Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2013 10:35 PM

Jul 2010
Man, I'm going to miss Samon's crazy faces and reactions.
Mar 28, 2013 10:44 PM

Jul 2010
Seriously, moment when Aika trolled Yoshino and Mahiro with showing her naked body was priceless xD.Simply because of Aika this series IMO deserves 9/10 + all the awesome moments and interesting characters.So yeah, 9/10 is an great score for this awesome title.Of course it had some worse moments here and there (especially in second half) but it doesnt really matter, since it was so good in overall~
I might read manga soon as well, because i want and i can.

''Farewell! God knows when we shall meet again''
incompleteAEGISMar 28, 2013 10:48 PM
Mar 28, 2013 10:55 PM

Jul 2008
Didn't expect much when I started watching this and it ended up being one of my favorite animes ever. Sad my Thursdays will not be filled with Zetsuen no Tempest!
Mar 28, 2013 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
Soild ending7.5/10

I may of had some personal grips with the show mainly with the first half but it didn't stop me from liking it and i could see why some people might have loved it just wasn't the show i was expecting.
Mar 28, 2013 11:06 PM

Aug 2012
Good ending to an awesome show. And Aika toying with them till the very end and the expression on Mahiro's and Yoshino's faces were epic. LOL!
Did anyone else notice? There was no Aika in the ending song T_T
Mar 28, 2013 11:07 PM

Feb 2012
The ending was nicely wrapped. I guess I only liked the beginning (i found it bad-ass) and end (being wrapped nicely) of the anime. There were just too many flashbacks and talking in between.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 28, 2013 11:14 PM

Sep 2012
flamingo-chan said:
KevinRammstein said:
Now I am kind of intersted, can somebody tell me (and other people) how the Manga ended?
Considering that this is the END of the Anime, I don't think that could be considered "spoilers" anymore!
In the last chapter of the manga (taken from the manga thread because I'm lazy):
- Mahiro and Yoshino passed their university entrance exams.
- Hakaze gets a driving license. After Yoshino and Mahiro know they are accepted in college Hakaze appears to give them a ride.
- Tetsuma, Junichirou and Natsumura think that Yamamoto and Samon are in a relationship
- Aliens send a message congratulating the humans on passing the "test"
- We see a scene of Yu-chan and Hanemura on a train
- Mahiro introduces his girlfriend called Mimori to Yoshino and Hakaze who are really surprised. Mahiro jokes saying that he was afraid to introduce her to Yoshino in case he steals her but Mimori looks at Yoshino and says she's not interested in him.
- Yoshino tells Hakaze to look for other guys who will probably be better than him.
- Hakaze still doesn't give up on Yoshino even if he doesn't show signs on reciprocating her feelings.
- Manga ends with Hanemura arriving and Mahiro introducing his gf to Hanemura and viceversa. The group walks while we read the phrase "The beginning is ending, the ending is beginning"
To be continued in the spin-off?
Now I have read the last 2 chapters of the manga and besides what was said above, I have the following points I want to mention, as the manga has quite a bit of difference from the anime:

- Mahiro did not beat Yoshino at the grave visit. It took place right at the moment the Tree of Genesis disappears. (remember that Mahiro and Yoshino both stayed behind in Tokyo). At the grave visit Hakaze was actually there too, and besides Mahiro saying Aika was wrong in just following the script, there is also a part where Yoshino explains why he stays with Aika even though she is such a tricky girl to be with (anime cuts that part).

- No scene about Hakaze moving out of village. Instead we have Hakaze driving for Yoshino and Mahiro. I prefer the anime as it gives more a feeling that Hakaze and Yoshino were separated for some time (with Yoshino taking exam and all that) and it shows how keen Hakaze wants to be with Yoshino. But I like how Yoshino told Hakaze about what's in Aika's video when he and Mahiro ride in her car (it also says Mahiro erased the video after watching it).

- A lot more scenes of Yu-chan with Hanemura. Here the manga is better as it sheds some light about their relationship, even though much of the train scene is about Hanemura contemplating the current situation around the world. In the anime we only get to see the back of Yu-chan from afar.

- In the manga we know Samon is now the guardian of Mahiro and Yoshino.

- No mention about Tetsuma becoming Hayakawa's driver in the manga. There is no indication that Junichiro may be interested in Evangeline. In the manga Tetsuma, Natsumura and Junichiro are joking about Evangeline and Samon becoming a couple. Of course these are all different in the anime.

- A good introduction of Mahiro's girlfriend near the end. We don't get to see any of her in the anime (and Mahiro has not even met her). I love her long twin-tail look and how Mahiro gets funny when she is around.

- The message from the alien is more like a joke (no alien seen in the manga). It talks about their "company" and "system maintenance issue" that allowed bugs to come up which "caused inconvenienced to you people" and how because of various reasons "other events that we have prepared have to be cancelled" etc as if it is all something like a video game. I think the anime makes the right decision to cut it out.

- The video of Aika has a bit more scenes of Aika showing a bit of her magic and her playing with a hippo doll. The contents are mostly the same though. On the other hand, the trolling part has her lifting her blouse instead of her skirt.

- My interpretation is that Yoshino is unsure about the love from Hakaze. He thinks he is not worth her love (he asked her that there should be many men better than him) or perhaps her love will not last (came in a short burst of passion during the tense moment facing the tree) but Hakaze confirms he is the only man who can "handle her". I don't see her proposing a date though, so I don't see any scene of Yoshino rejecting her date proposal (because there isn't one). My feeling is Yoshino and Hakaze will still pair up, but anime makes it much clearer. I also love how Mahiro encourages Yoshino to go for Hakaze in the anime.
symbvMar 29, 2013 12:11 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 28, 2013 11:30 PM
Sep 2012
^ It's too bad that they changed things and cut things out. I would have loved to see these animated. The one thing I really want to see is Mahiro's GF. I really do wonder what kind of girl she is and what she looks like.
Mar 28, 2013 11:33 PM
Oct 2011
symbv said:

- My interpretation is that Yoshino is unsure about the love from Hakaze. He thinks he is not worth her love (he asked her that there should be many men better than him) or perhaps her love will not last (came in a short burst of passion during the tense moment facing the tree) but Hakaze confirms he is the only man who can "handle her". I don't see her proposing a date though, so I don't see any scene of Yoshino rejecting her date proposal (because there isn't one). My feeling is Yoshino and Hakaze will still pair up, but anime makes it much clearer. I also love how Mahiro encourages Yoshino to go for Hakaze in the anime.

Um I believe that right after Mahiro introduces Mimori Hakaze asks Yoshino for them two to seriously "date" as in go out right? And he replies what you mentioned and said her feelings are just a momentary thing and that'll fade. Please correct me on this, I pretty much got scrappy translations from the last chapter. I don't honestly really care whether Yoshino or Hakaze pair up now, due to how clear Yoshino's feelings and how his personality is, because it becomes obvious in the manga. It's just that the ending of the anime came out of nowhere for me. But from what it seems like, the anime pushes that pairing, ie giving them more anime added scenes. And can you also please confirm that in the last chapter Mahiro and Yoshino were in university right? Meaning that probably a year has passed since the defeat of the trees.
Mar 28, 2013 11:36 PM
Sep 2009
lolpathetic. why did they make 24 eps, all the script can be animated in 3 or 4 episodes.
Mar 28, 2013 11:37 PM

Sep 2012
Fallen_Lullaby said:
Um I believe that right after Mahiro introduces Mimori Hakaze asks Yoshino for them two to seriously "date" as in go out right?
No, the Japanese "Tsukiau" here means "becoming a real couple", not just a single act of date. Hakaze is asking Yoshino to define their relationship as a couple instead of the current ambiguous state, and here Yoshino prevaricated as he is unsure of himself and also unsure of how much Hakaze means it now that the tree has fallen and everyone is now calming down.

And can you also please confirm that in the last chapter Mahiro and Yoshino were in university right?
Not really, everything in the end seems to take place within a relatively short time after Yoshino and Mahiro know they pass the college entrance exam. If there is any time passed, it is between the fall of the tree and their knowing the exam result (which is 9 months according to the conversation between Hanemura and Yu-chan on the train). And the two are not yet in university at the end of the manga.
symbvMar 29, 2013 12:00 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 28, 2013 11:43 PM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
Fallen_Lullaby said:
Um I believe that right after Mahiro introduces Mimori Hakaze asks Yoshino for them two to seriously "date" as in go out right?
No, the Japanese "Tsukiau" here means "becoming a real couple", not just a single act of date. Hakaze is asking Yoshino to define their relationship as a couple instead of the current ambiguous state, and here Yoshino prevaricated as he is unsure of himself and also unsure of how much Hakaze means it.

Oh I understand. But the way I pharaphrased it is actually the same meaning. I was confused when you said there was no proposing of date. So when she asked to date Yoshino I meant it as her asking him to be her boyfriend. Basically saying "I'm dating him" has the same meaning "We're together" or "He's my boyfriend". We're both right. Thank you anyways.
Mar 28, 2013 11:46 PM

Sep 2012
Fallen_Lullaby said:
Oh I understand. But the way I pharaphrased it is actually the same meaning. I was confused when you said there was no proposing of date. Basically saying "I'm dating him" has the same meaning "We're together" or "He's my boyfriend". We're both right. Thank you anyways.
True, but someone said that Yoshino rejected Hakaze's proposing a date, which is quite different from saying Yoshino hesitates about going for a dating relationship with Hakaze. That's my point. But anyway, I believe the two will pair up too in the manga. It is just that the anime makes it clearer - and it is no less credible to me because it adds the part like Mahiro encouraging Yoshino to do so and how Yoshino seems to get his closure about Aika's departure.

Mar 28, 2013 11:47 PM
Sep 2012
This show really needs an OVA. There's just too many good moments that need to be animated. I wonder if Mahiro's girlfriends is just like Aika in her personality.
Mar 28, 2013 11:57 PM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
Fallen_Lullaby said:
Oh I understand. But the way I pharaphrased it is actually the same meaning. I was confused when you said there was no proposing of date. Basically saying "I'm dating him" has the same meaning "We're together" or "He's my boyfriend". We're both right. Thank you anyways.
True, but someone said that Yoshino rejected Hakaze's proposing a date, which is quite different from saying Yoshino hesitates about going for a dating relationship with Hakaze. That's my point. But anyway, I believe the two will pair up too in the manga. It is just that the anime makes it clearer - and it is no less credible to me because it adds the part like Mahiro encouraging Yoshino to do so and how Yoshino seems to get his closure about Aika's departure.
Probably me, I'm sure I mentioned that Hakaze questioned Yoshino to date each other. Anyways, I mainly got most of the last chaps translations through comments in a Chinese boards back when the last chapter was out, but the raws hasn't been uploaded yet. And due to my crappy translator I got the gist from the comments thought he turned her down.
Mar 29, 2013 12:02 AM

Sep 2012
^ I think he did not give her a clear answer there, and the manga ends soon after that conversation. I guess it is open to interpretation how the two will end up, although personally I prefer to see it in an optimistic light.

Mar 29, 2013 12:07 AM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
^ I think he did not give her a clear answer there, and the manga ends soon after that conversation. I guess it is open to interpretation how the two will end up, although personally I prefer to see it in an optimistic light.
That's true, the manga was vague about his answer in a way. I think it's more the fact fans of pairings have impact on the decisions. Like I know that alot of fans wondered how Yoshino and Aika started dating. As a bonus there was a drama CD that came with the last chapter's magazine issue about it.
Mar 29, 2013 12:29 AM

Apr 2012
Well, least they wrapped it up nicely.

The manga has a cute ending I suppose, shows the faces of Mahiro and Hanemura's girlfriend.

Fallen_Lullaby said:
Anyways, I mainly got most of the last chaps translations through comments in a Chinese boards back when the last chapter was out, but the raws hasn't been uploaded yet. And due to my crappy translator I got the gist from the comments thought he turned her down.

Actually, the raws have already been uploaded buddy ;)
celestialrubiesMar 29, 2013 12:38 AM
Mar 29, 2013 12:39 AM
Oct 2011
celestialrubies said:
Fallen_Lullaby said:
Anyways, I mainly got most of the last chaps translations through comments in a Chinese boards back when the last chapter was out, but the raws hasn't been uploaded yet. And due to my crappy translator I got the gist from the comments thought he turned her down.
Actually, the raws have already been uploaded buddy ;)

I know ^^, I meant back then when the last chapter came out, the raws weren't available on the net till 3-4 days after.
Mar 29, 2013 12:45 AM

Apr 2009
Overall I really enjoyed this series. The second arc hijinks would have dropped my score to 8 but since the few last episodes returned to the stuff I liked about the anime in the first place, a 9 it is.

The thing I'll miss the most is the interaction between Mahiro and Yoshino. They're the kind of friends that can give each other a hard time but come out of their conflict stronger. I guess it's similar to "rival to friend" scenarios, and I absolutely adored how the amount they trusted each other fluctuated in the first arc. Overall they were developed really well during the show imo.

The side characters had their issues for me. I can't say I ever became to like Hanemura; when he punched the duo and gave his speech I was thinking "so this scene is the reason he's in the show". He goes from whiney to sudden badass so fast I got whiplash. Speaking of, seeing Samon and Mahiro casually chatting after the first arc was a wth moment for me too. Yeah, Mahiro wasn't really for or against the guy, but the two just get so domestic right after ep 13 it threw me off. Well okay, the first part of the second arc was in every way my least favourite in the series, and I felt I was watching a slice of life anime for a few moments (I do watch and enjoy sol anime, but not when the genre invades a plot driven show).

So yeah, while the second half of the series fumbled some, I do think the other parts patch it up.
Mar 29, 2013 1:06 AM

Jul 2012
Excellent ending. It was close, but I think this edged out Psyco-Pass as my favorite 2012 anime.
Mar 29, 2013 2:02 AM

May 2012
Ending was ok.

Apart from that, I share the same opinion as stated in roriconfan's review.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Mar 29, 2013 2:32 AM

Dec 2011
Good ending to good series. 9/10
It was enjoyable to watch Zetsuen no Tempest, especially at the second part of the series (after a battle of Fuji).
Mar 29, 2013 2:42 AM

Feb 2012
Start of this series was one of the best in 2012, but ending....was just fu**ed...

Really, I mean, at the start, MAIN CHARACTERS at least did something, and in the end?
They, were just siting around... lol...
The show was just ruined, when part 2 started after short break.

7/10 from me.
Mar 29, 2013 3:06 AM

Dec 2012
dat golden sword! aika's sword looks like a little toothpick next to it.

all in all this episode was okay.
- i actually thought that the fight against the tree would take up the whole episode and when it didn't i was sure that something big would happen, but they just wanted to slowly end this show. not bad though, but not that impressive either. i wouldn't have mind a bittersweet or dramatic ending.
- the appearance of that golden sword was really weird. it was too much like "oh, we can't defeat the tree! let's let a huge sword appear all of a sudden!"
- i'm surprised that hanemura's girlfriend was just there to make it a happy ending for him. i was so sure that she would be part of a big plot twist (until the very last episode i thought it might be aika and she survived somehow or came back to life or something like that).
- i'm also surprised that aika's video message was so simple. sure, it was nice and cute, but i thought she plotted something form the beginning and we would hear/see something mind-fucking.
- on another note: poor little junichirou. he kind of had a thing for evangeline, huh?
- i'm glad that they didn't show the kiss between hakaze and yoshino. maybe because i always prefered aika and because i was never such a big fan of hakaze, or maybe because i think it would've felt/seemed rushed.

8/10 for the whole show. not everything was perfect, but it was really enjoyable and it had some nice plot twists. and i kind of fell in love with aika, yoshino and mahiro. and it was definitely one of the best anime this season (maybe because i started watching it without any expectations).
i'll definitely read the manga during the next weeks/months.
Mar 29, 2013 3:11 AM

Jan 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:
While I might have overhyped myself too much for a spectacle mind blowing ending, I wasn't left unfulfilled unlike some other series (cough... Psycho Pass... cough) They tied a lot of the loose ends; as a result the cast gets their happy endings. The characters had interesting story arcs that began and were concluded in a definite manner.

The gunshot just being on the arm and then him being completely fine felt like a bad red herring for forced drama and a cheap cliffhanger from last week.
I mean for 3 episodes we had basically a battle of deception through dialogue in the same location. I don't know any other show that has done that.

8 Dere Hakazes out of 10

seriously....

Hybridbloodszak said:

I mean for 3 episodes we had basically a battle of deception through dialogue in the same location. I don't know any other show that has done that.

haha that shit was intense on the brain and very memorable.

i was also way more shocked by the bullet last episode for it to be cool by the start of this one.

all in all, they did tie most of the loose ends and had a "happy" ending, attempting to be wholesome in a sense.
I honestly was sorta expecting the ending to go in a different direction, but I guess I shouldve expected it for the direction the series started going the last half. I thought it kinda toned down and just wasnt as good. still, i was sorta expecting something different for the ending.
mahiro really changed for the "better" by the end of the series. I honestly felt that they kinda built him to be someone else in the beginning.

anyways, ive seen worse endings atleast.
guess it was just kinda generic lol.
Mar 29, 2013 4:10 AM

May 2010
This show started out great ended up (imo) being shit in the end.

6/10
Mar 29, 2013 4:18 AM

Jul 2009
The major problem with Zetsuen to Tempest are the secondary characters ...Samon, Tetsuma, Junichiru? and the other with names I don't remember are just uh =.= empty shell, yeah they have some setting behind (yep Junichiro like big boobs) and that's all....well the anime was mainly about Yoshino, Aika, Hakaze and Mahiro, but they neglect all other characters, (,,aah they're like background but who care about that) Still I liked the art, good job Bones ^^
so 6/10
Mar 29, 2013 4:26 AM

Jan 2012
i`ll miss this :(

9/10
Mar 29, 2013 5:30 AM

Jun 2008
AiCon said:
^ It's too bad that they changed things and cut things out. I would have loved to see these animated. The one thing I really want to see is Mahiro's GF. I really do wonder what kind of girl she is and what she looks like.

She is in MAL. Mimori, Hayashi.
Imo, she does not resemble Aika at all. She has wavy twintails, and a lively, sparkling personality. The only thing in common with Aika is the fact they both like to tease Mahiro.
Anyway here´s a picture of Mimori.
OrulyonMar 29, 2013 5:36 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 29, 2013 5:37 AM

Jul 2011
Orulyon said:
AiCon said:

Imo, she does not resemble Aika at all. She has wavy twintails, and an lively sparkling personality. The only thing in common with Aika is the fact they look like to tease Mahiro.

She is beautiful but seems a bit childish for Mahiro, although they seemed really happy together from what we have seen.
Mar 29, 2013 6:05 AM

Jun 2008
ainky said:
Orulyon said:
AiCon said:

Imo, she does not resemble Aika at all. She has wavy twintails, and an lively, sparkling personality. The only thing in common with Aika is the fact they both like to tease Mahiro.

She is beautiful but seems a bit childish for Mahiro, although they seemed really happy together from what we have seen.

Indeed she seems a bit childish, but completely in love with him;D I think he must really like her too, judging by his reactions and since in the whole manga, she was probably the only girl he saved, so there must have been chemistry in their first meeting...^.^

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 29, 2013 6:17 AM

Feb 2012
The characters were the strong side of thw show,I really liked the main characters(yoshino was the best,then aika,then mahiro,and lastly hakaze).
I will give it a 7.5/10.
Mar 29, 2013 7:07 AM

Apr 2011
The ending was great I like it :)

8/10

Mar 29, 2013 8:25 AM

May 2010
OMG..Mahiro hit him and lol that stripping act by Aika...That crazy girl...Love her.Totally a fitting end..Loved it,9/10:D.Can't believe 6 months have passed so quickly.
Mar 29, 2013 8:39 AM
Oct 2011
Hydnlife said:
This show started out great ended up (imo) being shit in the end.

6/10

Exactly my thoughts, the first few episodes were worth 8/10 or even 9/10 but it gradually got worse.
Mar 29, 2013 9:04 AM
Dec 2012
The only thing I didn't like in the last episode is the Sword of Exodus just appeared out of no where...Is the manga different?
Mar 29, 2013 9:20 AM

Apr 2011
9/10..
Mar 29, 2013 9:28 AM

Apr 2012
The last episode was pretty underwhelming with little or nothing surprising happening, but I think that's par for the course with this series. What it did best was build up the relationships between the main cast, especially between Aika, Mahiro and Yoshino. The secondary cast wasn't so lucky with little or no development, but that's not too unusual.

Zetsune was always missing a key spark to keep it from being really great. Instead it's a solid show that was entertaining when it didn't get too far up it's own ass with it's exposition. There were a lot of times when the characters could have actually been doing something but instead stood around turning their dialogues into a huge circle jerk that could dip into the pretentious. The dialogue wasn't always bad and sometimes was quite clever. Still over all there was too much dialogue stretched out over too many episodes which really bogged down the pacing of the series. It's not even that the series is slow paced it's just that the plot was either not moving at all for long periods or it would start to fly forward giving the series a really uneven feeling that could be disconcerting at times.

Overall I'd give the last episode a 6 out of 10, but the series as a whole is probably closer to a 7 if I'm being generous.

Edit: You know, no reason to be generous. This series has too many problems. I'll definitely give it a 6 out of 10. It's above average but it's severe flaws really hamper it's enjoyability factor.
ItoukaijiMar 29, 2013 9:38 AM
Mar 29, 2013 10:32 AM
Dec 2008
Didn't like how the sword just appeared at the right time, in the end they took the easy ending. Still, ending was nicely done, just predictable.

Overall, I really loved this show and I had no expectations at all at first. Zetsuan no Tempest was on of the best show this season, but I'm happy to see it end. 8/10 for me. Could have ranked a 9/10 with a better ending.
Mar 29, 2013 10:37 AM

Sep 2008
Although this last episode wasn't as good as the rest of the show, it's still very solid 8 for me. I enjoyed it a lot and I'll for certain miss it.
The recap they had at the end had me smiling throughout the whole scene since it reminded me of all fun scenes, happy scenes, and intense scenes this show had.

However, for me the highlight of the entire show was "showdown" at the tree during the first arc, 3 episodes of nothing but talk and outsmarting the opposition with words. Brilliant.
Yoshino showing emotions after his discussion with Hakaze was also a great scene.

God, I'll miss this show so much. Yoshino quickly came into my favorites list even though he had little to no importance in 2nd part of the show. Fuwa Aika was great, beyond that, she wasn't even alive and she played huge role and was a character with almost biggest charisma in a show. Mahiro remained true to himself until the end. Others could've used some more polishing, but hey, it's not a perfect show, and it didn't have to be. It was a fun show, interesting show.

8/10, had its flaws, but I'd watch a show like this anytime.
Mar 29, 2013 12:04 PM

Oct 2009
Perfect ending, 9/10 for me.
Mar 29, 2013 12:37 PM
Feb 2013
I was expecting a kiss in the end. anyway i liked it 4/5
Mar 29, 2013 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
9/10
Mar 29, 2013 2:53 PM

Feb 2013
A great example of good, solid show with awesome visuals and animation. I loved Aika, especially how her personality was so amusing even to her death. Hakaze's reunion with Yoshino at the end was also really well done.

8/10.
Mar 29, 2013 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
Emvies said:
Start of this series was one of the best in 2012, but ending....was just fu**ed...

Really, I mean, at the start, MAIN CHARACTERS at least did something, and in the end?
They, were just siting around... lol...
The show was just ruined, when part 2 started after short break.

I totally agree with that.!
Mar 29, 2013 3:54 PM

May 2012
Good ending, all around. They left it up to the viewer to imagine what happens after it fades to black at the end; I don't mind that. I love how Aika trolled until the end. The guy's faces were priceless
Now I'm going to go read The Tempest, this anime inspired me to give it a shot
Mar 29, 2013 7:50 PM
Nov 2010
Love it so much. 9/10.

Now if we just get a clear explanation about the sword of exodus that just came out of nowhere...
Mar 29, 2013 9:54 PM

Oct 2012
AngelsArcanum said:
The series has been mediocre almost the entire time. The first 3 episodes showed promise, but it's unconventional direction in the first half with very minimal action, conflict and even change was really dull. The dramatic irony worked adequately early on, but then it just dragged on and became very absurd. It was nice that we saw bits of Yoshino and Mahiro's past early on to show the circumstances that work with their friendship, but again, as I said, the present events were still very minor. Once episode 9 kicks in, things totally derail; the pacing becomes a mess as the final conflict of the first half showed up without much sense of accomplishment or actual progression, and then it's about 3/4 episodes of Mahiro, Yoshino and Samon trying to outwit each other with empty hypotheses and blasphemous logic along with a time-travel element...great... Then by the time the second half comes in, all of the initially intimidating antagonists become stock protagonists, the tone becomes goofier, the pacing beats around the bush since they have almost nothing to do, there's even more ground-less speculation, there is almost no tension or suspense whatsoever and an extremely (excuse my strong distaste) dumb plot twist with the mage of Exodus' identity. Some of the socio-political elements were good for world building and the scheme with Hanamura and Hakaze vs Genesis was a well reasoned tactical approach to trying to invoke major change with a world of skeptics , but they don't encompass much of an episode, let alone 12. The actual ending for the show lacked a lot of impact, had bizarre planning in comparison to the simple Hanamura & Hakaze dynamic and felt sort of tacky and almost anti-climactic. Lastly there's the Shakespeare elements which are so excessive, pretentious and uninspired, that it makes the series look incapable of holding its own and trying to sound more insightful than it actually is. The one major redeeming factor was Hanamura; while initially he was comic relief who got picked on by everyone else, he was a refreshing change from the dull cast, and he gradually grows into a stronger and independent young man. The part where Hanamura beats the crap out of Yoshino and Mahiro was one of the most rewarding moments of the series, those 2 were angsty and drab leads with half-baked morals that could use a good reality check, and I was jumping for joy when Hanamura did it.

Anyways, this series has my mind all over the place, as it was a huge mess, and I feel as though coming off of wrapping up the series, my articulation and logic is scattered as well. Another thing that devastates me is that Kyo Shirodaira wrote this, his other works are leagues above Blast of Tempest, and I'm astonished at how weak the series was.
I felt the series would've been better at 12 episodes, provided there was more action, gradual accomplishment, smoother pacing, less cop-outs and coherent and factual knowledge.

Despite all this, it was still entertaining and coherent ENOUGH to get a passing 5/10 grade from me. I hope Shirodaira's next project makes up for this.

to each his own but just saying you are wrong and very vague lol.
Mar 29, 2013 9:55 PM

Oct 2012
BentoLegend said:
I for one enjoyed this series enough that I would definitely recommend it or watch it with a friend.

After being let down on 2 endings yesterday from two completely different animes, this one brought my hopes back up a bit.

what 2 anime endings let you down?o.O
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.