Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2013 6:26 AM
Oct 2013
That Kodaka, He's nothing compared with Keima ( God only know ) in Romance life !!!
He just ran away when Sena confessed her feeling, poor Sena :(

Even though, both of them have no experience in romance
Oct 19, 2013 5:16 PM

Aug 2013
vaeriury said:
That Kodaka, He's nothing compared with Keima ( God only know ) in Romance life !!!

What's that got to do with this? I think running was certainly the best option. Initially, that is. Staying away completely, I'm not so sure, but initially running away, I think was the best option. Have you read the Light Novels? They elaborate a lot better on why Kodaka ran off like that.
Oct 19, 2013 9:31 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Gamudan said:
vaeriury said:

What's that got to do with this? I think running was certainly the best option. Initially, that is. Staying away completely, I'm not so sure, but initially running away, I think was the best option. Have you read the Light Novels? They elaborate a lot better on why Kodaka ran off like that.

I've started reading them. Not sure I completely agree with the theory that running away was the best option, but I'm pretty sure Sena knew that he'd come back to her. Rika should also get some thanks.
Oct 19, 2013 9:41 PM
Oct 2012
elkensteyin said:
Gamudan said:

I've started reading them. Not sure I completely agree with the theory that running away was the best option, but I'm pretty sure Sena knew that he'd come back to her. Rika should also get some thanks.

Running away was what Kodaka has done the entire series, this is what Rika figured out in the train, and then brought up on the roof during the sports festival. She also stated it after Kobata's movie. Both of the siblings have intimacy issues, most likely due to their mother dying and their father always being on the move. They have both compensated for this by keeping people at arms length, better to not become close to people if you are only going to move away after a year or two. During this episode Rika finally forced Kodaka to be honest about this, and this was what allowed him to be able to face Sena.
Oct 20, 2013 3:45 PM

Aug 2013
I know that, I did watch the series. By initially, I meant after Sena said she loved him, the rest of the series, I don't know, but in that situation I'd still say it was the best option.
Though I hadn't thought of their mother in relation to that, interesting idea.
Nov 4, 2013 2:49 PM

Oct 2013
really enjoyed this series, the ending left me a bit wanting but over all I really enjoyed it.
8/10
kind of hoping for a season 3
"Listen up… You can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me… You can even spit on me. I’ll just laugh that stuff off. But… Good reason or not… Nobody hurts a friend of mine!!!"-Shanks
♠♦♣♥~My Anime List!~♥♣♦♠
Nov 5, 2013 1:27 AM

Oct 2013
OMG what a cliffhanger ending.. they should make season 3.. no they MUST make another season, it can't be ended like that, this episode felt so long, but so good. It is definitely getting another season, well i hope, i hope kodaka would take Sena's route <3, she's adorable
ToshiroChanNov 5, 2013 1:39 AM
Nov 9, 2013 6:28 AM

Jan 2012
mediocre season was mediocre..

thank god for Maria... otherwise this would have been a huge snorefest..

Oh ya.... can't forget dem Sena's tits... mmm mmmmmm!

Rika is growing on me as well...

Don't really care about anything else...

7/10
Nov 21, 2013 3:10 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
ToshiroChan said:
OMG what a cliffhanger ending.. they should make season 3.. no they MUST make another season, it can't be ended like that, this episode felt so long, but so good. It is definitely getting another season, well i hope, i hope kodaka would take Sena's route <3, she's adorable

A 3rd season has already been green lighted. Give it about another 18 months or so. And yes, I agree that I'd like to see Kodaka take the Sena route. Would also like to see a Kobato spin-off, but that probably won't happen.
Dec 3, 2013 1:25 AM

Jun 2013
Rika fav. character. Nuff said.
She's the linchpin that's awaken them that they are really friends.
Kodaka is a linchpin for putting them together in the room.

10/10
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 13, 2013 12:40 AM
Feb 2009
FUCKK I hate endings like this :/ looks like gonna have to wait for the next season.
Dec 20, 2013 1:12 PM

Apr 2011
Well this season was definitely better than season 1.

I kinda hope there will be a third season though cuz things didn't really end.
Jan 2, 2014 6:39 PM

Sep 2013
Whew... That was something. I just watched Season 1 and 2 straight... I must say, the ending made me want to pull my hair out. I need moooooore.
Jan 3, 2014 3:16 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Nae_Gevurah said:
Despite his heartfelt exchange with Rika, Kodaka didn't exactly grow. He at least admitted he acts dense on purpose to escape things he can't deal with, but then it's just left at that, and I feel like that didn't even get resolved all the way.

I think you're wrong there Nae - he needed time to think about it, but he did make progress. It just ended a bit abruptly for him to show it, but it was quite easy to see.
Jan 3, 2014 4:41 PM

May 2012
Better than the first season imo. Surprisingly, there was actually some real character development this time around and I was glad to find out Kodaka wasn't just another oblivious harem protagonist. On the down side, Yozora who had been my favorite in S1, didn't get much attention and when she did, she was a lot meeker than she had been originally. Also, Rika attacking him with those steel balls was really weird.

Assuming it'll get a third season or an OVA to give us a more conclusive ending, 8/10 for me but if not then 7/10.
Jan 10, 2014 9:41 AM

Jul 2012
You know a finale is disappointing when the best part of it is the ED...

Also, I guess I'm the only one who really hates Rika. It's hard to enjoy watching a show when you start repeatedly saying "die" whenever a certain character appears.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Jan 13, 2014 2:27 PM
Oct 2013
I really liked this series, but i am so sick and tired of the main characters in harem-ish animes never deciding on which of the female leads they want! If the writers wrote it in a way were the protagonist actually chooses a girl, the anime would have been so much better. I am not expecting "After Story" ending, but something original would have been nice. I almost certain this anime will end with a all happy ending, and the protagonist chooses no one.

It's not actually original making the main person actually choosing a girl in the end, but common give me some satisfaction instead of to seasons of teasing. It's been done before...like a lot. So yeah, just wanted to write a rant about my thoughts. Loved the series though, but still
Jan 18, 2014 10:30 AM

May 2008
What an ending... I enjoyed the comedy from the first season more then this drama filled one. The ending was a joke! Instead of wrapping up the whole thing, they stretched it out as a cliffhanger for season 3! They could easily ended this show if there wasn't this stupid calculated phonecall plotdevice lol! I think season 3 will be filled with more drama then comedy....and it will be stretched out again for season 4 and so on until season XY XD
Jan 22, 2014 8:11 PM

Jan 2012
Series was good, not quite as good as S1, but I'll take it.

Only thing I have to say is I really hope that's not the last season, because if it is, that'd be a piss-poor way to end it.
Lemme smang it girl.
Jan 30, 2014 1:06 AM

Dec 2012
Oh boy, was worried Kodaka was going to jump from one harem to the next. The scene on the roof was pretty powerful and Kodaka looks like he's finally going to be honest with himself. I wonder what he planned to say to Sena. Also looks like Yozora feels like she's been replaced since she feels she no longer has something unique with Kodaka like childhood friends or a strong bond like Rika and Kodaka at the end.

Overall this turned out to be more fun from the Neighbors' Club. I personally enjoyed this season more than the last. I like how it started to take jabs at the standard harem elements especially with Kodaka playing clueless and now maybe that last scene where he said "If I could make everyone happy by just being nice" sheds some light on the thought process behind why harem leads are so beta.

I also think Haganai is the first harem where I've felt all of the girls have had strong, distinct personalities that make it impossible for me to choose a favorite or to leave out one or two. Hopefully that highly demanded sequel comes around, will look out for it. 8/10
Feb 24, 2014 1:28 AM

Nov 2013
That rooftop confrontation with Rika and Kodaka yelling at each other while she beat him up was really epic and powerful. I'm a little annoyed that they didn't resolve much beyond acknowledging that they're friends, but the series could sure use another episode to tie up loose ends instead of using the last 2 min to set up a cliffhanger.
Feb 25, 2014 2:46 AM

Mar 2013
This anime has been surprisingly strong and deep, with very likable and relatable characters. Kodaka is genuinely a nice guy that desperately wants to hold onto his first real friendships, and has to balance that by not hurting any of the girls feelings. Considering his young age and his inexperience with friendship/relationships its COMPLETELY understandable why he would be uncertain and yes, even afraid.

Kodaka is one of the best male MC in a "harem", since he just wants to have friendship and relative normalcy and peace. He consistently tries to avoid hurting the others feelings or embarrassing them (i.e when constantly being exposed to their various levels of undress), putting his own sexual needs on the backburner.

Will up my rating for this season to 10/10, desperately waiting for season 3.
Feb 26, 2014 8:06 PM
Nov 2013
I'll be disappointed if this anime doesn't get a third season.
Mar 2, 2014 7:08 PM

Mar 2014
The ending was a real cliffhanger. I'm really curious to see what happens with Yozora.
Mar 6, 2014 7:47 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty sad first half... but the series ended nicely.

Rika = best

I enjoyed this season more than the first.
Mar 20, 2014 4:02 PM
Jan 2014
What a let down...... Not sure how I feel about that season as a whole.
Mar 21, 2014 1:51 PM

Mar 2014
This second season addressed some the grievances I had with the series (though not in a very graceful way). for example the "i didn't hear what you said" gag was getting old so they explained it away as Kadoka feigning ignorance; however it would have been more convincing if they hinted at prior to that point.

This season unfortunately ended in a way that i despise. It dramatically took a baby step and claimed that it made significant progress.

let me explain: Kadoka finally decided not to runaway from his harem and acknowledge the girls feelings, something we don't even get to see. On top of that we did not even know he was a coward until episode 10 of this season; before that everyone thought he was just oblivious. Besides that Kadoka and Rika decide to admit that all the people in the club are actually friends, something that probably should have happened at the season 1 finale. Finally they casually mention that Yozora ran away after witnessing Kadoka vs Rika resolution.

While I'm ranting I might as well mention that the 'meaningful' scenes in this show had very little follow-through. It would have a serious moment and then act like nothing happened between the characters. I will say that this wasn't always the case, but it happened enough to bug me.

Puting that aside: Rika quickly became my favorite character in this season
But that's just one opinion.
Mar 31, 2014 3:35 PM

Jul 2011
Not my favorite ending, but definitely interesting and powerful.
Something that I absolutely hate (which can be seen as stupid and obvious to a lot of people) is when an anime ends. A lot of anime in this genre usually have 1 season with about 11-13 episodes or if their lucky, a second season. Whenever an anime ends, you're forced to come back into the harsh reality of this boring world and all of the incredible moments and characters just disappears as if it was just a dream over time. Not just this anime in particular, but I wish there was something of this genre or anything that would last for as long as One Piece or something. Yeah I know that sounds completely stupid and I know all the reasons why that would never happen, but I just hate how the only thing you can do after an anime ends is wait for a new season, rewatch the series and have it end once again or move onto a different anime just to have it end again.

There were a lot of episodes that just had fun moments and the development of the characters wasn't as fast as some of the other anime, but I'm completely fine with that. I don't mind episodes where they just spend time together and have fun, and I think that's what this anime was. It was definitely interesting to towards the last couple of episodes to see the progress with Sena and who Kodaka really is.
I want to say things a lot different, but I'm typing this with 2 hours of sleep and I know there are going to be a lot of grammatical errors and bad wording, but whatever. Definitely didn't say the things I wanted to in the best way, but this anime was enjoyable to watch and really hope that a 3rd season comes. Such a bittersweet moment always when it ends... :'(

Sorry if I came off as anything negative, like I said, I'm falling asleep as I'm typing this and just sad because even though there were so many moments I enjoyed, they will all disapear and rewatching will allow me to relive the moments, but nothing more.
8.5/10
Apr 4, 2014 5:30 AM
Dec 2013
Well this ending is okay for me .. Love the Drama :D

I'm Rooting for sena \o/

9/10
JharapsodyApr 4, 2014 5:49 AM

Apr 6, 2014 12:16 PM
Apr 2014
is there will be a third season ? anime like this with awkward ending make me both sad and angry . its make me wandering wats gonna happen next , but the fact . it seems there wont be a third season :(
Apr 9, 2014 7:21 AM
Oct 2012
OneOpinion said:
This second season addressed some the grievances I had with the series (though not in a very graceful way). for example the "i didn't hear what you said" gag was getting old so they explained it away as Kadoka feigning ignorance; however it would have been more convincing if they hinted at prior to that point.

They did, several times in fact, most prominently in the shopping episode during the train ride when Rika says "does he do this on purpose, or is he just naturally dense". There was also the time after Kobata's movie, where again Rika makes the comment about Kodaka "running away when people get close". It's been a couple of years since I watched the the first season, but I am pretty sure there was a hint or two then as well.

The reason for all these hints is that this has been the main theme of the show. That Kodaka doesn't notice things was symbolized by his rolled up pant legs on his school uniform. And that it was Yusa who pointed this out to him was telling, none of the club members thought to comment on it either. This is because they all have the same issues with closeness (save Rika to an extent). This is the true reason why none of them have any friends: none of them can take that next step to show that they care for someone else (again, save Rika to an extent).
Apr 12, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2012
At start it looked like something interesting but later it turned into very casual harem and I couldn't stop yawning.

6/10 for first season
and 5/10 for second season

500 in ranking I wonder what ppl see in this very casual harem
Apr 15, 2014 3:52 PM

Aug 2009
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
whats his answer????????

MOAR!!! I DEMAND EXPLANATIONS

Was quite a scene with Rika. (Is it me or does Rika had exponentially increasing importance since somewhere in 2nd season?) I can live with that as an ending.

Yukimura MOE
Council president moe
Aoi Yusa moe

whoooooooooooooooop

edit: Yozora turned her head around at the end of the ED, who is there?@_@
May 6, 2014 11:34 PM

Mar 2013
ChronosXIII said:
Yozora leaving because she felt she lost all reasoning for her to remain in the club any longer because of Sena and Rika assimilating the roles she hoped to be.

Takuan_Soho said:
Also don't forget that Yozora was watching this (she was the one who closed the door), and as such to her Rika was replacing her as the friend Kodaka could count on to help him when he was down. That was why she left crying. That was the ONLY thing she thought she could do for Kodaka, be the friend who was always there when he needed her. But for the second time in their relationship she failed (the first being when fear prevented her from showing up when they were children).

The connection between Rika and Yozora is that they are friends (notice that Yozora has never really abused Rika and the first episode "stacked hair" they had obviously coordinated on having fun with Sena). Rika at least thinks that way, but Yozora, even worse than Kodaka, really can't understand this because, even worse than Kodaka, Yozora cannot believe anyone would want to be her friend. Kodaka was "grandfathered" in, which is why Yozora is so attached to him, and so crushed to think that she has been replaced.

The clues to this are obvious: Yozora always saying that anyone who would want to get close to her will either betray or abandon her, the cat memory scene, that she can't take a complaint about being thought cute (which so totally embarrasses her that she switches to a sexless track suit), her being utterly shocked in the galge that a character would actually like her, but then being strangely comforted that she ended up alone.

I concur with all of that
May 7, 2014 12:01 AM

Mar 2013
Abaharaki said:
Yozora being unable to cope with her feelings after Sena's confession is expected since she created the Neighboors Club with the sole purpose to be reunited with Kodaka. "Oh, but she is so selfish" some may say, but that is because she is in love with the guy! Of course she don't want to lose him and she recognizes Sena as her rival (she says that in one of the episodes, wishing that Sena did not exist). The final rooftop scene was to much for her, 'cause Rika "took" the place of Kodaka's first friend in the school. In a way, she feels like loosing her space in the life of the boy she likes.

Yeah, I also don't get why people hate Yozora so much. She's obviously in love with kodaka. She just doesn't know how to act or convey her feelings to him let alone is unable to make any friends.
May 7, 2014 12:22 AM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Not saying that Yozora is better than Sena on this aspect. But outside of Yozora's issues with Kodaka, she has proven to be friendly with Rika, and has talked with Yukimura and Maria. We just don't see those parts, they are only alluded to, though people are grateful to her for her doing it. Outside of buying Maria a ticket, Sena has never once did anything for the group.

Again, the point isn't that Yozora is better than Sena, but rather when the Sena-fantatics attack Yozora they always use things that apply equally or even more to Sena. That tunnel vision is what most people are making fun of.
Yeah, I also hate it when people hate Yozora just for her attitude and not going into the deeper details like reason, personality and stuff.
May 7, 2014 12:37 AM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
I am going to engage in a little over-analysis. You know, my favorite thing to do.

In this episode Rika breaks the glass over Yozora at the exact second her and Kodaka talk about Yozora. She is several floors below, but they are screaming so chances are she can hear them. As the glass breaks Rika yells: "Yozora senpai lost all her nerve thanks to that."

Kodaka responds: "What am I supposed to do. Her memories from 10 years ago meant everything to her. They are what kept her going."

Think about that for a second. That isn't true. Yozora had moved forward, after all she asked Kodaka out on a date; she also admitted to him (after she fled from Sena) that now is just as important for her. So, despite that, despite her putting herself out for him, taking a risk in asking him out (not to mention all the muttered asides that Kodaka has purposely ignored), despite forming a club for him to make friends, she know finds out what Kodaka really thinks of her: she is pathetic, stuck 10 years in the past. Why did she flee, what else could she do?

And on top of that, the ironic thing is that until Rika forced Kodaka to be honest with himself, he was actually the one really trapped 10 years in the past. He was the one that was truly pathetic (at least Yozora tried to ask him out (3 times at least I count)), Kodaka never has once. The whole point of Sora turning into Rika was symbolic that finally he was going to move past being stuck in the past, to find new friends and maybe even love. But in doing so he is rejecting his past, rejecting his shared experience with Yozora, which is really rejecting Yozora again. Not only does he think she is pathetic, but now he has taken the one memory she did had that she felt proud of.

The cruelest cuts are often the slight ones, the ones where the offender doesn't realize the harm they have done. That is Kodaka in a nutshell, and of all the people he has hurt, Rika, Sena, etc, no one has been cut more than Yozora.

I really liked how you view things. your comment is actually true. It was Kodaka who was trapped in the past. Remember that dream episode? Yozora just cherishs that moments because Kodaka was her only friend she had in her past and believes that no matter what happens, he would always remain besides her in their life. And yes, she was the one who was hurt more than anyone else.
FinalFlash18May 7, 2014 12:41 AM
May 7, 2014 4:03 AM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

I think the key to understanding this series is that it is acting out like a Eroge for Kodaka and a Galge for Yozora. Kodaka is like a bad Eroge player, he raises flags and misses them (which is reality, there are no safe points in reality, as Sena pointed out), and he is in danger of losing the girls, both as partners and friends, until Rika changed the dynamic.

With Yozora she is living her life exactly as she played the Galge. She has ignored all other male characters (Yozora is smart and attractive, even with a bad personality plenty of boys would have put up with that as Sena's fans show), she has focused on the one character she likes (this of course was obviously Kodaka), at the end of the game she confirmed this, and while though Kodaka missed it Rika obviously understood it. The reason why Yozora can't win is that male character has issues (in the game class distinction, in the series Kodaka's intimacy issues), and just like in the game, Yozora could have won by interacting with the one female who could help her (Rika), but just like in the game, Yozora is intent on doing this on her own.

But just in case we didn't get this foreshadowing, how exactly did this game end? The game Yozora is walking alone down a path near a river into the sunset.

How did this final episode end: Yozora walking alone down a path near a river into the sunset.

Interesting. I've never paid attention to that.

Takuan_Soho said:
This clarifies the roof-top conversation. People think Rika was agreeing with Kodaka's conclusion that she is trapped in the past, but Rika knows better, she knows Yozora likes Kodaka and has moved on. That is why she said "if she is then she should be still at her mother's breast..." line. She was telling Kodaka to stop treating Yozora like a child. Kodaka misses this point, saying how complicated the human heart is. But that isn't the case, Yozora on this isn't complicated. What is complicated is that Kodaka likes Yozora, but he thinks she only wants to be friends and he is afraid of both her not loving him AND her stopping being his friend if he did something. This interpretation is strengthened by Yozora's issues (dressing like a boy, being paranoid about being thought to be cute or by anything erotic). This would make him think she is totally NOT interested. This is also why his "falling in love with Hinata" line infuriated Rika: Hinata's personality is Yozora's personality. What is "so much worse" to Rika is that Kodaka still doesn't get it.

I just hope that is the case...
May 7, 2014 4:21 AM
Jul 2012
FinalFlash18 said:
I just hope that is the case...

Well it's not.

Rika means that Yozora is behaving like a baby who always wants to suck on her mothers breast and immediately starts to cry and gets aggressive if she don't get want she wants.

Yozora is monopolizing Kodaka the whole time, she is jealous about any girl who tries to get closer to him. She relies on her old relationship and that makes her believe that she has the only right to be Kodaka's friend.

And Kodaka is only interested in maintaining peace and happiness, so he is always dishonest and let Yozora continue to believe in her wishes about their old relationship while Kodaka himself is only interested to spend time with Sena, the girl he felt in love with from the first time he saw her.
May 8, 2014 5:13 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
What an awful ending! No solid conclusion. I an most upset about Yozora. Where did she go?! I get the feeling there will be a new season, and there better be one!
May 9, 2014 8:54 PM
Oct 2012
mironicus said:
Rika means that Yozora is behaving like a baby who always wants to suck on her mothers breast and immediately starts to cry and gets aggressive if she don't get want she wants.

Not backed up by anything in the animation. Rika actually likes Yozora, as shown how touched she was when Kodaka told her who canceled the movie and why. Also, Rika was replying to what Kodaka said, but she used the subjunctive mood: i.e. if "that is the case" rather than "that is the case". You are really missing out on this novel if you think that Kodaka really understands why anyone is doing anything in this series.

mironicus said:
Yozora is monopolizing Kodaka the whole time, she is jealous about any girl who tries to get closer to him. She relies on her old relationship and that makes her believe that she has the only right to be Kodaka's friend.

Again not true. Jealousy is not what is motivating Yozora (or at least not that type of jealousy).

mironicus said:
And Kodaka is only interested in maintaining peace and happiness, so he is always dishonest and let Yozora continue to believe in her wishes about their old relationship while Kodaka himself is only interested to spend time with Sena, the girl he felt in love with from the first time he saw her.

That is what Kodaka SAYS is the case, but again Kodaka is not a reliable narrator. Immediately after confessing to Sena, he confesses to Rika that he actually feels the same way towards Yukimura.

Everything I wrote above was written before I read the 9th novel, but the novel pretty much confirmed most of what I wrote. I won't reference that here, but here is a hint from the animation (and this is what set me onto the author's intent).

If Yozora is so "in love" with Kodaka then why, when he called her outfit on the train sexy, did she immediately switch to a unisex outfit, and then when she finally got a chance to go out on a "date", did she wear the same outfit, take him to a "cat cafe", and basically do everything to make it as asexual a date as possible?

The smartest, sneakiest thing the writer did was the Homoge. People think that after that, Yozora wanted to sleep with Kodaka. But that completely misses the point. They had just watched a homege, the two characters who kissed were guys. Yozora completely missed the point about homosexual love, she thought that kissing was the way "normal" guys expressed MALE camaraderie.

I have a thought about where the writer is going to go, I will spoil it because I don't even want to put the idea into peoples heads.
May 12, 2014 5:05 AM

Dec 2012
I despise these non-endings
Jun 19, 2014 10:27 PM

Aug 2012
At first, when I saw the ending, I was all like, "alright, on to episode 13" thinking that they weren't gonna end it there.

Then... then there was no next episode button...

I don't know if people are gonna hate me for this, but this finale was disappointing. Interesting moments, some good LOL moments, but what'll happen to the Neighbor's Club?

Overall... 6/10
Jun 23, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2013
Ehhh, that open ending. Rika was great in the last episodes, my favourite character. I also liked Sena. Kobato and Maria were funny as hell, I don't care too much for others.
S2 was much better than S1. I didn't expect Yozora to leave. Very enjoyable series, hopefully we will get to see s3
8,5/10
AizixJun 23, 2014 4:14 PM
Jun 23, 2014 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
Apparently the first season covered the first 3 volumes and the beginning of the 4th one. The second season covered the rest of the 4th volumes all the way to volume 8. As of current, there are 10 volumes, and if they make a 3rd season, it most likely won't happen until at least the 12th volume is released, which may be either at the end of this year or early 2015. So if anything, don't expect another season until at least mid 2015.
Jun 23, 2014 8:56 PM

Aug 2013
9/10 I loved the ending the rooftop scene was very powerful loved the voice acting.

It wasn't an open ending. He realised that he already has friends, and that's what the series is about. Not about who ends up with who.

Humour was better than S1, as was character development. It's more like a 8.75/10

Very good. I don't see how a S3 would go though. It would have to be about furthering the romantic relationships aspect of the show, which would make this a rom-com. The objective was full-filled already: finding friends.
Jul 8, 2014 4:59 PM
Nov 2013
I just finished watching both seasons and I know I am in the minority but I really enjoyed season 1 more than season 2. I really can't put my finger on it exactly, but I think it is because it is just more light hearted than season 2.

Season 1 I gave 8/10, same for the OVA 8/10 and I gave Next, a 6/10. The way I would like to see season 3 wrap up is with them being able to remain friends even after Kodaka makes a choice as to which one to pursue a romantic relationship with. I personally am hoping it is Rika, but that is because I have a soft spot for nerdy, pervy women.
Jul 11, 2014 3:55 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah a little unsatisfied with the ending, but it's pretty much about the comedy anyway with this kind of series, the times they had together rather than how they end up. Since I was only expecting average comedy and that's it, I am glad to say I enjoyed this more than that, and I'd like to see another OVA or even a season if it were possible.
Well Yozora ends up on my hated characters list, but with some more thought, maybe that was a wrong decision and I'll remove her.

Jul 20, 2014 7:24 PM

Feb 2014
Ok... Considering the time they passed together and all the things they've made together, to be friend of someone you have to say or ask it? "Now we're friends" or "Let's be friends..?" (considering what i said above).

It's liking: "Wanna date with me..?" or "Wanna marry me?". For me, we don't have to ask or say to be friend of someone or that you're friend of someone that now you really have a friend... i think the own acts of a person, the time this person pass by the side and etc of the other person (and vice-versa) speak for themselves that they're friends or not.

I think that what they've have passed by together, and the things they did together is more important than saying or asking "Now we're friends" or "Let's be friends..?" I mean that the whole time, what they're doing is what friends do.

I think i don't wanna believe that the time they've been alone (and because of that they still didn't believe that someday they would have friends) is the answer for what I've said above: "Now we're friends" or "Let's be friends..?", even they doing many things that friends do... is it really..?

I like all characters, but I love Rika... not only because of season 2, I started to love her since season 1, season 2 just "made my day" with more of her scenes/acts throughout it.

Season 1 I gave: 7-8/10 and Season 2 i thinking in give 9/10
TechOtakuDec 15, 2014 6:58 AM
Jul 21, 2014 1:00 AM

Jun 2014
This was a great anime. But I didn't like the ending.

8/10.
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

171 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.