Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (44) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2013 9:00 AM

Dec 2012
The art styles drew me in it. I stayed for the great characters and great stories.

Also the music, if there is one thing that anime does right, it's music.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Apr 13, 2013 9:07 AM
Oct 2012
I didn't really start watching anime for a reason I just watched on TV as a kid(Naruto) and when I got older when I understood what I was watching I starting watching other anime.
Apr 13, 2013 9:12 AM

May 2012
cus boredom ~
Apr 13, 2013 9:13 AM

Jul 2012
because i enjoy them *duh*
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Apr 13, 2013 9:24 AM

Mar 2013
I remember when I was like 7. I would stay awake until around 10:00 and sneak past my parents to watch anime on Adult Swim. I would always watch Inuyasha and Full Metal. I never really got the storyline, I just knew that I loved them. It wasn't until I was around 13 when I re-watched them, and I would always think back to when I was a little kid. Even now, whenever I hear the ending theme of the first season of FMA, I get chills and get a feeling of nostalgia.
Apr 13, 2013 9:47 AM

Jan 2013
I used to watch ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Yugioh, Digimon, Pokémon and DBZ without knowing it was anime, then I watched Naruto but they never passed from episode 40 so I looked for it on the internet...and here I am.
Please understand.
Apr 13, 2013 10:12 AM

Jan 2010
Friend sat me down and we watched all of Gurren Lagann together. Up until then I had heard of anime but never interested at all for some reason, I think I was too young for the appeal of them. I was also convinced by what I had seen sprawled across the interwebs that they were all perverted.
Apr 13, 2013 10:16 AM

Feb 2013
It was on TV.
After i stopped watching anime on TV, i wanted to watch old DBZ episodes for fun. Then, i found lists of other anime and started watching other series.
Apr 13, 2013 11:48 AM
Apr 2013
DBZ, Tenchi Muyo, and Outlaw Star on Toonami got me started when I was a kid. Cowboy Bebop got me hooked when I was a teen.
Apr 13, 2013 12:05 PM

Mar 2013
I started wth Sword Art Online. I watched DBZ and One Piece earlier but that was nothing to my considering in SAO. Totally convinced me. ~

Apr 13, 2013 4:38 PM
Dec 2012
I started with sailor moon than i became more and more interesting in other animes like dragon ball z ,detective conan ,kodocha
Apr 13, 2013 5:11 PM

Mar 2013
i was watching some random educational movie on a dvd with my grandfather then when i turned the dvd player off i saw inuyasha for the first time. i recognized the character from a book a saw at a book store (i now know it was the manga) i started watching and i liked it. i started watching the show every saturday night when it was on. but like 10 weeks later it changed times. i really wanted to watch the rest so i went online, went on youtube and typed in inuyasha episode 1. i then watched the entire series during the summer of 08. after that i remembered seeing 1 episode of a show called death note so i went on youtube and found that also. i watched it and i was hooked.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Apr 13, 2013 5:14 PM

Jan 2013
I started with Dragon ball and digimons adventure when I was a kid and I watched it on tv. But I stopped watching animes when I was around 15 and that I started watching them again a year ago. Because I watched Bleach when I was a kid too and I newer finish it so when I heard that it is ending soon I started to watch it again from the beginning. First I wasn't sure if I would like it now that I am older so I hesitated but then I diside to start watching it and if I don't like it it is easy to just drop it. But I dith like it then I started to look for something similar and ended watching Naruto and I liked it even more but I watched only Shounen animes and I thought that all others are crap because I couldn't imagine that animes of some more normal genre like horror or drama, comedy could be any good. Until I accidentally watched some action/romance anime thinking that it is Shounen and I liked it 10 times more. So I started watching some other genre too and I liked them and I realized that I had the totally wrong impression of animes. The more different genres I watched the more I liked animes as a hole. True, I still didn't watch animes of genre comedy, school, slice of life and pure romance because I never liked that kind of series that are non-animated because I didn't find comedy movies very funny and drama movies never made me feel anything. Then I watched some very sad anime and I was fucked up for a few days and someone recommend me to watch something easy and bright to cheer up myself and when I asked what he recommend me Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! I watched it without checking it out (if I did check it and saw that it's comedy school anime I probably wouldn't watched it) so I saw what kind of anime is just after downloading it so I decided that when I already took my time downloading it I could as well watch a few episodes before deleting it. But I find myself liking it pretty much true, I think that it was exception. Then after some time things turn out so that I watched few more school comedy romance animes and I liked them too so I realized that I just didn't like western humor and that it is the reason why I never find comedy movie funny but with animes it is a whole different story. Then I decided to give a shout to others genres that I didn't watch and I pretty match found at least one anime that I like from any genre. So now I watch animes of all genres and I like them match more than movies and non-animated series in general + I watched pretty match all movies and series that are good (around 2000+) so I didn't have what to watch so animes come in my life like a blessing.

PS: and this is the short version with a lot of details out :D
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Apr 13, 2013 5:16 PM

Oct 2012
The basics start-up. I grew up watching Toonami.
Apr 13, 2013 7:21 PM

Aug 2011
I found out about most non-mainstream anime by watching all these weird sonic blooper flash videos about 5 years ago, and a few of those videos had some references to stuff like Lucky Star (but at the time I thought that slice of life anime with a female only cast was girly or something). But I did watch shows like pokemon on TV before I went on the internet.
Apr 13, 2013 7:26 PM

Dec 2012
I've been watching since i was little (I started on Star Blazers and Pokemon), but I didn't really know what it was. In seventh grade, my friends made me read the first Inuyasha manga, so I ended up checking out the Bleach anime and I liked it. And now I'm obsessed with anime. But not Bleach or Inuyasha. Go figure that one out. xD
Apr 13, 2013 7:58 PM

Aug 2012
I watched the normal shows like Pokemon, Dragonball, Naruto and similars. About 2 years ago I just decided to watch Naruto online which lead me to Code Geass. CG was the one that hooked me and I went to Death Note. I watch some episodes every now and then, but during school it is tough when I have other things to do.
Apr 13, 2013 8:00 PM

Jun 2012
Let me explain this with a formula for an equation:

my dad+Toonami+me=my anime addicted self
Apr 13, 2013 11:35 PM

May 2012
my cousin was over at my place, watching FLCL on netflix, so i decided to watch it with him... then he got me to look up some anime stuff on youtube, and then i started watching the series's i saw on youtube, then BOOM, thats all i do anymore is watch anime :p
Apr 13, 2013 11:37 PM
Jan 2013
Youtube. Curiosity. FMA.
Apr 13, 2013 11:37 PM

Mar 2013
Well.Its probably Toonami and my own local anime channel Hero TV at first then I got my first computer then I searched stuff,read em and thats about it.

Apr 14, 2013 12:30 AM

Mar 2013
A Friend told me to watch fma and death note never looked back since
Rhaegar fought valiantly,
Rhaegar fought nobly,
Rheagar died.
Apr 14, 2013 2:16 AM

Jan 2011
Grew up on stuff like Captain Tsubasa, Sailor Moon, Ganbare Kickers, Saber Rider etc. so Anime was always there, even though I didn't know it was anime at the time.
Apr 14, 2013 3:13 AM
Apr 2013
Hello :D
Well for me it was very sudden. I never even planed to watch anime , never liked cartoons and also I thought that I am out of that age. So it happened over a year ago.. I am registered in a movie site (because I love watching movies). One day I found a message from a girl ( no name needed) . She offered me her account from a site called ANIVIDE.COM. Of course I said no (I didn't need it). But then I decided to visit that site (curiosity) and in the menu there was written manga . When I pushed it it showed me only a few titles , one of them was VAMPIRE KNIGHT. I was intrigued (vampires were popular at that time xD ). So since I wasn't up to for reading I decided to search for anime AND WHEN I FOUND IT I SWALLOWED IT IN TWO DAYS (school made it harder :) )(oh and I watched it with subs, didn't knew about dubbed ones) . I absolutely loved it , that whole anime thing got me !! The second was BLEACH !! And like that now I can't live without anime :)
Thanks to that girl who sent me a message to offer her account !!
Apr 14, 2013 4:03 PM

Feb 2013
Well, when I was younger I watched Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and DBZ. I never really realized they were animes just thought of them as cartoon. Fast forward like ten years later and one of my girlfriends was into Bleach. She made me watch it and I enjoyed it. After that I've been watching every good series I can get my hands on.
Apr 14, 2013 4:36 PM

Dec 2012
Friday night Bionix on YTV.
Apr 19, 2013 3:10 AM

Aug 2011
for me its a strange story, my friend came to my house one day to play army of two, time passed we both got a little bored and I switched to dead space while he pulled out his psp, after a while I wondered what he was playing on it, and it was valkyria chronicles, I had a few go at it, turns out pretty fun, but obviously there were loads of stuff that I didnt understand and my friend told me you gotta watch the anime to know it, so I did.

Turns out anime seemed to be pretty enjoyable and I went on and watched a few more shows, accumulating now I've watched hundreds of series
kek
Apr 19, 2013 3:12 AM

Apr 2013
Well back when I was watching Kiddy Grade(after DBZ which it stopped being screened by the television which screened it),I didnt had the notion of anime nor had any internet at that time.I think all the anime fuss started with Bleach followed by Highschool of the Dead and because I was lacking any knowledge of sites streaming anime I accidentally step over Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai which totally made me watch more anime.Death Note was totally boring for me,it is one of the animes made me sick of anime back in 2006.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 19, 2013 11:16 AM

Nov 2010
seen dragonball (+Z) after like 10 years i watched DBZ and gundam wing...

started to watch bleach and naruto (dropped both because of filler and just read the manga to get to the end of the damn thing)

started to get into anime after FMA (first one) and the clannad (AS) sealed the deal :D
Apr 20, 2013 9:28 AM

Jun 2012
My first anime was Love Hina. I don't know anyone in real life who is into Bleach, Naruto, Dragonball, or One Piece so I barely even knew what they were by the time I started watching.

First of all, I used to Pokemon on the Nintendo DS. I thought Butterfree was cute! So I watched a video on the internet about it. Then I accidently clicked a related video which happened to be the scene from Love Hina, where Keitaro meets Naru. I thought it was kind of funny so I decided I would watch it again later that day. I completely forgot about it.

A few years later (2011), I heard the song 'Teenage Dirtbag' for the first time, playing on the radio and I just thought "this is my song!" so when I got home I googled it, and one of the videos that appeared was a Love Hina AMV. I clicked it because it felt familiar to me, and from that AMV I developed got a crush on Naru, so I watched Love Hina.

After that, I watched more animes just for the cute girls, like School Days (my 2nd) and Rosario Vampire (my 3rd). After I watched Clannad I started moving out of the harem genre and decided anime was more than just 'cute girls', although I still love anime with cute girls and romance.
Shoot first, think never.
Apr 21, 2013 4:14 PM

Feb 2013
well i saw flcl when it was on adultswim and loved it but it didn't get me to look into any other anime
i really started getting into it when i saw highschool of the dead at a friends place
Apr 25, 2013 2:28 AM

Apr 2013
My first ep. was Voltes Five when I was a kid but the first series I was serious about was To Love-Ru that I saw on youtube. After seing a certain episode I started watching the anime fron other websites.
Apr 25, 2013 2:47 AM

Apr 2013
Cousin introduced me to Naruto. My addiction kicked off from there

Apr 28, 2013 8:48 PM

Apr 2012
Adultswim, AMV's, Naruto
Apr 28, 2013 9:18 PM

Apr 2013
when i got internets
Apr 28, 2013 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
Anime Network On demand
Apr 28, 2013 10:38 PM

Feb 2013
Before 5th grade? Whatever came on FOX. CN hadn't even started running anime yet.

After that? Video stores...where I discovered Slayers...before this internet thing popped up with all this downloading and streaming stuff.
Apr 28, 2013 11:37 PM

Feb 2013
When I was a kid I watched DBZ on Toonami, I had a friend from Japan when I was in elementary school and he liked anime so that had an influence on me. Then he moved away and I fell out of the anime loop until the summer of 2011 when my brother and I randomly watched Yu Yu Hakusho because we remembered it from Toonami and I've watched many anime's since then.
Apr 29, 2013 3:41 AM

Mar 2012
I started to watch Pokemon, Digimon, Dragonball Z and maybe a few others and I just went from there really XD I loved anime and I didn't fully get into it until last year (in terms of watching anime a lot!)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Apr 29, 2013 3:44 AM

Apr 2013
2 mnths ago my little brother suggested I give Baka and Test a try and have been hooked since.

At first I just wanted to see what he was watching and make fun of him, now my older brother makes fun of me, ironic huh.
Apr 29, 2013 4:53 AM

Mar 2013
I was very lucky to have grown up in a country outside of Japan that picked up on anime as a way to lure in the younger demographic. They would air popular titles in an animation block every afternoon, just in time for the kids to watch after school. Because of this I was able to watch many classic anime from the 90s and late 80s. I had the pleasure of going to school every day and raving about the latest episode of Pokemon/Yu Yu Hakusho/Fushigi Yuugi/Hunter x Hunter with my friends, and we would argue over who got which character when we play-acted scenarios from the anime. Anime wasn't something we discovered, it was just a natural part of our childhood. They were good times indeed. :)
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

Apr 29, 2013 5:07 AM

Aug 2009
My neighbor grew up in Japan and used to watch a lot of anime. I was already watching some stuff that was on T.V like DBZ, Sailor Moon etc., but I didn't know it was anime. When I got older they started airng better anime on T.V like Inuyasha, FMA, GitS:SAC etc. Then my interest grew and I started watching stuff on the internet and yeah I've been watching it pretty frequently from then on.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 29, 2013 6:33 AM

May 2010
My sister introduced me to anime when I was 5 years old :3
It was sailor moon! And Anime has had a special place in my heart since<3
Apr 29, 2013 9:36 AM

Dec 2012
I suffered an extreme depression after watching Clannad, so I wanted to watch other animes to take Clannad off my mind, aaand I eventually got into anime :p.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Apr 29, 2013 9:47 AM
Aug 2011
I don't remember.
Apr 30, 2013 4:18 AM
Aug 2010
One of my friends in high school lent me a copy of Onegai Teacher, Love Hina and Naruto to watch. Afterwards I began searching for other series to watch and my love for anime began.
Apr 30, 2013 5:30 AM
Feb 2013
I was corrupted by friends but now I love them :)
Apr 30, 2013 5:31 AM

Jun 2012
By watching Anime.
Apr 30, 2013 9:39 PM

Dec 2012
My best friend introduced me to Angel Beats! last year as a first anime for me to watch and I have been hooked ever since. I do not consider Pokemon anime which I was hooked on around 1st or 2nd grade.
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Apr 30, 2013 9:40 PM

Feb 2013
Cuz it was on TV
Pages (44) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 12 hours ago

19 by AverageRiceFan »»
51 seconds ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

19 by FanofAction »»
1 minute ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
15 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

69 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.