Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (44) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 31, 2008 5:27 AM

Jun 2007
When I was like 5, 6 or 7 .. I saw that Yu Yu Hakusho was on and I got hooked. Then after that I started watching Fushigi Yuugi. Then, I kinda stopped for a while. When my sister was watching Mirumo de Pon! , I got hooked .. yet again .. up to this day xD
Dec 31, 2008 8:07 AM

Dec 2008
Galaxy express 999 and I was hooked then the miyazaki movies followed through
Dec 31, 2008 8:19 AM

Jun 2008
Was talking about anime with a friend, since he watched it and I didn't. So I decided I'd find one and watch it myself. And I came upon Claymore, and I got hooked since then. That was literally about a year ago.
Jan 1, 2009 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
DBZ was the first anime for me, but watching Naruto was what made me want to watch more anime
Jan 1, 2009 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
I used to watch it when I was a kid but never really cared.
Then two years ago a friend told me she had found a site with Sailor Moon and other series, and I got back to watching anime. ^^
Jan 1, 2009 5:28 PM

Oct 2008
Im gonna say the entire original toonami block (because im shocked no one else has) after school

sailor moon
ronin warriors
dbz
g gundam
and all those other great series

Jan 1, 2009 5:29 PM

Dec 2008
Yeah, i got into anime with the first ever season of Pokemon, then i dumped that crap for Dragonball Z :D
Jan 1, 2009 5:33 PM

Dec 2008
I liked those "cartoons with big eyes", I never knew it's called anime back then. I started to watch some more, and then found out it's called so. I wanted to watch more, since I liked those mahou girl ones xD But there's more than just that. <.<;
Hopefully my story wasn't vague xP
Jan 2, 2009 1:49 PM

Jan 2008
I needed to practice my English so I started watching American shows. I also watched all the Pokemon and Dragon Ball along them. Then when I wanted to watch Naruto (eng dub) my friend told me to download the subbed ones instead. So I watched all the Narutos. Then about a month later I saw on another forum people hyping Death Note, so I gave it a try, and I loved it. Now I'm here, wasting my time posting useless comments that no one will read.
Jan 2, 2009 5:22 PM

Jul 2008
wow every1s like cartoonnetwork or toonami wow lol
Jan 2, 2009 6:33 PM

Nov 2008
I only got into anime probably March 2008, I saw a link to a Sailor Moon video and that was that.

Anime doesn't really air in my country. T_T The only anime that airs is dubbed crap, where the names are all changed etc.
Jan 2, 2009 7:39 PM
AhMeiZing #1000

Sep 2007
robotech at 4 and 5 lol planes that could turn into giant robots just hooked me

then toonami 3-5 block of dbz gundam salormoon tenchi and other shows lol i was addicted since then
-
Behold a work of art made in Paint on Windows XP in 2007

too lazy to update these
Jan 2, 2009 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
toonami definitely had a impact on my anime watching
- kinda sad its gone now
Jan 2, 2009 7:42 PM

Jul 2008
first anime was Pokemon, then Cyborg 009, after that anime loving just came naturally
Jan 2, 2009 7:51 PM

May 2008
Already saw a lot of anime before i got hooked(Dragon Ball, Yuu Yuu Hakuho, Rurouni Kenshin, Flame of Recca) but I never really considered it an addiction until I came upon Kimi Ga Nozumo Eien. At first I only watched Harem Romance types like Love Hina and whatnot but then everything quickly followed.
Jan 3, 2009 12:17 AM

May 2008
I got into anime by watching morning cartoons, i missed everything toonami has to offer. The reason i missed it is because i only had basic channels. So, whenever i could watch any random episode of dragon ball, zoids, gundam, or whatever, i cherished those few episodes. XD
Jan 3, 2009 2:21 AM

Oct 2008
Quited WoW, got really bored, gone to gaming forum and seen anime thread. Some m8 told me that I must watch some anime and from them I was hooked.
Jan 8, 2009 12:17 PM

Jan 2009
It happened around 2000, I had watched some Pokemon with this kid I was babysitting at the time for a few years but didn't get into it. When he started watching Gundam Wing, well that grabbed my interest. Animation with an actual plot? He had me start watching it in the middle of the series, so I was completely lost. Looked up the plot of GW on the net, then suddenly I wasn't just watching it while I was babysitting, I was watching it on my own time! Found out my best friend watched GW, one of my co-workers was into it, I had people to talk to & fuel my new addiction!
My best friend got me watching other series like Tenchi & Cowboy Bebop by '01, then mentioned one night that he was going to Otakon that summer. I looked into Otakon, decided I wanted to go, & organized the whole trip with my co-worker, that was only the beginning of my journey.
Otakon '01 was an eye opening experience for me, I was in absolute awe. I loved it so much, I started organizing '02's trip just after we left. By Otakon '02 I was fully addicted to anime & loving it. I haven't looked back since. :D
BlackRose826Jan 8, 2009 2:42 PM
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...
Jan 8, 2009 12:23 PM

May 2008
One lonely night in my room with some hentai i got linked to...

Okay, maybe not but close. At home, on wow, link link Naruto.
Jan 8, 2009 12:25 PM

Jan 2008
my friend and i like Saior Moon back when i was like in 3rd grade, then i started to like the stuff on Cartoon Network, then i tried drawing anime, then during Junior High is when i really got into manga, and anime. However, mostly manga.
Jan 8, 2009 12:38 PM

Apr 2008
Scud said:
Leekspin.

probably that.
Jan 8, 2009 12:54 PM

Apr 2008
When I was bored on the internet a few years back, I found Google video beta. I decided to search for old cartoons that I used to watch (for that nostalgic feeling XD) and ended up searching for Cardcaptors. I then found an amv of Tsubasa Chronicle, which made me want to watch it (because I thought it might have been a sequel or something) and so I found the full episodes on youtube watched it (this was at the time when youtube didn't delete licenced anime and when the videos didn't have to be under 10 minutes :D). I also found some other anime on google video somehow, like chobits and love hina. After that I was addicted. ^_^

Jan 8, 2009 2:38 PM

Nov 2008
Funimation (TV) -> Reruns of the first few episodes of Kare Kano.

Since I had free time, I started to look into action/sci fi anime series. Never looked back since. I'm just worried about running out of GOOD anime series since there are so many bad ones that it's too many to count.
Jan 8, 2009 4:38 PM

Jul 2008
In front of my TV, watching the likes of Pokemon, Monster Rancher, Ultimate Muscle, and all the anime series on Toonami.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jan 8, 2009 9:35 PM
Nov 2008
my sister hooked me into it...
Jan 9, 2009 4:47 PM

Jan 2009
A friend of mine told me to try Bleach.
And I actually enjoyed it, so i kept on watching Action animes.
Jan 9, 2009 8:56 PM

Nov 2008
My insomnia had kicked in one night and I was flipping through the channels and came across adult swim. Fullmetal Alchemist was one and luckily it was like the first episode. I watched it and enjoyed it. That Monday at school I was telling my friend about it and she, being an anime fan already, told me what it really was. I went home and watched all the episodes. From there on I’ve been hooked. I had already watched Cowboy Bebop with my brother prior, but FMA was what brought me into this full time.
Jan 9, 2009 9:02 PM

Jul 2007
It started with Pokemon.. first season.. first ep.. XD;.. But I really got into it after I started watching Sailor Moon X3

I kept watching anime... .. from a lack of social life lmao

Jan 9, 2009 9:20 PM

Oct 2008
I first really got interested in anime when I saw this AMV of D.N.Angel on a site I used to go to. When I was younger, though, watching Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and Beyblade, I didn't know what anime was. So after I watched D.N.Angel, I was hooked on anime since. ^_^
Coming later...
Jan 10, 2009 8:35 AM

Dec 2008
Airlia said:
I liked those "cartoons with big eyes", I never knew it's called anime back then. I started to watch some more, and then found out it's called so. I wanted to watch more, since I liked those mahou girl ones xD But there's more than just that. <.<;
Hopefully my story wasn't vague xP

Haha, cartoons w/ big eyes. That's awesome. Nope, it was perfect =P

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku~

Jan 10, 2009 9:35 AM
Jan 2009
Had some titles recommended by a friend and liked them.
Jan 10, 2009 9:52 AM

Jul 2008
zero no tsukaima, the beginning of it all. :3

Jan 10, 2009 11:15 AM

Oct 2008
Well I began watching anime because a friend of mine kept repeating how awesome Death Note is. Even at school she kept telling me to watch it. After about 6-7 months of convincing I finally gave in and watched it. And I really enjoyed it and so I started watching :)

Jan 10, 2009 11:23 AM
Jun 2007
It was a Sunday a little over 14 years ago. I lied about being sick so I wouldn't go to church that day and I succeeded. I was alone in the house and could do whatever the hell I wanted to and decided to watch some TV. I turned it on and saw the majesty of the giant robo anime from the 70's: Voltes V. basically, that's how the fandom started and the reason why I enjoy mech/sci-fi anime above others. after initially seeing Voltes V, Daimos, Mazinger Z, Combattler V and DBZ followed soon after. then it just snowballed more as the new millennium approached.
Jan 10, 2009 12:02 PM

Dec 2008
I study Japanese at college and one day we watched an ep of Naruto in class
and on the same day my boyfriend dumped me so i got a bucket sized tub of ice cream, went home and marathoned Naruto (:
Naruto will always be my first anime love aha :)
Jan 11, 2009 1:11 PM
Jan 2009
When I was young I watched pokemon, digimon, dragonball z but I was never "hooked" untill I watched Death Note. Spam watched it then read all the manga cause I couldn't wait untill the next release and now im an anime addict.
Jan 11, 2009 1:45 PM

Nov 2008
I believe the first anime I ever got into was DBZ, I saw Tenchi Muyo early too, when I was a young kid, 5 to 7 maybe(just guessing). I dislike DBZ now but back then I thought it was pretty cool. It wasn't until later, age 13 or 14, I discovered there were a lot more shows like that, a lot of which were even better than that one.

Pretty much I dislike DBZ now, yet ironically it is what got me into anime.
Jan 11, 2009 2:20 PM

Oct 2008
i watched anime for a long time but was never hooked until about a couple of months ago. I'm a trashman and someone threw away boxsets of Yumeria, Sorcerer Hunter, and a few volumes of Shuffle and they sat in my room for about a month and then one day i was pissed off and bored so i marathoned them. Shuffle is the one that got really got addicted because i HAD to watch the rest so i went online, but the other two had a helping hand because they didn't bore me to death.

one man's trash is another man's treasure/addiction
Jan 12, 2009 10:39 AM

Apr 2008
my story of how i started watching anime being long, complicated, and told in another thread, i ended up getting hooked on it because of Lucky Star--once i saw it, i began a frantic search of more types of series (basically slice of life comedies) and thus began my addiction to anime
Jan 12, 2009 12:00 PM

Jan 2009
When I was young we only had like 2 channels on TV, then when we finally got cable, my parents didn't allow us to watch "garbage" like sailor moon or pokemon but I would watch an episode whenever I could. fast forward to age 17 and I was really really bored one day while sitting at my computer, I decided to look up Sailor moon and watch it. It took me a while to get used to subs but now I'm hooked on anime and just cant get enough of it.
Jan 13, 2009 11:32 AM

Dec 2008
my older brother watched anime when i was a lil kid but he always bumped me out of his room, so ive got even more interest into them...
Jan 13, 2009 11:49 AM

Jan 2009
My first anime were pokemon and dragonball z. But back then I didn't knew anything about anime yet.
There aren't much anime where I live. But 4/5 years ago, shaman king came on tv and they only showed it till episode 26. Not further, so I started to watch it online.
Jan 13, 2009 3:04 PM

Jan 2008
Thank god, some strange fellow that once disturbed my peace didn't forget to bring along some good ol' Naruto cd's, with about 60 episodes all together. If it weren't for this, I would still live my life today, without ever knowing the true happiness those angelic creations would bring me.
Jan 13, 2009 3:21 PM

Jun 2008
I just happened to be flipping through the channels one morning in elementary school and came upon the first episode of Sailor Moon. Then in middle school the same thing with Pokemon. It all started from there.
Jan 13, 2009 4:17 PM

Jan 2009
my first anime will be the movie of DBZ about cooler (around 1996) and its actually a commercial on tv and i got hooked on anime instantly then watch gundam wing, gundam g and thats how it all started
Jan 13, 2009 9:17 PM
Jan 2009
My first anime was the noozles or maya the bee. I didn't really start watching anime until I was 8 or 9 proabably pokemon or sailor moon. However I really didn't get into until I was 13 or 14, watching yuu yuu hakusho, inuyasha, and trigun.
Jan 13, 2009 9:20 PM

Dec 2008
It all began with Dragon Ball, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Doraemon and Gundam Wing =P
Jan 13, 2009 10:08 PM

Apr 2008
Sailor Moon!!!
Jan 14, 2009 6:43 AM

Oct 2008
Several years back, TechTv (when it was still called that) played 'Gungrave' and 'R.O.D.' and since I watched just about everything else on the channel there was no reason for me not to watch it. I just naturally got into it from there. I also used to watch anime on the Sci-Fi channel back in the mid-90s, but at the time I didn't realize it was anime. I was just blown away by the fact that it was animated and mature.
Jan 14, 2009 6:48 AM

Dec 2008
I was thinking about this the other day, and realized the first anime series I ever watched was Robotech. I really identified with the crossdressing character, purple haired who was the singer. LOL changed my life in a lot of ways. Love anime and love dresses and purple hair.
Pages (44) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - 8 minutes ago

2 by Cestlavie_ »»
1 minute ago

» MAL Frieren fans, let's settle for the best couple

epsilono - 39 minutes ago

4 by Grecefar »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime Time Capsule

eli_shmeli - 6 hours ago

16 by Adnash »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Who is the hottest anime mom? (beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - 11 hours ago

13 by zckfox »»
26 minutes ago

» Anime characters you find attractive that many people won't agree with

IssyBoy - Apr 13

41 by 0arche »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.