Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 23, 2013 9:25 AM

Jun 2011
Alright, I see the error, it's stopped working for me now too. Here, use this one.

http://lite.framapad.org/

Just put "Ducat_Revel's Review" or something of the like in the blank spot and then post it.
Jun 23, 2013 9:31 AM

Jun 2011
Yay! I can see it!

It'll be a couple hours before I can seriously edit it though, because we're working on the Violence Jack thing.
ForgoneRealityJun 23, 2013 9:35 AM
Jun 23, 2013 9:40 AM

Oct 2012
ForgoneReality said:
Yay! I can see it!

It'll be a couple hours before I can seriously edit it though, because we're working on the Violence Jack thing.

Oh that's cool. And damn we have a lot of projects.

Also, is the Baccano review just for Popka or for the club?
Jun 23, 2013 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
I wrote that mainly to see how I could improve my writing ability in case I were ever to actually write a review for the club.
Jun 23, 2013 12:30 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah, sync.in no longer works. http://piratepad.net/front-page/ is the best alternative I can find, with a very similar interface (not as messy javascript issues as most other sites), since the chat and user windows are directly embedded into the interface rather than hoverable.

EDIT: Oh and on editor feedback, I think it'd do well to have the writer available while the editor gives his reactions/responses. That way they can mutually come across a better solution for certain portions and whatnot. Also, having that back-to-back discussion makes the job not only smoother but more fun. Makes it feel like you're not just carving away at a slate of stone writing.
nil-Jun 23, 2013 1:27 PM
Jun 23, 2013 3:13 PM

Jun 2011
Well, I've managed to write all of my comments on a page somehow separate from Nil's and Emmrys'... It's still Ducat's current review, and it's the same website, but they aren't merged.

Whatever, I'm just going to copy and past my stuff onto the one that Nil and Emmrys were working with. Tweaking it according to what they wrote. That's really weird...
Jul 2, 2013 2:54 PM

Mar 2012
Do you guys post these reviews on MAL? Didn't see anything about that in the OP. Also, the title is pretty misleading (it sounds like a thread geared to reviews in general).
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 2, 2013 2:57 PM

Sep 2012
Araby said:
Do you guys post these reviews on MAL? Didn't see anything about that in the OP. Also, the title is pretty misleading (it sounds like a thread geared to reviews in general).
You can find a Kaiba review by Forgone and a review of Harukana Machi-E by metamorphius posted. That's all we have for now.
Jul 2, 2013 3:04 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah, we've posted (only) two reviews so far, one is written by me and the other by Forgone (with the editing help of other participants in this project). Ducat's review of Tatami Galaxy is underway and should be finalized soon, I believe.
This is the club reviews' profile
http://myanimelist.net/profile/UberElitistClub/reviews

I hope we will have more reviews in the future. I know I applied to be a writer, and that I am kinda neglecting that right now, but I hope I'll find time in the future to write a couple more reviews.
Jul 24, 2013 2:44 PM

Oct 2011
Our very own 3nvy has written a front page review for Terra Formars, and it's pretty damn accurate.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/37563/Terra_Formars
Jul 24, 2013 4:47 PM

Aug 2009
That's all fine and dandy, but this thread is for reviews on the official club account, not individual members' reviews.

Btw, what happened to Ducat's review? Stuck in limbo?
Jul 26, 2013 2:28 AM

Apr 2013
Is there still a slot for editor 1/2 opened?
Jul 26, 2013 3:18 AM

Oct 2012
metamorphius said:
That's all fine and dandy, but this thread is for reviews on the official club account, not individual members' reviews.

Btw, what happened to Ducat's review? Stuck in limbo?

I'm sorry. Been planning on working on it, but there are just a couple of matters I have to prioritize first. I have a few academic projects and then my exams are coming up.

But I'm absorbing the comments on my second draft and will apply a bunch of corrections (especially Nil's final gripe with the review.) Hopefully after that, it'll finally get approved.
Ducat_RevelJul 26, 2013 8:58 AM
Jul 26, 2013 9:09 AM

Apr 2012
Yakub said:
Would it be possible for me to write a satirical review for the club, given it's ironic nature? I got hit by a divine wave of inspiration this fine morn and I am now in the midst of penning the most incomprehensibly pretentious Naruto review of all times. I think it could end up being a legitimate work of genius.

Looking forward to it. Ironically enough, I'm in the middle of writing a Naruto review myself, though I'm a bit more serious than you are about it XD
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 26, 2013 9:31 AM

Apr 2009
I disagree about publishing ironic reviews under our club banner, but I'd love if you'd participate in a normal review for let's say KNIM.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 26, 2013 9:43 AM

Jun 2012
We almost got shut down because admins thought we were writing troll reviews, so I disagree
Jul 26, 2013 9:52 AM

Apr 2009
Exactly, and we want to keep it that way.
Jul 26, 2013 10:52 AM

Apr 2013
perhaps, the mods need to be... enlightened *DUM* *DUM* *DUM*

I have mixed feeling on making KNIM review though. I mean, personally I prefer 1 good review on a good, underrated title rather than 10 review on 10 bad titles just for the sake of saying it's bad.
Jul 26, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2009
doraemon1992 said:
perhaps, the mods need to be... enlightened *DUM* *DUM* *DUM*

I have mixed feeling on making KNIM review though. I mean, personally I prefer 1 good review on a good, underrated title rather than 10 review on 10 bad titles just for the sake of saying it's bad.

All the reviews that are finishe dor in production are about good series, but I think overrated titles deserve a good review as well. Look at all the horrible reviews for long-running action Shounen, a good review at the top for once would be a nice change.

Btw, we have Baman in our member list. Doesn't that count?
Jul 26, 2013 5:04 PM

Jun 2011
It seems it was already said, but yes, no sarcastic reviews can be made under the Club name per the agreement made with the MAL mods.

To the writing reviews of bad shows, I'm all for it. I probably wouldn't want to just write paragraphs trashing something really bad, but mediocre and poorly done shows can certainly be part of the repertoire.
Aug 6, 2013 12:35 PM

Jul 2011
I don't know if I should post this here, or where, but basically I was just wondering if anyone felt like criticizing any of my reviews. I don't see myself as like a dedicated reviewer or even a particularly good one. I just sometimes find it fun to write up some thoughts on a show that has no current reviews on MAL. But I submitted one today, and randomly looked at my review stats, and was kind of surprised to see they have pretty bad "ratings".

I think it would be a pretty cool feature on MAL for people to be able to leave comments on your reviews. Although I guess they can just do that on your page, it would be neat to have discussions on reviews archived on the actual page of the show.

So I dunno, if anyone feels like it, feedback/tips on how to make these more useful or whatever would be appreciated.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kellhus/reviews
Aug 6, 2013 1:31 PM

Feb 2012
Kellhus said:
I don't know if I should post this here, or where, but basically I was just wondering if anyone felt like criticizing any of my reviews. I don't see myself as like a dedicated reviewer or even a particularly good one. I just sometimes find it fun to write up some thoughts on a show that has no current reviews on MAL. But I submitted one today, and randomly looked at my review stats, and was kind of surprised to see they have pretty bad "ratings".

I think it would be a pretty cool feature on MAL for people to be able to leave comments on your reviews. Although I guess they can just do that on your page, it would be neat to have discussions on reviews archived on the actual page of the show.

So I dunno, if anyone feels like it, feedback/tips on how to make these more useful or whatever would be appreciated.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kellhus/reviews

I'll look over one or two when I'm back from work tonight

Edit: I haven't seen any of the series that you've written your reviews for.
SaekoBusuAug 18, 2013 12:31 PM
Sep 26, 2013 2:41 PM

Jul 2011
SaekoBusu said:
Edit: I haven't seen any of the series that you've written your reviews for.

I try to pick series that I think many people probably don't know much about and/or are obscure. So people that haven't seen the series but are interested are kind of the audience I'm trying to write for.
Oct 9, 2013 9:56 AM

Apr 2012
Good morning/afternoon/evening, fellow enlightened ones.
I would like to offer my services and join the reviewer team, whatever way that may be.
Is there any way I can be of assistance?
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 9, 2013 9:58 AM

Jun 2011
Do you have a specific series in mind?

For the first few reviews, I know a lot of people wanted to stick with titles that were already on the Enlightenment list, so keep that in mind when trying to recruit people.

In order for anything to be published, your written review must have had at least two editors and one admin be involved. If an admin is one of your editors, then that's fine.
Oct 9, 2013 10:11 AM

Feb 2012
sushitheawesome said:
Good morning/afternoon/evening, fellow enlightened ones.
I would like to offer my services and join the reviewer team, whatever way that may be.
Is there any way I can be of assistance?

You're more than welcome to assist in any way you'd like, if you feel like you want to be on the fore-front of the action become a writer. You'll have editors behind your back assisting you in achieving the best review that you're capable of writing.

If you'd like to be more of a background worker, join up with the editing squad. You'll be able to offer assistance in titles that others are working on (although in order to partake it is preferred that you have seen the series but not required as you can be of assistance in the grammatical/punctual editing to make the format cleaner.)
Oct 9, 2013 10:30 AM

Apr 2012
@ForgoneReality
FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
And that...actually sounds pretty damn good. Having an admin look over everything, I mean.

@SaekoBusu
And that actually is very comforting. Not sure what exactly do I want to participate as (though I'd personally prefer writing the review or a part of the review), I just think it would be cool to work together as a team :D
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 9, 2013 10:35 AM

Feb 2012
sushitheawesome said:
@ForgoneReality
FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
And that...actually sounds pretty damn good. Having an admin look over everything, I mean.

@SaekoBusu
And that actually is very comforting. Not sure what exactly do I want to participate as (though I'd personally prefer writing the review or a part of the review), I just think it would be cool to work together as a team :D

For the time being I'll mark you down as a writer and this doesn't mean you can't partake in editing if a project appears that tickles your fancy.
Oct 10, 2013 10:30 AM

Feb 2012
I'm bad at writing reviews but here's a revision on my Bakuman review that I've been working on, i'll be doing some minor editing as well as editing a couple of things where need be but I thought I'd share it for initial thoughts and opinions.

http://lite.framapad.org/p/KJkXw9FLZA
Oct 14, 2013 10:04 AM

Jun 2011
Hey there Saeko, I'm just a bit confused as to which version of Bakuman you're reviewing there. You talk about the manga author + artist, but also mention seasons and episodes.

I've read part of the manga, and could finish it to be a 1st editor in due time, but I haven't seen any of the anime, so I don't have an opinion there. If you could just clarify, that'd be great.
Oct 21, 2013 6:35 PM

Feb 2012
Oh I thought I mentioned somewhere that I wasn't to nitpick a certain season, I can't displace bakuman as an entirety
Oct 22, 2013 12:26 AM

Apr 2013
I'm in for reviews, if anyone is working on anything I can help out or I can create one. Whether or not I will partake in a review or not will depend on how much time I have.
Though I will take requests for individual reviews.
Oct 22, 2013 9:26 AM

Jul 2013
How about we consolidate our individual reviews from the polls in to one review? Of course, it would have to be edited appropriately. The individuals wouldn't have to write more since we have enough text there to get across what made the show stand out. That way, the reviews would cover multiple views that are also representative of the club members.
Nov 4, 2013 12:18 AM

Oct 2012
Hello fellow forum virtual persons people guys

I would like to offer my services, if possible, to you reviewers.

As much as I can express my opinion both in a subjective way or an objective way, one of the thing I love most about animes is:

1. Maturity
2. History/Culture

As someone who loves history and study art (and so history of art), seeing historically accurate stories is a delight to me. That, when an author adds some of his/her imagination to his world, every historical aspects is accurate. I love to point those things out and also, with this, add metaphorical points - I can go as far as analyzing why does this character always wear red, sometimes it's obvious, sometimes not, sometimes it's irrelevant, sometimes it is.

I don't know if I made it pretty obvious thus far, but my first langage isn't english (it's french - and oh boy does the french/canadian french community is full of weeaboos...), so that's why I'm not asking to be a writer - obviously.

Then, I shall wait for your answer, hoping I can be of any help.
Jan 21, 2014 8:16 AM

Jun 2012
And... here it is:

http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=129681

Since I can't get on skype at the moment I thought this is probably the best place to get good feedback. I haven't suggested this as a club review because I use a very personal and ranty tone that might make the review "unprofessional" but if you guys say it can be used for the club, I am more than willing to take it down and leave it to the editors.
Apr 6, 2014 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
I've just posted a review on Bartender. Votes (especially positive ones ;) ) and comments are welcome; also feel free to use any parts of it if you wish.
MaegilApr 6, 2014 11:01 AM
My favorite genres: good Quality, better Quality, best Quality, Über-Quality.
Scoring criteria: Existence does not precede Essence.

Current status: OFFLINE. Even if not really.
I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Apr 6, 2014 1:53 PM
Jul 2012
Wish that more people clicked helpful in mine reviews.......
Apr 6, 2014 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
DarknessOfEmo said:
Wish that more people clicked helpful in mine reviews.......
I'm NOT a regular reviewer, but took a look at your reviews and am convinced that you really have to improve in several aspects, and (while extremely important) your English might be the least of it.

Please don't take offense, but I'll be quite blunt for your own good.

- First you need to define your standards. By MAL default (and I recommend you to use them at least for a start), a 7 would mean "Good", but look at what you did here:
Characters(7): Now the characters I have a minor problem is this one is they aren't really interesting,that you want to stay focused on the fantasy characters and not the slice of life characters.Also the development of the characters are nonexistent, except for Mato who at least she works on her development on the ova version not the tv version.
What I understand from this is that the characters are actually average or lower, and shouldn't have rated more than 5 or maybe even 4.

- Secondly, organize your thoughts better. Here your score reflects some deep displeasure, but although you wrote quite a bit, your ideas got garbled and you didn't manage to explain a thing.
Story: The story is reptive. Why because the endless eight. What does that mean? It means it keep showing the same scenes over and over again exepct diffrent camrea angles diffrent clothes etc. So don't waste your time watching those. Another problem is how they sort each episodes. The first twelve episodes in first season and the second twelve in the second season. It is terrible how the writers does this just plain awful. The last four episodes they just doing the movie. Rating 2/10
So, it seems that they keep coming back to the same scene, but you don't even try to say whether this scene is important, and you're obviously not complaining about the use of stock images. Then you actually made me laugh - were you by any chance complaining that the first 12 episodes should have been aired as the second season, or something? Finally, are you saying that there is a movie made out of grouping the last four episodes, or were them a movie broken up in four parts? In any case, why should we care - did it actually affect the series' quality?

- Thirdly, be more helpful.
Characters: Now the characters they are awesome even the cast are short. My favorite characters are Ninja ninja he's a partner by afro. He's funny but talks too much. And afro. Can't explain more on the characters. Rating 9/10
Are they shallow, philosophic, a bunch of psychos, stock characters, what? Do they grow during their adventures or remain the same, with fully formed personalities? Likable, or grotesque? All we know from this is that there aren't many of them, and one of them is a chatterbox - and we're not even informed if this trait is important to the story (BTW, it's not, it's just a bit of useless trivia).

In the end, I think your best review was Mars of Destruction - you were so speechless with disbelieving rage that you weren't able to fumble the pure disdain for the series... it's the only one that I can actually call helpful.
MaegilApr 6, 2014 3:33 PM
My favorite genres: good Quality, better Quality, best Quality, Über-Quality.
Scoring criteria: Existence does not precede Essence.

Current status: OFFLINE. Even if not really.
I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Apr 13, 2014 10:35 PM

Aug 2009
Hey ya'll,

I was wondering if the editors could take a look at my review for Space Bros and proofread it? If it's good enough, I don't mind publishing it to our UberElitist account.

Here it is:

http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=707269
Apr 14, 2014 6:48 PM

Jun 2011
Thank you very much, Mango! I will most certainly work as an editor on that once I have the time.
I know, terrible words, but I've already gotten some major stuff done this weekend and I'm halfway over the hump on this mound of work. So I'll hopefully be able to help with that soon.
Jun 20, 2014 7:11 AM

Apr 2010
I was bored and did a review for Ping Pong and Perfect Blue. I would like some comments/critics and so on. I tried to be as objective as i can and staying calm. I'm also not so extraordinary at english so it took me a while to make the reviews and spell check everything :P But yeah, I think I did my best.

Ping Pong
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=147683
Perfect Blue
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=143481
galimxJun 20, 2014 8:45 AM
Jun 20, 2014 8:54 AM

Apr 2012
Upvoted both. Short, but very well-thought out and straight to the point. Excellent job, galimx.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 20, 2014 11:03 AM

Apr 2012
sushiisawesome said:
Upvoted both. Short, but very well-thought out and straight to the point. Excellent job, galimx.

Short? :D
Jun 25, 2014 12:39 PM

Mar 2012
Alright, guys I've written my NGNL review.

Pastebin version: http://pastebin.com/M2SgeQML

Someone needs to either finish off my sound bit or take it away. But otherwise, do whatever the hell you want with it because it's super rushed and I probably missed some points. Have fun~.
Jul 2, 2014 10:53 PM

Jun 2013
Wrote a review on Mekakucity Actors. Would be glad if you guys could check it out and give constructive criticism ^_^.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/FloatsBoats/reviews
Aug 6, 2014 9:48 AM

Jun 2010
I did a couple reviews myself. One of Soul Eater, the other one Michiko To Hatchin (it was my first review and obviously, I think it's the worst one I've done) but like I said I've only done to so here you go

I am planning on doing more BTW
SolidPayneAug 6, 2014 12:56 PM
Aug 6, 2014 10:24 AM

Apr 2012
I dont write reviews anymore, but Ive written 2 of them about a year ago, one for Shigetsutan Tsukihime and the other for Hataraku Maou-sama.
If you feel like checking out some laughable writing skills then feel free to check em out.
Aug 6, 2014 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
Not sure if we should be posting our own reviews here. The point of this thread is for collaborative work on the group's review account just as a heads up. I was about to post my own reviews as well but it had escaped me for a short time the rules of the thread, so perhaps try to refrain from self-promotion unless authorized by the admins and officers. Not trying to be a stick in the mud, but just letting you know. :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.