Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 8, 2013 4:06 PM

Jul 2010
Wow that was certainly something... different. I'm hesistant to watch the rest of the season, why does it even need the other 12 episodes? It seems pretty much finished, except for maybe some background info on the 2 creeps and the whole curse thing.

I just can't imagine the plot stretching enough to keep me entertained another 12 episodes, if it were 11 episodes in total (with then 10 left) it might've been better. Anyway I'm very curious what will happen from now one since well, her hair got cut and they seem to be pretty close already.
What kind of foe/enemy CAN show up in a setting like this? Someone who's bald? Most likely it'll be someone with anther Killing Goods (or what was it called) but yeah, how are they supposed to "fight"?... I have absolutely no idea but I am interested :)
Apr 8, 2013 8:42 PM

May 2010
i kinda skipped this anime for a while cause i didn't know what to expect...

it's good though, a guy and girl who seem to both be cursed by something find each other and will now be trying to save themselves from whatever's in store. sounds like a btoom and mirai nikki with a little more of a softer touch in romance if anything. not bad but i do hope they make the drama good and entertaining.
Apr 9, 2013 7:42 AM

Apr 2009
"You're the first one to 'kill' me!"

They met. And so it begins. A pretty faithful first episode, I'd say. I quite liked the color they gave to Iwai's eyes. Several unfamiliar names among the voice cast. I thought they did pretty well for this ep, so it's good they got a chance to land roles here. Looking forward to the adaptation of the next chapters.
Apr 9, 2013 9:30 AM

Jun 2011
Whoa, this is creepy. Not oh-I'm-scared creepy, but wtf-are-they-doing creepy. Will watch the next episode to see if I'll come to like it, but I'm very close to dropping it on the spot.
Apr 9, 2013 10:01 AM

Sep 2012
shigeru212 said:
I may be alone here but its not the fetish in and of itself that is the entire problem (although it certainly is weird). What's even more disturbing is the male protagonist doesn't seem to realize that he has a problem, doesn't seem to fully realize that what he is doing is not socially acceptable.

He is detached from reality, more akin to a villain than a protagonist and I think the show has chosen to present him that way for a reason but obviously we will see in the later episodes. Look at the way he interacted with the grandpa: the anger outburst. That, although it could be uninspired directing, is a sign that the MC is a bit unhinged and not a normal male protagonist.
I have a feeling that every character who bears a "killing goods" has some personality or psychology issue. The MC definitely has his hair fetish issue but the girl who wields an injection syringe is far from normal either. So what we have is a bunch of abnormal people, some more psychotic than others, fighting among themselves for a final goal, be it to protect or kill or monitor the long-haired girl. In a sense, it is a bit like Mirai Nikki, and also like Mirai Nikki one of the two protagonists is clearly not normal and often not portrayed as likeable. But it does not stop it from building up to a tense and entertaining manga/anime and get a lot of readers/watchers to like the protagonist at the end.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 9, 2013 2:08 PM
Mar 2013
reading the plot summary from the anime site i watch anime at, this anime is giving off a very intense similarity to Mirrai Nikki in the sense a young boy is throw into a Survival Game after meeting/interacting with a girl, and must now fight for his life to survive through the dark Path that has now been set before him. episode 2 preview is pointing that its gunna get Bloody in episode 2 with their first encounter of other Killing Goods holders. tho i would assume crime edge has a more Stable romance relationship then Mirrai Nikki did. Hope Crime Edge elaborates on the Story behind this game involving the "Hair Queen".
Apr 9, 2013 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
There is so many thing that I hate on this anime, the style, the way they talk, the progress of the story (don't know why he didn't use his scissors at the beginning and why did the girl lend him her scissors why he has one his hand; the reveal that his ancestor is a killer, doesn't seems appealing to me; the killing goods and the killing game at least seems interesting) and the emotions that each character processes. The thing that I like in this anime is its ost (especially the ending).

Gonna drop it for now but might check later on if the score improves after the anime finish.
Apr 9, 2013 5:35 PM

Dec 2011
I dont know... wakaranai...
I spent more than half the time of the episode with a frown on my face...
Its absolutely awkward...
If second episode doesnt put everything together, ill drop it, cuz it could have potential to be good, its just a real bad start
Apr 10, 2013 9:04 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, that was amazing. I loved the art, and the story really appeals to me. I thought the plot was really weird at first, but if it continues to be this way, I think that I will really enjoy this series.
Apr 11, 2013 3:55 AM

Jun 2011
I really liked this episode, it seems to have really interesting story. I can't wait to see more : D
*eating brains*
Apr 11, 2013 8:36 AM
Mar 2012
how high exactly should I be while watching this? because apparently I'm not high enough
Apr 11, 2013 11:50 AM

Apr 2009
The dialogue in this is so full of narm. Or maybe it's the plot. Or both. I'll keep watching in case it gets more interesting.

Whenever she complains about how her hair is uncuttable, I just think about Kara no Kyoukai's Shiki scoffing and using her fingernails to cut it.

Apr 11, 2013 3:12 PM

Mar 2012
This is one odd anime o.O
Apr 11, 2013 5:29 PM

Sep 2012
Wow, that was a...pretty good first episode. I really liked it. Okay, so maybe the way they randomly met and somehow got so close in a number of days for me is strange, but I guess I'll shrug it off...But, oh my gosh. Kiri-chan's hair, she looked so cute when it was long. But now, now that it is cut short, she doesn't look so good imo. I guess I'll have to tolerate it.

The people with the killing goods? They don't annoy me...I guess. But the guy at the end? Woah guy your so random, will see what happens next.
Apr 12, 2013 1:18 AM

Feb 2012
Good start :D
Apr 12, 2013 4:59 AM

Jan 2013
This is soooooo light-novel-esque... I love this, it also reminds me of nisioisin's zaregoto series or ningen series somehow.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 12, 2013 12:30 PM

Jul 2009
What a waste to cut so beautiful long hairs! >_<
Apr 12, 2013 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
Awkward. He's a psycho and they absolutely had platonic sex.
Awkward.
Apr 12, 2013 10:00 PM

Dec 2010
Did I just have feels about someone getting their hair cut? This show is really weird, but I like it so far!
Apr 13, 2013 7:27 AM
Feb 2012
Ooh, I like this show. I like it quite a bit.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 13, 2013 11:40 PM

Oct 2012
Like it, hair-cutting obsession..
Interesting things gonna come later I guess
It's still chara & story intro!!
"Signature removed"
Apr 14, 2013 6:30 PM
Nov 2008
It bothers me that those are thinning shears, not scissors, and they do not work that way. He'd have to have chopped at that one lock of hair at least 10 times before most of it would cut, and it would not be even.

Otherwise I didn't hate this episode and will continue watching.
Apr 16, 2013 6:33 PM

Jul 2010
Scenes were going way too fast, so fast that i almost didnt feel anything.Kinda disappointed with pace...but yeah i will check out 2 more episodes and decide if i should watch more.
Apr 17, 2013 12:17 PM

Jan 2011
Interesting "introduction", nothing really hit me but I guess that this wasn't meant to have impact.
I'm looking forward to the second episode.
crowtree said:
It bothers me that those are thinning shears, not scissors, and they do not work that way. He'd have to have chopped at that one lock of hair at least 10 times before most of it would cut, and it would not be even.

I thought the same, it isn't that distracting for me though, I try not to think about it.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 19, 2013 9:16 PM

Feb 2010
Amarrez said:
But that was some of the worst pacing I've ever seen.
Apr 24, 2013 10:57 PM

May 2008
Now The game Begins...
Also the MC with a pair of scissors right of the bat.....running seems to be a good idea, Now the question is in what way will he use the scissors.... (Bankai?)
**Unless he is good at spinning and cutting i just see the scissors as a basic weapon/tool.
*Remember no running with scissors.*
Apr 25, 2013 6:06 AM

Sep 2011
Is it just me or was the animation for this really choppy?
May 8, 2013 12:22 PM

Oct 2012
FlamingYu said:
Cuticle Detective Inaba should be in this!!

swear to God, I thought the exact same thing when Kiri started talkig about hair xD.

May 9, 2013 1:32 PM

Jun 2008
After brushing teeth we have cutting hair. Anime, creating new fetishes one step at a time.
May 19, 2013 10:57 AM

Mar 2013
Yeah, the whole hair fetish is kinda strange, but I must admit I am intrigued. Will keep watching to see how this develops.
Jun 15, 2013 8:51 PM

May 2013
So, the main character, Kiri Haimura, is a guy who likes cutting hair...
This is further noticed when Kiri not only sniffed, but also touched the main heroine's hair and started blushing and breathing slowly.

The main heroine, Iwai Mushanokouji AKA The Queen Of Hair, likes being touched by the main character. Also, her hair is cursed and cannot be cut.

But all of a sudden, Kiri's scissors, now named Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, can cut Iwai's hair. And they're both happy.

But soon, a killing game has started and they might all die.

The Byouinzaka sisters are mysterious, I like the music, I like the shiny eyes, and that's about it.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jul 1, 2013 9:10 AM
Dec 2012
LOL.
What the heck is up with this anime...it's so weird
Jul 1, 2013 11:56 AM

May 2012
Nagai nagai kami no yuurei.

Katto katto!

So even the weirdo's given name has something to do with 'cut'.

Masa ni unmei no deai da ne.

Hentai to hen na kami.

Kiiringu Guutsu.

That's kinda touching...

Ore wa sonna deai ga hoshii na...
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 6, 2013 9:08 PM

Nov 2012
start to watching last night.. and already like it ! XD
its awesome.. I mean killing with scissor and something like that? yes I like that shit! lol XD

and I never thought if the hair will be cutted this fast :3
Jul 30, 2013 12:36 PM

May 2012
Well didn't they just made the whole anime finished in just this one episode? Hehe probably not but it sure is a nice start but seriously I don't have any idea what the story will hold! The main character sure looks quite cute and does indeed have beautiful hair!
Sep 30, 2013 7:08 PM

Jun 2013
Very interesting first episode to say the least.
Can't say ive ever seen anybody with a hair fetish.
Oct 18, 2013 3:42 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting indeed. Curious to see what happens next......
May 28, 2014 4:44 PM
Feb 2014
he has tare weight per hair ...
Aug 4, 2014 2:16 AM

May 2013
I find the fact the MC's hair fetish amusing; it's just different.

I was cracking up when they started getting hot over getting their hair touched/felt.

Strong first episode.
Aug 12, 2014 3:53 PM

Feb 2013
Hair got cut, show's over.

Oh... 12 more episodes... how...

It had a bit of a romantic-horror vibe.. but the directing style seems shamelessly copied from other works and felt amateur.
Aug 28, 2014 6:24 AM

Feb 2014
Boy with hair fetish. Cursed girl. Some game, "Killing Goods", serial murder. What the hell am I just watched?
My favourite color is blue.

Sep 17, 2014 10:21 PM

Sep 2011
That obsession. I wonder if her hair will suddenly get very long once again.

Nov 29, 2014 6:32 AM

Oct 2013
Wow, this is the first time, where I REALLY asked myself; What the f*ck am I watching? o.O

Character introductions just came outta nowhere and nobody seems to question anything especially that boy. Hmm, but I wont drop it yet. Let's see how this develops.
BurntJelly said:
Hair got cut, show's over.

Oh... 12 more episodes... how...

Thats what I thought too xD I was expecting that in the finals or something.
<3
Apr 24, 2015 11:03 PM

Jul 2008
That was......odd.
Jun 12, 2016 11:09 PM

Mar 2015
When Kiri played Iwai hair, he seemed having sex, LOL.

Killing tools huh? It seems the battle will commence from this onward.

So Kiri ancestor is Grayman?

I kinda knew Kiri scissors to be able to cut her hair.

This show has potential.

3.9/5
May 12, 2017 9:00 PM

Jun 2016
Pretty. Odd. I feel like this show has potential despite the strange concept.
Oct 19, 2017 12:42 PM

Jul 2013
24 minutes just to cut her hair. Ridiculous.
Apr 21, 2021 11:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So you have cursed weapons, cursed things etc, and I guess it's gonna be a death battle between them using their special weapons to fight... well the main girl looks better with short hair like that tbh, it's just weird how MC is obsessed with cutting hair lol
May 1, 2022 10:19 AM
Jan 2016
The whole concept that some people have a hair cut fetish totally bewilders me; perhaps its because I'm the complete opposite; I love super long hair and hate to see it cut. Even setting that aside it just doesn't make much sense and kinda gives off a serial killer-esque vibe (makes me think about an old X-Files episode about a guy who collected hair and fingernail clippings off of dead bodies).

And I suppose the whole show is over now because he cut her hair in the first episode? In the next episode does either our MC lose all interest in her because he's already cut her hair, or does he go even further and insist that he shave her bald?

Goes to show that even for the most ridiculous concepts imaginable, there's an anime out there for it. The guy whose obsessed with haircuts just happens to come across a girl with hair longer than her entire body, whose hair can't be cut, yet he happens to be the one person with magic scissors who can do it? So ridiculous...
Jul 13, 2023 10:17 AM

Dec 2022
Iwai has no security at all. Apparently all entrances to her house are unlocked and easily opened from the outside (including the windows), and killers can freely walk in and out at their leisure. How does she live on her own like this?

Ignoring that detail, I'm interested. Even the main character's hair fetish is feasible, so you can just roll with it.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» It took me over a year to finish...

Kiryotsu - Nov 3, 2023

2 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2013

63 by DerKaisern »»
Jul 31, 2023 1:03 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2013

164 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:14 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2013

94 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:16 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2013

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.