Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 14, 2018 10:23 AM

Sep 2018
WOW its just the 2nd episode and the anime's already showing signs of epic-ness :D

Dec 23, 2018 8:20 PM

Aug 2007
The narrative of religion is simple, yet to the point. Love it.

Jun 19, 2019 8:23 AM

Jul 2016
Another great episode. Definitely a difference from the brotherhood one and the manga, their plan did not go as planned. Much darker. Can we talk about that ending song? Really amazing.
Jun 19, 2019 8:39 AM

Jul 2016
swiftestcat said:
Optigisa said:
Can we talk about that ending song? Really amazing.
I 100% agree, it's brilliant.

It truly is. I am a bit addicted to it now.
Aug 22, 2019 2:50 PM
Apr 2019
Good episode. Learned more about the kids and their mom.

The priest got eaten, rip.

I can't wait to see the backstory about their mother and her past and how she exactly died.

Now Rose, I wonder why they are going to do with her. Is she going to learn Alch herself or travel the group? The wonders cross my mind
Apr 3, 2020 4:05 PM

Oct 2009
It was very careless of Cornello's men not to make sure that there's actually anyone in Al's armour

Weeyuhboo said:
Is there a reason the creators chose some Russian song about mothers to play in the middle of the episode or so? Aren't the creators and main viewer base located in Japan?

The creators didn't just choose some already existing Russian song however, they've made it for this show specifically, with lyrics directly related to it
SerhiykoApr 3, 2020 4:26 PM
May 22, 2020 10:12 PM
Aug 2015
gedata said:
Weeyuhboo said:
Is there a reason the creators chose some Russian song about mothers to play in the middle of the episode or so? Aren't the creators and main viewer base located in Japan?

You think content ought to be limited based on where the creators are from?

Nah nigga but how tf is this soviet song relevant to this chinese cartoon?
May 23, 2020 4:28 AM
May 2020
Get up and walk.Move forward.You've got some fine legs there,don't you?
Man cannt obtain anything without first sacrificing something.
I like that quotes
InvincibleBullMay 23, 2020 4:34 AM
Jun 16, 2020 5:37 AM

May 2020
Not a fan of the story with the Ro..se bird thingy. Pretty creepy in a bad way and IMO unneccessary filler.

Also sad that we don't see the minister being executed but Envy replacing the minister at the end was unique since it isn't shown in the 2nd manga chapter or the BH adaptation.
BeeBeeKayJun 16, 2020 11:49 AM
Jul 25, 2020 12:59 AM
Aug 2015
Serhiyko said:
It was very careless of Cornello's men not to make sure that there's actually anyone in Al's armour

Weeyuhboo said:

The creators didn't just choose some already existing Russian song however, they've made it for this show specifically, with lyrics directly related to it

Ahhhh, I thought it sounded familiar but I guess I was associating it with something incorrectly. Why Russian though?
Jul 25, 2020 5:31 AM

Oct 2009
Weeyuhboo said:
Serhiyko said:

Ahhhh, I thought it sounded familiar but I guess I was associating it with something incorrectly. Why Russian though?

An artistic choice I guess
Apr 3, 2021 11:48 AM
Mar 2021
The episode revolves around The brothers' loss by trying to do human transmutation. While the first half felt a bit of weak execution of these ideas, the second half actually set the tone.

Well, the fights were a bit non sensiscal... They could have captured Al too. Also how did the mic got there, he created it maybe... Well I don't really care... These parts were mere
4-6/10 for me tbh

Tge 2nd half tho dealt with realization... The girl finding out how reviving his biyfriend without sacrificing is impossible in their case and the people realising that miracles were the products of humanly alchemy.

It's good to see how manipulated these people in the town are too... They are gullible to basically their own religion. Someone exposes it, they easily get confused and become skeptical.. And at the end, they found out him disguised by "envy" supposedly creatung miracles and get rid of their doubts that easily.

At ep 1, I didn't like Ed's somewhat annoying attitude... However ep 2, I saw more inside of him... The brothers had a lot of events happening in their life... And Ed's words towards the girl at the end to keep moving forward and the symbolism that she got feet in contrast to lost body parts of the brothers because of the "sins" and failure they commited. That was beautiful.

It seems like they're trying to find a way to get their bodies back. It's gonna be a long ass journey. Also, there are these villains that may be follow as the 7 deadly sins, can't wait to know about them... Imo, they don't feel like the antagonist tho... I think, they have their own ideals that have the ups and downs... Or maybe I'm wrong..

There's also the philosopher stone... Must be powerful.. Although the one they found was fake, it was kinda SUS having power to reshape materials tho and put souls on life forms... Hmm

Welp, this episode was about 7 at most parts and 9 at the nearing end... The OST was awesone there. (Haha I'm too lazy to fix what I typed)

Overall an 7-8/10 ep
Subaru_KurayamiApr 3, 2021 11:57 AM
May 29, 2021 10:37 AM

Jan 2020
Another banger. I really love how the 2003 version of fma can get really dark and that last soundtrack + the ed is great. That mic trick was amazing and quite clever lol

Oct 5, 2022 4:56 PM
Aug 2022
2022 rewatch
this episode wasn't as strong as the previous, but it's still pretty damn good! my main problem is the "exposing the bad guy's true motive via broadcasting it to the public." it's honestly a pretty stupid trope. also when ed said he made an al decoy to distract the statues, i would've appreciated at least a flashback scene where ed did that instead of him just outright saying it. but otherwise, really amazing!
Oct 17, 2022 11:58 AM
Jul 2021
pretty shite lacky animation not enough fan service
Apr 20, 2023 3:07 AM
Mar 2023
I really like the ending song!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 20, 2008

67 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 13, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 21, 2008

170 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 12, 2009

56 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 11, 2009

57 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 48 Discussion

suki78787 - Jul 13, 2009

44 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.