Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fairy Tail Episode 175 Discussion

Aug 11, 2014 12:38 AM

Ghost-Edge said:
MilviBritannia said:
Not sure if this qualifies as necroing a thread but I've gotta say that this episode very well summed up why I slowly started to dislike fairy tail. Seriously it was so God-awful that I cannot put it into words as to how pathetic this bullshit friendship powerup that natsu always gets actually is. Every single fight he fights seems to end with him getting this powerup. He learned nothing from Gildarts which was proven by the Acnalogia fight, he was getting his ass kicked by clearly superior dragon slayers and then BOOM the power up! How imaginative! This show has become a joke. Basically it means that if I have my friends cheering me on I could go and kick the shit out of Mike Tyson in his prime. Seriously just bad.

Natsu never actually went all out on them. The fight was even more one sided in Natsu's favour in the manga, and if you don't enjoy it now then you may aswell stay away from season 2.

Thanks for letting me know. I think that may well be the case. It is getting tiring watching the main character get random unexplained power ups, and beating enemies which were shitting all over him until a minute ago.

Then watching that same enemy one shot someone who Natsu couldn't even touch...makes sense.

Aug 17, 2014 9:57 PM

I liked the series.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!

Sep 30, 2014 3:15 AM

With that the first series is over. As much as I want to stop series two I need a break from this.

Natsu is DA BOSS!!! Completely owned Sabertooth, it wasn't even close. Absolutely awesome fight. Also ended the series at the best part.

Final score for the series an 8/10. Some very bad filler throughout, but the epicness of the rest of the show outweighs it by far. Great show!

Oct 10, 2014 5:18 PM

I couldn't keep up with the scores :c

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

Nov 3, 2014 8:53 PM

Came into this anime with low expectations but I was pleasantly surprised ^_^ It had a little bit of everything, from action to comedy to emotional moments, I can definitely say that this anime really grew on me. 10/10

Feb 26, 2015 5:51 PM

i enjoyed it, it kinda reminded me of the first episode with the way lucy talked.... she was looking for salamander to get into fairy tail, and she got her wish (even if it went full circle)

those two do look cute together... natsu taking them both on.. was just natsu.

Gajeel may have tried to pull the same stunt if he thought of it first.. and although it was talked about what the previous magic games were about, the graveyard just asked more questions
Modified by deplorable, Feb 26, 2015 5:59 PM

Mar 31, 2015 4:51 PM
Just watched the episode and I gotta say " LOVE IT! " however...

Anyone kinda...well ticked off how they ended it? I love the fact they made Natsu OP has hell (those two had it coming) it's just...everything else. Gajeel finds a Dragon Graveyard , Hooded Woman is still unknown (still things Future Lucy?) and soo many questions are unanswered and the fact that Day 5 hasn't came.

By this point Series 2 is already here and everything I'm saying might have been answered. So forgive me (everything is still fresh for me and just felt like posting this.)

I love and hate how they ended it lol really kinda of a piss off but in a good way if that makes sense lol.

Aug 17, 2015 8:38 PM

Such an awesome ending! GO NATSU!!! :D That cute smile at the end of the fight. <3

Hoping Gajeel & Rogue will get their time to shine in a fight because they really did screw Gajeel over and Natsu stole the show which I expected & don't mind, I just feel bad for poor Gajeel & for Rogue not getting his true fight with Gajeel. xD

So ready to start Fairy Tail (2014) and ready for the rest of the Grand Magic Games arc and everything else to come! Fairy Tail is the best <3

The cliffhanger ending, I'm dying to know who the person wearing the hood is!

May 30, 2016 12:44 PM
This episode kinda got me pissed off. I couldn't even finish watching it but I will go back since yall are talking about a cliffhanger at the end. Sabertooth deserved better. Just because you got friends doesn't mean you're stronger. Sabertooth dragons have friends too, in fact they were doing this for their friends. They slayed a dragon for goodness sakes which the strongest members of fairy tail couldn't do even with their powers combined. Natsu shouldn't be that strong but I guess it's not surprising comsidering they always do this and plus and he technically cheated his way to power by having that lady with Jellal unleash it or whatever. These kinda fights are annoying, the least they could have done is make it a draw, or at least make it seem like he was struggling a little bit. They didn't even allow Gajeel to fight just so they could have Natsu stealing all the spotlight. This was always one of my main problems with the show but I already started so I can't stop. I want to know what happened to the dragons and plus I live Jerza's storyline, they are the only one that matters. Of course I like the funny moments. That's one thing.

Aug 25, 2016 3:26 PM
Bunnies πŸ“

Natsu's second origin move looked insane. Very entertaining fight imo. It would have been nice to see Gajeel's true power but oh well. And Gajeel appears to have stumbled upon a graveyard towards the end.

Jellal's expression at the end, just who did he see that made him freak out.

Something that's been bugging me is how Levy is telling the viewer the events that occurred during the GMG. Is that like Future Levy because the Levy in the stadium isn't hurt but the one we see towards the end is all bandaged up.

Speak up Carla. She's really annoying me by being silent with those premonitions. She should know by now FT isn't the type to make fun of her so why keep quiet.
Modified by SweetKiichigo, Aug 25, 2016 3:31 PM

Sep 1, 2016 4:39 PM

Thank fucking hell i don have to wait anything, Awesome ending,
Epic Fight, to easy for Natsu! come on! still amazing fight by Natsu, FT in the lead.
Gajeel finds a dragon Tomb, And Jellal find someone interesting, Might be someone he didnt think it was? He freaked up tho, And we saw a Future with Levy :/ quite emotional! poor Levy... What the hell happened, or will happen?!

Overall 9.6/10 (10/10) for me so much memories all of it, just have left me speechless and i shall with FT to the end!! (now it time for movie and OVA :D
Modified by Dead_By_Heart, Sep 1, 2016 4:43 PM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.

Nov 28, 2016 7:40 AM

Great fight! So happy Natsu won!
Now, I wonder what happened, Levy is the only one left? Everyone is dead? I am happy she confessed her love for Gajeel, but still sad to know that something really bad happened.

8/10

Jan 18, 2017 1:08 AM
Wen is the new season coming out?? I can't wait!

Apr 18, 2017 11:52 AM

I can't believe there are lots of fan of this garbage. lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 15, 2017 2:59 PM
When you reach the end of an anime that is already old and come back to read through all the old forums. It's like hey! I thought that too. And then you see the year of that comment is like 2-3 years ago. Kind of a bummer.

Anyways, fairytail always made me happy. This episode was soooo hot. We all knew natsu would win but dayam it was fun. Going to start reading the manga now. Or watch the Oza. If I want to watch the movies...which one should I watch? Any suggestions?

Jan 29, 2018 4:39 AM

I can't wait to watch season 2 but damn poor Levy what happend to her ;-;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 8, 2018 5:41 PM
Is it really over shouldn’t they all get together again before they end it and what about the dragon or zereaf

Feb 24, 2018 5:47 AM

so they leave it hanging, huh?

Natsu so OP, I thought they gonna get trashing again like Lucy had.
there's some contradiction on this episode. Makarov said that this is the result of their 3 month training, but in some previous episode it is clearly that they didn't even had a time to training since they've invited to the realm of Celestials.

Sep 26, 2018 2:40 AM

Damn, after my four year journey watching Fairy Tail, it has finally come to an end. (Well... for season 1 anyway.) I think Fairy Tail was an amazing series, definitely doesn't deserve all the hate it gets, but I agree with the fillers being trash.

Some arcs were rushed/meh, but I really enjoyed some, such as: The Grand Magic Games, Tenrou Island, Tower of Heaven, Edolas, Thunder Legion and Oracion Seis. My favourite characters were probably Natsu, Gray, Erza, Jellal and Laxus. Can't wait to see more of Laxus though, he's a power house.

9.5/10 from me, but I'll round it to 10/10.
Attack on Titan is legendary

Oct 26, 2018 12:00 PM

The absolute best!!! This series had been great so far but the ending was too awesome and partly emotional and mysterious too. Gladly they finally made Natsu as strong and OP he deserved to be from the start. This was just great!!!

Jan 26, 1:58 AM

ALAS, MYANIMELIST TOMODACHI. THUS ENDS MY JOURNEY WITH THE ORIGINAL FAIRY TAIL I BEGAN ON OCTOBER 16, 2013. FIVE YEARS THREE MONTHS AND TEN DAYS!

I can't say I recall the prior arcs very well -- bits and pieces at most -- but Fairy Tail has always been thoroughly hit and miss for me. There are few other shows that got me sobbing as many times as Fairy Tail has, but man, few other shows make me cringe the way Fairy Tail does, too.

The nakama power of friendship shit doesn't particularly bother me, but how gimmicky many of the characters act does. The comedy is fucking awful most of the time, and a lot of the characters say and do stupid shit to appeal to the cringy sense of humor. I sometimes felt embarrassed watching Fairy Tail around other people, lmao.

Saw some posts in the last episode thread complaining about the OST... I don't know if I've ever commented on the OST over these 5 plus years, but allow me to take the opportunity now: from the very first episode -- and I recall that quite well -- the recurring use of the main Fairy Tail motif, and all the many ways it has been remixed throughout the series, gets me fired up and invested into the hype. I have a soft spot for epic shounen battle music anyway, but I love that Celtic tune and the myriad ways it recurs.

Jellal is the real nigga and by a wide margin my favorite character in this series. Erza and Wendy come closest as seconds, Gray as a more distant third. I like some of the other characters, but many of them are also just trash tier Fairy Tail memes.

I've never been a Natsu fan, but this battle highlights how far he's come, and that always feels good to watch in a long running shounen. Natsu may always come out with nakama power up wins, but he fights with insight and finesse sorely absent long ago. I start to feel hyped watching Natsu fight now, and I can't say I always did.

That said, I do feel the dragon twins were done dirty. Sting and Rogue seem like cool dudes, their powers were incredible, and Natsu shouldn't have made them look like such pussies even if Fairy Tail had to win.

Carla's foreboding precognition sets a terrible omen and I look forward to seeing it come to fruition! It's looking downright apocalyptic, and I think that would be an incredible turn for the show. Probably whatever terrible disaster that looms will be stifled, but I'm excited to see what unfolds nonetheless.

After having burned through about 20 episodes over the last 3 or 4 days, I'm feeling a bit burned out on Fairy Tail, but this was a delightful way to wrap up the first series in a way that makes me excited for the next season, because despite feeling kinda burned out I want to start up the next series posthaste! And I just might.

☩ Discord: Zadion#0202
☩ RateYourMusic
☩ last.fm

Mar 16, 6:41 PM

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT NEXT SEASON HERE I COME :)))))))))))

May 27, 9:18 PM
As they say "Always leave the best for last". The Arc of the Great Magical Games, without a doubt, is my favorite Fairy Tail bow. It was an exciting and overwhelming spectacle. A plot wrapped in mystery, feeling and lots of action.
The members of the Fairy Tail Guild are incredible! 😁✊
I loved this anime, the first episodes were a bit lazy, but then I realized why "Fairy Tail" is considered one of the best shounen in history 😎. I love the great love that all the members of the guild have, they are a family ❀. I think it's the most admirable thing about this anime.

A for the next season. Fairy Tail (2014), here I go! ✊

Nov 9, 3:06 PM

Natsu is such a badass mofo when he's only 30% being a stupid knuckle head. that ending tho, can't imagine folks watching in real time having to wait a year to catch up with that cliffhanger lol

series thoughts: came in with low expectations bc a good chunk of people are not too kind. better than i figure it be. only things that hurt it was the slow start, the two globs of filler (one being boring while the other big one being dumb and awful so much that the show itself pretend it didnt exist), and kinda-sorta the fact it caught up to the manga by the end, which doesnt matter bc i'm marathoning.

woulda been a generous 9 but i give it a nice 8. now then, 153 episodes and a chronological movie to go....

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

Preview MangaManga Store