Forum Settings
Forums

FUNimation to Announce 10 New Licenses in 10 Days

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
 
Dec 31, 2008 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3187
CCZilla said:
Well, so much for being announced at midnight...

FUNimation Picks Up Evangelion:1.0 Anime Film Remake


YES! They better use the same dub voices from the anime series.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: Ryan (RyRy)#1987 | Telegram ID: KidBoruto
 
Dec 31, 2008 4:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 348
Gundams Fail hard. I won't even consider this.
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
 
Dec 31, 2008 4:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4610
Mario1-7 said:
Mario1-7 Fail hard.

Fixed.

Gundam =/= Evangelion
You've come a long way, baby.
 
Dec 31, 2008 4:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3187
Kimura said:
Mario1-7 said:
Mario1-7 Fail hard.

Fixed.

Gundam =/= Evangelion


Thank you :D.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: Ryan (RyRy)#1987 | Telegram ID: KidBoruto
 
Dec 31, 2008 4:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4525
Why could they got some ither mecha animu. Eva I do not liku
 
Dec 31, 2008 4:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5260
Baby_Naruto said:
Kimura said:
Mario1-7 said:
Mario1-7 Fail hard.

Fixed.

Gundam =/= Evangelion

Thank you :D.

Yes thank you!

Thou I don't care for Eva either D:
 
Dec 31, 2008 4:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3187
Momo-Hime said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Kimura said:
Mario1-7 said:
Mario1-7 Fail hard.

Fixed.

Gundam =/= Evangelion

Thank you :D.

Yes thank you!

Thou I don't care for Eva either D:


Le Gasp! Why do you not care for Evangelion?

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: Ryan (RyRy)#1987 | Telegram ID: KidBoruto
 
Dec 31, 2008 4:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4172
Baby_Naruto said:
CCZilla said:
Well, so much for being announced at midnight...

FUNimation Picks Up Evangelion:1.0 Anime Film Remake


YES! They better use the same dub voices from the anime series.


THIS - I want mah original English VA for Misato, dang it :3
 
Dec 31, 2008 4:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5260
Baby_Naruto said:
Momo-Hime said:
Thou I don't care for Eva either D:

Le Gasp! Why do you not care for Evangelion?

I don't have anything against it, I just find it boring and not interesting at all.
 
Dec 31, 2008 4:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 5547
:'( now i have to spend money i don't have. need job.

quite confident there will still be subs, though.

oh yes, thanks a ton baby_naruto, for taking the time out of your day to PM me about soul eater, which i never would have seen otherwise. much appreciated.
 
Dec 31, 2008 4:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3187
the_seventh_l said:
Baby_Naruto said:
CCZilla said:
Well, so much for being announced at midnight...

FUNimation Picks Up Evangelion:1.0 Anime Film Remake


YES! They better use the same dub voices from the anime series.


THIS - I want mah original English VA for Misato, dang it :3


Same here. I swear to god, I will get really angry if they change any of the voices.

Momo-Hime said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Momo-Hime said:
Thou I don't care for Eva either D:

Le Gasp! Why do you not care for Evangelion?

I don't have anything against it, I just find it boring and not interesting at all.


Isn't that the same thing as not caring for it? xD

windy said:
:'( now i have to spend money i don't have. need job.

quite confident there will still be subs, though.

oh yes, thanks a ton baby_naruto, for taking the time out of your day to PM me about soul eater, which i never would have seen otherwise. much appreciated.


Sorry, I just thought I would let you know since you were taking such an interest in it possibly being licensed.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: Ryan (RyRy)#1987 | Telegram ID: KidBoruto
 
Dec 31, 2008 4:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3069
Momo-Hime said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Momo-Hime said:
Thou I don't care for Eva either D:

Le Gasp! Why do you not care for Evangelion?

I don't have anything against it, I just find it boring and not interesting at all.


same here
 
Dec 31, 2008 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 5115
wow, not only soul eater, but now evangelion 1.0, that makes 12 licenses, if i didn't know any better they're reading this forum to find out what people like
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
 
Dec 31, 2008 5:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1629
kage-bunshin said:
wow, not only soul eater, but now evangelion 1.0, that makes 12 licenses, if i didn't know any better they're reading this forum to find out what people like


Actually, two of them are distribution deals only (Gungrave and Samurai Champloo). The other Geneon titles are license rescues, so that does make ten licenses.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 31, 2008 6:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4172
CCZilla said:
kage-bunshin said:
wow, not only soul eater, but now evangelion 1.0, that makes 12 licenses, if i didn't know any better they're reading this forum to find out what people like


Actually, two of them are distribution deals only (Gungrave and Samurai Champloo). The other Geneon titles are license rescues, so that does make ten licenses.


I'm stupid - is the difference that Gungrave and SC were complete dub/release wise and the others were either not released completely or new acquisitions altogether? :o

 
Dec 31, 2008 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1629
the_seventh_l said:
CCZilla said:
kage-bunshin said:
wow, not only soul eater, but now evangelion 1.0, that makes 12 licenses, if i didn't know any better they're reading this forum to find out what people like


Actually, two of them are distribution deals only (Gungrave and Samurai Champloo). The other Geneon titles are license rescues, so that does make ten licenses.


I'm stupid - is the difference that Gungrave and SC were complete dub/release wise and the others were either not released completely or new acquisitions altogether? :o



I think the other Geneon shows (Vandread, Ikkitousen, Last Exile, Gankutsuou and Gad Guard) were lost sometime when the company went under. Gungrave and Samurai Champloo, I believe, were still owned by Geneon. However, FUNimation is now going to re-distribute those. Someone can correct me if my info is mistaken.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 31, 2008 6:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4525
I think there are still more.
 
Dec 31, 2008 6:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 136
Well, so there...everyone is happy...well, almost all that is :P

 
Dec 31, 2008 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2586
There is more hope for Hitman Reborn
 
Dec 31, 2008 6:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 348
Why do you guys think there is more?

and Attacking me when I am not here eh well have at you! Any anime with mechs FAIL times 20. FACT!
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
 
Dec 31, 2008 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4525
Mario1-7 said:
Why do you guys think there is more?


cause we can't trust funi. >.>
plus they might pop us up right before midnight.
 
Dec 31, 2008 7:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2963


Sweet news to end the year. the only 3 titles I really give a damn about get an R1 release (the others being the 2 new Slayers series).

HAIL SPIKE SPENCER!!!!!
Modified by avrc, Dec 31, 2008 7:48 PM
 
Dec 31, 2008 7:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 124
I've been fairly pleased with the event. I'm only buying 4 of the 12 announced - Nabari no Ou, Oh! Edo Rocket, Soul Eater and Evangelion 1.0 (a double-dip).

I don't trust FUNimation either... they'll close 2008 out with Evangelion... but beginning 2009... hmm. I guess we'll know Midnight CST or 1am EST. The possibilities are intriguing. Very, very sneaky.
 
Dec 31, 2008 9:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1824
Eh, now the topic title doesn't make sense.
 
Dec 31, 2008 9:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4525
freedoleen said:
Eh, now the topic title doesn't make sense.


funi isn't one to trust. 12 ≠ 10
 
Dec 31, 2008 9:32 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1824
Maora said:
funi isn't one to trust. 12 ≠ 10

If you count both Slayers seasons separately, it's 13.
 
Dec 31, 2008 9:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 866
Glad to see Slayers and Eva up there. Now they just need to get Lina's voice back in Lisa Ortiz's hands.
 
Dec 31, 2008 10:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 348
I think there will be one more. There is an extra space above that girls head don't know her name, but its there.
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
 
Dec 31, 2008 10:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 485
Well, Soul Eather is definitely not surprising, but Eva kinda is.

I would guess that this "new" one wil be something completely anticlimatic
 
Jan 1, 2009 1:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2265
New Eva ftw; glad Funi finally got and announced this one. Old dub cast plz.

oh, these little earthquakes
 
Jan 1, 2009 5:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 701
Eva at last. *looks at his DVD which was OMFG released in NZ before the US.*
 
Jan 1, 2009 11:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 3744
Maora said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Crap, SC was one of the best dubs out there. I guess I should try and find the original before they destroy it. :|

when it's fully dub, funi only releases it how it is. they don't overdub it. unless its new (if Yoite gets Vic's voice, i'm gonna die)


But didn't they do that with DBZ?

Momo-Hime said:
Damn now my laugh on the last page is a lie >_>


If only Gintama was added too your misery would over joy me. :(
 
Jan 2, 2009 12:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5260
Gunbladewarrior said:
Maora said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Crap, SC was one of the best dubs out there. I guess I should try and find the original before they destroy it. :|

when it's fully dub, funi only releases it how it is. they don't overdub it. unless its new (if Yoite gets Vic's voice, i'm gonna die)

But didn't they do that with DBZ?

FUNi only changed the DBZ dub when they released the uncut version. Besides an article on ANN says they are only distributing Samurai Champloo.

Momo-Hime said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Damn now my laugh on the last page is a lie >_>

If only Gintama was added too your misery would over joy me. :(

Too bad ;P
 
Jan 2, 2009 12:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 3744
It's not over yet........well it is for this, but there shall be other days.^_^
 
Jan 2, 2009 4:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
Gunbladewarrior said:
It's not over yet........well it is for this, but there shall be other days.^_^
Why are you intent in other people's misery anyway. Besides, Gintama would totally bomb in America. We must admit it only has a niche appeal.

 
Jan 2, 2009 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 3744
Leon-Gun said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
It's not over yet........well it is for this, but there shall be other days.^_^
Why are you intent in other people's misery anyway. Besides, Gintama would totally bomb in America. We must admit it only has a niche appeal.


It's not just about watching the people on here whine about it(which is somewhat hilarious). I actually would rather watch it dubbed. Maybe, maybe not. Hard to tell what will be a hit in America and what won't.
 
Jan 2, 2009 9:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 348
Sky Girls must come to america! I just finished that it was toooo epic. ya there Flyin lolis but its enjoyable, better than strike Witches (they are also flyin lolis)
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
 
Jan 2, 2009 11:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
Gunbladewarrior said:
Leon-Gun said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
It's not over yet........well it is for this, but there shall be other days.^_^
Why are you intent in other people's misery anyway. Besides, Gintama would totally bomb in America. We must admit it only has a niche appeal.


It's not just about watching the people on here whine about it(which is somewhat hilarious). I actually would rather watch it dubbed. Maybe, maybe not. Hard to tell what will be a hit in America and what won't.
Well, it's not impossible. You just need to take a good look at what sells and what shows grab the most viewers. I don't think the Online anime communities, like MAL, represent the mainstream community too well.

 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]