Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2013 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, series is over.

"Alibaba" vs. Morgania huh? Hmm..anyways, ya I guess Aladdin was able to get through Alibaba-kun. Finally:

Oh and of course, Sinbad is being a badass this episode. Overall, I thought the finale was okay although I find the fights to be quite stale. I was also hoping to see Judal in action again. Still, I guess this finale settles it. Dat world of Magi.
Mar 31, 2013 1:27 AM

Nov 2007
Next season @ Autumn?

That old wheel chaired guy is creepy to sacrifice his body with crocodile monster. It's not a good idea to anger a female.

It's time for Aladdin to save Alibaba, just like Alibaba saving Kassim. It's nice to have him support both of them.

Sinbad was already dirtied, and that was just a little thing for him? He's so strong to have both light and dark sides.

Ishida-san's voice at the end...
tsubasaloverMar 31, 2013 3:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 31, 2013 1:30 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
New series @ Autumn?

Mm, I'm not sure so far. It doesn't seem to be any other series to replace its time slot right now.
Mar 31, 2013 1:44 AM
Oct 2012
Okay, does anyone know what that says exactly?
If they are planning to make a second season I'll cry (not from happiness)
Mar 31, 2013 2:04 AM

Sep 2011
tsubasalover said:
Coralira said:

"Next Autumn/Fall 2013"
Meaning there's more on Fall 2013, but not sure if it's 2nd season or something else relating Magi.

So they're going to do a Season 2 when they already screwed w/ Manga? Lolwut..More original story.
Mar 31, 2013 2:08 AM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:
Coralira said:

"Next Autumn/Fall 2013"
Meaning there's more on Fall 2013, but not sure if it's 2nd season or something else relating Magi.
The TV screen also said it will "go to Magnostadt". It looks to be a second season.

symbvMar 31, 2013 2:14 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 31, 2013 2:10 AM
Aug 2011
Fall 2013

They went there.

I
can
not
believe
they
just
went
there

Talk about getting a feeling so complicated. Finally I understand what that means.
Mar 31, 2013 2:37 AM

Apr 2010
If it wasn't already, R.I.P. Magi anime forever if there is indeed a season 2.

All we can hope for is a HxH 2011 to happen to Magi. Difference is, the original HxH was good.
Mar 31, 2013 2:44 AM

Aug 2009
It's official. Magi season 2 comes fall 2013

I have to grief over all the manga-material that were rushed or lost in season 1. Hope they'll do a better job next time.
Mar 31, 2013 2:45 AM

May 2012
There is second season ?!! I'm happy now
Mar 31, 2013 2:48 AM
Feb 2012
Hahaha fucking really, A-1? They dare to make a second season after they took a shit on the first one? Good thing then. It'll just be a season without Alibaba since he *should not be alive* due to turning into a giant dark A-1 fail!
Screw the second season, let Madhouse take over and start it from scratch.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 31, 2013 3:40 AM

Sep 2011
GuiltyKing said:
Hahaha fucking really, A-1? They dare to make a second season after they took a shit on the first one? Good thing then. It'll just be a season without Alibaba since he *should not be alive* due to turning into a giant dark A-1 fail!
Screw the second season, let Madhouse take over and start it from scratch.

Did you even watch the episode?
Mar 31, 2013 3:54 AM
Feb 2012
Whatever they do to redeem Alibaba, it's not faithful to the source material much less its world's mechanics. Once one falls into depravity, they are bound to die soon after.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 31, 2013 3:56 AM

May 2008
I don't really understand if they kept so many things from the manga then why change it in the first place so it is not even makes sense? Knowing there's going to be a second season, I just don't understand A-1's thinking.
Ishida Akira as Yunan is just perfect and I think I heard Nakamura Yuuichi as Kouen :D
Mar 31, 2013 4:47 AM
Mar 2012
A-1 you are too early, April 1st is tomorrow
Mar 31, 2013 5:22 AM

Aug 2009
Seriously, I'm so positively surprised by episode 25 I can't be mad over any deviations from the original source right now. Because holy mother it was a great season ending.

Season 2 I'm ready!
mikadocsMar 31, 2013 5:33 AM
Mar 31, 2013 6:37 AM

Jun 2009
thepath said:
There is second season ?!! I'm happy now

me too butting two new voices in in the end and stop it like this would be ....

Anyways hope for better 2nd season
Mar 31, 2013 6:38 AM

Jun 2009
sayami said:
I don't really understand if they kept so many things from the manga then why change it in the first place so it is not even makes sense? Knowing there's going to be a second season, I just don't understand A-1's thinking.
Ishida Akira as Yunan is just perfect and I think I heard Nakamura Yuuichi as Kouen :D

Yeah im also Pretty sure it was Nakamura ;) Totally Love him in that role -
Mar 31, 2013 8:12 AM

Aug 2011
That was okay. I mean they seriously screwed up because of all the manga material lost in this season, but the ending wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

Plus Sin djnn equip! ;D

So are they going to continue to screw up in the second season as well or are they going to attempt to follow the manga?
Mar 31, 2013 8:13 AM
Feb 2013
Man...you guys can exaggerate. Ok, the anime is not as good as the manga, granted. Ok, they deviated here and there from the manga.

But all in all, the series wasn't that bad, certainly compared to other shounen.

Could it have been better? Probably. For instance, in the end, I thought they made the fights a bit too rushed. And other things throughout the series could have been done a bit better too. But one must realise one says that in comparison to the manga. If there was no manga at all, I think most would simply cheer and rave about how great this anime is.

Point being: when you compare it with the original manga, there are things that you feel could have been done better, true. But if you regard the anime 'as such', one still has to acknowledge it's one of the better shounen of the season.

It's not a 'bad' anime, thus. It's just that, compared to the manga, it's not perfectly adapted. some people seem to not make that distinction.
Mar 31, 2013 8:33 AM
Feb 2012
AnimageNeby said:
Man...you guys can exaggerate. Ok, the anime is not as good as the manga, granted. Ok, they deviated here and there from the manga.

But all in all, the series wasn't that bad, certainly compared to other shounen.

Could it have been better? Probably. For instance, in the end, I thought they made the fights a bit too rushed. And other things throughout the series could have been done a bit better too. But one must realise one says that in comparison to the manga. If there was no manga at all, I think most would simply cheer and rave about how great this anime is.

Point being: when you compare it with the original manga, there are things that you feel could have been done better, true. But if you regard the anime 'as such', one still has to acknowledge it's one of the better shounen of the season.

It's not a 'bad' anime, thus. It's just that, compared to the manga, it's not perfectly adapted. some people seem to not make that distinction.

Which would work just fine it it were a standalone production. But it's not. It's supposed to be an adaption of the manga Magi and is normally obligated to follow it. Little bits of filler here and there won't hurt anybody, of course, but taking entire arcs and alter them to a degree that's disgraceful to the original work, is wrong and something I and many others can't approve of.
Mar 31, 2013 9:25 AM

Sep 2010
I liked the ending to the first season and even if the adaption was different than the manga at some points it was still an enjoyable watch to me.

So 8/10 for the first season. At least A1 is not going to pull a Kuroshitsuji II on us with original new main characters. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 31, 2013 12:12 PM

Mar 2012
GuiltyKing said:
It's supposed to be an adaption of the manga Magi and is normally obligated to follow it. Little bits of filler here and there won't hurt anybody, of course, but taking entire arcs and alter them to a degree that's disgraceful to the original work, is wrong and something I and many others can't approve of.

Adaptations aren't obligated to follow the original work. I've seen adaptations that have made numerous changes to the source material and have turned out even better than the original work because of the liberties taken. On the other hand, there are plenty of adaptations that end up being terrible after heavily altering the original story, but I don't believe that there's some sort of obligation to completely follow the original, especially across different mediums. After reading part of the manga, I do see some of the frustrations with the changes made, but that's just the show's own downfall.
Mar 31, 2013 1:08 PM
Feb 2013
GuiltyKing said:
AnimageNeby said:

Which would work just fine it it were a standalone production. But it's not. It's supposed to be an adaption of the manga Magi and is normally obligated to follow it. Little bits of filler here and there won't hurt anybody, of course, but taking entire arcs and alter them to a degree that's disgraceful to the original work, is wrong and something I and many others can't approve of.

No adaptation is perfect. It's a medium of its own, and sometimes, corners must be cut for the simple reason that it has to fit in a 12 or 24-26 episodes-format. Now, I'm not saying that I don't understand your concern: the further an adaptation deviates from the manga, the worse it usually gets. I'm not really thrilled with all and every deviations they did neither, but one has to be able to have some relativism: all in all, they didn't really break the story. Most of them were relatively trivial, in fact, while a few were really bad choices, true.

But in the end, one also has to acknowledge the anime is still pretty good, as an anime. In fact, as a shounen, it's one of the better of the season, even *with* all the changes.

One could lament the fact it could have been even better, ok. But it's still a pretty good anime. At the very least, it's good enough to make people (like me) go read the manga. :-) In fact, one can see it by reading the appraisal of the anime by people who have NOT read the manga: they all think it's a very good shounen anime. So objectively, the anime isn't that bad.

I'm actually looking forward to see the second season with magnostatt. As most, I'm hoping they will stay a bit closer to the original this time, but it will give a good watch regardless.

Now, mind you: I'm not saying I don't understand the complaints, let me repeat this. It just that I think some let their viewpoint be coloured too much by the (comparison with) the manga, and make the conclusion that the anime is bad. Well, it's not bad compared to most other anime out there, it's only less good compared to the original manga. So I agree it would be great if the studio would do better its best to stay faithful to the manga - few will deny that - but one can't exaggerate and claim the anime sucks (as an anime).
Mar 31, 2013 2:12 PM
Feb 2012
AnimageNeby said:
GuiltyKing said:
AnimageNeby said:

No adaptation is perfect. It's a medium of its own, and sometimes, corners must be cut for the simple reason that it has to fit in a 12 or 24-26 episodes-format. Now, I'm not saying that I don't understand your concern: the further an adaptation deviates from the manga, the worse it usually gets. I'm not really thrilled with all and every deviations they did neither, but one has to be able to have some relativism: all in all, they didn't really break the story. Most of them were relatively trivial, in fact, while a few were really bad choices, true.

But in the end, one also has to acknowledge the anime is still pretty good, as an anime. In fact, as a shounen, it's one of the better of the season, even *with* all the changes.

One could lament the fact it could have been even better, ok. But it's still a pretty good anime. At the very least, it's good enough to make people (like me) go read the manga. :-) In fact, one can see it by reading the appraisal of the anime by people who have NOT read the manga: they all think it's a very good shounen anime. So objectively, the anime isn't that bad.

I'm actually looking forward to see the second season with magnostatt. As most, I'm hoping they will stay a bit closer to the original this time, but it will give a good watch regardless.

Now, mind you: I'm not saying I don't understand the complaints, let me repeat this. It just that I think some let their viewpoint be coloured too much by the (comparison with) the manga, and make the conclusion that the anime is bad. Well, it's not bad compared to most other anime out there, it's only less good compared to the original manga. So I agree it would be great if the studio would do better its best to stay faithful to the manga - few will deny that - but one can't exaggerate and claim the anime sucks (as an anime).

Seeing that you've completely understood what I tried to convey, I see no need to prolong this discussion, or given your polite tone, let's call it conversation instead. But a few last words from my side to clear up any misunderstandings.
It's not like I despise the anime as a whole. To tell the truth, it was the reason I picked up the manga back in October and basically devoured it. The anime stayed true to the story most of the time (mainly during the first part) and it seemed like it could end on a positive note, leading into a cliffhanger suited for a continuation later on. Sadly, that aspect went down the drain fairly quickly and the disappointment it caused for the manga readers, was just too big for us not to voice our discontent hence the anime vs manga 'fights' that ensued. My reason behind all these posts is to let people know what really took place and what was purely made up by the animation studio. I love that manga and want others to share the experience. Ootaka is a talented author and deserves all the praise Magi is getting.
Mar 31, 2013 3:34 PM

Jun 2010
Sinbad being all badass made the episode for me ^-^
The announcement of a second season was a pleasant surprise, given A-1 slows down this time.
BiscuitRootMar 31, 2013 3:37 PM
Mar 31, 2013 5:59 PM

Oct 2012
This ep was ok (3/5).

It was getting worse every episode, but I gave a 9 for Magi.
The scenes with Kassim are always beautiful with a lot of rukh. *-*
Mar 31, 2013 6:05 PM
Dec 2012
I liked the episode but knowing that there will be a second season made me love it!

Never read the manga, so don't know what's different or not.
Mar 31, 2013 6:33 PM

Apr 2012
I'm a manga reader but do i think this adaptation is that bad? No. It's actually pretty good and this anime pretty much introduced me to Magi. Many anime viewers also seems to enjoy the adaptation very much.

I just hope that the second season would follow the manga closer. I did go "wtf" to alibaba's transformation.
Mar 31, 2013 6:58 PM

Apr 2010
It took a massive nosedive from episode 17 onward. Before that I actually watched it and didn't think it was terrible. That changed when they ruined or left out some of my favourite parts though.
Mar 31, 2013 7:45 PM

May 2012
i dont like the ending but im happy to see yunan and schehezerade(so cute :D).. they also spoil mogamet, ren brothers and hakuryuu's mom.. it would be great if they just follow the manga..
6/10
-1 from animation
-1 from weird BGM
-1 from character messed up
-1 from plot change
Dark_MessiahMar 31, 2013 8:03 PM

Mar 31, 2013 10:57 PM

Nov 2011
6 or 7? I guess 6.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Mar 31, 2013 11:39 PM

Jun 2009
To compress over 100 manga chapters in a 25 episode anime is not such a good idea from the get-go. However, even with the cuts that were being made, the anime kept the essential story line. I would had liked too see more of certain characters like Dunya, for example, since her entire background story was shrunk to minimum, you can't really emphatize with a character if you are given just a little information.
I liked the fact that they incorporated Sinbad in the last episode, showing how he was already cursed. The way Hakuryuu lost his arm wasn't the same as in the manga, but somehow it worked out. The addition of Alibaba "cursing his fate" was really unnecessary, it showed just how rushed and clumsy was the staff at the end. I think they compressed the anime so much and left out many scenes from the manga because of budget constraints, if that were the case, they warped it up pretty well.
In conclusion, I like the manga better, the first 17 episodes of the anime were really well made, but unfortunately, after that, they rushed it too much, leaving the viewer in a state of perplexity.
Rhiannon-SenpaiMar 31, 2013 11:44 PM
Mar 31, 2013 11:44 PM

Mar 2012
How many chapters adapted?
End Zionazism
Mar 31, 2013 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
About 116 chapters, the 117th chapter "The Premonition of a New Journey" shows how Alladin decides to embark on a journey to Magnoshtadt, a city where magicians reside, in order to learn more magic and to investigate the Academy of Magnoshtadt, I hope that helps ^^
Rhiannon-SenpaiApr 20, 2013 1:55 AM
Apr 1, 2013 12:13 AM

Feb 2010
as a manga reader i can't really say i like this adaption 7/10.
Apr 1, 2013 12:19 AM

Sep 2012
Never read the manga. Also think sometimes I am watching the anime more on inertia. However, I think this episode is pretty good as it is. Cover a lot of things, wrap things up neatly and still has enough space for some talks between the two sides as well as a bunch of pointers about characters to come. Sakuga is pretty good too.

On another note, this episode must be the one with the most fan service - Morgiana, Pimon, Yamuraiha....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 1, 2013 12:36 AM
Aug 2010
Well idk how there going to do season 2 since the end of the first season went way out of bounds.Though they super condensed season one it still seemed generally the same in the manga a few differences none to major. The main points still got across it seemed though the end of season one was just bad. also if anyone can tell me the main differences between the manga and the anime i would appreciate it. Since i can't see any major ones except for the obvious original ending (the zagan arc as a whole). also why do people say the fights are rushed they fights in the manga don't even last that long and seem generally the same.
ninja_dogApr 1, 2013 12:42 AM
Apr 1, 2013 5:27 AM
Dec 2012
NO! Why Magnostadt? That's the last hope for me to not be butchered. Please don't screw that one!
Apr 1, 2013 9:31 PM
Mar 2013
I think that was a great episode, although the fight scene was too short imo.
Apr 1, 2013 10:28 PM

Dec 2011
Loved that Alibaba and Morgiana moment!! KYAAAAAAAA~!!!!!!!

XD

YES A SECOND SEASON
Apr 1, 2013 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
Emobaba
This episode was pretty lame.
RX-782Apr 1, 2013 11:19 PM
Apr 1, 2013 11:11 PM
Aug 2011
Glad I decided to pick up the manga early on. I will say this the show was doing great till it took it's own path. It should of just continued animating the original story and just stopped till the next season instead of having a big finale of sorts.

My biggest issue is what they did with Alibaba's character. They took him to places he would have never gone in the manga. Changes his character too much.

Anyway before it decided to do it's own thing it was getting an 8 from me. I give it a 7 and I'll still check out the second season, I don't have high hopes though.

Edit:

Also with Cassim and being in Alibaba in relation to the manga what what they will do next season.

Tired_SmurphApr 1, 2013 11:45 PM
Apr 1, 2013 11:12 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
GuiltyKing said:
Whatever they do to redeem Alibaba, it's not faithful to the source material much less its world's mechanics. Once one falls into depravity, they are bound to die soon after.

I read your comment before I watched the episode, so I tried to see what they did to resolve it. I think it was because part of Cassim was part of Alibaba, and he helped Alibaba not fall completely into depravity, if I'm not wrong. I think it's a little of stretch to make it so that it does work with the world of Magi, but meh, it works...I guess. (Yes I would've also liked it better if this hadn't even happen to Alibaba in the first place but oh well)

Also, I was pretty sure Dunya should've died after getting stabbed like that in the last episode :/ Maybe it wasn't as serious of a stab as I thought it was? o_O At least her not dying goes along with the manga.

It was a nice and peaceful ending, a pretty good way to lead to the next season. The anime by itself was good as well, for the most part, even if I am a huge manga fan of Magi. Aside from the fact that it wasn't fully faithful to the manga, the only problems I had with the anime is some of its lazy animation and rushed pacing at certain parts. And also, that one episode with horrible bgm. But plot wise, it was still good, I wouldn't say great, but it wasn't horrible either. Hopefully the second season will be more faithful to the manga.

Dr_Smurph said:

My biggest issue is what they did with Alibaba's character. They took him to places he would have never gone in the manga. Changes his character too much.

Oh yeah, that too. I thought Alibaba was ooc in the last episode. It kind of made him seem weak and not as levelheaded as he really is. If they were going to make it so that Alibaba redeems himself by not wanting to kill that masked guy, they should have just not make Alibaba fall into depravity in the first place. It was too fast of a change. In less than ~15 minutes, he went from being vulnerable to the black rukh and cursing his fate, into his normal understanding self.
tingyApr 1, 2013 11:19 PM
Apr 1, 2013 11:31 PM

Feb 2012
A second season for Mage?!!! Now I'm satisfied. So many new characters introduced in the latter part of the episode. Can't wait to see what's in store for us next season.

Dang, the Kou princess is strong and cool! I'm liking her even more. And Morg and Alibaba moment was so <3. I know this anime doesn't focus on romance but I happy to see bits and pieces of romance in it. Sinbad is badass awesome!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 2, 2013 12:01 AM

Oct 2011
This show was good up until the middle of the Balbadd arc imo, from there onwards it dropped in quality due to its use of bad cliches and being awfully predictable. Despite this, Magi was quite the guilty pleasure and I might end up reading the manga in the near future to see it in better light.

Apr 2, 2013 12:06 AM
Aug 2011
tingy said:

Also, I was pretty sure Dunya should've died after getting stabbed like that in the last episode :/ Maybe it wasn't as serious of a stab as I thought it was? o_O At least her not dying goes along with the manga.

It was a nice and peaceful ending, a pretty good way to lead to the next season. The anime by itself was good as well, for the most part, even if I am a huge manga fan of Magi. Aside from the fact that it wasn't fully faithful to the manga, the only problems I had with the anime is some of its lazy animation and rushed pacing at certain parts. And also, that one episode with horrible bgm. But plot wise, it was still good, I wouldn't say great, but it wasn't horrible either. Hopefully the second season will be more faithful to the manga.

Oh yeah, that too. I thought Alibaba was ooc in the last episode. It kind of made him seem weak and not as levelheaded as he really is. If they were going to make it so that Alibaba redeems himself by not wanting to kill that masked guy, they should have just not make Alibaba fall into depravity in the first place. It was too fast of a change. In less than ~15 minutes, he went from being vulnerable to the black rukh and cursing his fate, into his normal understanding self.

Well, Zagan grew a wooden arm for Hakuryu, and that was almost on a whim. Considering Zagan is supposed to be a djinn that specializes in life magic, hence their motive for the dungeon capture in the first place, I wouldn't consider that too much of an inconsistency as far as Dunya surviving.

I haven't read the manga, and I still didn't feel like the anime as a whole was paced very well. In the beginning it went along fairly well, but the random timeskips and abrupt changes in character were scattered throughout, and those are definitely not positive qualities for a standard linear plot. It's certainly not as bad as a lot of shounen, as pointed out, but that's not saying much.
Apr 2, 2013 12:16 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
technozombie said:
tingy said:

Well, Zagan grew a wooden arm for Hakuryu, and that was almost on a whim. Considering Zagan is supposed to be a djinn that specializes in life magic, hence their motive for the dungeon capture in the first place, I wouldn't consider that too much of an inconsistency as far as Dunya surviving.

I haven't read the manga, and I still didn't feel like the anime as a whole was paced very well. In the beginning it went along fairly well, but the random timeskips and abrupt changes in character were scattered throughout, and those are definitely not positive qualities for a standard linear plot. It's certainly not as bad as a lot of shounen, as pointed out, but that's not saying much.

Yeah I know, I was just a little skeptical because I thought she had died XD There's plenty of anime where characters look like they were mortally wounded but somehow were still alive...

Oh really? I haven't seen many (or any) non-manga watcher of the anime that has felt the same way as you, or maybe they aren't as vocal about it. Or I could have just missed those comments. I think everyone can agree that Magi had some problems with pacing, which I hope will be fixed with the next season. Hopefully they change the scriptwriter...
Apr 2, 2013 12:39 AM
Sep 2012
This finale wasn't bad at all. At least it was a satisfying finale compared to many other finales that I've seen these past 2 weeks.

I liked how we got to see everyone back together again - including Morgiana, YAY! Morgiana and Hakuryuu to free Alibaba was a treat, but I wondered why Aladdin didn't do anything other than Solomon's Wisdom and how the fuck did Hakuryuu get that djiin in the first place? Yamuraiha having her ornaments and her top blown away was a treat. LOL

Can't wait for season 2. 6/10
Apr 2, 2013 1:13 AM

Jan 2011
I think the combination of Zagan's powers and the influence of the light rukh fluttering around the place can provide enough rationale for Dunya remaining alive (although still seriously injured by all appearances). Since her "death" was a big complaint regarding lack of fidelity to the manga, that may resolve some potential plot holes. I will add the manga on my "to read" list as a result of watching this season and I'll watch in the fall and those are both indications that this had some entertainment value despite some of the problems with pacing. 8/10 which will end up being below the mean MAL rating for this show.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2013

175 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.