Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 31, 2013 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
Is Square Enix ever going to release this godforsaken game? I'm sure there's been topics on this before, but damn. What the hell is their problem? Kingdom Hearts 3 has been up in the air too. I even bought a PS3 during last year's black friday sale to play a ton of games (especially Versus XIII)

Now I hear they're moving it to the PS4. Seriously, their stupidity is way beyond me. By the time it's released, it might simply be crap.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite."(Steins;Gate)

Mar 31, 2013 8:15 PM

Jan 2008
Nope they're too busy working on remakes of older games. Yay for us.

FFX for Vita and Ps3. Lols?
Mar 31, 2013 8:31 PM

Feb 2013
First of all KH3 hasn't been announced, I don't know why everyone seems to think it has. But, yeah I've pretty much given up on Versus XIII, I'm more concerned with whether or not Type-0 is ever going to get localized, or whether or not Lightning's Return is going to suck as hard as XIII-2.
Mar 31, 2013 8:43 PM

Jun 2011
People still care about Final Fantasy? Square has lost their touch, and I see no reason to believe that this game is going to be any different.
Mar 31, 2013 8:50 PM

Feb 2012
I think the 10th anniversary of Square Enix is as good a time as any to bitch about FF, so I'm going to say this game will probably have severe issues if and when it does come out.
Apr 1, 2013 12:33 AM
Apr 2008
I gave up waiting for versus 13 and brought a 3ds instead
Apr 1, 2013 4:53 AM

Feb 2008
>buying console for an unreleased game that wasn't even confirmed
Lol.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 1, 2013 5:50 AM
Nov 2009
Paul said:
Nope they're too busy working on remakes of older games. Yay for us.

What's the point if you already played them? Damn Square Enix, that cash-milking whore.
Apr 1, 2013 7:14 AM

Feb 2008
I see no problem with Square Enix making remakes. FFIII and FFIV for the DS feel completely fresh and new, even if they are just remakes. And I look forward to possible FFV and FFVI remakes for the 3DS if they feel like making them.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 1, 2013 7:30 AM

Feb 2009
First of all there is demand for the HD remaster of FFX, a lot of people like myself would love to be able to replay it on the go and experience the great story again with much sharper textures. Making FFX HD won't interfere with the purported production of Versus XIII. Square are not in a great position financially and having a management restructure will probably lead them to rethink some titles they have in the works. My advice is to forget about Versus until E3 where they should announce something for the next gen.

Also, these remakes also give those who didn't get a chance to play the earlier Final Fantasy's to play and experience them now, i'm currently playing the first ever one on my Vita and loving it, having them available isn't an issue in my opinion. There are lots of companies that have had games in development which turned into vapourware, Versus did have a completely different style as far as we've seen of the gameplay in that video, and it is quite a risk, and perhaps they rethought it with the reception of the XIII series' different gameplay mechanics.

They do need to go back to basics and rethink their strategy with Final Fantasy, its fan base is still very, very large. JRPGs in general are suffering, and with the recent release of Ni No Kuni however, it shows people still want them. I do think their concentration on becoming more of a publisher has hindered the FF, Kingdom Hearts series, but they have released great games under their publishing arm, Tomb Raider, Deus EX and Hitman. I hope they keep that part up anyway.
Apr 1, 2013 8:53 PM

Feb 2013
Narmy said:
People still care about Final Fantasy? Square has lost their touch, and I see no reason to believe that this game is going to be any different.
Considering Type-0 was pretty awesome from what I played of the Japanese version, I have faith that Versus XIII can be great. FF clearly needs to evolve and as much as I love turn-based games the only way I can see it staying relevant is if it becomes real-time because Type-0 seemed like it was exactly what the series needed an open-world RPG with real-time combat, and Versus XIII is supposedly going to be just that, but on a much larger scale.
Apr 1, 2013 8:57 PM

Jan 2013
Square Enix is working on FF14.
Apr 1, 2013 9:10 PM

Nov 2008
FF Versus XIII=FFXV

It's vaporware that's going to be absorbed into a next gen FF.

Apr 1, 2013 9:30 PM

Jan 2013
Hoppy said:
FF Versus XIII=FFXV

It's vaporware that's going to be absorbed into a next gen FF.

This guy gets it.
Apr 2, 2013 1:15 AM
Nov 2009
Sami092 said:
First of all there is demand for the HD remaster of FFX, a lot of people like myself would love to be able to replay it on the go and experience the great story again with much sharper textures.

Of course there is demand for it. There are enough graphic whores who want remakes and even more remakes of an OK game. Rather than those, they should focus on making proper, new games.

Personally, I don't care about the FF franchise anymore. But it's still annoying.
Apr 2, 2013 2:27 AM
Mar 2011
FF has not been the same since Sakaguchi and tokida went but no Single FF game has ever broke the 5 Mliion sales mark the biggest selling console RPG [In Japan ie the Place were SE will relese the games first] is Dragon Quest VII thats only Just Got a re Relese so FF VII thats onliy about 7th or 8th has along wait
to put in to prospctive Based on Japanese sales [ were any remake will go o sale first]

no FF even as out sold Dragon Quest III wich Pre Dragon Quest VII was the Biggest Selling Consloe RPG here sold 3.28 mliion copies o famicom version only non of the remakes counted it was the 3rd biggest sellinf Famicom game and the biggest seller never to be a pack in game betten in sales by only mario and Mario Bros 3

and VS XIII wil never be made
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 2, 2013 5:39 AM

Jan 2013
The HD remake of FFX looks exactly like normal FFX.

Also, again, Square-Enix is currently working on trying again to make FF14 not crap.
Apr 2, 2013 8:50 AM

Feb 2013
Solvite said:

Also, again, Square-Enix is currently working on trying again to make FF14 not crap.
FF XIV is already out on PC, and at this point I'm pretty sure the console version is just as much vaporware as Versus XIII.
Apr 2, 2013 9:46 AM

Aug 2009
Solvite said:

14 is already made, unless they're making an expansion or remaking the game [Though its only an MMORPG]. From what I heard, they're still continuing the story from FF13 about Lightning's Last Journey.
Apr 2, 2013 8:44 PM

Nov 2012
Guys like i :)
I listen the poem with my Apple iPod, thinking the love in the old times .
Apr 2, 2013 10:32 PM
Jul 2011
Kairen said:
Solvite said:

14 is already made, unless they're making an expansion or remaking the game [Though its only an MMORPG]. From what I heard, they're still continuing the story from FF13 about Lightning's Last Journey.

They're currently beta testing a revamped version of the game (completely redoing everything from scratch). I'm pretty excited to try out the beta for it this weekend.

As for Vs 13, TGS this year will be the deciding point. Square Enix said they are going to announce a new FF at TGS this year (pro'bly for next-gen consoles like PS4). If it's not versus 13, then that game is never going to happen
Apr 2, 2013 10:35 PM
Mar 2011
FF has not been the same since Sakaguchi and tokida went but no Single FF game has ever broke the 5 Mliion sales mark the biggest selling console RPG [In Japan ie the Place were SE will relese the games first] is Dragon Quest VII thats only Just Got a re Relese so FF VII thats onliy about 7th or 8th has along wait
to put in to prospctive Based on Japanese sales [ were any remake will go o sale first]

no FF even as out sold Dragon Quest III wich Pre Dragon Quest VII was the Biggest Selling Consloe RPG here sold 3.28 mliion copies o famicom version only non of the remakes counted it was the 3rd biggest sellinf Famicom game and the biggest seller never to be a pack in game betten in sales by only mario and Mario Bros 3

and VS XIII wil never be made
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 3, 2013 8:46 AM

Jan 2011
I will hold on to my slim faitha and say that next year will be the rebirth of square if they decied to uveil and give a firm release date on all off their on hold itles. As for versus XIII, Tetsuya Nomura (who is also one of the few members left of the eary square soft team) has a lot on his plate so in my opinion its going to be a trade off either Versus XIII next year or KH3 reveal.
Apr 5, 2013 3:55 AM

Feb 2009
Solvite said:

First of all it's not a remake, but a remaster. Second of all they look much sharper and crisper, just from the images shown. especially Tidus' face which has been very improved.
Apr 5, 2013 3:57 AM

Feb 2009
Lucumo said:
Sami092 said:
First of all there is demand for the HD remaster of FFX, a lot of people like myself would love to be able to replay it on the go and experience the great story again with much sharper textures.

Of course there is demand for it. There are enough graphic whores who want remakes and even more remakes of an OK game. Rather than those, they should focus on making proper, new games.

Personally, I don't care about the FF franchise anymore. But it's still annoying.

Yeah it won't bring anything new gameplay wise either, and will cost a lot and take up a lot of time to remake. In addition, as much as people want a remake of FFVII, a lot of others wish for another to be remade. This is just nostalgia playing a significant role, i would much prefer they make new experiences which i still believe they're capable of doing. FFXIII wasn't even that bad, yes the linearity at the start was frustrating, but i can understand that it was story driven. I don't think it would have been much of a problem if the story was better tbh.

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

43 by BitChilly »»
2 minutes ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 2 hours ago

0 by SnipeStrike »»
2 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
10 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Apr 17

2 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.