Forum Settings
Forums

one anime that can replace gintama at #1 on mal

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 4, 2013 9:40 PM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Tommk said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tommk said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tommk said:
One piece top gintama ? Lol what a joke.

FMA B is one of the few anime that can top Gintama.

/One piece fans are ignorant
Actually it probably will, you must be ignorant of the site's scoring rules.

How MAL rate :
Every anime on MAL has a score, based on the ratings of users who have seen that anime.

If a series has 50 or more ratings the score is weighted. If it has less than 50 it is not weighted.

The formula for weighted scores is given below

Well, thats sad. Keep trying harder one pice. To top up 44 ranks, which include FMA B, Steins gate, LOTGH, CLannad AS. Joke
You are ignoring this part "Only scores where a user has completed at least 1/5 of the anime/manga are calculated." All anime rise in the top list when it ends because of it cutting off the scores of people who have not watched atleast 1/5, Fairy Tail recently rose 100 ranks. One Piece is a long anime, for most people if they didn't like it, they wouldn't watch over 100 episodes to get their score counted(and that's only if it ends now, which it will probably continue for longer so the number of episodes will rise). So One Piece's score will rise alot and it's already at rank 44, counting the scores of people who dropped it at one episode and rated it a 1. So try again.

Well, we'll see. If they managed to end the moneygrinding series.
Oda has already said that he has the ending planned, probably in about 10 years it will end, maybe a little less.

in 10 years??!
I hope we will see a new #1 by then :D
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 4, 2013 9:42 PM

May 2012
10 years..........................................................................................................................

Even Naruto will end before it

and hopefully berserk will, which i doubt
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 4, 2013 9:48 PM

Nov 2010
shattereddreamzz said:

in 10 years??!
I hope we will see a new #1 by then :D
Yeah it's something like that.

Tommk said:
10 years..........................................................................................................................

Even Naruto will end before it

and hopefully berserk will, which i doubt
Naruto's ending in like a year or two.

Berserk will possibly end before, but that's if he actually puts out chapters.
Apr 4, 2013 9:48 PM

Apr 2011
Paul said:
SetsukoHara said:
SAO number 1 would be very funny. I miss the shitstorms.

Don't worry

Who's the newcomer?
Apr 4, 2013 10:52 PM
Aug 2011
Tommk said:

WHAT A RUDE MOFO WE HAVE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though I think the Steins;Gate movie is going to end up at #1.

Reason: Why because Steins;Gate is at #4 and that's the haters included.
I assume less haters will watch the movie and the score will skyrocket.

...but then the Gintama movie will come out...........LOLOLOLOL
Apr 4, 2013 10:58 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
GITS of course.

tormented210 said:
Paul said:
SetsukoHara said:

Don't worry

Who's the newcomer?

Shingeki no Kyojin. Apparently, going by all the hype it has, the new SAO.
Apr 4, 2013 11:10 PM
Jul 2018
One piece
Apr 4, 2013 11:11 PM

Dec 2012
naruto. if april fools wasn't enough of a hint
Apr 4, 2013 11:37 PM

Apr 2011
BatoKusanagi said:
GITS of course.

tormented210 said:
Paul said:
SetsukoHara said:

Don't worry

Who's the newcomer?

The manga has a good score, is it going to be any different from SAO?
At least it has a good animation...
Apr 4, 2013 11:40 PM

Jan 2013
tormented210 said:
BatoKusanagi said:
GITS of course.

tormented210 said:
Paul said:
SetsukoHara said:

Don't worry

Who's the newcomer?

From what I heard of SAO: Dark, Mature, and Serious.
From what I heard of Attack of Titan: Dark, Mature, and Serious.

/shrugs
Apr 5, 2013 1:43 AM

Nov 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
WHY IS GINTAMA ON THE TOP AND NOT MY FAVORITE ANIME

ARRRGGGGGHHHH I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD COMPLAINING ABOUT IT MAYBE ILL THINLY VEIL IT THIS TIME

Lol, I didn't really see much actual complaining.

OT. I don't really know. First would be really hard to choose from me. Maybe......Hellsing Ultimate....maybe Ergo proxy off the top of my head but I know those don't deserve number one. Possibly Steins gate. idk too hard.

Edit: Oh wait, somebody said GITS. Yeah I think GITS deserves to be much higher, closer to 1. Buuuuut whatever.
Apr 5, 2013 4:16 AM

May 2012
Just because shingeki is hyped , doesnt mean that it will turn out into a pile of shit.

I'm surprised by people mindset these days
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 5, 2013 4:36 AM

Apr 2009
If we were talking about actual influence on anime as a whole AND quality; Bebop, GitS and other titles should be on top.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 5, 2013 4:44 AM

Sep 2012
Nurarihyon no mago.
Apr 5, 2013 4:51 AM

Nov 2012
Gintama Season 7
Apr 5, 2013 4:53 AM
Jul 2012
tormented210 said:
BatoKusanagi said:
GITS of course.

tormented210 said:
Paul said:
SetsukoHara said:

Don't worry

Who's the newcomer?

It's different as in it's not a piece of shit.
Apr 5, 2013 5:23 AM
May 2009
Hayate no Gotoku, if they managed to do a long running season like Gintama. (The Manga is amazing)
Apr 5, 2013 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
shintai88 said:
Hayate no Gotoku, if they managed to do a long running season like Gintama. (The Manga is amazing)

*was
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 5, 2013 6:13 AM
Nov 2012
Why don't we all go and change our school days scores to ten, for shits and giggles?
Apr 5, 2013 6:38 AM

Apr 2013
Kazeshini said:
Naruto, bleach, one piece, fairy tail, angel beats, everything overrated

so f-king true!
Apr 5, 2013 6:47 AM
Jun 2012
one piece
fairy tail
hunter x hunter 2011
fate zero
fate stay night
Apr 5, 2013 6:52 AM

Nov 2012
saucebox said:
Kazeshini said:
Naruto, bleach, one piece, fairy tail, angel beats, everything overrated

so f-king true!
Shonen get hated on way to fast. As far as i know Bleach, Naruto and One piece stand where they are just fine.
Apr 5, 2013 6:52 AM

Jan 2013
natssuu said:
Sword Art Online, the best love story, insanely great character development and Kirito is like the most badass character ever.

+1
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Apr 5, 2013 7:46 AM
Feb 2013

Please don't ever compare SAO to Shingeki no Kyojin without any background knowledge.

SAO is a romantic fedora wearing giddy boi adventure with it beginning dark and then ending in boring relationship yada yada yada

Shingeki No Kyojin - Think zombie apocalypse except the zombies are massive and vary in size and humans only invented defense really isn't all that amazing.
Apr 5, 2013 8:00 AM

Feb 2012
Mumble200 said:
Why don't we all go and change our school days scores to ten, for shits and giggles?

I'm in.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Apr 5, 2013 10:54 AM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Tommk said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tommk said:
One piece top gintama ? Lol what a joke.

FMA B is one of the few anime that can top Gintama.

Actually it probably will, you must be ignorant of the site's scoring rules.

How MAL rate :
Every anime on MAL has a score, based on the ratings of users who have seen that anime.

If a series has 50 or more ratings the score is weighted. If it has less than 50 it is not weighted.

The formula for weighted scores is given below

Well, thats sad. Keep trying harder one pice. To top up 44 ranks, which include FMA B, Steins gate, LOTGH, CLannad AS. Joke
You are ignoring this part "Only scores where a user has completed at least 1/5 of the anime/manga are calculated." All anime rise in the top list when it ends because of it cutting off the scores of people who have not watched atleast 1/5, Fairy Tail recently rose 100 ranks. One Piece is a long anime, for most people if they didn't like it, they wouldn't watch over 100 episodes to get their score counted(and that's only if it ends now, which it will probably continue for longer so the number of episodes will rise). So One Piece's score will rise alot and it's already at rank 44, counting the scores of people who dropped it at one episode and rated it a 1. So try again.

But isnt that kinda cheating? Maybe not for shorter series but for long series like one piece that has 600+ eps right? 1/5 of that is 120 episodes, a person that doesnt like it that would rate it 1-6 maybe 7, wouldnt bother watching that much. so as the series gets longer the only ratings that would get counted are ppl that truely love it which will be in the 9-10 rating. Thats flawed in my eyes cause basiclly its counting the high scores and not the lows.

For a shorter series to have a higher rating then a long series is way better since ppl only have to watch 3-4 or 6-7 episodes to count their rating, so that means most scores get counted,good or bad,no picky stuff like on one piece or other long series.
Apr 5, 2013 11:06 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
GenuineAnime said:
But isnt that kinda cheating?

Nope. Because it only counts the ratings of users who at least have a good idea of what the show has to offer. It's a good decision.
Apr 5, 2013 11:13 AM

Nov 2010
GenuineAnime said:

But isnt that kinda cheating? Maybe not for shorter series but for long series like one piece that has 600+ eps right? 1/5 of that is 120 episodes, a person that doesnt like it that would rate it 1-6 maybe 7, wouldnt bother watching that much. so as the series gets longer the only ratings that would get counted are ppl that truely love it which will be in the 9-10 rating. Thats flawed in my eyes cause basiclly its counting the high scores and not the lows.

For a shorter series to have a higher rating then a long series is way better since ppl only have to watch 3-4 or 6-7 episodes to count their rating, so that means most scores get counted,good or bad,no picky stuff like on one piece or other long series.
No it's not cheating, it's the same for every series. Actually I think the number should be higher. One Piece has about 590 eps, If someone doesn't like an anime they probably won't rate it a 7. Well there are still people that will watch a show even if they hate it, I've seen people caught up to the current episode with it rated at a 1.

I don't see how it's better for a short series to be rated higher, that's just stupid. A lot of people will drop an anime at one episode no matter the size of the anime. Let me ask you something, do you think it's fair for someone who hasn't even watched 1/5 of a show for their score to count? Would you like it if someone watched the first episode of your favorite anime then said that it sucked and rated it a 1, thus bringing down it's score? Do you think they actually know how good it is? That they got the full experience or even have watched enough to get an idea? And this site is a personal site, your score doesn't have to count, it still shows up the same in your list. The more someone watches a show, the more they know about it, the better they can rate the anime as a whole. Things can change in an anime, it's unreasonable to think someone could even know how good or bad an anime is if they've only watched less than 1/5.
Apr 5, 2013 11:15 AM

Nov 2012
IDK if it takes a series to officially (going by the rating system) be consider getting good at or to get an idea at 120 eps then....mmmh.... now if you rate it at episode 50 hec even 70s then that would be a different story. I dont want to wait 100 eps to decide to drop it or not. by that time I could have seen 5+ different series that would at least get a 7 for me.
Apr 5, 2013 11:22 AM

Nov 2010
GenuineAnime said:
IDK if it takes a series to officially (going by the rating system) be consider getting good at or to get an idea at 120 eps then....mmmh.... now if you rate it at episode 50 hec even 70s then that would be a different story. I dont want to wait 100 eps to decide to drop it or not. by that time I could have seen 5+ different series that would at least get a 7 for me.
That doesn't mean that it takes it that long to get good, it's that most anime get better as they go and longer anime usually have a slower pace, and you can't get the full feel for an anime unless you watch all of it. Things change as it goes, characters are introduced or killed off, things that you didn't like much could have changed, the ending could influence your score, etc.

You don't have to wait for 100 episodes to decide to drop it. You can drop it whenever you want, your list will always show your score. It just won't count on the official score.
Apr 5, 2013 11:25 AM

Apr 2011
Syklus said:

Please don't ever compare SAO to Shingeki no Kyojin without any background knowledge.

SAO is a romantic fedora wearing giddy boi adventure with it beginning dark and then ending in boring relationship yada yada yada

Shingeki No Kyojin - Think zombie apocalypse except the zombies are massive and vary in size and humans only invented defense really isn't all that amazing.

Now I'm pretty excited.
Apr 5, 2013 11:25 AM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
GenuineAnime said:

No it's not cheating, it's the same for every series. Actually I think the number should be higher. One Piece has about 590 eps, If someone doesn't like an anime they probably won't rate it a 7. Well there are still people that will watch a show even if they hate it, I've seen people caught up to the current episode with it rated at a 1.

I don't see how it's better for a short series to be rated higher, that's just stupid. A lot of people will drop an anime at one episode no matter the size of the anime. Let me ask you something, do you think it's fair for someone who hasn't even watched 1/5 of a show for their score to count? Would you like it if someone watched the first episode of your favorite anime then said that it sucked and rated it a 1, thus bringing down it's score? Do you think they actually know how good it is? That they got the full experience or even have watched enough to get an idea? And this site is a personal site, your score doesn't have to count, it still shows up the same in your list. The more someone watches a show, the more they know about it, the better they can rate the anime as a whole. Things can change in an anime, it's unreasonable to think someone could even know how good or bad an anime is if they've only watched less than 1/5.

Yeah I understand dropping it at 1 episode and saying it sucks is stupid. but 100+ eps to count? Lol watch 590 episodes and rating it a 1 rofl? But even if one piece does get #1 it will only be cause of selection. After Story(my fav series) or any other series that's short for that matter should get the benefit of the doubt since ppl can drop it at episode 6 and rate it 7 or less and still get counted. What would be one piece's score if the ppl that dropped it at episode 6? or even 50-70s?

While I dont like one piece I'm not hating on it by all means. I just think since its score is selected so to speak, is unfair.
Apr 5, 2013 11:32 AM

Nov 2010
GenuineAnime said:
Yeah I understand dropping it at 1 episode and saying it sucks is stupid. but 100+ eps to count? Lol watch 590 episodes and rating it a 1 rofl? But even if one piece does get #1 it will only be cause of selection. After Story(my fav series) or any other series that's short for that matter should get the benefit of the doubt since ppl can drop it at episode 6 and rate it 7 or less and still get counted. What would be one piece's score if the ppl that dropped it at episode 6? or even 50-70s?

While I dont like one piece I'm not hating on it by all means. I just think since its score is selected so to speak, is unfair.
Yes it's the same for every anime so it's fair. Yes people do that. Only because of selection? Every anime falls under this rule, actually One Piece is pretty high when it counts those one episode droppers(when there's a lot). The benefit of the doubt? That sounds really stupid, so you want to decide whether an anime should be rated high or low based on the amount of episodes? It's more right for your favorite anime to be rated above One Piece because it has less episodes? It's just simple math, this site doesn't think someone who hasn't watched 1/5 of an anime should have their score counted, and I agree though I would raise the number to like 3/5, or for a way to determine each score's weight.

It's score isnt' "selected" right now, it's counting every score and is very high. Every other anime in the top 60 is following this rule, why is it that just longer anime shouldn't be allowed to?
Apr 5, 2013 11:42 AM

Jan 2013
Mumble200 said:

let's do it :D
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 5, 2013 11:46 AM

Nov 2012
Just curious what would be the score if it counted all of them? Im not saying my fav should be rated above cause it has less. For a 24 episode series you dont need to put much time to see if its good or not, just 6 episodes, if you dont like it,rate it a 5 or what ever and it gets counted, for a 500 episode series, by the time you get to 100's that means you like it so you rate it a 8-10. Besides I never rate a series until I complete it.
Apr 5, 2013 12:01 PM

Nov 2010
GenuineAnime said:
Just curious what would be the score if it counted all of them?
I don't know, someone would have to do the math.

GenuineAnime said:
Im not saying my fav should be rated above cause it has less.
Yeah you basically did, you said they should get the benefit of the doubt, meaing that they should be rated higher or seen as higher because you think it's more accurate.

"After Story(my fav series) or any other series that's short for that matter should get the benefit of the doubt since ppl can drop it at episode 6 and rate it 7 or less and still get counted."

GenuineAnime said:
For a 24 episode series you dont need to put much time to see if its good or not, just 6 episodes, if you dont like it,rate it a 5 or what ever and it gets counted, for a 500 episode series, by the time you get to 100's that means you like it so you rate it a 8-10. Besides I never rate a series until I complete it.
No you can decide it whenever you want, it's just that your score won't count to the overall rating unless you have watched what they think is enough to have an full idea about an anime. It won't change anything on your list at all. No I've already told you that there are people that have watched One Piece(all the 590 episodes) and rated it a 1 or a 2. And people's scores do change as the anime gets longer, I know my score went up as it went longer, for others it was down.

So explain to me why you do that, do you think it's unfair to rate an anime when you haven't watched all of it?
Apr 5, 2013 12:04 PM

Apr 2011
And to this day I still wonder, why the hell do people even give a damn about Gintama' being top anime of MAL?
Apr 5, 2013 12:05 PM

Nov 2010
yhunata said:
And to this day I still wonder, why the hell do people even give a damn about Gintama' being top anime of MAL?
Because that means their favorite anime isn't at the top. Or they don't like it, and don't want other people to think it's the best or above their favorite or other anime they think are better.
Apr 5, 2013 12:09 PM

Apr 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
Because that means their favorite anime isn't at the top. Or they don't like it, and don't want other people to think it's the best or above their favorite or other anime they think are better.

We've got elitists and jealous-fags running around everywhere on MAL.
Apr 5, 2013 12:14 PM

Nov 2010
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:

We've got elitists and jealous-fags running around everywhere on MAL.
MAL's new slogan?
Apr 5, 2013 12:20 PM

Jun 2012
This thread is still around? well

Gintama is, and until One Piece ends, always will be, the best Anime on this site.
Apr 5, 2013 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
yhunata said:

maybe that feel it doesn't deserve it :D
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 5, 2013 12:26 PM

Apr 2011
shattereddreamzz said:
yhunata said:

It's given a rating by a collection of users. Thinking that it doesn't deserve it's rating because you didn't like it as much and making threads about it is stupid elitism or even more stupid jealousy.... of a fictional creation.
Apr 5, 2013 12:26 PM

Nov 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:
This thread is still around? well

Gintama is, and until One Piece ends, always will be, the best Anime on this site.
I've never seen Gintama but it's not number 1 in popularity so maybe the fewer votes has worked to its advantage? I dunno should I watch it? I'll check it out. It can't be too bad if it's at number one right?
Apr 5, 2013 12:28 PM

Jun 2012
BlackSabotage said:
I've never seen Gintama but it's not number 1 in popularity so maybe the fewer votes has worked to its advantage? I dunno should I watch it? I'll check it out. It can't be too bad if it's at number one right?

It was my favorite Anime for 5 or 6 years... So yeah, it's alright.
Apr 5, 2013 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
yhunata said:
shattereddreamzz said:
yhunata said:

It's given a rating by a collection of users. Thinking that it doesn't deserve it's rating because you didn't like it as much and making threads about it is stupid elitism or even more stupid jealousy.... of a fictional creation.

just joking lul..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Apr 5, 2013 12:37 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
GenuineAnime said:
Just curious what would be the score if it counted all of them?
I don't know, someone would have to do the math.

GenuineAnime said:
Im not saying my fav should be rated above cause it has less.
Yeah you basically did, you said they should get the benefit of the doubt, meaing that they should be rated higher or seen as higher because you think it's more accurate.

"After Story(my fav series) or any other series that's short for that matter should get the benefit of the doubt since ppl can drop it at episode 6 and rate it 7 or less and still get counted."

GenuineAnime said:
For a 24 episode series you dont need to put much time to see if its good or not, just 6 episodes, if you dont like it,rate it a 5 or what ever and it gets counted, for a 500 episode series, by the time you get to 100's that means you like it so you rate it a 8-10. Besides I never rate a series until I complete it.
No you can decide it whenever you want, it's just that your score won't count to the overall rating unless you have watched what they think is enough to have an full idea about an anime. It won't change anything on your list at all. No I've already told you that there are people that have watched One Piece(all the 590 episodes) and rated it a 1 or a 2. And people's scores do change as the anime gets longer, I know my score went up as it went longer, for others it was down.

So explain to me why you do that, do you think it's unfair to rate an anime when you haven't watched all of it?

Ok let me correct myself, it IS fair since all series use the same formula but it favors the longer series cause it will count the 8-10s rather then the 6s or belows, well it will count some masochists. Well either way I cant complain; One piece Totals: 149k... After Story, 141k.... One piece Rated 10s:43300 (43%)....After Story: 53873 (55.4%)

Do you think series that have 2 or more seasons should be rated together?
Apr 5, 2013 12:40 PM

Nov 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:
BlackSabotage said:

May I ask what happened? Why did it get knocked out of this spot?
Apr 5, 2013 12:45 PM

Jun 2012
BlackSabotage said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
BlackSabotage said:

-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure got a legit adaptation after 11 years of my waiting.
-Fullmetal Alchemist got a double legit adaptation after 6 years of my waiting.
-The humors starting to get a bit old for me... I still find the Manga funny as fuck, but the Anime just fails to make me laugh...

GenuineAnime said:

That would double the advantage for longer series....

And series like Gintama have 6 or 7 seasons... the others are sequels.
Apr 5, 2013 12:53 PM

Nov 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:
BlackSabotage said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
BlackSabotage said:

-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure got a legit adaptation after 11 years of my waiting.
-Fullmetal Alchemist got a double legit adaptation after 6 years of my waiting.
-The humors starting to get a bit old for me... I still find the Manga funny as fuck, but the Anime just fails to make me laugh...

GenuineAnime said:

That would double the advantage for longer series....

And series like Gintama have 6 or 7 seasons... the others are sequels.
Ok I dont understand why if Jojo is such a big manga why it took them so long to adapt it into an anime. I thought it was just as big as Hokuto no ken back in the day but maybe I'm wrong? Anyway i'll check Gintama out it sounds like it at least deserves a chance.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

58 by InsomniacBastard »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

81 by LostSpectre »»
8 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 39 minutes ago

11 by Otakupervert890 »»
10 minutes ago

» Which of your Character Favorites (profile) do you think are the least faithful/biggest potential cheaters?

IpreferEcchi - 34 minutes ago

3 by tchitchouan »»
10 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 2 hours ago

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.