Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 30, 2013 9:13 PM

Jul 2012
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/8490663/North-Korea-declares-war-on-South-Korea
Well, by the looks of it, North Korea is looking to get serious now.
Sure, it's been making statements of "I'm gonna do this" for a while now, but I think that they are finally ready to get serious, and that when the attack comes, no one will be expecting it in the same way people didn't believe the boy in The Boy Who Cried Wolf when it was an actual wolf.

On another note, I do think that World War III may soon come, and so far, from my guesses, it'd be US, South Korea, and Britain VS North Korea and China.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 30, 2013 9:15 PM

Sep 2011
Go South!
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Mar 30, 2013 9:15 PM

Sep 2012
China doesn't give a fuck about North Korea. North Korea is alone.
No world war III, please, sthap.
Mar 30, 2013 9:16 PM

Apr 2011
World War III? Sounds exciting..

Sep 2012
South Korea is going to destroy them.

Jul 2012
Jauregui said:
China doesn't give a fuck about North Korea. North Korea is alone.
No world war III, please, sthap.

The article said that China is NK's ally.
It could be wrong of course.
Mar 30, 2013 9:17 PM

Jun 2012
This definitely isn't a battlechili style thread, but whateves.

I guess south korea should win.
Mar 30, 2013 9:17 PM
May 2012
North korea...Idon'teven
Mar 30, 2013 9:19 PM

Sep 2012
Mar 30, 2013 9:24 PM

Nov 2008
Jauregui said:

I agree with Russia.

Looks like Tubby wants to fight, I hope he's ready for his whoopin' or hopefully retreat like the coward he is, because he isn't going to last long.

Mar 30, 2013 9:25 PM

Jul 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
This definitely isn't a battlechili style thread, but whateves.

I guess south korea should win.

It really isn't my usual thread, I know. xD
My threads are usually rather silly, aren't they?
Mar 30, 2013 9:27 PM

Dec 2012
Well, I guess things are serious this time...
Mar 30, 2013 9:29 PM

Sep 2011
Jauregui said:

North Korea kawaii~!!
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Mar 30, 2013 9:30 PM

Jul 2011

So, the time has come
Mar 30, 2013 9:31 PM

Feb 2011
Hederick said:
Well, I guess things are serious this time...

Mar 30, 2013 9:37 PM

Nov 2009
WW III will never happen, the fact of the matter is now with ICBM's nobody would ever actually dare start total war, skirmishes - yes, poking the bear - yes, but the fear of a nuclear war will make it so that a WW III would not only be impractical, it would also be implausible.
Mar 30, 2013 9:39 PM

Mar 2011
Pirating_Ninja said:
WW III will never happen, the fact of the matter is now with ICBM's nobody would ever actually dare start total war, skirmishes - yes, poking the bear - yes, but the fear of a nuclear war will make it so that a WW III would not only be impractical, it would also be implausible.
Thank gosh for nuclear deterrence.
I'm interested to see how this pan out for NK & SK, but hopefully no war...
Mar 30, 2013 9:43 PM

Dec 2011
Things are getting more and more ugly..
Pirating_Ninja said:

I don't know if WWIII will never happen, but I definitely doubt that it would happen because of NK and the US/SK.
Mar 30, 2013 9:47 PM

Jun 2007
Yes, North Korea and China are "allies", however China doesn't want to start trouble for literally no reason and is very willing to cut ties with them the moment they legitimately start shit. China is a real country, NK isn't. China will do whatever it takes to avoid a war with the US and the rest of the world, they won't say "WELL NORTH KOREA DECIDED TO START BLASTIN OFF ON BITCHES, GUESS WE'LL JOIN IN LOL".

They have an easily broken alliance that won't be kept to if it puts China at risk of being put in the crosshairs of the global community, and starting a war with the US would do just that.

As for WWIII - it'll likely never happen. War these days is a battle of deterrence, nobody can really do anything because of the fact we all have nuclear weapons. North Korea would get their shit wrecked and nobody would step up to stop it because nobody CAN (nor wants to, literally nobody likes NK, even China has made that clear).

If it ever DOES happen, it'll either be simply through political arguments and no actual COMBAT (cold war part 2) - or it will be the fastest war in the history of mankind and at the same time the last entry in that same history.

The VERY worst thing that will ever happen from this is a local-to-korea war. Of course, the US will be involved because we love killing shit, but it won't escalate into anything global.
TallonKarrde23Mar 30, 2013 9:50 PM
Mar 30, 2013 9:54 PM

Feb 2013
akira25ysai said:
World War III? Sounds exciting..

Oh yea
Mar 30, 2013 9:55 PM

Jul 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Yes, North Korea and China are "allies", however China doesn't want to start trouble for literally no reason and is very willing to cut ties with them the moment they legitimately start shit. China is a real country, NK isn't. China will do whatever it takes to avoid a war with the US and the rest of the world, they won't say "WELL NORTH KOREA DECIDED TO START BLASTIN OFF ON BITCHES, GUESS WE'LL JOIN IN LOL".

They have an easily broken alliance that won't be kept to if it puts China at risk of being put in the crosshairs of the global community, and starting a war with the US would do just that.

As for WWIII - it'll likely never happen. War these days is a battle of deterrence, nobody can really do anything because of the fact we all have nuclear weapons. North Korea would get their shit wrecked and nobody would step up to stop it because nobody CAN (nor wants to, literally nobody likes NK, even China has made that clear).

If it ever DOES happen, it'll either be simply through political arguments and no actual COMBAT (cold war part 2) - or it will be the fastest war in the history of mankind and at the same time the last entry in that same history.

The VERY worst thing that will ever happen from this is a local-to-korea war. Of course, the US will be involved because we love killing shit, but it won't escalate into anything global.

A third world war doesn't need to involve nuclear weapons. And last I remember politically China and the United States aren't too fond of each other. Still, I see your point and understand. Plus I'm not so sure China would want to make a ton of enemies either.
Mar 30, 2013 9:58 PM

Jun 2007
Battlechili1 said:

A third world war doesn't need to involve nuclear weapons. And last I remember politically China and the United States aren't too fond of each other. Still, I see your point and understand. Plus I'm not so sure China would want to make a ton of enemies either.

It doesn't need to, but it WILL involve them.

That's like saying you'd choose to run into a war zone with your blunderbuss instead of your M4. You always use the most powerful weapons available to you - or in the other case I mentioned, you threaten to, which just ends up in another Cold War instead of actual war. The fact we have nuclear weapons proves that they will be used if we go to actual war with a country that ALSO has them if it came down to a combat-oriented war. Which is why they are such a perfect deterrent system. If they attack us, we'll nuke the and they'll nuke back - if we attack them, they'll nuke us and we'll nuke back. So no forces, let alone nukes, can move an inch.

And yeah, China doesn't love us or anything, but they hate North Korea and it's bullshit antics. It's like having that best friend who is always causing trouble dragging you into it oto just by association - and you get stuck trying to clean it up for them while also having to stand up for them just because you're friends. They continually do this, but they'd never go as far as say, punching a cop so he can help his friend run away. He'd totally sooner just turn him over and let him get arrested because they aren't really close at all, they just were forced to hang out because they lived next door to each other.
TallonKarrde23Mar 30, 2013 10:02 PM
Mar 30, 2013 10:07 PM

Aug 2012
North Korea looks like they're going to bomb us or something. I don't want that to happen. I'm in the US! DX What's worse i'm at the coast of California. -_-' China helps out North Korea if other countrys try to attack them, but China is going against North Korea if they attack us first for no reason. So China is on our side and will try to help if anything happens. And yeah, there IS a possibility of World War III happening. I just hope that doesn't happen.
Mar 30, 2013 10:09 PM

Jun 2007
M00nRise said:
North Korea looks like they're going to bomb us or something. I don't want that to happen. I'm in the US! DX What's worse i'm at the coast of California. -_-' China are friends with North Korea, but they are going against them if they attack us first for no reason. So China is on our side and will try to help if anything happens. And yeah, there IS a possibility of World War III happening. I just hope that doesn't happen.

There isn't really a legitimate possibility of WWIII happening as a combat war, and there is 0 chance of THIS leading to any style of WWIII.

As for nukes, we already have a missile defense system set up along the west coast (especially near big cities in CA) as well as the air force bases here which WEEKLY practice over the Pacific for this sort of thing (as well as combat) and have done so since fucking years ago - so even if they REALLY did (highly unlikely) launch anything at us they'd be downed extremely quickly and very easily. You have literally zero to be worried about, so don't let it bother you. Actually, the fact you live in California just doubles your safety, we're one of the most valuable places in the country in a lot of political and financial ways, so we get some of the most protection always - let alone when there are threats.
Mar 30, 2013 10:10 PM

Jul 2012
M00nRise said:
North Korea looks like they're going to bomb us or something. I don't want that to happen. I'm in the US! DX What's worse i'm at the coast of California. -_-' China are friends with North Korea, but they are going against them if they attack us first for no reason. So China is on our side and will try to help if anything happens. And yeah, there IS a possibility of World War III happening. I just hope that doesn't happen.

I'm in California as well, but don't worry. Their nukes literally can't reach the US. Even if they could, our interceptor missiles would take care of em.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Mar 30, 2013 10:23 PM

Dec 2012
North Korea just wants to be taken seriously trololol
Mar 30, 2013 11:07 PM

Sep 2007
M00nRise said:
North Korea looks like they're going to bomb us or something. I don't want that to happen. I'm in the US! DX What's worse i'm at the coast of California. -_-' China helps out North Korea if other countrys try to attack them, but China is going against North Korea if they attack us first for no reason. So China is on our side and will try to help if anything happens. And yeah, there IS a possibility of World War III happening. I just hope that doesn't happen.

lol at you thinking North Korea even has the capabilities to accurately target the US mainland.
Mar 30, 2013 11:27 PM
Jun 2012
will this delay the launch of samsung s4?
Mar 31, 2013 12:52 AM

Aug 2012
Wouldn't this just give South Korea the perfect excuse to roflstomp North Korea and retake the entire mainland?

Sounds like it.

As for nukes... well, it'll be interesting if another nuke is detonated in war after all these decades.

North Korea will probably collapse in on itself in the mean time.
Mar 31, 2013 12:58 AM

Nov 2009
No, I don't thin the use of nukes would be interesting at all, the destruction and harm they have caused ... It's ironic their are pro-nuke people out there are an anime site though, don't get me wrong I love the irony in people who love Japanese culture also thinking it would be interesting to see what happened to Nagasaki and Hiroshima again.
Mar 31, 2013 1:03 AM

Aug 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
No, I don't thin the use of nukes would be interesting at all, the destruction and harm they have caused ... It's ironic their are pro-nuke people out there are an anime site though, don't get me wrong I love the irony in people who love Japanese culture also thinking it would be interesting to see what happened to Nagasaki and Hiroshima again.
"Interesting" doesn't mean "I'D FUCKING LOVE TO SEE NUKES EXPLODING AND PEOPLE DYING".

Interesting as in "I'm interested in seeing the backlash and international uproar that'll occur after such an incident".

I won't defend other people though; some people love their explosions and back-seat wars.
Mar 31, 2013 2:06 AM

Sep 2012
It would be interesting to see both Koreas unified and follow the integration and clash of both sides culture and lifestyle.
Mar 31, 2013 2:09 AM

May 2012
Jauregui said:
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 31, 2013 2:38 AM

Jul 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
China will do whatever it takes to avoid a war with the US and the rest of the world, they won't say "WELL NORTH KOREA DECIDED TO START BLASTIN OFF ON BITCHES, GUESS WE'LL JOIN IN LOL".

This is probably the most accurate way to describe China's current political stance in terms that any guido would understand.

drinkbeer said:
will this delay the launch of samsung s4?

I lol'd.
Mar 31, 2013 2:46 AM

Sep 2008
Urgh. The "declaration of war" news were dismissed as fake a day ago, and yet someone still posts them?..
Mar 31, 2013 2:48 AM

Aug 2012
seishi-sama said:
Urgh. The "declaration of war" news were dismissed as fake a day ago, and yet someone still posts them?..
Wikipedia has lied to me!
Mar 31, 2013 3:43 AM
Sep 2012
Relevant.
Mar 31, 2013 4:41 AM
Mar 2012
People are heavily overestimating North Korea if they alone can be the cause of a third world war, sure they have nukes which can go as far as South Korea, but I don't think they can reach America, they have close to zero airforce, a marine which is nothing. They do have a large army, and with large army, I mean lots of manpower, the weapons they have aren't the newest version neither.

And China sees N. Korea as a trading partner, they wouldn't be as stupid to engage in a fight which could mean the end of this era. So unless they want to be absolutely trampled by America, there is no way they will actually do something. Also lol Britain.
Mar 31, 2013 5:19 AM

Oct 2007
EradicatE said:
Relevant.
Mar 31, 2013 5:26 AM

Jan 2013
That artical isn't true. IF it were CNN would show a a shit load of tanks and Artillery rounds falling upon the south.

Anyways as to WW3...ehh in a way it is likely, albit on a limited scale. China has been lowering its trade with the US over the years, and has noticablly picked it up with Europe and the BRICS and central asia. And the US swinging its Military Dick in the Pacific region isn't helping matter. Plus ICMB's arn't the fear factor, show stopper they used to be. Systems like the Patriot, Agies, S-300, and S-400 all have a chance of stopping them. Why do you think dissarmament is being pushed around the world so much? There arn't as many nukes in high enough yield (and in the case of the US) new enough age to be of use. Only the Chinese and Russians have systems that could likely punch a hole in the MDS.

Resource worries, coups and revolutions left and right, and economic stagnation have pretty much left trade a mute point as a peace keeper. The Chinese and Russians might not join North Korea in starting the war. But they will keep it from falling and another US puppet in its place. China has its capital in range of US conventional strikes should it have control of North Korea, the Russians also put Vladivostok at risk, and the Trans-Siberian pipeline and Far East oilfields, and has made no secret it doesn't trust the Americans.

North Korea might be a bit of a mad dog...toward the West. So a global conflict limited to Eastern Europe and the Pacific would not be a surprise. I suspect Western Europe would sit it out, two times might have been enough for them (nvm sad state of there budgets and armed forces)

Reguardless no declerations has been made. They have said they are at a state of war, which is pretty much putting forces on high allert and getting ready to attack or be attacked, but also means, "hey talk to us or else". I don't know why anyone is surprised about this, or think sanctions work. Last time when this was tried on such a scale it ended up with a major US military base getting stomped by the Japanese.

Sanctions don't work. Period. Unless you are hoping to make the people revolt. And in the case of North Korea while most of its propaganda is crap, it is right to blame the West and South Korea for most of its problems. You can't give out butter if no one sells it after all. Push a mouse into a corner and even it will fight back at times. Mind you I wish the Chinese would just move in and Annex North Korea. But that seems unlikely.
RedArmyShogunMar 31, 2013 5:32 AM
Mar 31, 2013 5:31 AM

Oct 2012
Some people just reaaally want ww3 to happen, it ain't tho sorry to let your hopes down, chubs ain't no hitler he just chubs.
Mar 31, 2013 5:33 AM

Jan 2013
Maor said:
Some people just reaaally want ww3 to happen, it ain't tho sorry to let your hopes down, chubs ain't no hitler he just chubs.

I'd be more Worried about Obama, American drones, and kill lists starting problems than the fat guy to the North.
Mar 31, 2013 5:35 AM

Jan 2008
I think its a stretch to say China and N Korea are 'friends' or even 'allies'. For China, N Korea is merely a buffer from S Korea and thus American influence. They don't want any US presence anywhere near their country for fear of all the radical revolution shit the US is capable of impressing upon the masses.

But if N Korea were to magically make up with the South and become unified and the US suddenly has units stationed there, well that would be very uncomfortable for China, hence they have to ensure N Korea remains split and keep the current status quo.

At least, that's the impression I'm getting from all this.

But yeah, I also think China does not want war, their success the last few decades has been through business and they know this. War just fucks everything up, especially if it's in your back yard.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 31, 2013 5:37 AM

Nov 2011
Karpman said:
People are heavily overestimating North Korea if they alone can be the cause of a third world war, sure they have nukes which can go as far as South Korea, but I don't think they can reach America, they have close to zero airforce, a marine which is nothing. They do have a large army, and with large army, I mean lots of manpower, the weapons they have aren't the newest version neither.

And China sees N. Korea as a trading partner, they wouldn't be as stupid to engage in a fight which could mean the end of this era. So unless they want to be absolutely trampled by America, there is no way they will actually do something. Also lol Britain.

The main threat if actual hostilities break out is that Seoul is in direct range of N.Korea's artillery. Thousands of modern artillery batteries firing on one of the most populated city in the world would be devastating. That alone is actually N.Korea's "deterrent", more so than faulty nuclear weapons without a reliable delivery system.
The Art of Eight
Mar 31, 2013 5:42 AM

Oct 2012
RedArmyShogun said:
Maor said:

I'd be more Worried about Obama, American drones, and kill lists starting problems than the fat guy to the North.

Nah don't take it too far... I mean america does have its nose too far up other countries problems but there are still some good few years left till someone pulls a full retard, and when that time comes i'd laugh my ass off.
Mar 31, 2013 6:43 AM

Mar 2013
As others have said, little chance of WWIII ever happening from this. Who would be North Korea's "allies"? China? As if.

That being said, this still is a serious situation. North Korea can still completely ravage the South with artillery, a surprise attack, etc. Remember, Seoul, the South's capitol and biggest city is less than a two hour's drive from the border.
Mar 31, 2013 5:36 PM

Jul 2012
dankickyou said:
Karpman said:

The main threat if actual hostilities break out is that Seoul is in direct range of N.Korea's artillery. Thousands of modern artillery batteries firing on one of the most populated city in the world would be devastating. That alone is actually N.Korea's "deterrent", more so than faulty nuclear weapons without a reliable delivery system.

I'm actually worried now.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Mar 31, 2013 10:21 PM

Aug 2012
Tommk said:
Jauregui said:

Love that illustration
Mar 31, 2013 10:42 PM

Jul 2012
M00nRise said:
Tommk said:
Jauregui said:

Love that illustration

I think I just noticed that the missile is smiling.
It just got better.
Mar 31, 2013 11:06 PM

Oct 2009
Battlechili1 said:
M00nRise said:
Tommk said:
Jauregui said:

Love that illustration

I think I just noticed that the missile is smiling.
It just got better.

You're lucky you didn't see it the way I do...
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.