Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 17, 2008 12:21 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not impressed at all. I could deal with the fact that Revy had crazy super human powers, because it was entertaining. These kids cross the line. It is just fucking stupid.

No new intro either, which is kind of a piss off. The current one is crap. The lyrics are in English and the singer can not even pronounce the words correctly. That is always a piss of for me, because good singers take classes to learn how to pronounce words in other languages while singing.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Dec 30, 2008 4:36 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
lol....

Creepy twins right from The Shining...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 11, 2009 4:57 PM

Aug 2008
Those two are f***d up.. reminds me of the incest kids from shakugan no shana
OmegaRed said:
No new intro either, which is kind of a piss off. The current one is crap. The lyrics are in English and the singer can not even pronounce the words correctly. That is always a piss of for me, because good singers take classes to learn how to pronounce words in other languages while singing.
Though she can't quite pronounce it, it's still a badass song.
Jan 16, 2009 11:55 AM

Jul 2008
The kids aren't legitimate vampires, are they? Kinda weird, but I thought it was pretty funny when the little girl whipped out that huge ass machine gun and started letting loose.
Apr 15, 2009 7:37 PM
Apr 2008
Okay, that's screwed up. This clearly isn't as good as the first season (although it's hardly a second season, the episode said it was number 13.)

Eeeek scary shota-loli incest assassin duo. I think they could be good characters as long as they don't outstay their welcome. They work as extremely scary Higurashi-like children, but their presence could be meh in a show about crime.

Jul 11, 2009 9:24 AM
May 2008
I like how the first season flows right into the second... and those creepy ass loli twins are sick little bastards... but I kind of like them...
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 14, 2009 12:52 PM

Jan 2009
Twins, mad, incestuous and seriously delusional... i like them *_*
and btw their nationality, i couldn't believe it... all those "frate mai mic" and "sora mai mare"and "buna seara"...

It means "little brother", "big sister" and "goodnight". It was really interesting and refreshing hearing my mother-tongue in an anime [this is the first time]
I find it creepy and also cool thinking that people from the same country as me could do things like that. I'm really excited to see what happens next ^_^!

Aug 20, 2009 9:36 AM
Jul 2008
This episode was truly disgusting both because of what it showed and what it implied. There are no excuses for associating little children and their laughter with such horrid bloodshed and madness. I don't know what message the authors are trying to get through (perhaps soldier children) but, whatever it is, they are inexcusable.
The scenes, apart from being horrifying, were also completely ridiculous. For instance such small children wielding huge guns and not even moving from the kickback! It seems this series has decided to completely cut any link to reality and become a madman's gore fest.
I hope the next episode will somehow redeem the show though I seriously doubt it.
Do not fear darkness. A path of shadows can only end into the light.
Aug 20, 2009 9:40 AM

Aug 2009
kerlyenai said:
This episode was truly disgusting both because of what it showed and what it implied. There are no excuses for associating little children and their laughter with such horrid bloodshed and madness. I don't know what message the authors are trying to get through (perhaps soldier children) but, whatever it is, they are inexcusable.
The scenes, apart from being horrifying, were also completely ridiculous. For instance such small children wielding huge guns and not even moving from the kickback! It seems this series has decided to completely cut any link to reality and become a madman's gore fest.
I hope the next episode will somehow redeem the show though I seriously doubt it.

Im pretty sure it already has been unrealistic when they flew their ship 100 meters into the air and unleashed a missle on a helicopter
[right]

Aug 20, 2009 10:05 AM
Jul 2008
Any art work, story or depiction is never perfectly realistic, by definition, and Black Lagoon is no exception. The show has been very unrealistic many times but it still tried to maintain a link to the real world. What I said in my post is that it seemed they had decided to get rid ofwhatever realism there was left in the show to become a crudely violent rant. Had they decided to change the tone to symbolism they might have been better off...
Aug 20, 2009 11:05 AM
Jul 2009
porkypink said:
kerlyenai said:

Im pretty sure it already has been unrealistic when they flew their ship 100 meters into the air and unleashed a missle on a helicopter

That's absolutely true about when they flew their ship 100 meters. None of it was that realistic in the first place, but I don't care if its realistic or not because it's an anime show. I personally, liked this episode a lot. Creepy. BUT I do kind of miss it being just a bunch of gunfighting and shit. And I don't think this is discusting. Because isn't Gunslinger Girl about little girl assassins?
Aug 20, 2009 11:16 AM
Jul 2008
You should perhaps have read my answer to the previous post...
Anyway, I have never watched "Gunsliger girl" but if it is anything like these last episodes then it is probably quite disgusting. In fact, if there isn't even an underlying truthful message then "Gunsliger Gir" is probably quite worse than these episodes of Black Lagoon. But, once again, I couldn't say as I have never watched that show, the name itself was so stupid and horrible, I did not feel like trying.
Aug 21, 2009 9:55 AM
Jul 2009
kerlyenai said:
You should perhaps have read my answer to the previous post...
Anyway, I have never watched "Gunsliger girl" but if it is anything like these last episodes then it is probably quite disgusting. In fact, if there isn't even an underlying truthful message then "Gunsliger Gir" is probably quite worse than these episodes of Black Lagoon. But, once again, I couldn't say as I have never watched that show, the name itself was so stupid and horrible, I did not feel like trying.

It is.. just anime. You don't gotta make a big deal about it, not like it's real children. Even though children can kill in real life. But whatever, you got a right to your opinion.
Aug 21, 2009 2:40 PM
Jul 2008
Well we all have different sensibilities and sometimes material may seem to shocking to one while perfedtly harmless to another. I was of course only voicing my opinion and not trying to impose my view.
By the way, I thank you for acknowledging my right to express my opinion. :)
Aug 21, 2009 2:45 PM

Apr 2009
porkypink said:
kerlyenai said:

You know, it's funny how these things work. I've never had a problem with the jump itself, but I never could get over the fact that it didn't shear off their prop. That scene is forever ruined because of those lazily spinning propellers as they sail through the air.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Aug 21, 2009 4:34 PM
Jul 2009
kerlyenai said:
Well we all have different sensibilities and sometimes material may seem to shocking to one while perfedtly harmless to another. I was of course only voicing my opinion and not trying to impose my view.
By the way, I thank you for acknowledging my right to express my opinion. :)

Your welcome, I always acknowledge that because it's true. Everyone has a right to their opinion whether you like it or not. And suppose we all do have different sensibilities.
Sep 8, 2009 2:17 PM

Nov 2008
I hated it =( I AM a sensible person, and I agree it is disgusting. Don't want to moralize. It was also boring for me, because those vampire-incest-overcruel twins are almost traditional characters in the anime of another type, and Black Lagoon has been something of another kind to me. Probably they have changed the director for the second season? Shitty

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Sep 8, 2009 2:20 PM

Apr 2009
Moonfrost said:
Lol vampires

Why do people keep mistaking them as vampires?
They are not.
They are just two really fucked up kids.

Stuff is exagerated in this anime a lot but theres no fictional stuff.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Oct 3, 2009 8:13 AM

Jan 2009
Hmm i don't know i enjoyed this quite a lot. I've always enjoyed the fucked up side of things though.

OP still rules. I also love how the ending music starts in this anime, closes off the show so well.
Dec 9, 2009 9:35 PM

May 2008
Cool they kept the Op from the first Season..
The twins are just plain creepy..
Dec 20, 2009 10:03 PM

Jun 2009
I actually don't really have a problem with the twins.
Except for the fact that that little girl would not have been able to fire that gun...
Otherwise they really don't bother me.

actually I also want to comment on an earlier post about gunslinger girl.
Those children were awful because they were devoid of feeling.
The Twins are more natural because at least they are doing it
for themselves instead of taking orders.
That is the difference for me

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Feb 6, 2010 1:45 PM

Jan 2010
I actually really enjoyed this ep. The creepy, screwed up twins makes for a decent arc.

Mar 15, 2010 12:24 AM
Nov 2009
Those kids creep the f*** out of me! I'm a little disappointed about the whole vampire thing because they seem to be in everything, but I still love Black Lagoon.

Mar 15, 2010 7:55 PM

Mar 2009
nice ep, was expecting something messed up and gore when seeing the edgar allan poe reference in the beginning.
May 1, 2010 6:29 AM

Jul 2008
To people who thought that Black Lagoon was realistic:

Seriously, I never saw anything in this series that would show that author cares about realism. The only thing the mangaka seem to care is badasness and action. The "Vampire Twins" fit the story perfectly.
May 8, 2010 6:29 PM

Mar 2010
Hot.
May 20, 2010 6:53 PM

Dec 2009
Creeptastic. Otherwise no complaints.
Such junk...
Jun 19, 2010 1:07 PM

May 2010
Shakugan No Shana anyone?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 20, 2010 9:08 PM

Oct 2007
So i start watching this, trying not to instantly downrate it to 1 ... but couldn't help it once they set that retarded kiddy action in motion. -.-

Oh well, next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2010 5:50 PM

May 2009
Balalaika is scary
And the children are crazy
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Oct 13, 2010 12:18 AM

Oct 2008
Fucked up kids are awesome. <3

Only in anime though.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 23, 2010 12:57 PM

Oct 2009
Awesome creepy kids. I don't personally understand the big fuss over the kids, It's only an anime, you must've seen waaaaaaay worse things in reality surely? This isn't an anime intended for 10 year olds so I don't mind it being a bit more risque at times.

But hey, like people have said before, that's you opinion and you are entitled to it.
Dec 14, 2010 5:09 AM

Jan 2010
LOL the vampires are Romanian xD
this is not stereotypical at all -_-,but i'm happy they mentioned my country anyway :D(or at least some phrases,that were funny very well said,even the accent was good!)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 20, 2010 6:01 PM
Jul 2010
I find it amusing to see a kid with a m249 saw when a kid that age wouldn't even be able to handle the recoil on a barret pistol or such...

10 year old girl firing a m249 from the hip... >.> oh dear children oh dear.. Child would be knocked off her feet from the first round
Dec 20, 2010 6:02 PM
Jul 2010
oh wait, it's a BAR... ok even larger recoil than a SAW in that case...
Jan 12, 2011 6:08 AM

Aug 2010
"Ladies aren't supposed to carry heavy things"

Lets off a round from one of the biggest guns i've seen in my life.

I totally thought of Shakugan no Shana when i saw those creepy twins ^^
Feb 27, 2011 11:54 AM
Jan 2010
There is literally nothing I hate more in anime than this shitty archetype of "an insane shota and loli who are also incestuous and invincible". Nothing. I hope they get killed in the most brutal way possible without any censors or I'm gonna have to think about dropping this shit right here.
Mar 13, 2011 11:22 AM

Jul 2009
BAR rifles weight atleast 20 kg, so using them that like means they're strong enough to atleast stay standing.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 17, 2011 3:02 PM

Aug 2010
I had doubts I was watching second season because it has the same opening. And yes those kids are creepy. They look like the Yosuga no Sora twins!
Apr 7, 2011 11:25 AM

Feb 2009
First Nazis, now vampires. Hellsing anyone?

Those kids sure are creepy, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and see where all this leads to.

One things that's still great about this series, is the huge amount of nationalities seen (there's no good or bad here, so it works even better) and the lot of references to American movies in general, It's always amusing spotting those out.
Jun 22, 2011 9:30 AM

Sep 2008
If these kids really turn out to be vampires, I'm dropping this, no matter how much I enjoyed and loved first season. Invincible vampire kids are both annoying and cliché, I can have that in any other anime.
Jan 19, 2012 5:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Love how the Russian mobsters scare the crap out of everyone.

Vampires?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 13, 2012 10:13 PM

Mar 2011
lol Clint Eastwood and a bunch of "The Shining" references.

Episode wasn't that great though.
Apr 14, 2012 2:04 AM

Jan 2012
Lol funny seeing that the twins are romanians like me o.0
Apr 20, 2012 5:19 AM

Mar 2010
its fine...
Aug 9, 2012 6:40 PM

Jul 2009
Balalaika looks furious as ever O____O

yay Eda!!!!

didn't notice her boosoms are big as that :D

i wonder how the Lagoon group will solve this.

what's up with the fucking haters lately??

the show is not trying to be realistic, even though it still tries to maintain a link to the real world.

plus it's only anime, what's up with the constant bitching about small details all of a sudden??

yet i rarely see any those complaints like Naruto, Bleach, and other anime's

oh what's that?? it's not trying to be realistic??

YOU DON"T SAY???? :O

for me while the kids are freaking creep, it didn't bother me at all.

sure there fucked up and sadistic, but it nothing cringe worthy like some people love act like it.

the laugh while irritating, is definitely freaking scary as hell.

also that english song, while having accent, is cool to hear.

the brother and sister singing sadistically as they poke the hell out of that person is just wow.

then again after finishing watching Shiki especially Ep 14, it's hard to cringe at other gory anime's now :\

still it's definitely interesting to see Vampires(??) in this anime.

guess we have Gang lords, Mafia, Nazi's, Nuns, Strippers, Maid's and now Vampires.

we just need Ghost and Goblins ha :P
Sep 6, 2012 4:41 AM

Aug 2012
I liked this ep a lot.

the twins are creepy and very interesting for the series, i dont know why people were hating them for being vampires (they could be fake vampires, not the fictional ones).

Black lagoon wasn't made to be realistic, The loveless maid, shows it.

Dont compare lagoon with the reality, just because little twins appeared to be sadic an crazy.
Sep 19, 2012 8:08 AM

Sep 2012
Whoa, these twins are completely fucked up...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Dec 22, 2008

192 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

figure8life - Apr 23, 2009

60 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 22, 2008

95 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 21, 2008

62 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 25, 2008

67 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.