Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 26, 2013 9:43 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
ThangLong said:

Well, aren't they precious? :D Bring on the competition. Season 2 is imminent! ^_^

I'm still waiting for subs but I can say this with all certainty: this is the most memorable anime I've seen in Winter season. I would recommend anyone looking into the musical genre Honoka and her group of nine singing Goddesses )

I'm glad to hear Star Dash again. μ's first single performed on the same stage but this time with all 9 members, and a full house! This poetic evolution continues Love Live's trend of subtle messaging.

In one hand, this marks the ending of μ's first hurdles: creating the group, gathering popularity, and keeping the team together. μ has grown from a three person team to nine Goddesses. The stage was empty before but now it is full of fans. A-rise is forced to hear the first bang from their competitor :D. And most important of all, Kotori stays. Honoka, congratulation to your relentless spirit, you win again!

In the other hand, a new beginning has come. μ with 9 members performed their first song with better tune, improved choreography, and nicer backdrops. Everyone's voice mixes well together, and the singing was lower in relative with the music volume so the song sounds more like a studio's professional recording. You can notice that the PVs in episode 11 is also like this. All in all, this is a subtle way of showing improvement without sacrificing the first couple PVs' quality too much.

However, the CG in this final PV is too noticeable again >_<. Maybe this is the reason that Ep 11's PV was named: The Best Performance?! Plus, what is this??

The head man, the head! :)) Harasho...

A-Rise is speechless. That's right they know Muse was better than them.

Hey, Hey, Hey, Start Dash!!!
If there is a Season 2 it will most likely focus on getting to face A-Rise and life without Kotori.

Jun 27, 2013 2:27 AM

Sep 2012
Season 2 is already green-lit for Spring 2014!!! But I am sure Kotori will still be part of u's for season 2.
Jul 1, 2013 10:04 PM

Jan 2013
It's going to be a loooooonnnnggg wait for the second season. =/
Salmon is delicious.
Jul 2, 2013 3:42 AM

Sep 2012
Exaccus said:
It's going to be a loooooonnnnggg wait for the second season. =/
Lots of singles and PVs and concerts to tide us over luckily :)
Jul 30, 2013 2:39 AM

May 2013
Gave the series a 8/10, good but not better than similar shows like K-On and Idolmaster IMO. Still, will definitely watch season 2, wonder how it will work since the year 3s are graduating.
Sep 18, 2013 8:22 PM

Feb 2013
The final concert was fitting.

I'm a bit disappointed in the show. I was expecting more "energy" out of it. Oh well, it was still pretty fun to watch. I hope they step it up a notch for season 2.

5/10 (average)
Sep 25, 2013 9:15 AM

Jan 2013
Good series. Exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to 2nd season. Hopefully we can see them compete in love live next season.
Oct 10, 2013 2:44 AM

Jan 2012
can't believe I finished the whole thing....

I normally drop this kind of girly cringe-inducing predictable type of anime after 1 or 2 EP.

Lots of unfamiliar voice actresses that didn't sit quite well with me but that'll grow over time I suppose.

Songs are somewhat catchy but very cringe-worthy.

Would bang them all /10
Jan 8, 2014 12:54 AM

Dec 2008
This was...a lot better than I figured it was going to end up as.

The last three episodes were hard to watch as a Honoka fan, and while I wish the ending was handled slightly differently, the overall result was to be expected either way.

Really late into this whole business, but definitely looking forward to the second season.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jan 11, 2014 7:22 PM

May 2013
I just recently watched the entire series, and I really enjoyed this anime. It was cute, and it spent plenty of time of showing the girls working on idols and spent time with them interacting. I don't usually like these types of anime, the closest thing I liked to it was Free!

Anyway, I enjoyed watching the girls' story, but I dunno if I'll stick around for the 2nd season since I was happy on the note this one ended on.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Jan 12, 2014 6:05 PM

Jul 2012
I ended up liking this a lot more than I thought I would! I had so much fun watching.

The songs weren't anything out of the ordinary and the type I expected but I really enjoyed them. Start;Dash and Susume Tomorrow are probably my favourites but they were all good.

This is the series that got me into idol anime and now I want to watch more idol series! So glad this is getting a second season :D
Feb 12, 2014 1:02 AM
Mar 2008
Super cheesy end. Also, all the lives were a shitfest of terrible CG and way over the top coreography.
4/10.
Feb 15, 2014 4:32 AM

Sep 2013
Those manly tears from Honoka's dad...

*ahem* When I think about this series and idolm@ster, I think that idolm@ster's tried to present the life of idols but ended up going over it's SoL aspects and individual characterization while Love Live! wanted to focus on friendship dynamics, and ended up portraying idol hardships (I know that sounds awkward) and, in my opinion, did better performances.

Not that I actually know anything about idols.

Anyways, the plot went towards a weird direction in these last few episodes, although "idols" as a genre is pretty limited. The characters as a whole are strong, but individually only a few actually stand out. Character development was limited to the three juniors and Eri, as after their assimilation into the mastergroup most of the characters faded. Production seemed a bit low-key and was somewhat inconsistent (although to an extent, improved) throughout the series.

By all rights I should hate this show- but I don't, and I don't know why.
Mar 26, 2014 1:56 PM

Sep 2013
I enjoyed this series a bit more than I thought I would, although I had a feeling that I would like it, since I enjoy corny music shows. I settled on a base score of 8 for the combined good qualities and small flaws in the characterization, plot, animation, and music, and then I added one point because I found something special in this show - it is a little hard to put my finger on it. I'll leave the score at 9 until I see the second season; I could revise it depending on how it goes. (I prefer to rate series as a whole, and I don't differentiate between seasons or rate specials differently unless there is a compelling reason to do so.)

Probably my biggest complaint with the series is animation quality during the performances. Usually, I don't get too hung up on animation quality, but it is hard to ignore here. Budgets for anime are limited, and to match the animation quality of the best 1940s Hollywood cartoons (which had massive budgets) would be impossible these days. The performance sequences in this series, unfortunately, need that level of animation quality to match the energy of the music. Hopefully the second season will see some improvement in this area, although given the financial realities of the industry, I doubt it will get a lot better.

The final episode moved rather quickly, resolving issues a bit clumsily. It seems like about two episodes worth of material have been packed into one. It turned out as I would have predicted; the only question was how would the narrative get there in the limited available time. The final performance was a nice ending.

Even though I'm complaining about a few things here, they are more nitpicks than serious issues. On the whole, I find the series, and even the somewhat rushed final episode, very successful.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Apr 9, 2014 6:00 AM

Apr 2009
Honestly the last two episodes dragged this show down. And the ending is forceful to have a happy ending. Superb music and animation and a lots of enjoyment.

Season 2! 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2014 4:22 AM

Dec 2012
I really like that song Start Dash. I can really feel the intensity of the emotions and passion poured into it and the choreography has come a long way since the first time they performed it. Lol @ those moe llamas. After watching their performance again, I notice A-Rise was watching them. Oh boy, I wonder what they think.

And that's a wrap on my 2nd idol anime. A really fun series with lots of great performances. The CGI was a little awkward sometimes but for the most part it was mesmerizing. The character designs were very bright and vibrant, and the personalities that went with them equally so. The story wasn't ground breaking, but still a very enjoyable series and I'm glad that I waited for season 2 to start this. I'm ready for more.

8/10
May 17, 2014 2:56 PM

Nov 2012
The supporting characters save the day! The ending was meh, but for an idol anime, I thought it was good and enjoyable to watch.
Jun 19, 2014 1:44 AM

Mar 2008
Very nice ending. Plus, Everyone who called Honoka a bitch the last episode should slap their selves right now. Everyone has their problems & she worked through them. Now onto the OVA & second season. ^^
Jul 16, 2014 4:15 AM

Aug 2008
Kotori's crying face is so....CUTE. That cliche study aboard thing is kind of over used....but that's my only complaint of this episode. I think they wrapped it up pretty good. I didn't expect them to be singing Muse's first song! That caught me off guard, in a good way.

I really hope A-Rise and Muse meet in season 2.

Moe girls and awesome animation + OST, 8/10.
Well it's time for season 2~~~ Nico nico ni~~
Jul 22, 2014 11:12 PM

Nov 2010
This was better than i was expecting.
And high hopes for Second season.

7/10
Jul 27, 2014 11:09 PM

May 2009
Amarrez said:
I really didn't like the last two episodes. It floored all the good momentum of the series with silly drama, then resolved that drama in an equally silly way. Bleh.

Gotta say this second post sums my thoughts exactly about the last two episodes. What the hell was that all about? Especially with Kotori, I like her as a character, but when she decides to do something stupid like studying abroad even though she actually wants to stay then WHY would you make that choice in the first placeajsldkfj;lasdj /rant

I was really presently surprised by the trials and tribulations that Honoka went through to form the idol group up. However, after that, it turned into a cute girls doing cute things anime like what I expected in the first place. Kind of a let down after how brilliant the "group-forming arc" was.

8/10 for me.
Strawhat_PirateJul 29, 2014 8:38 PM
Aug 18, 2014 8:44 PM

Feb 2014
I honestly didn't expect it to be this good. I thought it was going to be just another moe show with the theme of music thrown in (if not used entirely as a gimmick) that would later take a back-seat in favour of SoL shenanigans. But it turned out better than I expected. I in fact liked it more than The Idolmaster. The characters were great, the comedy was also good (none of that typical anime deformed faces with pink backgrounds and lens flares), and most of all, the songs were actually good for a change.

@Strawhat_Pirate Kotori's plot in these last couple of episodes was probably the only thing I didn't like in this show. I thought she was actually conflicted on which one to choose, but no, let's add some drama so that it completes the whole "Umi and Kotori always need a little push from Honoka" theme.
VhailorAug 18, 2014 8:50 PM
Sep 3, 2014 6:32 PM

Oct 2012
Maki's and Kotori's mothers know themselves? What a twist :D (I wonder what's the story behind this)

Not much for the last episode as it could have been a lot better in terms of dialogues or atmosphere and their last dance wasn't on par of their previous songs. As such, this didn't have so much impact.
But, and that's important - it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Overall it was lovable series and fresh new take on idol groups anime and pleasant surprise. I like the characters and those songs also.
Let's Start:Dash for the new season and see if they can get even better!

7/10
Mich666Sep 3, 2014 6:39 PM
Oct 8, 2014 6:26 PM

Feb 2013
What a gem of a show. I loved it....probably more than I wanted to.....

9/10

Probably more than it deserves, but I loved it....can't wait to start season 2.
Nov 13, 2014 2:35 AM

Apr 2014
I wasn't expecting to enjoy this as much as I did but damn what a great watch. Season 2 here I come!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2014 9:49 PM

Jul 2013
Didn't think they'd bring Kotori back and she'd go so readily. I wonder how they're gonna work around the 3rd years leaving though next season (unless time has been passing slower than I thought, but even so Love Live is a yearly thing).

Satisfying ending though!

8/10
Dec 11, 2014 9:46 PM

Jan 2010
I didn't like the last few episodes for the whole Kotori bit seemed so sudden, especially since the whole ordeal was piled on top of Honoka overworking herself. It felt like two events that should have been spaced farther apart, as together they seemed unreasonably heavy at this point of the show. I enjoyed the series for the sheer amount of dumb fun it is, particularly the comedic style. I'm not sold on the drama, but I was at least okay with everything else.
Dec 20, 2014 12:54 AM

Oct 2013
Hmm. As a person who really hates idols, I can say that Love Live! was actually pretty damn good. That drama in the end was pretty terrible though.
Dec 24, 2014 4:02 AM

Apr 2013
All the melodrama they started pilling up as the show progressed killed it for me, it started so great too, with good humour, I even got Ippo vibes [somehow], but then it turned gay, & fast.
Dec 24, 2014 10:38 PM

Jun 2008
All that drama for nothing.....

This ending kinda sucks tbh and really anti-climatic...

BUT, it was a fun ride, and I don't even like idols, but they're all so goddamn cute....pretty entertaining I guess.
Jan 17, 2015 10:37 AM

Apr 2012
This episode made me smile so much omg
Jan 17, 2015 10:40 AM

Nov 2012
damn, just finished all 13 episodes in 1 day
damn you maki you are 2kawaii4me :p

gonna sleep and finish season 2 tomorrow, i love weekend XD
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 25, 2015 2:46 PM

Nov 2009
I am glad I went into this with an open mind as I really enjoyed this series, Wasnt a big fan of the drama though, I thought it was very forced and resolved way too easily, Id rather them make the harder choice of Kotori actually going abroad with Honoka saying goodbye at the airport, Would have opened it up for a new member in the 2nd season and keep things very fresh for the next few episodes. Still I enjoyed this so my rating is 8/10.
Feb 20, 2015 5:22 PM

Jul 2011
The last few episodes were terrible and especially the resolution. >>
But that last performance got me.

Got teary eyed, even though it was so illogical how they could have pulled it off. XD

Now to marathon S2, which I'm looking more forward to. Since it's actually about Love Live. XD
Feb 25, 2015 5:44 AM

Nov 2009
"oh hey my friend has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel abroad and study in the course of her dreams! but fuck it I want the group to get back together for my own selfish reasons so I'm just gonna forcefully pull her back!"

"I'm dumb and I can't make my own decisions about my future! actually, I already know what I want but hey it'd be nice if the decision was made for me cos I obviously can't think for myself!"

fuck this show and fuck its characters. it was so good until some dumbass decided to force contrived and unnecessary drama into it at the eleventh hour, completely ruining the light and fluffy tone the series had built up.
Mar 7, 2015 3:10 AM

Dec 2013
So finally over. Watched it just for Niko so I'm not disappointed but objectively speaking this was bad. The music was popshit but I hoped they'd at least play instruments :| It was boring as hell for the most part. I hope K-on's better.
Don't think I'll watch second season anytime soon if at all.
Mar 8, 2015 9:17 PM

Mar 2013
Loved it. Loved Kotori. 9/10 would watch again.
Mar 8, 2015 9:20 PM

Jul 2013
It was good, but S2 Episode 11 is where the real feels are.
Apr 12, 2015 6:15 PM

Nov 2012
It was never really serious because of the background music lol

Honoka's dad was crying at the end XD
Apr 26, 2015 1:10 AM

Oct 2014
That was great. I had so much fun watching it.
May 4, 2015 7:53 AM

May 2015
Got pretty silly towards the last three episodes, but wasn't ready for the drama. Fun show for sure.
Jun 10, 2015 9:37 AM

Jul 2014
Started quite well but gradually, very gradually fell apart until the trainwreck of the last two episodes. The drama of episode 12 was bad enough on its own, but it's made even worse by the fact that they resolved it in such a half-arsed way so quickly just to try to make the series seem interesting. It was just a waste of time which ultimately ruined the series.

6/10 for me, and I don't think I can be bothered to wach the second season now.
Jun 18, 2015 3:44 AM

Jun 2015
welp, it's over

gotta watch season 2, bye
Jun 19, 2015 4:33 PM

Sep 2010
Good end for the first season

7/10 I will watch the second season at a later date. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 22, 2015 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
gosh! that was very emotional, but surprisingly i didn't cry!
Jul 16, 2015 12:14 AM

May 2014
Very good season, very enjoyable anime! Start: Dash easily took in as my favorite song, it's very uplifting!

I was going to give this my standard 8/10, but it definitely deserves more. Pretty well every main character had their moments, and they all had progression as characters. Not only were all the characters very loveable in their individual ways, but the story was also something to admire as many anime take the easy route out by not taking itself too seriously. This anime definitely did, so it easily deserves a 9/10!

Looking forward to watching season 2!
Aug 6, 2015 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
In the end it was good show. Too much CG for me, it would be much better with standard animation. They could just limit their dances for a half and do it in normal way, it looked like Miku Miku Dance shit.
I'm disappointed that Sunrise had done something like that, it is really a shame, because they will be using it more and more in future shows.

15fps (or less) standard, we'll done animation >>>>>>>>>>>>>> bad standard animation >>>>>>>>>>> poop >>>>>>>> more poop >>>>>>>>>>> super hi 60fps 3DCG shit.

I will be complaining about CG everytime I will see it, sorry.

Anyway, time to watch second season.
rsc-plAug 6, 2015 2:32 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 8, 2015 2:08 PM
Jan 2010
It was such a fun ride, never though I'd enjoy show about (non magical) girls this much, 8.5/10 from me, girls earned it
Sep 1, 2015 10:19 PM

Sep 2008
This show is so underrated here on MAL.
Oct 13, 2015 11:38 PM

Jan 2015
This series really was brilliant, not on the level of Parasyte or anything but still great! 8/10 from me, I loved this for its enjoyable characters, great character development and for the fact that it's a good series to watch if you want to smile! Can't wait to watch season 2, however I sort of hope it doesn't get dramatic like this season did. It was good and all but I was so close to crying! I had to tilt my head back to prevent tears from streaming down my face like Honoka's dad xD
Such a nice ending though, I'm so glad my waifu Kotori isn't leaving!
WizilizOct 16, 2015 11:19 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

204 by Salty_Cookie »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.