Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chobits 20th Anniversary Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 17, 2008 10:09 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woah what, where did this come from? D:
aeroDec 19, 2008 4:31 AM
Jan 12, 2009 4:54 AM
Jul 2018
This has to be my least favorite episode >< a troubled teacher hooking up with her student... where'd that come from?! Oh well still looking forward to the next ep~
Mar 14, 2009 6:51 PM

Sep 2008
My god, I haven't had this urge to want to snap someone's neck since School Days. Honestly, I'm all about romance and the like, but this just pushed me off the edge. I absolutely hate Shinbo now... well I hate the whole cast during this episode. Perhaps Takako felt as this was the only way, but with her student!? I hate this pairing more than I hate MizukixKuze from ef: a tale of melodies. Plus, I can't believe how Motosuwa acted in response to this. It's like he accepted it with no problem. Yeah, my mind might be a polar opposite to his, but I still can't believe it. I'm so mad about an anime, this sucks...

I have this bad feeling that every female that is close to Motosuwa is going to be swept away, but I should have accepted that with that telling of the storybook. I hate seeing main characters like this, no matter how unrealistic it is to always have a perfect ending. I absolutely hate non-main characters having a perfect ending. *Stares at Dan-kun*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2009 11:08 PM

Feb 2009
Half of the episode I was laughing, and half of it I was like "WTF?". And the problem with this was I was doing those at the wrong times. See the problem with this was I didn't know at first whether or not that ending was actually going on or if it was another wonky dream or something. Eh. I liked the new ending theme.
Apr 1, 2009 11:01 AM

Mar 2009
I really have got no clue on how to react to this. I saw it coming from the beginning of the episode, but... AAARGH! This twist annoys me a lot. I feel this need to relieve anger after watching it.
Apr 10, 2009 1:14 PM

Dec 2008
this ep was roflmao XD
such a naughty teacher,I can't believe it...

I love drunken anime characters
And I love Chi's summer dress ;D

a strange twist at the end,but its ok
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2009 9:12 PM

Dec 2008
i wonder why that happen btw? XD
Jun 25, 2009 1:12 PM

Apr 2009
Woa that was really unexpected....It doesn't really bother me though, don't see why it should....but now it's gonna get all complicated D:

Jul 4, 2009 10:28 PM

Jun 2009
I may be wrong but I think Shinbo was the guy she was talking about in the first place, maybe he's actually her fiance or something. And It didn't really come out of nowhere, if you paid attention in the beach episode the two of them were sitting next to each other and around one another most of the time. So, i'm fairly certain that they have been together for a while.

Shinbo was also probably who she was alluding to when she said she was too "timid." It was a really good episode in my opinion.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 18, 2009 8:39 AM

Jul 2009
Wow a serious part came out of nowhere ;o
Sep 2, 2009 3:48 PM

Dec 2008
I suppose I'm the only one who's heart was broken.
I had an "anime-crush" on the teacher, and I thought the teacher liked Motosuwa, I loved that.
And then when she visits him and stays the night, double-awesome!
But then...I find out she thinks Moto is just a good guy, but has romantic feelings for Shinbo instead.
I think the word "dissapointment" comes closest to what I feel. Times 9000 of course.
It was a horrific experience.

I thought about it some more, and the main reason why it upset me so much is that the teacher was very sad.
Moto comforts her, and you can tell how much she appreciates it. It was beautiful to see.
But then we see Shinbo doing the same and apparenty doing it better.
I wanted the romantic feelings of the teacher to grow for Moto, but it grew for someone else...
HyunatoSep 2, 2009 4:07 PM
Sep 22, 2009 6:30 PM

Apr 2009
Alsun said:
I had an "anime-crush" on the teacher, and I thought the teacher liked Motosuwa, I loved that.
But then...I find out she thinks Moto is just a good guy, but has romantic feelings for Shinbo instead.
I think the word "dissapointment" comes closest to what I feel. Times 9000 of course.

I thought about it some more, and the main reason why it upset me so much is that the teacher was very sad.
Moto comforts her, and you can tell how much she appreciates it. It was beautiful to see.
But then we see Shinbo doing the same and apparenty doing it better.
I wanted the romantic feelings of the teacher to grow for Moto, but it grew for someone else...

Uhh.... Somehow, I think some of you (including the one above) have missed the point to this.

The reason, IMO, that its done is to shock you because it is something which we think is wrong. That is understandable.

BUT, why are persocoms as cute as they are? Why does Moto get embarrassed when Chi touches him with her breasts? ANd most importantly, is this any different from a man and a machine having sexual relations?

Teacher X Student
Man/Woman X Machine

Neither are right, but would you make such a fuss if the later was to happen? The morals are the same. Yet we find the first more of a shock. The fact that Moto likes Chi is probably the reason for his unresponsive reaction.

Its dependant on your moral standings really. But my philosophy is the one above. So I thought this episode was otherwise very funny and much deeper than many of the other episodes. Which is a very good thing. (the show did feel a little bit shallow)
Oct 3, 2009 3:14 PM

Aug 2009
Oooooh the motherfucking irony strikes again. I was like "WTF" in the last scene.

Teacher x Student relationships huh? Makes me wonder why the sensei went to Hideki's house. I first thought Shinbo was going to America, guess not.

Shinbo x Cram School Sensei ftw.
Maybe the friendship Hideki and Shinbo share would soon crumble?
Aug 21, 2010 7:13 AM

Jan 2010
what the phuck!?!?!

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 2, 2010 6:40 PM

May 2010
Where did that Shinbo X Sensei came from?? O.o

Anyway, the 1st half was made me laugh..
Sep 19, 2010 9:44 AM

Jan 2010
insan3soldiern said:
I may be wrong but I think Shinbo was the guy she was talking about in the first place, maybe he's actually her fiance or something. And It didn't really come out of nowhere, if you paid attention in the beach episode the two of them were sitting next to each other and around one another most of the time. So, i'm fairly certain that they have been together for a while.

Shinbo was also probably who she was alluding to when she said she was too "timid." It was a really good episode in my opinion.

Yes, that is how I saw it too.
Dec 5, 2010 7:18 PM
Feb 2009
OK, so was there an episode where the teacher stayed the night at Hideki's house? I don't remember that ever happening. Was this just new back story introduced for this episode or did I miss something somewhere?

*edit* never mind, I figured out that I got my episodes mixed up and watched #16 and #17 before #15. Boy was that confusing, but it makes so much more sense now.
Jay_OxDec 5, 2010 8:34 PM
Dec 18, 2010 9:56 PM

Oct 2009
OK so i was laughing the whole episode then reached the end and i was WTF??? O_O....................
Hyunato said:
I think the word "disappointment" comes closest to what I feel. Times 9000 of course.

But then we see Shinbo doing the same and apparently doing it better.

Lol it felt almost exactly for me o-o
THIS AIN'T RIGHT D:<
Jan 15, 2011 6:10 AM

May 2010
welp, this came out of no where. although i guess we can't jump to conclusions now can we.
Feb 9, 2011 12:18 AM

Sep 2010
Uhh, wtf, mate?
This upsets me.
Damn it, I'm must be watching the episodes out of order because I watched this as episode 14 and I seemed to have skipped 12.
Mar 20, 2011 7:17 PM

Oct 2010
ahhhh she played Moto... poor bastard spend the night with her and she only wanted a good guy for night. lol.... Well she could have totally been a bitch and 'assaulted' him just to later on move on with the guy next door.
Ahh this also explain why the teacher went to the beach with them... and why she was with him earlier than Moto >.> *giggles*
choyosMar 20, 2011 7:23 PM
huh?
Jul 25, 2011 8:56 PM

Nov 2010
this was really strange O_O
well, I loved the ending song ^^
Aug 7, 2011 6:00 PM

Aug 2009
Oh man, this was really unexpected. Where in the world did this all come from? I didn't like seeing the teacher lady like that and Shinbo seems like a creep to me now.

What the butts.
Sep 3, 2011 2:41 AM

Oct 2009
Hideki had a boner when Takako was kissing Chii - sir, i lol'd. In Hideki's dream he thought that Takako tried to rape him - once again i lol'd.

"Takako: so that was right that people are saying, that you're a very good guy even though you're a virgin."
あらあら。。。
Sep 3, 2011 2:45 AM

Oct 2009
What the hell, Shimbo x Takako? That was totally unexpected. - or wait, that was Hideki's thoughts?
あらあら。。。
Oct 16, 2011 7:47 AM

Mar 2011
WHHHAAAAAATTTTT?

Okay, throughout the episode, I started worrying about Shinbo, and then when Shizuka mentioned about her husband, I realised her marriage was falling apart and she was lonely (and drunk!) and could trust Moto not to do anything!

Then when Shinbo got angry at prep school, I realised the extent of what was going on! Although, I dont know if her marriage failing was becuase of Shinbo, or wether he just 'filled a gap'.

Either way, troubled waters ahead!
Oct 28, 2011 3:51 PM

Aug 2009
I raged really hard when i first saw this. Almost felt like NTR. After some thought I guess its for the good otherwise it may turn out to be another boring harem anime, albeit too dramatic
Nov 10, 2011 3:40 PM

Apr 2007
I do not like this twist at all. Not because it's teacher x student, but because it practically came out of nowhere. Both the teacher having marital problems and her hooking up with Shinbo. Little still or background shots in the beach episodes are not good enough, hell they weren't even noticeable to me. They should have thrown in some hints beforehand, it's not like they never have a chance to do so.
Feb 7, 2012 12:15 PM
Jan 2012
Casperkid said:
welp, this came out of no where. although i guess we can't jump to conclusions now can we.

But jumping to conclusions is the most fun!
Feb 28, 2012 1:35 PM

Jan 2010
PrometheusZero said:
WHHHAAAAAATTTTT?
Okay, throughout the episode, I started worrying about Shinbo, and then when Shizuka mentioned about her husband, I realised her marriage was falling apart and she was lonely (and drunk!) and could trust Moto not to do anything!
Then when Shinbo got angry at prep school, I realised the extent of what was going on! Although, I dont know if her marriage failing was becuase of Shinbo, or wether he just 'filled a gap'.
Either way, troubled waters ahead!

This makes the most logical sense.

Shizuka could've been looking for Shinbo's apartment instead of Moto's. Either way, she didn't mind because she knew he was a good guy and would never have taken advantage of the situation.

It's obvious that something is happening to his teacher's personal life. Shinbo could happen to be there and comfort her (most likely the past week or so).

Regardless of student/teacher relationship, everyone's human. And it DOES happen in real life. Their class is just college prep school.

We'll see next episode!
May 25, 2012 5:55 PM

Feb 2012
Fabienne said:

Only good aspect of this episode.
Jun 16, 2012 10:43 PM

May 2012
Orio94 said:
Woa that was really unexpected....It doesn't really bother me though, don't see why it should....but now it's gonna get all complicated D:

Haha yeah, I dont see why people are getting all mad, This episode was aight
Aug 29, 2012 1:08 AM

Sep 2011
What - the - fuck.

LOL

Anyways, awesome new ending song! >:D
Dec 20, 2012 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
Seriously? No one noticed that the teacher was dressed exactly as that murdered woman was from episode 11?
Dec 27, 2012 1:35 PM

May 2012
Well this was sudden, don't know what this had to do with anything or how it fits in the story but well lets see what's next, maybe it will clear up later on!
Mar 19, 2013 11:40 AM

Jan 2013
This was great.
Even if it was unexpected.
Apr 4, 2013 5:58 PM

Jun 2012
the only good thing about this episode was chii's summer dress! it was adorable.

I feel like this anime doesnt have much of a plot at all. there has been a total of MAYBE 4 episodes that actually had interesting plot information. All the rest of the episodes are just filler, i wish they would have made the plot alot bigger so that the anime didnt feel like it was mostly pointless...

This anime has such great potential, its sad really. i mean dont get me wrong i do really like this series how it is but i see how the creators could have made it much more bigger than they did. This series could have been really great, but instead they made a pretty good anime thats fun to watch on a rainy day.

Thats just my opinion.
May 9, 2013 9:12 PM
Jan 2013
Hakuromatsu said:
Fabienne said:

Only good aspect of this episode.

I think Chi stacking cans was the highlight of the episode.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
May 13, 2013 2:37 AM

May 2012
WTF

This episode was stupid. Teacher-student relationships? Really, Chobits? What does that have to do with anything? I was under the impression that Shinbo was a coolman, but ehh this was pretty Dumbo.

Hopefully this was just a one-off episode that wont be mentioned again... Remember when Chi was a flying robot? I want more of that!
who_dat_ninjaMay 13, 2013 2:42 AM
Jun 6, 2013 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
wtf
This is pretty...uhm...interesting?

I love the new ED, it's creepy :D
Jun 14, 2013 1:01 PM
Jan 2013
This episode pissed me off.
There was a time were I hated anime. Now I love anime more than anything. When i started to actually watch anime I decided to keep note the order of them, now I am able to number them on this site. When I finish everything I have see I will be surprised to see my progress. My revolution started around a little over a year ago and is still going. May the future have just as good if not better anime as now.
Jul 1, 2013 10:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
iWhat did I just watch. That was such an out of the blue twist, and honestly I dislike it. So now what, no teacher means no classes.

Sep 12, 2013 7:48 AM

Mar 2013
I feel like the only one who really doesn't have a problem with this.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Oct 25, 2013 6:22 AM

May 2011
god damned felt like NTR. URGHH left a bad taste on my mouth...
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Feb 15, 2014 6:54 AM

Apr 2013
Idk what the hell is going on here!!! :S

At least Chii's dress was very cute in this episode :)
Mar 10, 2014 6:53 PM

Sep 2013
So Hideki gets the robot while shinbo gets the hot teacher?

OK, I'm completely and utterly pissed right now.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Apr 24, 2014 9:50 AM

Feb 2014
WTF, what a creep taking advantage of the situation. I really dislike shinbo now.
eXtacy67Apr 24, 2014 9:55 AM
Jun 2, 2014 3:51 PM

Apr 2012
wtf not going be a moral fag about teacher x student relationship but that felt really forced and out of no where. I wish they would just put back the focus on Chi -_-.

Shinbo use to be a cool dude but not so sure now ........ lol

Sep 4, 2014 5:49 AM

Nov 2011
There we go.

StormViruz said:
Where did that Shinbo X Sensei came from?? O.o

Anyway, the 1st half was made me laugh..

In the game episode (previous ep), his avatar/sprite looked like Shimizu. I think that was enough. Though it MAY have been hinted at earlier episode, just that I didn't notice.
zetsu_shorenSep 4, 2014 5:56 AM
Sep 20, 2014 5:04 PM

Sep 2013
Gotta hate these silly, forced shockers. But I saw that coming. Hideki is not the kind of guy that'll get the hot girl. Hes doomed to end up alone with Chi. Sad, but makes sense when you think of the kind of "looser" he is :C
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chobits Episode 1 Discussion

aero - Dec 15, 2008

46 by rekillanga »»
Apr 6, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Chobits Episode 2 Discussion

aero - Dec 15, 2008

36 by SilverCrono »»
Apr 5, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Chobits Episode 22 Discussion

aero - Dec 19, 2008

33 by owonism »»
Mar 28, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Chobits Episode 9 Discussion

aero - Dec 16, 2008

35 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 27, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Chobits Episode 14 Discussion

aero - Dec 17, 2008

41 by owonism »»
Mar 25, 6:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.