Forum Settings
Forums

one anime that can replace gintama at #1 on mal

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2013 5:31 PM

Oct 2012
Paul said:
natssuu said:
Tavor said:
natssuu said:
Paul said:
natssuu said:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes, no one would complain.

LotGH haters would complain.

They don't exist :D

k-on fans

I would ban them.

Good luck, their numbers increase monthly yearly.

Omfg I actually feel sad for them, let them be this time 8)
Mar 30, 2013 5:33 PM

Aug 2012
bNq said:
I hate Gintama and LotGH. I didn't actually watch LotGH yet though, I just hate it. Gintama on the other hand is just retarded, Lucky Star might as well be #1.

How can you hate a series you haven't even watched? Besides, if you only hate it because everyone else loves it, then that's like loving hitler because everyone hates him.
Mar 30, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2009
bNq said:
I hate Gintama and LotGH. I didn't actually watch LotGH yet though, I just hate it. Gintama on the other hand is just retarded, Lucky Star might as well be #1.

But well, it's not like there's a point in talking about what's on the top list and what is not.

amichaaan, I seriously wondered too, but I think these people actually like it. I remotely know a guy myself who watches it very avidly.

You hate a series before even watching it ... that's just ... THE SMARTEST THING I HAVE READ ALL DAY!!!

No but seriously, I am not too surprised seeing as how neither Gintama nor LotGH contain way too much moe, that you hate them.
Mar 30, 2013 5:37 PM

Jul 2011
Mars of Destruction
Mar 30, 2013 5:37 PM

Jan 2012
UnusDominus said:
Besides, if you only hate it because everyone else loves it, then that's like loving hitler because everyone hates him.
I'm german, what do you think?

Hate was a strong word, it's rather that I can't stand LotGH. The fanbase is overly obnoxious and makes it out to be the best thing ever and constantly fawns over the show, while there's nothing obviously special about it at first. And they don't state any actual reasons as to why the show is supposedly good either, it almost sounds like when people talk about how good Boku no Pico is.

Too little moe wasn't the problem with Gintama, that Rie girl was moe as fuck.
Mar 30, 2013 5:39 PM

Oct 2012
bNq said:
UnusDominus said:
Besides, if you only hate it because everyone else loves it, then that's like loving hitler because everyone hates him.

Hate was a strong word, it's rather that I can't stand LotGH. The fanbase is overly obnoxious and makes it out to be the best thing ever and constantly fawns over the show, while there's nothing obviously special about it at first. And they don't state any actual reasons as to why the show is supposedly good either, it almost sounds like when people talk about how good Boku no Pico is.

So basically others are able to influence your own opinion?
Mar 30, 2013 5:39 PM

Mar 2013
I don't really care since I like Gintama. But if I HAD to choose, I'd choose Shoujo Kakumei Utena to be #1.
Mar 30, 2013 5:40 PM

Feb 2012
natssuu said:
bNq said:
UnusDominus said:

Sounds about right.
Mar 30, 2013 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
some people hate LOGH cause of the elitist fanbase which is imo a stupid reason to hate an anime
Reinhard is moe
Mar 30, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2012
UnusDominus said:
To a certain extent, of course.

It's not just the fanbase why I can't stand the show, I simply don't see the appeal. The art is shitty, the setting doesn't sound especially interesting or whatever. And yet the fans continue to fawn over it like it's the holy grail of anime, I seriously can't tell whether it's trolling or not. Especially since I encountered most of these threads on /a/, I'm not too familiar with MAL forums.
I mean, let's take a show like Psycho Pass. I'm not a big fan of PP either, didn't even finish it, but I can see the appeal at least. Even before watching the show.
Mar 30, 2013 5:46 PM

Aug 2012
bNq said:
UnusDominus said:

Too little moe wasn't the problem with Gintama, that Rie girl was moe as fuck.

Yeah, the fan base is obviously elitist. I don't want this to become a logh thread, and my lack of knowledge over the show is apparent as I haven't finished yet. All I know is that it is a highly detailed show that demands all of your attention and focus. That's why a lot of the fans think they're hot stuff. But don't judge a series based on its fan base, as I'm not a fan and I can surely say it is well worth the watch and it rightfully deserves its rank.
Mar 30, 2013 5:47 PM

Sep 2011
Enchousen's score will go down over time and FMAB wiill be #1 all in due time...........that is of course until a new season of gintama released

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 30, 2013 5:47 PM

Jan 2008
bNq said:
UnusDominus said:

It's not just the fanbase why I can't stand the show, I simply don't see the appeal. The art is shitty, the setting doesn't sound especially interesting or whatever. And yet the fans continue to fawn over it like it's the holy grail of anime, I seriously can't tell whether it's trolling or not. Especially since I encountered most of these threads on /a/, I'm not too familiar with MAL forums.
I mean, let's take a show like Psycho Pass. I'm not a big fan of PP either, didn't even finish it, but I can see the appeal at least. Even before watching the show.

Higashi_no_Kaze's Sig said:
If Death Note is "chess", LotGH is "3D Chess." - lisnoire
Code Geass would be Rock-Paper-Scissors in this analogy.
Guilty Crown?
xthedestroyer said:

Go Fish!
Mar 30, 2013 5:48 PM

Oct 2012
bNq said:
UnusDominus said:

It's not just the fanbase why I can't stand the show, I simply don't see the appeal. The art is shitty, the setting doesn't sound especially interesting or whatever.

Well seeing that you're more into series like K-On, it's no wonder you'd dislike the show.
Mar 30, 2013 5:48 PM

Mar 2012
I don't feel ready yet for LoGH, tried the prequel film and I can def see why its highly rated and why people would like it BUT its not really my type of show.
Funny thing is we all have different tastes and opinions, so we will never all agree on a 1#
Mar 30, 2013 5:49 PM

Aug 2012
natssuu said:
bNq said:
UnusDominus said:

It's not just the fanbase why I can't stand the show, I simply don't see the appeal. The art is shitty, the setting doesn't sound especially interesting or whatever.

Well seeing that you're more into series like K-On, it's no wonder you'd dislike the show.

K-On is objectively better than Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Mar 30, 2013 5:50 PM

Jan 2012
You might have a point there natssuu. You guys got me curious now though, how many episodes do you think I need to have seen to grasp the concept and appeal of LotGH? Because I can imagine a show like this starting out slowly, and I neither want to force myself through 30 episodes, nor do I want to drop it after 2 if it only picks up later on.
Mar 30, 2013 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Enchousen's score will go down over time and FMAB wiill be #1 all in due time...........that is of course until a new season of gintama released

Idk...

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=640#msg20973763

Some Gintama fans are kinda butthurt over the score dropping, even though FMA trounces it in the amount of votes. They're doing everything they can to hold on to #1.
Mar 30, 2013 5:51 PM

Mar 2012
UnusDominus said:
natssuu said:
bNq said:
UnusDominus said:

u did not just say that, ur saying an anime about a group of moeblobs who spend all of screen time drinking motherfucking tea and eating cake, is objectively better than an epic space opera, with realistic strategy and 100s of named characters all with characterization....
Mar 30, 2013 5:53 PM

Aug 2012
ElPysCongroo said:
UnusDominus said:
natssuu said:
bNq said:
UnusDominus said:

u did not just say that

Oh yes I did sugar.
Mar 30, 2013 5:54 PM

Oct 2012
bNq said:
You might have a point there natssuu. You guys got me curious now though, how many episodes do you think I need to have seen to grasp the concept and appeal of LotGH? Because I can imagine a show like this starting out slowly, and I neither want to force myself through 30 episodes, nor do I want to drop it after 2 if it only picks up later on.

Well, I got through 29 episodes some time ago. Tbh, I felt like I got what I wanted out of it. Just seem to drag out more than I wanted to see. Apparently I'm in the slow build part though.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Mar 30, 2013 5:55 PM

Jan 2011
bNq said:

id say you should watch the remake movie Overture to a New War (Arata Naru Tatakai no Overture) which is a remake of the first 2 eps with extended scenes, ill be honest i thought the anime didnt start in a good way but this remake fixed the problems, i got addicted around ep 10
Mar 30, 2013 5:56 PM

Mar 2012
UnusDominus said:
ElPysCongroo said:
UnusDominus said:
natssuu said:
bNq said:
UnusDominus said:

u did not just say that

Oh yes I did sugar.

I really want to read your reasoning for this, and it better not just be that K-on is more popular
Mar 30, 2013 5:56 PM

Aug 2011
FMA:B is rightfully number one anyways. So that.
Mar 30, 2013 5:57 PM

Aug 2012
Tavor said:
bNq said:

Well, I got through 29 episodes some time ago. Tbh, I felt like I got what I wanted out of it. Just seem to drag out more than I wanted to see. Apparently I'm in the slow build part though.

Definitely, since those episodes mainly help you get familiar with the characters, the setting, the main conflict, etc.
From then on it picks up and the real depth so gallantly praised is presented.

Jan 2008
ElPysCongroo said:
UnusDominus said:
ElPysCongroo said:
UnusDominus said:
natssuu said:
bNq said:
UnusDominus said:

u did not just say that

Oh yes I did sugar.

I really want to read your reasoning for this, and it better not just be that K-on is more popular

Didn't I just post the link on page 3?

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=31515

Look at those quotes man. THOSE QUOTES.

Jan 2012
silversaint said:
bNq said:

id say you should watch the remake movie Overture to a New War (Arata Naru Tatakai no Overture) which is a remake of the first 2 eps with extended scenes, ill be honest i thought the anime didnt start in a good way way but this remake fixed the problems, i got addicted around ep 10
Thanks, a movie and 10 episodes is something I definitely can do. Really curious to see what the fuss is about, allthough I know I should settle my expectations down.

Also, thanks to Tavor for responding as well.
Mar 30, 2013 5:59 PM

Jul 2008
Can I spam this thread with Gintama videos?

Jan 2008
Lang said:

Yes you can.

Oct 2009
#1 should be PreCure
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 30, 2013 6:00 PM

Oct 2012
bNq said:

Even though the plot isn't fast-paced or anything, the reason I got hooked in it was because of the main characters. So if the characters aren't to your liking, you might as well just drop it.
Mar 30, 2013 6:01 PM

Jul 2011
Lang said:

YES WE CAN
Mar 30, 2013 6:01 PM

Mar 2012
I see troll logic, well using that kind of logic K-on is better
Mar 30, 2013 6:02 PM

Jan 2012
Yes we can XDDDD best anime everr

Shit, I really do hate Gintama.
Mar 30, 2013 6:02 PM

Aug 2012
ElPysCongroo said:
UnusDominus said:
ElPysCongroo said:
UnusDominus said:
natssuu said:
bNq said:
UnusDominus said:

u did not just say that

Oh yes I did sugar.

K-On is objectively better than LOGH

Besides, check out my favorites. Do you really think I'm being serious?
Mar 30, 2013 6:03 PM

Oct 2012
UnusDominus said:
Tavor said:
bNq said:

Definitely, since those episodes mainly help you get familiar with the characters, the setting, the main conflict, etc.

Pretty much what I've read before too. It may be in my drop list, but it's definitely one not to stay there forever, my interests tend to shift to more shorter lengthed anime for the time being.

Mar 30, 2013 6:04 PM

Mar 2013
Whatever stupid shounen thing you people lose your tits over next.
I’m just excited to see my Lord and Savior, Baphomet, represented in such glorious Italian stone. I do hope his eyes gaze upon me and that my allegiance is recognized.

Mar 30, 2013 6:06 PM

Aug 2012
Tavor said:
UnusDominus said:
Tavor said:
bNq said:

Pretty much what I've read before too. It may be in my drop list, but it's definitely one not to stay there forever, my interests tend to shift to more shorter lengthed anime for the time being.

That's the same how I feel with One Piece. Seems like a series that is less-demanding and more of just something to enjoy when I'm not feeling up for serious stuff. But, for God's sake, look at the amount of episodes.
Mar 30, 2013 6:09 PM

Oct 2012
bNq said:

Hahahaha, so this is Gintama's godlike humor XDDDDDDD How disappointing XD
Mar 30, 2013 6:10 PM

Jan 2011
natssuu said:
bNq said:

Even though the plot isn't fast-paced or anything, the reason I got hooked in it was because of the main characters. So if the characters aren't to your liking, you might as well just drop it.

is pretty much impossible to hate Yang though
Mar 30, 2013 6:10 PM

Jul 2011
natssuu said:
bNq said:

Hahahaha, so this is Gintama's godlike humor XDDDDDDD How disappointing XD

Indeed
Mar 30, 2013 6:14 PM

Apr 2008
LotGH is the greatest anime ever made, and it is probably the greatest anime that ever will be made.

I do love Gintama though!
Mar 30, 2013 6:16 PM

Jul 2011
It's a shame that Monster isn't even in the top ten.
Mar 30, 2013 6:17 PM

Aug 2009
If I could choose any random anime.... hmmm what about Mars of Destruction for the lulz :P

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 30, 2013 6:17 PM

Jul 2008
We need some music to lighten the mood.

Mar 30, 2013 6:19 PM

Oct 2012
pralan said:
It's a shame that Monster isn't even in the top ten.

Now, that show really hooked me with just the first few episodes. I'm more of a person that's into mystery.

Yeah, I'm only 5 episodes in, but I can already tell I'll really enjoy it.

Mar 30, 2013 6:20 PM

Oct 2012
Lang said:

Omfg, Gintoki is Hidenori :O Would it be bad if I skipped the first Season and skipped right to the second one?
Mar 30, 2013 6:21 PM

Jan 2008
natssuu said:
Lang said:

Omfg, Gintoki is Hidenori :O Would it be bad if I skipped the first Season and skipped right to the second one?

Well why do you think Nichibros's top recommendation was Gintama?
Mar 30, 2013 6:24 PM

Jul 2008
natssuu said:

Very bad. You can skip like the first 30 episodes though since they are crap.
Mar 30, 2013 6:24 PM

Oct 2012
Paul said:
natssuu said:
Lang said:

Well why do you think Nichibros's top recommendation was Gintama?

Can't recall anything like that.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

25 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

42 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
7 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

70 by PostMahouShoujo »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

21 by Vendicator »»
11 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

17 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.