Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2013 5:51 PM
May 2012
I hope it never will. something like kakurenbo? i can't even watch it because it looks so bad.
Mar 28, 2013 5:55 PM

Feb 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
ADiosMio said:
American children's movies all went 3D... It could possibly happen to animu. Bu anime isn't for kids!, you say. Well, there were some drawn films for adults as well in the past, but those are all gone too.

Japanese have different ideals/aesthetics than we do (TO A DEGREE), though so I'm not sure. Depends on how important 2D boobies are I guess.

Not all children's movies in the US went that way, only those by Pixar and very few others. Also, just like with anime films that are done entirely as 3D CG - it's EXTREMELY NICHE.

Anime is not one genre or one style aimed at one demographic. When every single non-real TV show becomes done in 3D CG in America, THEN you will have a point. Otherwise, what you just said is literally saying nothing. You said "one tiny very specifically aimed type of movie in the US is done in that fashion a lot" which really has no baring on an ENTIRE AND MASSIVE INDUSTRY.

Oh, by children's movies I was specifically referring to cartoons, not live action. I should have made that clearer.

And really? Give me a list of recent English-language films in 2D animation and I'll concede complete defeat.

As for the rest of your points, I guess you're right. There are still 2D cartoons on TV here; wasn't really considering that when I wrote my post because it's been almost two decades since I've watched them (I stopped really early xD).
Mar 29, 2013 2:16 AM
Dec 2012
deadjames said:
gargS said:
deadjames said:
I'm kind of confused, do you mean all anime? Because we already have some full 3D anime now, Advent Children was already mentioned and there's also Vexille, TO, Oblivion Island, and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within to name a few others.

Yes. But I am not talking about CG like in Advent Children but rather like Berserk movie and the video I posted in my last comment.
I'm pretty sure that video is cel shaded and not CGI, but to it's credit that's some of the best goddamn cel shading I've ever seen.

Could you please differentiate between cel shaded graphics and 3D graphics. I guess my knowledge lags here.
Mar 29, 2013 6:28 AM

Aug 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Ghostony said:
gargS said:
Hi everyone ! Because of the extensive of 3D CG in anime, a question popped up in my mind - Will anime ever go full 3D CG ? If yes, then when ? Just asking. Have a good day !

What does the CG stand for..?

I saw a 3D anime the other day

.hack//the movie

man..it was pretty good

But not the type of 3D that comes out of the screen.. but that would be flippin awesome if it did!

3D isn't 3D as in popping out at you. Anime is 2D, it's flat. A 3D CG anime would have each thing rendered on it's own fully as a 3-dimensional object. It's much more like having an actor and a set, because everything is already created and you just manipulate it to how you want it to be for this or that scene - rather than drawing it again each time.

So... like this? Because this is what I was talking about
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Mar 29, 2013 6:31 AM

Sep 2011
I also hope not.

Mar 29, 2013 6:31 AM
Jan 2013
Even if it's done right, I'll never watch any of the series. 2D anime has a great atmosphere too it. 3D is way to realistic and doesn't fit anime
Mar 29, 2013 10:59 AM

Jan 2012
Please no, god no. I already stopped watching Mecha anime because of this. Cars, sure. I've got nothing against that. But it should stay at that... I'm talking about poor 3D in anime.
Mar 29, 2013 4:14 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Hopefully not. But something like GITS: innocence (or wonderful days) style visual would be nice.
Mar 29, 2013 4:41 PM

Sep 2012
Hope not
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 2 hours ago

11 by alexw1020 »»
6 seconds ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 35 minutes ago

6 by PostMahouShoujo »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

86 by Maou_heika »»
6 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

31 by Rhaelynne »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 9 hours ago

15 by Fail_Man_X »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.