Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fairy Tail Episode 175 Discussion


Mar 29, 2013 8:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 671
It's ending....

Anyways, nice fight. I hope it's only on hiatus... T_T
 
Mar 29, 2013 8:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5179
It's over!! D:
And it ended just like I/and others predicted :P
Ended with chapter 297

And seeing that bit with Levy... wow.. I was just...

So much Natsu and Lucy... :P haha

I'm gonna miss watching Fairy Tail every Saturday!! They say that it's going to resume sometime in April.

Everyone who's not reading the manga, I strongly recommend that you do. You can start from chapter 297, which is episode 175 and read from there to the current chapter out (325). You obviously don't have to but I am strongly recommending it.

:)
 
Mar 29, 2013 8:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 486
I heard they were making a rerun on April 4th.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 
Mar 29, 2013 8:45 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1693
That levy, That hooded girl, That Dragon graveyard, That and That and That, its
7/10

 
Mar 29, 2013 8:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Dark_Messiah said:
That levy, That hooded girl, That Dragon graveyard, That and That and That, its
7/10


Now you know how the manga folk felt when this chapter came out. Diference is we only had to wait for two weeks to see what happens next XD
 
Mar 29, 2013 8:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4064
The Anime was fun. Now the question is the "To Be Continue" a season 2 or just an OVA... It's most likely that it will be an OVA(s) to Finish the Tournament.
 
Mar 29, 2013 8:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18257
Now waiting for pool OVA.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
 
Mar 29, 2013 8:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
I wish they would at least finish up the grand tournament. Enough is done in the manga to go that far and then it could wait a little while longer without as much suspense in the anime. Then they could postpone it longer. Oh well, not like I can change anything by complaining
 
Mar 29, 2013 8:55 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1693
Darklight0303 said:
Dark_Messiah said:
That levy, That hooded girl, That Dragon graveyard, That and That and That, its
7/10


Now you know how the manga folk felt when this chapter came out. Diference is we only had to wait for two weeks to see what happens next XD

haha IKR?.. because of that fillerish chapter we had to wait 2 weeks, but in anime we have to wait forever :D..

 
Mar 29, 2013 9:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1408
5/5 just because it was it's last episode.
Alexx_ said:
Only thing I'm going to miss is Erza.

I predict it's going to be similar to what they did in Dragon ball Z with future Trunks.
 
Mar 29, 2013 9:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1663
TechDragon said:
The Anime was fun. Now the question is the "To Be Continue" a season 2 or just an OVA... It's most likely that it will be an OVA(s) to Finish the Tournament.

I think it'll be S2 or rather just continuation since this is technically S4. Maybe finishing this arc alone in OVAs is a potential but I think they will use the huge cliffhanger they left us with to fuel the fire to scheduled return in time.

It'll be back. The to be continued slammed at the end. Natsu and Lucy saying let's meet again. It might be a year or so but they won't let this go. I'm sure the announcement that is pending will definitely be good news.

That said, I'm so bummed. Awesome last two episodes. This episode was so very epic. So much foreshadowing. What the hell Levy??!!!! What happened!?

It's been a long ride. We are at a rest stop for a bit but the journey will continue. It has to.

FAIRY TAIL!

Modified by IZEROII, Mar 29, 2013 9:18 PM
 
Mar 29, 2013 9:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 27
For anyone who wants to know what chapter to start from after the anime,it's 298.
 
Mar 29, 2013 9:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3031
so my thoughs after watching this? More like words, and they were

"FUCK!" "WHY?! WHY?!"

lmao, oh my gosh. That whole bit after the credits was just full of suspense and mystery. And we wont' find out about any of it until the anime comes back. And of course if one reads the manga, which I don't want, because I prefer watching anime.

But I guess, since it is unknown about how long we have to wait for the anime to come back then I guess I will read the manga. Fudge. :/

Anyways so July 7th, something about the world ending, and them losing to fate. And Lucy is in the middle of it, the strange guy that is organizing this will use her as sacrifice to save the world? Well that's what i got from the last few eps.

And then Levy at the end, after those fateful events, lived to tell the story. And she mentioned about at least 2 people dying, one of whom she loved. And well my guess to that would be Gajeel, but who knows it could be someone else.

And what I want to know is what happens to Lucy?! what why?!! Because ever since the "Grand Magic Games" Started, she's been narrating the episodes, and mentioning in bits about that "Fateful day". And she is always talking "TO" Lu-chan.

So sad, :(. Can't believe it they ended it here (For now) I was getting all excited with all this suspense. But man. Well like I said before I will have to read the manga to find out.

Anyways FT is truly one of the best anime for me. All the characters are great, and I don't think there is one that I dislike. The stories and arcs are awesome too, and the action of course never fails.

And for season 2, I hope it airs at a "more adult" time, and like some people have mentioned before, it will be even better. No need to watch out for children who watch this damn it. lol.

For those of you who have been watching this since it started, props to you. By then I wasn't watching anime, so there's that. And I actually started marathoning the anime very recently and I caught up exactly when the Grand magic games started. But I enjoyed it.

I will miss you Lucy. Erza. Mavis. Juvia. Natsu. Levy. and the others!
so in the end, 10/10 for me.
 
Mar 29, 2013 9:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1772
>news said it was ending
>ending proved otherwise



My guess is it's going into hiatus and will come back as fairy tail something
 
Mar 29, 2013 9:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 15
Please please dont be like rave master all over again :(, finish what you started.
 
Mar 29, 2013 9:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Inarius said:
>news said it was ending
>ending proved otherwise

[im]http://i.imgur.com/yUHDq5k.jpg?1[/img]

My guess is it's going into hiatus and will come back as fairy tail something
What do you mean? It is ending, at least for now. The ending doesn't prove anything, other anime have ended with a similar message and never came back.
 
Mar 29, 2013 9:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 512
Fantastic episode, loved the ending found it very funny/amusing great twists to the ending.
Loved the action in the match and still can't stop laughing when he put Gajeel into a mine cart.
Great background music, loved what Lucy said "Ever since i joined Fairy Tail i've allways belived in you Natsu" really moving...
loved the sneak peak to the next season/chapter in fairy tail when supposingly Lucy is going to die?!?! aswell as a Dragon graveyard & Zeref ?!?!

Overall Great ep 10/10 best episode so far ...can't wait for the next

 
Mar 29, 2013 9:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 126
Believe it or not, I found a forum somewhere that answers all the anime's unanswered questions for those daring to spoil themselves.

You can find it here.
 
Mar 29, 2013 9:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 57
I remember when Fairy Tail first several episodes were already out and I decided to watch the first episode. However, I did not continue onto episode 2 as I had a lot of other anime to watch as well. It was interesting but I just simply did not continue. When there was about 170~ episodes, that's when I started marathoning it. I completely fell in love with the anime. I absolutely love the characters, the story, and fight scenes. From this final episode, it seems like they will continue animating it sometime in the future and I hope they do. I have not read the manga but I will if the anime has truly ended.


"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
 
Mar 29, 2013 9:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1031
I am so sad that it ended ;_; Erza I am going to miss you the most.

I hope that this show comes back soon.
 
Mar 29, 2013 9:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 195
I'm surprised that most of the comments are about Anime ending rather than the content in this episode itself, considering that both Natsu defeating Sting/Rogue and Levy's letter created a massive shit storm in the Manga community. Still terrible animation as usual though.
 
Mar 29, 2013 9:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22840
LOL....Shounen HAX + Power of Friendship to the rescue!

Bleh...

Although, it was rather smart of them to end it in a cliff hanger making the audience want more.

Either way, Fairy Tail the anime was cringe worthy to watch too many times, and it seems like they never get anywhere with all these arcs that they do.

6/10

Oh and Yeah....GOOD RIDDANCE to Aya Hirano, that's the best thing that came out of this episode.
 
Mar 29, 2013 9:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 223
wow. like. Umm. What.

So wait. Lucy dies. What the fuck just happened. Who else died, where's the rest of the guild, what just fucking happened. Did the tournament end prematurely or did FT lose., who's the hooded girl. SO many questions and that's just from the last couple of minutes. WHAT THE FUCK.
Modified by Rydako, Mar 29, 2013 9:54 PM
 
Mar 29, 2013 10:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 70
amazing last episode, story went as smoothly as ever. Dragon graveyard, eclispe project, sabertooth being defeated, survival games, weird woman with zeref's power, levy crying in the end etc... sure left us wondering about the next episode(AMAZING CLIFFHANGER). cant wait for fairy tail to come back! :D
 
Mar 29, 2013 10:18 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1693
Rydako said:
wow. like. Umm. What.

So wait. Lucy dies. What the fuck just happened. Who else died, where's the rest of the guild, what just fucking happened. Did the tournament end prematurely or did FT lose., who's the hooded girl. SO many questions and that's just from the last couple of minutes. WHAT THE FUCK.

read the manga from chapter 300 to the current chapter 325.. it isnt that much thats why anime ended coz they are catching up with the manga..

 
Mar 29, 2013 10:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
I realized when I heard the news of it ending, that this would be the longest anime that I've ever watched as it aired from the first episode to the last.

Anyways it was an ok episode, pretty predictable. The anime ended without concluding any of the mysteries, it stayed generic to the end. You could totally tell the outcome of the fight, that some drama like that would turn up, and that Gajeel would find something.
Really thought that they would reveal some stuff at the end and not leave such a cliffhanger. I guess it's smart if it ever comes back, but if it never comes back then it's a stupid move.

5/10
 
Mar 29, 2013 10:24 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5089
Dammit second season now ! The ending of the daimatou enbu is killing me

Awesome Sig by Lailide
 
Mar 29, 2013 10:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 60
I know that Lucy dies in the manga but just don't get the part Levy cries at the end of the anime so confused
 
Mar 29, 2013 10:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 805
Well, I loved every second out of it. The soundtrack, the characters, the story. It was all good!

9.5 / 10 rounded to 10.
 
Mar 29, 2013 10:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 102
Rydako said:
wow. like. Umm. What.

So wait. Lucy dies. What the fuck just happened. Who else died, where's the rest of the guild, what just fucking happened. Did the tournament end prematurely or did FT lose., who's the hooded girl. SO many questions and that's just from the last couple of minutes. WHAT THE FUCK.
hooded girl is lucy, she came back from future! :)
 
Mar 29, 2013 10:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3362
Damn it that end was such A TEASE.

What happens to Gajeel in that graveyard? Kinda annoyed he didn't do more.

What happens to Levi and her predictions?

What happens to the ex Sabretooth mage and her new role?

What happens to Jellal and whoever this woman is?
 
Mar 29, 2013 10:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 39
I will miss Fairy Tail T^T hope it really gonna continue someday...
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 18
I'm not particularly happy it's ended, but the cliff-hangers are torture.
I'm mostly concerned with what the hell was happening to Levy. I'd look at the manga, but I watch this with my boyfriend who ~*loves*~ to experience the shock of plot twists with me.

Sigh sigh...
ハロ、ハワユ。私の名前はサラです。はじめまして!(^ヮ^)ノ
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................

I can't believe it ended. I am just so, so sad right now. Fairy Tail is just one of those anime's!!

I feel like a part of me has just died.
Modified by Tachii, Mar 30, 2013 10:16 AM
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18257
Natsu saying that lets meet again in the end so the probability of this series get another season is high.

I wanna know how much parting word will Fairy Tail get.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
NeoAnkara said:
Natsu saying that lets meet again in the end so the probability of this series get another season is high.

I wanna know how much parting word will Fairy Tail get.
I'm sorry to tell you, but that doesn't mean that a show is more likely to get another season. It's natural to want to end it in a way that might allow a sequel, and I've seen multiple anime with an ending similar that haven't continued yet.
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 355
Dat animation during the final attack. Probably the highest ive seen in this anime. Loved this episode. I already miss this anime ;(
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2127
I remember starting the manga around chapter 100-110 and shortly after, there was the anime announcement.

I never had my own internet until about 2 years ago, so I had to go to the internet cafe, library or family.
I got 1-10 after waiting about 2 months.
I was exited beyond belief. Watched those 10 episodes so many times.

Well, now that I'm unbiased and strive to rate completely objectively, based on quality writing within specific genres, I have to give this a 4/10.

I still love it to death, obviously and I will miss the anime, so I'll patiently await its inevitable return.
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:19 PM
DatLookTho

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 7284
IntroverTurtle said:
I'm sorry to tell you, but that doesn't mean that a show is more likely to get another season. It's natural to want to end it in a way that might allow a sequel, and I've seen multiple anime with an ending similar that haven't continued yet.


Regardless, Mashima already confirmed that the anime isn't over. So the TBC isn't for shits n' giggles.

-----------

It was pretty obvious it was going to end on a cliffhanger. I wonder how long they'll wait until they start it back. No more awesome anime to watch on Friday nights with incredible soundtrack or Ohara Sayaka's fantastic voice. My heart aches. :( Onee-sama <3

Oh well. This is better than being bombarded with fillers at least. Will eagerly anticipate its return.
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18257
IntroverTurtle said:
NeoAnkara said:
Natsu saying that lets meet again in the end so the probability of this series get another season is high.

I wanna know how much parting word will Fairy Tail get.
I'm sorry to tell you, but that doesn't mean that a show is more likely to get another season. It's natural to want to end it in a way that might allow a sequel, and I've seen multiple anime with an ending similar that haven't continued yet.
Just wishfull thinking. It will be better if this get another season but if not we still have manga to follow. I'm gonna miss the OST and character voice thought.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 72
Stark700 said:
Fairy Tail logic.


I would have thought it more strange if these 2 dragon slayers who were kids when Natsu was world renown as the salamander could surpass him in just 7 years.
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 114615
shadowtsunami said:
IchigoHollowfi said:
Stark700 said:
Lol now he posted after our comments.
....

Anyways, been a great 3 years. I remember when I started watching FT in late November of 2011 after surfing some random anime sites.

Speaking of which, I don't think this is the end of the series yet! Well, there's still the manga of course. 7.5/10 for the anime. It's been a long ride.


Cool. :D
I started it in May 2010. it's been a wonderful time. :'D
I can't wait for the Return. ^__^


I remember first seeing fairy tail when it first came out. I waited 5 episodes, and my friend was like dude watch it. It was one of the first anime I watched once I got my internet, and it was worth it. So I've been watching since November 2009, can't believe it's been 3+ years already.


*Brofist*
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 195

Uh ohh... Dat A1 quality strikes again.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Well, now that I'm unbiased and strive to rate completely objectively, based on quality writing within specific genres, I have to give this a 4/10.

I still love it to death, obviously and I will miss the anime, so I'll patiently await its inevitable return.

Gash giving FT 4/10? Did not see this coming.
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
sarroush said:
Regardless, Mashima already confirmed that the anime isn't over. So the TBC isn't for shits n' giggles.
I never said it wasn't, I was just saying that that particular thing that some ending anime do is not enough to have hope for a sequel.

They also need another translator for that message, because it just sounds like he's announcing the reruns and some new OVAs, not necessarily a continuation.

NeoAnkara said:
Just wishfull thinking. It will be better if this get another season but if not we still have manga to follow. I'm gonna miss the OST and character voice thought.
Well keep that wishful thinking.
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1740
Sure beat them easily, wanted Gajeel to come back. Really enjoyed last episode but man what a teaser, could have at least revealed who the masked person is.
But man, Saturday morning breakfasts will not be the same anymore, needs to be back asap! :P


 
Mar 29, 2013 11:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18257
IntroverTurtle said:
NeoAnkara said:
Just wishfull thinking. It will be better if this get another season but if not we still have manga to follow. I'm gonna miss the OST and character voice thought.
Well keep that wishful thinking.
One or two wish doesn't hurt.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 594
this fight was ridiculous. that sting completly kicked natsu and gajeel's asses but then from nothin natsu gone stronger than sting and rogue in dragon force mode.

was going to let it with a 7/10 but i can't ignore this shitty fight( like many others in FT) so it finishes with a 6/10.

though it finished with a cliffhanger, im curious about that girl in the end n bout that guy's plan, so i wouldn't mind if it had a second season
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:33 PM
DatLookTho

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 7284
IntroverTurtle said:
sarroush said:
Regardless, Mashima already confirmed that the anime isn't over. So the TBC isn't for shits n' giggles.
I never said it wasn't, I was just saying that that particular thing that some ending anime do is not enough to have hope for a sequel.

They also need another translator for that message, because it just sounds like he's announcing the reruns and some new OVAs, not necessarily a continuation.



http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-30/final-fairy-tail-episode-ends-with-to-be-continued-message

Here you go. Just in case you haven't seen it. According to ANN, he refers to the reruns and the continuation separately. And ANN isn't known for making translation mistakes, so my money's with them on this.
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
sarroush said:
IntroverTurtle said:
sarroush said:
Regardless, Mashima already confirmed that the anime isn't over. So the TBC isn't for shits n' giggles.
I never said it wasn't, I was just saying that that particular thing that some ending anime do is not enough to have hope for a sequel.

They also need another translator for that message, because it just sounds like he's announcing the reruns and some new OVAs, not necessarily a continuation.



http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-30/final-fairy-tail-episode-ends-with-to-be-continued-message

Here you go. Just in case you haven't seen it. According to ANN, he refers to the reruns and the continuation separately. And ANN isn't known for making translation mistakes, so my money's with them on this.
Already seen it but someone posted this today, because today is when he was supposed to have posted the tweet telling the good news. That's why I said they need a better translator if this is indeed the actual "good news" tweet from him.

Hiro Mashima said:
今は「to be continued」しか言えないけど、OADの新作も木曜日の再放送も原作もまだまだ続きますので、これからもフェアリーテイルをよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

Google translate:

I do not just say "to be continued" now, so far from over even the original re-broadcast on Thursday also some new OAD, thank you a Fairy Tale in the future

Somebody else posted the address https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/317831936485769217
 
Mar 29, 2013 11:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 510
Natsu is such a badass xD
I hope they continue Fairy Tail again soon, though I know they have to let the manga finish some arcs first...
I'll be waiting, Fairy Tail ^^ Zutto
 
Top
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store