Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 3, 2013 8:05 PM
Mar 2010
Masaki's BA moment and that Aizen face.

So Ichigo's birth wasn't his plan.
Apr 3, 2013 8:08 PM

Mar 2009
kizu-kun said:
amenboy972 said:
SleepnDreamn said:

I find it strange that the hollow didn't slash or stab Masaki. He also could have easily avoid that last attack with it's speed. Masaki just hugged him and shot him point blank. What kind of hax powers does She have?

Exactly that I think. The end of the chapter is very lame.... And ridiculous.
It was a pretty wack ending. Its kinda hard to tell from the frame but she didn't hug him she let the hollow bite down on her arm then she shot him. She probably used blut vein to keep the hollow from biting all the way through her arm or something.

She patted his head :D Motherly nature kicked in. If Whitey is as as pure as I think he is then Masaki found his weakness and used it to create opening. Biting Masaki clouded Whiety's mind (Isshin blood burns so maybe Masaki blood can paralyse those that get in contact with it).

Reason why Ichigo had hollow powers, fullbring and quincy powers could come from Masaki blood invading that hollow powers. It doesn't explain how he got Shinigami power similar to Isshin unless Whitey is designed of Kaien.

Waiting whole week or longer to get the right explanation is killing me T_T

Whitey and Wonderwice may have few things in common.
Apr 3, 2013 9:04 PM
Feb 2013
Finally! Kubo's giving some info about this. Now all he has to do is explain how a an entity that technically doesnt have a physical body had a child with a human.
Anyway, ichigo's mom is a badass. Wasn't expecting that
Apr 4, 2013 1:43 AM

Jul 2011
I wanna to see Aizen's purpose in the next chapter. Isshin made a big mistake when he screamed "who are you !?" "where are you hiding !?" "come out !!"
So Aizen, Kaname and Gin are going to try to kill Masaki and Isshin but I'm sure Kisuke, Tessai and Yourichi are going to stop them.

SleepnDreamn said:
kizu-kun said:
amenboy972 said:
SleepnDreamn said:

I find it strange that the hollow didn't slash or stab Masaki. He also could have easily avoid that last attack with it's speed. Masaki just hugged him and shot him point blank. What kind of hax powers does She have?

It was a pretty wack ending. Its kinda hard to tell from the frame but she didn't hug him she let the hollow bite down on her arm then she shot him. She probably used blut vein to keep the hollow from biting all the way through her arm or something.

She patted his head :D Motherly nature kicked in. If Whitey is as as pure as I think he is then Masaki found his weakness and used it to create opening. Biting Masaki clouded Whiety's mind (Isshin blood burns so maybe Masaki blood can paralyse those that get in contact with it).

Reason why Ichigo had hollow powers, fullbring and quincy powers could come from Masaki blood invading that hollow powers. It doesn't explain how he got Shinigami power similar to Isshin unless Whitey is designed of Kaien.

Of course Kubo is going to give use explanation on the way that Masaki killed this hollow, but I think that hollow could easily cut her with it arm. So how could she guess the intentions of the hollow. Maybe the hollow was excited like Aizen, but it's lame.

No Whitey looks like Yylfordt Granz (Szayelapporo Granz's brother)
Apr 4, 2013 1:54 AM
Mar 2009
Lol.

Ichigo was definitely Aizen's experiment, test-tube baby. Bringing Isshin and Masaki together, letting Masaki live and the hollow biting her, and allowing Ichigo to nurture in the future?

Aizen, you sly dawg.
Apr 4, 2013 4:55 AM

Mar 2009
amenboy972 said:
I wanna to see Aizen's purpose in the next chapter. Isshin made a big mistake when he screamed "who are you !?" "where are you hiding !?" "come out !!"
So Aizen, Kaname and Gin are going to try to kill Masaki and Isshin but I'm sure Kisuke, Tessai and Yourichi are going to stop them.

SleepnDreamn said:
kizu-kun said:
amenboy972 said:
SleepnDreamn said:

Of course Kubo is going to give use explanation on the way that Masaki killed this hollow, but I think that hollow could easily cut her with it arm. So how could she guess the intentions of the hollow. Maybe the hollow was excited like Aizen, but it's lame.

No Whitey looks like Yylfordt Granz (Szayelapporo Granz's brother)

Comparing Whitey and Wonderwice I was thinking more about their child like mentality not how they looked. Wonderwice was retarded cause Aizen made him that way just so he could contain Yamamoto flames. Whitey seems normal but reacts violent to everyone.
SleepnDreamnApr 4, 2013 5:01 AM
Apr 4, 2013 4:57 AM
Jul 2012
Kanic said:
We actually had an action sequence with normal sized panels. Good chapter, though nothing incredibly shocking about "white's" nature so far.

PS:That last panel made me realise that Orihime's kids will be fullbringers as well.

Pretty sure that only happens when they are pregnant.

Fai makes a good point. No one would forget when their wife died. Freudian slip? She didnt die right away it seems. Kubo did mention that Masaki may not have died when it was implied she did.
Apr 4, 2013 6:41 AM

Jul 2011
SleepnDreamn said:

Comparing Whitey and Wonderwice I was thinking more about their child like mentality not how they looked. Wonderwice was retarded cause Aizen made him that way just so he could contain Yamamoto flames. Whitey seems normal but reacts violent to everyone.

Wonderwice acted like a brainless character but he showed some emotions : affection for Kaname and he was unhappy when Mashiro killed the giant Hollow with one eye. This black hollow was different it acted by instinct like a wild animal, it's why it avoided the Masaki's arrows.This black hollow wasn't even a menos because it didn't talk.
Apr 4, 2013 8:15 AM

May 2011
Fai said:
AWESOME CHAPTER.

Kubo continues to deliver strong and awesome female characters.

Also no this does not explain ichigo's power yet, BUT - it DOES explain on why he had a fullbring.

Hopefully we are getting close towards getting explanation for this foreshadowing:

Ah.. nice catch!

Kubo planted a seed all the way back then... wow. Looking forward to find out what 10 years/6 years really means.
Apr 4, 2013 10:46 AM
Jul 2012
amenboy972 said:
SleepnDreamn said:

Wonderwice acted like a brainless character but he showed some emotions : affection for Kaname and he was unhappy when Mashiro killed the giant Hollow with one eye. This black hollow was different it acted by instinct like a wild animal, it's why it avoided the Masaki's arrows.This black hollow wasn't even a menos because it didn't talk.

He wasn't acting, he was brainless. During the fight with yamamoto, aizen explains that everything but the power necessary to contain the flames was discarded. Speech, logic, reasoning, feelings, etc. He was basically an extremely powerful 'zombie' with one mission.
Apr 4, 2013 10:52 AM
Apr 2012
I don't think that small attack was enough to kill that thing...

I really don't think that one bite was enough to give her hollow traits...

I definitely don't think juha bach will be ichigo's father...
Just give me a hammer, a tractor tire and a frozen bag of peas and watch me destroy the world...
Apr 4, 2013 10:54 AM

Dec 2009
damn, Ichigo's mom is tough! ... I wonder how her and his dad are going to fall in love?
Apr 4, 2013 2:18 PM

Jul 2011
Just-some-guy said:
I don't think that small attack was enough to kill that thing...

I really don't think that one bite was enough to give her hollow traits...

I definitely don't think juha bach will be ichigo's father...

Normally when the head of the hollow is destroyed, the hollow is dead.
Masaki certainly has spiritual particules of the hollow in her left shoulder.
And I'm sure Juha Bach is Ichigo's father.
Apr 4, 2013 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
Inarius said:
lel, Aizen came upon seeing a quincy girl :))

so I'm guessing some dna from that hollow thing get's mixed with Misaki's blood and that's how that hollow get's passed down to Ichigo

maybe your right I just was thinking that too..haha
Apr 4, 2013 10:25 PM

Mar 2011
amenboy972 said:
For now we know how Ichigo got his hollow powers but we don't know how he got his shinigami power.
Wouldn't he have been born with them?
amenboy972 said:
And I'm sure Juha Bach is Ichigo's father.
How did you come to that conclusion?
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Apr 5, 2013 12:12 AM

Mar 2009
Fai said:
AWESOME CHAPTER.

Kubo continues to deliver strong and awesome female characters.

Also no this does not explain ichigo's power yet, BUT - it DOES explain on why he had a fullbring.

Hopefully we are getting close towards getting explanation for this foreshadowing:

Would that mean that Masaki was already dead for four years when Grand Fisher lured little Ichigo? Her spirit was bound to gigai provided by Urahara. What died that rainy day was Masaki gigai and Grand Fisher ate her spirit.
SleepnDreamnApr 5, 2013 12:23 AM
Apr 5, 2013 1:06 AM
Jun 2011
and i thought all this time that the mother of ichigo was a pure human being w/o any ability. never know that she was a quincy until today. as i remembered, she was killed by a hollow. in that case, she probably lost or they seal her ability and same with ishin. that make sense.
never read the starting chapter of the final arc except this one. so im totally lost.
aKn1_g20Apr 5, 2013 1:24 AM
Apr 5, 2013 8:30 AM

Nov 2012
i dont get how ishhin had trouble fighting and she 1 hits lol
Apr 5, 2013 8:44 AM

Sep 2008
amenboy972 said:
SleepnDreamn said:

Wonderweiss was drawn to Tosen because they were both pure. The big giant i don't know
Apr 6, 2013 11:08 AM

Dec 2012
1. The hollow must be either Kaien( unlikely becasue he was a third seat and he shouldnt be that powerful.

2. It could be that Tenth Divison captain before Isshin that died in combat, He could have be isshin brother anf it would explain why his blades look like zangetsu.

and Masaki sooo BADASS

Apr 6, 2013 2:35 PM

Sep 2012
Masaki is indeed awesome, she got stabbed by the hollow and that causes Ichigo to be a Fullbringer and maybe some part of the soul(s) stayed within Masaki, giving the mix of a Quincy,Shinigami,Fullbringer and Hollow, being passed to Ichigo.
Alcyone. Electra. Maia. Taygeta. Calaeno. Asterope. Merope.
By the blessing of the Seven Sisters,
I descend from four hundred lightyears in space!
I AM MR PLEIADES!!
Apr 8, 2013 4:29 AM
Apr 2013
amenboy972 said:
SleepnDreamn said:
amenboy972 said:
-Shuda- said:

So Aizen's slash restricts Isshin from using his Bankai

Another lame thing ! Ichigo was very injured when he used his bankai against Byakuya (chapter 162). Ikkaku too (chapter 205).

As Aizen pointed out Isshin Bankai is huge strain on his body. Maybe a deep wound like that would make it very hard for him to sustain himself in that form. Didn't Isshin blood burst in flame? If he went Bankai imagine a jet of fire shoot out of his back? :D Probably would make it hard for him to fight. Still he took White's arm with Shikai.

Then if Isshin is injured during a fight he cannot use his bankaï... And he was a capitain. And Ikkaku's Bankaï is very heavy ! It 's super lame !
I think it's more logic to say : Aizen injured Isshin to slow down him. And the fact that hollow was very fast, Isshin hadn't the time to use it. It makes more sense for me.

And more : Why didn't Isshin use the Getsuga Tenshou ??? It's lame !

If you noticed he used his blood for fire, meaning if he used Bankai since its apparent his zanpaktou is flame based, its possible he could combust? Maybe his bankai wreathes him in flames?

It would make sense seeing how Ichigo gets a whole new outfit when he goes Bankai, cause I am pretty sure his Bankai isn't just a sword and Getsuga?
B14d3r11Apr 8, 2013 4:32 AM
Apr 8, 2013 6:29 AM

Jul 2011
B14d3r11 said:
amenboy972 said:
SleepnDreamn said:
amenboy972 said:
-Shuda- said:

So Aizen's slash restricts Isshin from using his Bankai

Another lame thing ! Ichigo was very injured when he used his bankai against Byakuya (chapter 162). Ikkaku too (chapter 205).

As Aizen pointed out Isshin Bankai is huge strain on his body. Maybe a deep wound like that would make it very hard for him to sustain himself in that form. Didn't Isshin blood burst in flame? If he went Bankai imagine a jet of fire shoot out of his back? :D Probably would make it hard for him to fight. Still he took White's arm with Shikai.

Then if Isshin is injured during a fight he cannot use his bankaï... And he was a capitain. And Ikkaku's Bankaï is very heavy ! It 's super lame !
I think it's more logic to say : Aizen injured Isshin to slow down him. And the fact that hollow was very fast, Isshin hadn't the time to use it. It makes more sense for me.

And more : Why didn't Isshin use the Getsuga Tenshou ??? It's lame !

If you noticed he used his blood for fire, meaning if he used Bankai since its apparent his zanpaktou is flame based, its possible he could combust? Maybe his bankai wreathes him in flames?

It would make sense seeing how Ichigo gets a whole new outfit when he goes Bankai, cause I am pretty sure his Bankai isn't just a sword and Getsuga?

1.Did you already see the Isshin's bankaï ? So how can you have this hypothesis ? The Soi Fong's shikai and the Soi Fong's bankaï are not similar, Ikakku too, Kensei too, Tosen too, Sasakibe too.

2. In the chapter 382, Ichigo explained to Unohanna that his shihakusho is a part of his powers of shinigami.
Apr 8, 2013 6:48 AM
Apr 2013
1. "Burn, Engetsu" and http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/90306018/11
2. Yes I know this, I was adding that in to further support my first hypothesis cause if Ichigo is Isshin's son then if his father has a Bankai that shrouds him with reiatsu it would make more sense how ichigo is also capable, but also remember Ichigo's sword is technically not his own because the creator of the Asauchi, Ouetsu knows where every sword he ever made is but ichigos. Also you probably already know this but it is written that he IS NOT a Shinigami
Apr 8, 2013 8:49 AM

Jul 2011
B14d3r11 said:
2. Yes I know this, I was adding that in to further support my first hypothesis cause if Ichigo is Isshin's son then if his father has a Bankai that shrouds him with reiatsu it would make more sense how ichigo is also capable, but also remember Ichigo's sword is technically not his own because the creator of the Asauchi, Ouetsu knows where every sword he ever made is but ichigos. Also you probably already know this but it is written that he IS NOT a Shinigami

1. It's not enough, you never saw his bankaï, so you haven't any proof, only mere speculations. And as I said in my previous post, some shinigamis have the power of the shikaï different of the power of the banKaï.

2. Ichigo is Juha Bach's son the manga proves it (chapter 514). So, Ichigo got his powers of shinigami from his mother, Masaki was a quincy, then she could use spiritual particles, maybe she took the Isshin's reatsu in some way. Ginjo did the same thing with his fullbring and he got the Ichigo's powers (Getsuga Tenshou and bankaï). Zangetsu only belongs to Ichigo and none else. Naiyama Oetsu said Ichigo isn't a real shinigami because he succeeded to create a true zanpakuto without to use a asauchi.
Apr 8, 2013 4:11 PM

Mar 2011
amenboy972 said:
2. Ichigo is Juha Bach's son the manga proves it (chapter 514)..
Ah, so thats where you got it from, I forgot all about that.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Apr 8, 2013 4:24 PM

Jul 2011
Silverstorm said:
amenboy972 said:
For now we know how Ichigo got his hollow powers but we don't know how he got his shinigami power.
Wouldn't he have been born with them?

Yes, but I talked about the roots of the powers.
Apr 10, 2013 4:10 AM

Feb 2010
The way Masaki killed(?) this hollow was amazing. You know, she is not that strong so it would be 'stupid' to show her uber-pro-fast bows/arrows(or something so fancy) instead she lured him. Consider hollow nature(hot-tempered) too.

ps. How Aizen can be pedo... Masaki is not that young, right?

amenboy972 said:
B14d3r11 said:

1. It's not enough, you never saw his bankaï, so you haven't any proof, only mere speculations. And as I said in my previous post, some shinigamis have the power of the shikaï different of the power of the banKaï.

2. Ichigo is Juha Bach's son the manga proves it (chapter 514). So, Ichigo got his powers of shinigami from his mother, Masaki was a quincy, then she could use spiritual particles, maybe she took the Isshin's reatsu in some way. Ginjo did the same thing with his fullbring and he got the Ichigo's powers (Getsuga Tenshou and bankaï). Zangetsu only belongs to Ichigo and none else. Naiyama Oetsu said Ichigo isn't a real shinigami because he succeeded to create a true zanpakuto without to use a asauchi.

http://www.mangareader.net/94-49233-20/bleach/chapter-397.html
Now, which one do you believe? The possibilities are:
- Ichigo is son of Bach - so it applies FB-like theories('whitey' stole (some) of Ishin's abilities(shikai/bankai) and that abilities get to Masaki's body through this bite(?) in this chapter) OR that quincy/or just Masaki can stole/copy shinigami abilities.
- Ichigo is grandson of Bach - so this applies similar FB-like theories but she gets only hollow power, and Ishin gave Ichigo his shinigami abilities.

Both of them may apply but 2nd is more likely(for me) as far there is not many 'ability-copier/thief'.
But the point is, if you take this 2 pages with the same seriousness they will contradict themselves. So you must take one lightly.
My point is - manga doesn't prove anything about who is Ichigo's father.
-
Apr 11, 2013 4:42 PM

Jul 2011
Wannabiteme said:
The way Masaki killed(?) this hollow was amazing. You know, she is not that strong so it would be 'stupid' to show her uber-pro-fast bows/arrows(or something so fancy) instead she lured him. Consider hollow nature(hot-tempered) too.

ps. How Aizen can be pedo... Masaki is not that young, right?

amenboy972 said:
B14d3r11 said:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-49233-20/bleach/chapter-397.html
Now, which one do you believe? The possibilities are:
- Ichigo is son of Bach - so it applies FB-like theories('whitey' stole (some) of Ishin's abilities(shikai/bankai) and that abilities get to Masaki's body through this bite(?) in this chapter) OR that quincy/or just Masaki can stole/copy shinigami abilities.
- Ichigo is grandson of Bach - so this applies similar FB-like theories but she gets only hollow power, and Ishin gave Ichigo his shinigami abilities.

Both of them may apply but 2nd is more likely(for me) as far there is not many 'ability-copier/thief'.
But the point is, if you take this 2 pages with the same seriousness they will contradict themselves. So you must take one lightly.
My point is - manga doesn't prove anything about who is Ichigo's father.
-

Thank you, thank you very much, Aligato Gosaïmasu !
You gave me the best proof that confirms Juha Bach is a shinigami ( a shinigami in a human body).

I agree with the first theory because it could explain how Kuugo Ginjo became a substitute shinigami. Maybe his mother was injured by a hollow like Whitey or Whitey itself.

Isshin lost his powers 20 years ago, so 4 years before Ichigo's birth.
http://www.mangareader.net/94-642-8/bleach/chapter-188.html

The manga gives us a lot clues, the hardest is to find them. That's all !
Jun 21, 2013 2:08 PM

Jul 2009
So that's how she ends up passing the hollow characteristics onto Ichigo I guess.
Sep 1, 2013 3:01 PM

Dec 2008
Masaki has guts.
Oct 10, 2013 3:50 AM

Jun 2011
Holy shit, like everyone else have said, Masaki is so badass! I can accept this, but yet I cannot accept Sakura's power up in Naruto, I wonder why?

Bleach > Naruto!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 24, 2014 4:32 AM

Oct 2013
Next up.

Oct 1, 2016 6:14 AM

Jun 2016
Masaki is stabbed by that monster, lets see the next chapter.
Jun 8, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2013
Masaki defeated it!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.