Oct 2012
This show seems like it'll be interesting. Not something I was really expecting. This Spring season looks a lot more promising than the Winter season was!
Apr 5, 2013 1:05 PM

Oct 2012
hmm...I don't see why there's such a low score for this one already, it was a pretty entertaining first episode to me :/ I also liked the ending song there. It was pretty nice :)

The first thing that crossed my mind after watching about 5 minutes of the show was: THAT GUY HAS A HAIR FETISH.

I'll probably try and watch this to the end, but I hope the weird Killing Tools and the Organization won't end up being some comedy joke.

Apr 5, 2013 1:36 PM

Jun 2009
Dude's a total pervert man.... The way he rub her hair and all that... Creepy...

Otherwise, this is... Actually pretty good, would've even worked as a very symbolic standalone OVA anime.

I'm interested in this show.

This episode alone is very good, hopefully it won't go stupid like Mirai Nikki
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2013 4:31 PM

Jan 2013
Guy loves to be punched by girls. Ok.
Guy trying to get into his sisters pantys. Totally ok.
Guy with a little hair obsession. Creepy?

I love this thread. Its like everytime a hentai doujinshi with cousins pop out. Brother and sister are totally ok, but if they're cousins, everyon discusses, wether this is even legal.

I loved this episode. It was cute and its a great change to actually see a male protagonist beeing so proactive in matters of love without making a monkey out of himself or getting tsundered by the girl. Also it promises great fights between those with goods.
Apr 5, 2013 5:38 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Frontalbrise said:

I love this thread. Its like everytime a hentai doujinshi with cousins pop out. Brother and sister are totally ok, but if they're cousins, everyon discusses, wether this is even legal.
Sometimes these forums are more fun to watch than the shows ;)
Apr 5, 2013 5:40 PM

Jun 2009
Frontalbrise said:

These are all creepy in their own ways.
It's call a fetish for a reason.

Though I gatha say, I found this surprisingly... cute...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2013 6:12 PM

Oct 2012
wow. Was better than I expected.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 5, 2013 6:45 PM

Apr 2010
Not bad. Was really expecting some of the actions.. guess it'll be around in the next episodes.
Apr 5, 2013 8:19 PM

Jul 2009
that was one of the strangest sex scenes I've ever seen
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 5, 2013 8:36 PM

Nov 2012
Reminds me of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun in how it felt like the anime could have ended just on the first episode. Except for that last 10 seconds of foreshadowing. Well, I'll stick around for ep 2 atleast~
Apr 5, 2013 11:22 PM

Jun 2012
Frontalbrise said:

I loved this episode. It was cute and its a great change to actually see a male protagonist beeing so proactive in matters of love without making a monkey out of himself or getting tsundered by the girl. Also it promises great fights between those with goods.

I think you are kind of missing the point here.

I may be alone here but its not the fetish in and of itself that is the entire problem (although it certainly is weird). What's even more disturbing is the male protagonist doesn't seem to realize that he has a problem, doesn't seem to fully realize that what he is doing is not socially acceptable.

He is detached from reality, more akin to a villain than a protagonist and I think the show has chosen to present him that way for a reason but obviously we will see in the later episodes. Look at the way he interacted with the grandpa: the anger outburst. That, although it could be uninspired directing, is a sign that the MC is a bit unhinged and not a normal male protagonist.

Even if he was a normal MC, a hair-cutting fetish is really hard to build an anime around. Since this is an anime about serial killers, it wouldn't surprise me if the MC had a "cutting fetish" in general, being tempted to cut human flesh instead of just human hair.

Then again, it may just be the tepid and inconsistent directing of the first episode. My point is that the MC hasn't been portrayed as a likeable and stable guy so far and he could go either way. We will see in the future episodes,
shigeru212Apr 5, 2013 11:27 PM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 6, 2013 12:04 AM

Dec 2012
I loved this episode. At first I thought it would be kinda strange and stuff, but then I actually watched it. It was very cute in a weird way. I look forward to more.
Apr 6, 2013 3:13 AM

Jun 2011
WTH! I don't even...my reaction throughout the EP.

Apr 6, 2013 5:53 AM

Nov 2012
After seeing Mysterious Girlfriend X, I think I seen all the strange when it comes to fetishes. So when it comes down to that hair fetish, its all good with me.

Really love the character bonding between Kiri and Iwai, was like I was watching the end because of how quickly their relationship escalated. Have nothin' to say yet for the rest of the cast, besides Yamane being the most disturbing with her needle tool.

The animation was brilliant. Brilliant by making each scene even more touching or more disturbing. Can't judge the music just yet.

Really can't wait for the next episode! :3
Apr 6, 2013 7:43 AM

Dec 2012
that was so weird, wow. i don't even have an opinion about that episode. it was just so weird and that actually made it kind of interesting, i guess. idek. i really have to watch more episodes to form an opinion.

Cratex said:
Frontalbrise said:

i totally gree with you two.
but come on, you have to admit that it's a bit odd to see someone who's so obsessed with hair that he nearly gets an orgasm by just touching this girl's hair.
Apr 6, 2013 9:04 AM

Dec 2008
Alot of people are creeped out by the MC's hair fetish but I feel like its really funny and I think It will turn into a nice romance with alot of horror and action (the girls saying they killed imai's dad and stuff"
Apr 6, 2013 9:13 AM

Oct 2011
A battle between a scissor and a syringe next time should be interesting to watch!!
Signature
Apr 6, 2013 9:44 AM
Sep 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Long hairs my fetish.
Apr 6, 2013 10:23 AM

Aug 2011
Interesting! When the MC arrived at the house and the music started playing, I was instantly hooked. I found the idea of the cursed hair and the killing tools very intriguing. It has a sweet vibe to it while also being unnerving and dark. Most of all, I really liked the music and the song at the end. Better than expected start, will be keeping an eye on this one.
Apr 6, 2013 10:54 AM

Feb 2009
FlamingYu said:
Cuticle Detective Inaba should be in this!!

My thought exactly.
Apr 6, 2013 11:34 AM
Jan 2013
Did I just hear Gin?
Apr 6, 2013 1:10 PM

Sep 2012
All I can say that it was a pretty weird but good episode.
Apr 6, 2013 1:24 PM

Jun 2011
Lol couldn't stop laughing when he was stroking Iwai's head.

This has got the C3 feel to it and the animation looks somewhat the same too
Apr 6, 2013 3:34 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
hiabara said:
that was so weird, wow. i don't even have an opinion about that episode. it was just so weird and that actually made it kind of interesting, i guess. idek. i really have to watch more episodes to form an opinion.

Cratex said:
Frontalbrise said:

i totally gree with you two.
but come on, you have to admit that it's a bit odd to see someone who's so obsessed with hair that he nearly gets an orgasm by just touching this girl's hair.

Many years ago, when my (then) wife and I were visiting her parents, I had stopped at a local game store and picked up a new board wargame (one of my obsessionshobbies). As my mother in law and (then) wife were sitting at the dinning room table I took out my game, opened the box and started looking at the contents (maps, counters and thick rule book). My mother in law looked to her daughter said "don't you wish he looked at you that way?"

(I actually miss my mother in law sometimes)
Apr 6, 2013 4:15 PM

Mar 2013
I really like the art and Iwai is so cute :3
Yay! Kiri was able to cut her hair
Killing Good Owners....
Anyways, good episode and hopefully this beats my expectations :D
Apr 6, 2013 6:15 PM
Sep 2011
This show has so much potential, it could end up being the next Mirai Nikki. However it could end up going completely to crap. I guess only time will tell.
Apr 6, 2013 6:43 PM

Feb 2012
Wah....i don't know. The constant borderline-ecstasy expressions bothered me, but this seems interesting enough so i'll give it a few more episodes.
Apr 6, 2013 10:18 PM

Feb 2009
WTF did I just watch? I have no idea what to think right now. This was one of the most bizarre anime I've seen in a long time.
Apr 7, 2013 3:46 AM

Jun 2010
Well... this is where I go "Dafuq did I just watch?"

What the hell is with that SHIT story telling?

I mean, seriously? I don't know what is up with this Anime.

I guess I'll see the next episode before I decide if I'm gonna drop it.
Apr 7, 2013 6:43 AM
May 2012
That was quite touching, her hair was finally cut, so what's next? seems interesting to see this till the very end.
Apr 7, 2013 7:36 AM

Apr 2008
I felt bad watching this. All the characters feel off and not just because they're probably psychos. The reactions and wordings and focuses throughout are just bizarre. I guess it's from trying to force out a completely nonsense setup in one episode. Might stick with it just because it looks like it's going to dive headfirst into a completely different action series from here, but I don't really want to.
Apr 7, 2013 9:34 AM

Jun 2009
Dropped before the episode was even half way finished.

I mean I like hair but that was just 2farbro.
Apr 7, 2013 10:15 AM

Nov 2007
This is the most random and nonsensical plot.

Oh hey a weird guy with scissors outside my house. Let's invite him in. OH WOW HE WANTS TO CUT MY HAIR. NOT CREEPY OR WEIRD AT ALL.

PLEASE KILL MY CURSED HAIR.

Oh wow there was a murderer in my! For some reason my family kept his murder weapon and now I can cut cursed hair!

Really?
Apr 7, 2013 11:05 AM

Sep 2009
Ehh? What did i just watched? so many happened in just first episode. i'm not motivated at all or even thrilled :/
Apr 7, 2013 11:49 AM

May 2010
I have to admit my feelings for the starting episode is mixed. The heroine's caregivers are killers, I think. And now that Kiri just cut her hair, a whole mix of action is coming up I think? It's confusing and I wasn't pleased about that. Although the setup for the next episode is promising. I'll give it another episode or 2. We should see what this anime's about in the next episode. IT BETTER NOT BE ABOUT CUTTING HAIR >:(

Apr 7, 2013 12:08 PM

Apr 2013
Good first episode. I hope the next episode is just as good if not better.

Also, if the dude loves hair so much why does he cut it? Maybe so he can keep the strands for himself 0_0?
Apr 7, 2013 1:17 PM

Aug 2010
Eh, ill give it a shot. Seems interesting enough.
Apr 7, 2013 2:54 PM
Mar 2012
The whole hair fondling scene was a bit weird... ^^;
I'm not too sure where this series is going with this game thing.
Apr 7, 2013 6:14 PM

Sep 2012
What did I just watch - i don't even.
Apr 7, 2013 6:55 PM

Dec 2008
The heroine reminds me of the female protagonist from my favorite eroge: Devil on a G string.
Apr 8, 2013 5:50 AM
Oct 2007
His fetish would be one that a serial killer would have. I thought that even before they mentioned his ancestor
Apr 8, 2013 9:07 AM

May 2011
I doubt this will be any good, but at least it's not bad. I liked it more than I thought I would at least, but that's with mid-low expectations, lol.
Apr 8, 2013 10:12 AM

Oct 2012
What perverted vision of some freak did I just watched? o_O

Do I really want to watch this? Or is this show made for hair-deviants?

But as much as weird this anime is I have to say that animation was done nicely.
Apr 8, 2013 10:13 AM

Mar 2009
This show needs to stop taking itself so seriously.

I was looking forward to this one, but it ended up disappointing me. I'll give it a few more episodes for now.
Apr 8, 2013 10:52 AM

May 2011
Mormegil said:
This show needs to stop taking itself so seriously.

I don't see why it shouldn't. I mean, really, for this anime to not take itself seriously would make it a polar opposite of what it is now. Not saying this show is good by any means, but I enjoyed it for what it is.
Apr 8, 2013 11:14 AM
Dec 2011
Oook. Can't say I wasn't creeped out a little by this. Though the previews look promising.
Apr 8, 2013 1:17 PM

Oct 2007
Ok, it seems like we are going to have a game soon. Since the Scissor is already appeared then I guess the other "TWO" must also be in the game too right? I hope I am not the one who is thinking too much here :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 8, 2013 1:42 PM

Jun 2011
Good lord, first GJ-Bu goes on it's little tangent, and now a whole anime about love and hair? Just how sensual can grooming hair be?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» It took me over a year to finish...

Kiryotsu - Nov 3, 2023

2 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2013

63 by DerKaisern »»
Jul 31, 2023 1:03 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2013

164 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:14 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2013

94 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:16 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2013

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.