Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 30, 2018 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
Vhailor said:
Overall, this show was quite enjoyable and gets a 6/10 from me. It would have been 7/10 had the first six episodes been as good as the second half.

Well, that's awkward. I actually ended up liking the 1st half a lot more this time around. The lighthearted tone, next to no overly drama or tension, dialogues that are snappy and really casual, and especially the quirky humor, reminded me a lot of Wes Anderson's style of directing, especially in the movie "Fantastic Mr. Fox". This still doesn't feel anything more than a 6/10 though.
Sep 5, 2018 2:17 PM

Jan 2014
Very enjoyable anime, and no real points of critique, other than that it was nowhere near as good as K-On!, let alone Hyouka. Not in the plot department, nor the character or art departments. On the other hand, it was much better in the first two than Chuunibyou.

7/10
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 29, 2018 6:08 PM

Apr 2015
belkarama said:
Dayum...

... I know Japan doesn't have all that many, but still, could they use a less blatant stereotype?

Lmao, KyoAni should reuse those designs for a Men in Black anime.

Good series. A bit messy at places when it comes to story/character development, but a nice slice of life. Part of me hopes Dera doesn't leave at all.

Now to wait for Sentai to finally ship me Tamako Love Story...

7/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 29, 2018 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I'm glad this whole "bride" thing is over. Sadly, it was over in the last episode.

Unfortunately, this series wasn't what I was expecting at first, I think the whole "prince looking for a princess" was unnecessary and boring for the most part of the show. Not to mention that if they wanted to portray the idea of belonging to a place where all people help each other like a big family, it would have worked out quite well without a random prince appearing from nowhere to make the MC realizes about said belonging.

But well, it's also true that there were episodes that I truly enjoyed such as the ones regarding Anko's crush and the ep. focused on Tamako's parents. Those were my favorite ones without a doubt.

All in all, Tamako Market was a cute show with a few very endearing characters but not the best SoL for me. 6/10

P.S.: So in the end... the whole "mole" thing Choi was talking about in the last episode didn't have any explanation... I don't really know whether it was relevant at all or not... I mean, at least the smell she felt from Tamako was explained...
SouthRzVaDec 29, 2018 8:45 PM
Mar 16, 2019 3:48 PM
Apr 2016
Tamako kindly refused to marry the Prince, well, obviously. The anime was really lighthearted, adorable, cute, just cute daily life! It's nothing special, but it was certainly enjoyable. Had a great time.
Mar 21, 2019 8:29 PM

Feb 2012
Is Dera in the sequel movie I wonder.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 14, 2019 2:44 PM

Dec 2014
10/10 i got my slice of life fill

why can i say? cute stuff, got exactly what i wanted.

i like how affected mochizou and midori about the whole bride thing, glad for them that it was over, now onto the movie!!
May 11, 2019 1:28 AM
Sep 2018
Did this have a light novel with translation ? If so can anyone point me to the site
Sep 22, 2019 3:44 PM

Dec 2016
I enjoyed this show ^^ 7/10 It was cute :3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 5, 2020 10:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid finale to end what has been a really fun and adorable show! Couldn't help but binge it in a couple of days and a half even though I planned for a week initially.

Honestly, I was expecting a lot of tears this episode but it's good that things didn't go that deep I suppose, I wasn't too fond of the "Princess" idea in the first place after all. A part of me was hoping for a manly display from Mochizo so that's a missed opportunity in that regard, I reckon.

It's nice to see that she's finally found her place in all this though. Got to feel for her, the people were pretty much shoving her away in a sense but leave it to Dera to sort this out. An ear to lend on in these circumstances is as good a plan as it gets, if you ask me. How sweet of him to try and convince the Prince to drop the idea though, albeit he did technically go a little overboard in the end xD.

I wasn't expecting the Prince to come by himself in the district though, that was surprising first up. And with those bodyguards at that, too. But it's nice to see that he isn't too forceful on this matter, most importantly. Couldn't help but lol when he failed to recognize Dera though, he really has gone for a 180 degrees change from his older version shown before the Op.

I'm surprised Choi revealing the big lie there didn't stir up anything though, isn't that a little too unnatural? Definitely a little perplexed by that. Mochizo and Midori-chan's sigh of relief was really nice to see, however, so I'll take it. Tamako giving off that flowery-scent thanks to the flowers was an interesting twist but what about the mole?

Anyway, that was quite the touching finale too! I would be too sad if Dera were to leave unannounced like that but a hilarious turnout of events to save the day xD. A striking sense of deja vu, is it not? Choi seems to be rather furious so he'd better hurry though.

Overall, this has been a pretty fun watch from start to finish! A healing pill or something to that effect at the end of the day. Character interactions was the highlight of the show for me, especially loved the dynamic of the flamboyant Dera Mochimazzi and the laid-back Makino-chan to give off a certain flair I suppose.

Animation was gold and simply KyoAni-esque, so absolutely nothing to bite on that front. Really loved the extra glowing bit on the eyes in this finale of Tamako's during the more-intense moment of the episode, it really gave me the impression that we were at the climax of the issue there. And then there's the bit on the ED too which I mentioned on Episode 1 Discussion of course.

Sound Department was great too, on the other hand. Nothing really stood out in the Ost or the Op/ED but I'm certain it played a big role in giving off the chill and relaxing vibe so a mission accomplished to my records. No troubles with VA either, I hardly have an issue with that anyway. I wonder what the manly voice of the florist is supposed to indicate though lol (and that too One Daisuke!).

God, the names of the Mochimazzi family really gives me a feeling that the two families really do have some sort of history xD.

Going to give this a generous 8/10 and I'm looking forward to the Movie now! I wonder what Mocchi is in store for us next...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 31, 2020 1:43 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh-kay, thats the end, gentleman! My beloved girl dont want to leave her place beautiful, yeah, its obvious! Glad that mochizou knew his place and put some effort to the Tamako's birthday, and idk why im happy with that! But, still, the mystery on Choi and his prince still haunted my mind. I guess, this Choi had the same mole like she pointed when she leave. So atleast the prophecy must come to her not to Tamako's. But she still refused to talk because of the culture, and want Tamako as a thank you, maybe? Well, enough with the storyline. Its still a fun-ride show full of so much fuckin cute girls, and just be done with it.

For the whole series i surprisingly mark these as a happy show. Glad that drama romance not appear much here, cause it can ruin the whole fun run in the scenery. Ofc, it will happen more in the sequel movie, so i must glad myself for now, and hold myself to see the continuity. The lifes must go on, and its sure the same with Tamako's story. Afterall, its nice to watch this little show, and i can't wait for the movie.

Oh, forget about the scores. I wanna do a full scores at 10s. However, since this is just another generic fun-ride SoL CGDCT antics, i can't do that because it will ruin my entire lists. And i just want to respect another great SoL out there. So, at last, thanks for the cutie pie Anko cwhan, and cool girl my megane Shiori san, i decided to give this amazing little show a solid 9 points!

I hope the same hype reach me when watching the sequel movie. Just, another low-cost hope....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 26, 2020 10:19 PM

Aug 2019
huh whelp, that concludes that.
My honest thoughts were this anime was really nice with the settings and characters, there was always this "positive" vibe that radiated from this anime, either that be from the characters or incredibly just chill overall plot it was a real nice watch.
However going into the story, idk the story felt so incredibly... average. There really wasn't anything big or impact until the end with the prince arriving. The anime felt like it was jumping from spot to spot quite a lot, changing what happened almost immediately especially in the first half which felt like there really wasnt an end goal set. Until the last few episodes i really wasn't hooked on the plot as an 'anime' and felt like the plots were more of 'short stories' of things that just happaned naturally around the shopping district and just day to day life for Tamako. But admittedly i guess the connector to everything at the end, was Dera and his quest to find a princess for the prince which was the main focus.
The environment of this anime could be said to equal maybe something of K-On (unsurprisingly well done since both are made by Kyoto animations)? The plots calming, always positive, there's no one going through a mid-life crisis or having to emotionally let go of a traumatic past involving x,y,z. Everyone is just having a chilled time, going with the flow. Which does loop around to the next point, with the people are also really...accepting? Oblivious? no question asked? KIND???? They are so just...ok with whats happens around them. A bird claiming to come from a far away land on a quest to find a wife for a prince who can talk? In about a day they treat him like another friendly face (maybe slightly baffled but still), same goes for Choi who can literally read peoples fucking future and the prince (given they did get excited when the prince arrived) The absolute calm these people radiate when the craziest thing would happen around them, that would make most people do a backflip and go "holy shit" is amazing. I really like this as it just adds to the overall chill this anime has, wish people now a days were more like this :c. One point though would be sometimes it can be slightly weird,
but more or less idm it as it kinda helps the flow of this anime in general.
All in all, great chilled out SOL anime! Helped calmed the nerves after binging shonun and action anime for a while.
Apr 1, 2021 5:47 PM
May 2019
Cute. But I wish Tamako would give Mochizou a hug for the gift :(

This anime is adorable. It's good to watch because it show happiness on its true form: real friends, love from your family and building memories day a day with everybody you care.
Jun 18, 2021 6:30 AM

Feb 2019
Ah, it's over. Even the hint of some sadness in the form of glimpses of the past from the time when Tamako's mother passed away was already making me sad. Just imagining Tamako as a young girl, and I guess Anko was still a baby at the time, with everyone coming over to give their condolences... feels cold and lonely and sad.

Wasn't expecting much from this series so I was pleasantly surprised. First and maybe second episode too weren't very interesting, but the series warmed up on me. Plot's a bit lacking yeah. I think it shone the best when there was no overarching plot, just their day-to-day lives, being cute and fun and wholesome! Was expecting this would merit a 6 or 7, but I feel that's too low, so I'm going to go with an 8. That's KyoAni for you.

Looking forward to watching the movie! Will kinda miss this series for its optimism, wholesomeness, and cuteness. Just a fun part of my days ^^
Jul 3, 2021 6:36 AM
Dec 2018
Overall, it was fun to watch. Tamako is adorable and also her little sister becomes shy around her crush. Dela was a bit annoying at first but I taking a liking to him as the story goes.
7/10. Now into the Tamako market love story!
Jul 18, 2021 2:50 PM

Feb 2012
a rather fun and cute show, sometimes funny ( rarely ) alot of time cute but mostly bland and can be boring.

One thing tamako did good was that all characters ( beside the prince ) were likeable and fun to watch...yes even the annoying bird grew on me.

Overall, the show did what Moe SOL do the best, be cute and relaxing with nice and colorful animation ( op and ending also worth noting ) Had some emotional moment here and there like The dad confession song & Dera separation.

All in all, i'm torn between a 6 and a 7/10

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

May 9, 2022 4:40 PM
Dec 2021
i found this anime boring
Oct 13, 2022 11:33 PM

Jul 2019
My favourite kind of ending, the everything-is-back-to-normal! (I'm quite serious)

Poor Kanna, accidentally giving away a hammer! XD

9/10
Dec 23, 2022 2:09 PM

Apr 2016
Cool anime. Cute and naive but not dumb. Loved it !
Apr 20, 2023 8:56 AM

Oct 2018
You glad she's still here huh Mochizou, I also glad i don't have to give this anime a low score
May 24, 2023 3:26 PM
Jan 2022
Love This Animus!
Jun 20, 2023 4:56 PM
Feb 2020
Underrated gem, makes me feel warm and fluffy inside
Jul 14, 2023 11:29 AM
May 2022
I’m gonna miss this show so much. Shame that there’s no season 2 because this was so much fun to watch. Wholesome, funny, and entertaining. Thankfully there’s still Tamako Love Story.
I would recommend this anime to anyone! It’s just so calming and wholesome to watch. I was never bored a single episode.
Happy that Dela stayed haha
Nov 6, 2023 5:22 AM
Jun 2022
Kinda Off At Times , Still Some Nice Vibe To It .
Jan 7, 12:53 AM

Dec 2022
That ending though, such a twist. Good representation of a slice of life anime.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 6, 2013

178 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 22, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

365 by Estefan »»
Mar 19, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2013

219 by HyperNova06 »»
Jan 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2013

174 by katakumplat »»
Jan 4, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2013

132 by katakumplat »»
Dec 31, 2023 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.