Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What the hell? Did Ukyio really stab himself?? Wow.

But ya, looks like series is finally over. Dat tears:

Personally, I found the series to be bit of a bother to watch but glad it's finally over. Dem memories. Cute little Orion explains everything to her huh? Well, ya it's over.
Mar 25, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
No OP.

It was all about Ukyou's wish to come true (interesting info. about birth of evil Ukyou, and Ukyou vs. evil Ukyou), and Neel the fairy to regain his/her power. It's her time to go back with her memory back, and to leave Orion. Nice rearranged ver. of OP with memory of Orion and her.

ED: "Hoshiboshi no Watari Tori (星々の渡り鳥)" by Nagi Yanagi

5 cards appearing after that and we never found out her name.

I feel from watching this anime is this is the journey she had with Orion (companionship?) rather than meeting with the guys (well, it's important, too, but most important thing is Orion).
tsubasaloverMar 25, 2013 7:06 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 25, 2013 8:48 AM
Mar 2012
Half of this episode is focused on Orion, it makes this episode seems to be Orion's route..

So the heroine is allowed to make a choice to get back to which world she want at the end? It is reversed from the VN, because in the VN the player has to choose which world they want when the game just started.

The story is interesting but the buildup and plot execution isn't that good...
melina_putriMar 25, 2013 10:27 AM
Mar 25, 2013 10:16 AM
Oct 2009
In the end, this anime was pretty meh. I haven't played the game, but it sure as hell feels like a have, now. This anime just felt way too much like a visual novel, instead of an anime. The main character is unbearably plain and barely speaks. The guys were OK, nothing too special though in my opnion. My favorite was probably Ukyou, he seemed to be the most interesting and the one with the most depth. I really like yandere characters, but surprisingly Toma didn't really catch my attention. Maybe because the Heroine was way too positive about him locking her up in a freakin cage!!

On another note, Ukyou is one of the worst stabbers ever! Like, it can't really be that hard to stab that girl! And in the end, the only thing except the wall that he's able to stab is himself. lolz.
Mar 25, 2013 11:35 AM

Jan 2008
I couldn't wait for Crunchyroll for this shitfest to be over, so I watched it raw for once, haha.

So, um. It would have felt like so much more of an accomplishment that she "overcame fate and granted Ukyo's wish!!!!!!11!!1" if she had actually, you know, done something besides sitting on the ground and waiting (which, btw, is REALLY, REALLY STUPID when you're about to be engulfed in flames) for midnight to strike.

The tearful parting with Orion also would have felt more emotional if Orion had actually been around half the time. (I had to laugh at the flashback montage, because it was pretty much EVERY single instance of the two of them together throughout the entire show!) I wish they had hugged though, that would have been sweet. :(

The ending was kind of lame, she was given a choice to which world to return to? (Or it was probably the "choose the one that feels most right to you" deal that you're given at the beginning of the VN, but still.) I would have preferred if it had been implied that there was only one "right" world for her or whatnot idek at this point I'm thinking on this show way more than I want to be.

Glad it's finally over! I will make sure to never make a game as shitty as this anime.
Mar 25, 2013 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
Umeko said:

So, um. It would have felt like so much more of an accomplishment that she "overcame fate and granted Ukyo's wish!!!!!!11!!1" if she had actually, you know, done something besides sitting on the ground and waiting (which, btw, is REALLY, REALLY STUPID when you're about to be engulfed in flames) for midnight to strike.

The same could be said for the whole anime. If she had a bit more personality, it would have been more tolerable/touching.I can't take the scene seriously because her face was stuck between :/ and :|. And the fact that Ukyo is talking a bit too much for somebody who is supposed to be dying. Also, couldn't they have called an ambulance? And did she really plan on just sitting there, holding his hand until he magically opens his eyes. I don't think the writing team tried at all.

Oh well I find it funny that Ura!Ukyo is such a horrible murderer, I'm surprised she's alive at all considering all the chances where he could have stabbed her.

A disappointing ending for a disappointing adaptation. I hope nobody judges the game from the anime considering it's loads better. Ultimately, Shin and Ukyo got their routes butchered which is a shame since they were the most interesting routes.

Also my favorites (Ukyo and Kent) were the only ones who didn't get kissing scenes.
minescopeMar 25, 2013 12:37 PM
Mar 25, 2013 12:54 PM
Mar 2012
minescope said:
Also, couldn't they have called an ambulance? And did she really plan on just sitting there, holding his hand until he magically opens his eyes. I don't think the writing team tried at all.

I hope nobody judges the game from the anime considering it's loads better. Ultimately, Shin and Ukyo got their routes butchered which is a shame since they were the most interesting routes.

Ukyo dying scene is just like what happened in the game though and changing it won't affect the outcome.

This adaptation is actually quite faithful to the game, Toma route is even better than the game (the heroine is more dumb in the game) with the exception you mentioned. From Shin route, they removed the solving mystery part and from Ukyo route, they didn't show heroine slowly recovered her memories and some scenes are changed/removed as an example there is a scene with Ikki fans in the game, I'm actually glad they removed it though.
Mar 25, 2013 1:08 PM

Jan 2013
melina_putri said:

Ukyo dying scene is just like what happened in the game though and changing it won't affect the outcome.

This adaptation is actually quite faithful to the game, Toma route is even better than the game (the heroine is more dumb in the game) with the exception you mentioned. From Shin route, they removed the solving mystery part and from Ukyo route, they didn't show heroine slowly recovered her memories and some scenes are changed/removed as an example there is a scene with Ikki fans in the game, I'm actually glad they removed it though.

I was referring to the heroine actually having more emotions in Ukyo's dying scene. And the fact that in the game it flowed more smoothly and didn't make you go 'eh, that's some forced drama' and 'common sense where'.

I agree on Toma being better in the anime considering I wasn't forced to sit through days and days of cage and he's more sympathetic in the anime.

Shin's was horribly adapted since he was more than the one trick brooding tsundere pony the anime portrayed him as and the ace attorney aspect from his route was imo actually good.

Ukyo's lacked the proper buld-up from the other routes and all the delicious angst on his own route to have an emotional impact.
minescopeMar 25, 2013 1:21 PM
Mar 25, 2013 1:17 PM

Jan 2008
minescope said:
A disappointing ending for a disappointing adaptation. I hope nobody judges the game from the anime considering it's loads better.

I'm somewhat considering buying the game for iOS, but even playing the iOS demo didn't really strike my fancy much. idk. I might wait for a time when I can get together with a friend and play through it for laughs before I buy it. :P

I have to say that in playing the demo I was intrigued that Heroine (named "Umeko" because I didn't care to think of anything else) seemed to be getting bits of memories in the Joker route before even hitting the "plz pay 350 yen to play more" point.

minescope said:
and the ace attorney aspect from his route was imo actually good.

wat

forget what i said buying nao
Mar 25, 2013 1:30 PM

Jan 2013
Umeko said:

I'm somewhat considering buying the game for iOS, but even playing the iOS demo didn't really strike my fancy much. idk. I might wait for a time when I can get together with a friend and play through it for laughs before I buy it. :P

I have to say that in playing the demo I was intrigued that Heroine (named "Umeko" because I didn't care to think of anything else) seemed to be getting bits of memories in the Joker route before even hitting the "plz pay 350 yen to play more" point.

I'd still read some reviews for it before buying though since some of the routes are a love it or hate it thing and in the end, the only thing that was memorable was Kent's hilarious adorkable ways, Ukyo's route, Toma's cage and some of the bad endings.

All the routes have the heroine slowly regaining her memories though to keep things interesting and Orion's snarky commentary to keep things from being too bleak (especially cage time with Toma). She still doesn't really get much of a personality but she's pretty cool in Kent and Ukyo's route.
minescopeMar 25, 2013 1:38 PM
Mar 25, 2013 1:44 PM

Jan 2008
minescope said:
I'd still read some reviews for it before buying though since some of the routes are a love it or hate it thing and in the end, the only thing that was memorable was Kent's hilarious adorkable ways, Ukyo's route, Toma's cage and some of the bad endings.

Hah, yeah I still have to weigh the pros and the cons before I actually decide to buy it. Not to mention that I'm generally too busy making games to play games, orz.

Mostly what's holding me back is having to play Toma's route (because you have to play all the routes to unlock Ukyo's route, right?). I know it'll just make me angry... but I really want to play Ukyo's route... :(

EDIT: I've gone off-topic, sorry. So yeah, lackluster ending of a lackluster show. Bleh.
UmekoMar 25, 2013 1:55 PM
Mar 25, 2013 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
Umeko said:

Hah, yeah I still have to weigh the pros and the cons before I actually decide to buy it. Not to mention that I'm generally too busy making games to play games, orz.

Mostly what's holding me back is having to play Toma's route (because you have to play all the routes to unlock Ukyo's route, right?). I know it'll just make me angry... but I really want to play Ukyo's route... :(

There's really detailed as in day by day summaries of the routes so if you are just interested in certain routes and have no patience to plow through the whole game here's a loong summary of the routes:
http://yumemirusekai.wordpress.com/tag/amnesia-original/

Toma's route isn't that bad, at least when you don't take it seriously/romantically. It pissed me off at first playthrough but I just laughed at how ridiculous it was at when I replayed it. Then again there is a force skip function iirc but it's still tedious.

Back on topic, I would have been fine with a bad ending with Ukyo dying and sending her off to another world to live happily, preferably to Kent's (considering he's the one I've felt Ukyo most approves of). In fact even a Toma end is fine with me, any ending but this one.

Then again, this anime was made to advertise the game from the start so I really shouldn't have kept my hopes up for a satisfying ending.
minescopeMar 25, 2013 2:05 PM
Mar 25, 2013 2:30 PM

Dec 2007
Oh well I knew she wouldn't choose anyone, but I liked the "Orion send-off" was pretty touching and much better than the game.

Hopefully they don't fuck up Brothers Conflict, I've only read 3 volumes of the LN and did not play the game. But I've never read a bad review of the game it terms of the plot or the heroine. Hopefully it would be loads better than this.
Mar 25, 2013 2:45 PM
Mar 2012
mistress_kisara said:

Hopefully they don't fuck up Brothers Conflict, I've only read 3 volumes of the LN and did not play the game. But I've never read a bad review of the game it terms of the plot or the heroine. Hopefully it would be loads better than this.

For Brothers Conflict, I'm hoping they following the LN and not the game, the LN had much better pacing and characterization though I don't think they can use the game as the source since the 2nd one still hasn't been released yet (unless it suddenly released before the anime aired).

At least Ema actually has lines in both LN and game compared to Amnesia heroine. I wonder how they are going to end it though considering
melina_putriMar 25, 2013 2:50 PM
Mar 25, 2013 3:18 PM
Oct 2010
minescope said:

Also, couldn't they have called an ambulance?

In the game, she did but they said it'll take a few mins.

Ep was alright, but felt very meh. Only part I liked from this episode was when the heroine parted ways from Orion.
Mar 25, 2013 3:19 PM

Dec 2007
melina_putri said:
mistress_kisara said:

For Brothers Conflict, I'm hoping they following the LN and not the game, the LN had much better pacing and characterization though I don't think they can use the game as the source since the 2nd one still hasn't been released yet (unless it suddenly released before the anime aired).

At least Ema actually has lines in both LN and game compared to Amnesia heroine. I wonder how they are going to end it though considering

Yeah, I hope they at least cover until Volume 7 of the LN
Mar 26, 2013 2:33 AM

Nov 2008

Sayonara!

So in the end we don't know her real memory~ Or her name~ Just the facts~ Salalala another stupid ending~
Mar 26, 2013 9:16 AM

Apr 2011
There were some things in general that I didn't like, mostly the stupidity of the heroine and the ending was not that good. But when I think back, most of the episodes were just very exciting to watch, I was alwasys wondering what would happen next or how all of this is possible, so I can'r rate it lower than 8/10.
Very nice, but still a lot of wasted potential. Still glad I watched it, very entertaining!

EDIT: I think I will NEVER understand why some people obviosuly hate a certain show SO much and still watch until the very end?? Just, why? Are you trying to punish yourselves? If I really don't like a show, I just don't watch it! It's that simple. That's the main reason I don't get ratings that low in the last episode.

I will quickly explain my Anime rating system, and I really would appreciate to know if there are people who do it in a similar way!
If I rate an Anime anything 5 or lower, it simply means I don't enjoy it. So I just don't watch it. That's why you can't really find that rating in my "completed Anime list". Of course everything even worse than 5 means not only that I didn't enjoy it but also that I "hated" it, but that's VERY rare in my case.
Okay, so the rest of my rating works like this:
>5 means I enjoyed it just in general, more specific:
6 = there were some moments I liked, but not that many; not that great of a show
7 = I enjoyed most of it, but nothing special to me
8 = I really enjoyed watching it, but "something" is missing. Not a good ending in most of my cases
9 = Awesome show, but not perfect, still "something" is missing, but not a lot!
10 = Absolutely brilliant, perfect, could watch it again anytime

Somebody who can kind of understand my rating system? I explained it because some people seem to think that my rating is too "nice". But like I said, that is fundamentally based on the fact that I just don't watch/enjoy shows that I'd rate anything below 5.

Another EDIT:
I really would like to hear the opinion on that especially from you, InfiniteRyvius.
I am not trying to attack you here or anything, I am just really surprised and don't understand why you even watched this show till the very end. Please explain! XD
Also, can you maybe still kind of see the point in my rating system?
MikuLove39Mar 26, 2013 9:35 AM
Mar 26, 2013 9:16 AM

Mar 2011
12:

Seriously Amnesia, fuck you.

You make the protagonist someone with no personality, who is useless and goes around being completely passive, hooking up with 5 different guys without so much as batting an eyelid or pausing to wonder whether there's something wrong with that, and you have the nerve to congratulate her and tell me she's done well? FUCK YOU.

"Always trying you hardest"? The fuck? She didn't even try to save herself when she fell in the water, that's how passive she was.
"Stood up to it? You'll be fine in any situation now?", she's so stupid she waltzed into danger despite being told to.

This really nailed the coffin on how shit this show was and how much I hate it. There are shows that are shit, but hey at least know it, Amnesia has been awful yet fucking congratulates itself in the last episode for a job well done.

The Series

Terrible from start to finish, horrifically sexist and it ended pretentiously. The only half decent episode was when Kenta was the helm, and the show was just like "a reasonable and likable character? FUCK NO, NEXT GUY PLEASE".

This deserves a solid 2. Oh god I thought that was going to be a 3 until that final episode, but my god fuck you Amnesia.
Mar 26, 2013 9:17 AM

Jan 2008
Haha, I was rewatching the episode on Crunchy and as Ukyo was "dying" the clock tower of the church next door started chiming for noon and I was so confused all like "wait it's chiming midnight already what"

The ending isn't any better watching it a second time, sigh...
Mar 26, 2013 9:58 AM
Apr 2011
The fact that some people are actually giving this show a 10 absolutely stuns me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2013 9:59 AM
Mar 2012
My opinion after rewatching it again:
In the end, we still hasn't know what happened to the "real" heroine in other worlds when she moved to their world and why she got fragments of memories in other worlds on episode 1 and 2.

The idea of world traveling is interesting but it seems to causing some problems like I mentioned above. Maybe they should make this a 1 or 2 episode OVA focusing on true route instead.

The OST is going to be released tomorrow (it is bundled with the limited edition of Vol.1 BD/DVD), I wonder if someone going to upload it?
Limited edition bonuses from BD/DVD of otome game adaptations rarely get uploaded... :(
Mar 26, 2013 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
Terrible ending that barely made any sense.
Deus ex machina and open ending.

We are only in the first quater of the year and I already have a nominee for the Worst Anime of the Year title. Last year, even Arcana Famiglia wasn't this bad, pointless, boring or stupid x_x

2/10,
one for the art, the other for the Opening.
You can add another one if you're a bishi-fan :D
Mar 26, 2013 10:11 AM

Jan 2012
The last arc was the only thing I found somewhat interesting about this series.

It would funny as hell if she chooses the blonde guy(Toma) in the end. Though we will never know lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made OVAs or specials about each guy she could choose from and how her life would be like with each of them. lmao
Mar 26, 2013 10:23 AM
Mar 2010
So it finally ends.
Comments:
Art: Good, very good. Not as good as the game but that's to be expected. Though some scenes were really dull when compared to the game's art.

Story: Brilliant story, terrible execution. It felt too much like a visual novel and yes I KNOW it's a visual novel adaptation but they should have tried to make it more anime-ish. As much as I understand why the heroine doesn't talk much, I think they went overkill. She should have talked at least 30% more. Story felt stilted at places.

Animation: The script didn't really give room for interesting animation but at the same time some bit were done very well.

Characters: As I've said before the anime was too short to do more than introduce the characters. So, unless you've read the game summaries, I wouldn't be surprised if you were confuzzled.

Overall: This was actually disappointing. While it is tough to adapt a visual novel, this could have been done better. Brains Base is a good studio but the staff for the anime were not up to the mark.

5/10

As some people here have already said, if they screw up Brothers Conflict, which I love even more than Amnesia, Hiiro and Arcana put together, I will be very disappointed. Then again, the staff for Brothers Conflict look mediocre...

-OJ- said:

one for the art, the other for the Opening.

what bishie fan? I'm a bishie fan but the bishies were nothing in the anime compared to the game.

also:

The story is interesting but the buildup and plot execution isn't that good...

That's barely scratching the surface I think lol.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 26, 2013 10:29 AM
Aug 2011
InfiniteRyvius said:
12:

Seriously Amnesia, fuck you.

You make the protagonist someone with no personality, who is useless and goes around being completely passive, hooking up with 5 different guys without so much as batting an eyelid or pausing to wonder whether there's something wrong with that, and you have the nerve to congratulate her and tell me she's done well? FUCK YOU.

"Always trying you hardest"? The fuck? She didn't even try to save herself when she fell in the water, that's how passive she was.
"Stood up to it? You'll be fine in any situation now?", she's so stupid she waltzed into danger despite being told to.

This really nailed the coffin on how shit this show was and how much I hate it. There are shows that are shit, but hey at least know it, Amnesia has been awful yet fucking congratulates itself in the last episode for a job well done.

The Series

Terrible from start to finish, horrifically sexist and it ended pretentiously. The only half decent episode was when Kenta was the helm, and the show was just like "a reasonable and likable character? FUCK NO, NEXT GUY PLEASE".

This deserves a solid 2. Oh god I thought that was going to be a 3 until that final episode, but my god fuck you Amnesia.

I feel the need for this quote to be on every single page of this discussion.

If anyone wondered why I watched it all the way through is because I actually thought the world shifting was interesting and I wanted to see what those guys saw in this girl.
I was thinking that there would be some grand reveal or personality change that would change some of my views on the protagonist but nope.

Awful characters with awful personalities and Kent who was decent only had 1 episode out of this mess.

If I ever see an episode starting with "Eh..." or "Watashi..." again it'll be too soon.
The way that this girl was portrayed has made me sick. Look I can't even call her by a name.
2/10

-OJ- said:

These bishies aren't even likable!
standMar 26, 2013 10:34 AM
Mar 26, 2013 10:45 AM
Mar 2012
phoenixalia said:
As much as I understand why the heroine doesn't talk much, I think they went overkill. She should have talked at least 30% more. Story felt stilted at places.

As some people here have already said, if they screw up Brothers Conflict, which I love even more than Amnesia, Hiiro and Arcana put together, I will be very disappointed. Then again, the staff for Brothers Conflict look mediocre...

I'm not sure if this adaptation is for advertising the game, it is most likely the other way around.
Most watchers complained that is she is barely has any lines yet she is actually already talk much more in just episode 1 compared to the entire game itself, I doubt they're going to like the game.

The staff for Brothers Conflict is going to be a hit or miss based on their previous works, though I don't think it is much problem if they followed the LN and not the game (like I wrote earlier in this thread), LN is much more easier to translate to anime format rather than a game. If they followed the game, the end result is probably like this.

Though Brothers Conflict also has a problem that make it hard to translate into anime format which is
I wonder what they're going to do about it...
Mar 26, 2013 11:09 AM

May 2012
Ukyo was by far my favorite guy, and I'm not going to lie: teared up this episode. He went through so much pain.

Also, I almost wish I knew which door she chose, honestly. But that's for our imagination. Something tells me it probably wasn't Toma though, not many people like being caged.
Mar 26, 2013 11:13 AM

Jan 2008
melina_putri said:
Most watchers complained that is she is barely has any lines yet she is actually already talk much more in just episode 1 compared to the entire game itself, I doubt they're going to like the game.

Actually when I played the game demo I noticed that it is implied that the main character talks more than she actually does - like, the characters respond to things that it is implied that she says, but the game never spells out what she is saying (aside from when the player is given choices). If that makes sense?

So yeah basically what I'm saying is that the anime script could have had her talking a whole lot more and it wouldn't have been deviating from the game at all.
Mar 26, 2013 11:33 AM

Jan 2013
Umeko said:
melina_putri said:

Actually when I played the game demo I noticed that it is implied that the main character talks more than she actually does - like, the characters respond to things that it is implied that she says, but the game never spells out what she is saying (aside from when the player is given choices). If that makes sense?

So yeah basically what I'm saying is that the anime script could have had her talking a whole lot more and it wouldn't have been deviating from the game at all.

My main problem with her is she doesn't feel like a character at all. It's fine to be quiet but she doesn't have much inner thoughts or any nuances to her actions at all. It was fine in the VN because at least she was regaining memories, giving some sort of insight to her so called character even though she was essentially mute.

I'd say she has more personality in the VN, especially in Ukyo's route where she's told she's reckless and curious and it did show on some of her actions (well scene, going into the university) and her dialogue choices.

I've seen silent protagonists in video games that has more personality than her anime counterpart and while I get that she amnesia and doesn't know how she's supposed to act, people are not exactly watching the show for 'accurate' depictions of amnesiac characters, they watch it to be entertained.
Mar 26, 2013 11:53 AM

Feb 2012
This was just so lame. No opening, which was actually one of the very few things I liked about this show.
Ukio sure had a nice long speech for someone who stabbed himself right in the heart (at least it looked like it). Then the heroine's touching parting with Orion, who was actually very self-critical, because he admitted he was useless. He said to the heroine that she was able to decide for herself though, so he was still delusional I guess.The best part was when he said to the heroine 'But it was fun, wasn't it?' and she nodded. Yeah, I suppose it's a great fun to be thrown from the cliff, locked up in a cage etc.
Superb anime, really! Sometimes it was quite funny, but most of the time it was just frustrating... 2/10
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Mar 26, 2013 11:54 AM

Feb 2013
Again, I cried on this episode. Ukyo has the most emotional, heartrending scenes in the whole show. That poor man has died time and time again, each time for this girl that he truly loves. And to think all those dangers that he warned her of: falling construction equipment, building explosion, getting hit by a train, poison gas in the playground, traffic accident, quicksand in a well, building fire, getting stabbed, these are all ways that HE has died and so was able to warn her from first hand experience! Poor guy! No wonder he's crazy, after dying at least that many times just so he could be with her! (Honestly dude, the girl isn't worth it...she's still as bland as Styrofoam.)

I thought it was an okay episode, the beginning part with Ukyo was great, but the ending part with Orion and Neil I thought was only half done. It felt as if they had only just pulled out this plot point just so they could try to tie together all the plot holes. After everything that Ukyo had gone through I hoped to at least see an longer reunion between the two. Honestly, the guy has died for her so many times, and he's had to watch her be with other people even though he's the one who is making the sacrifice. He deserves more screen time.

And how was the whole thing resolved? That the Heroine was able to live until the 26th? Well, you know what, she could have granted that wish easily if she had simply STAYED AT HOME! But it seems with this girl, things are never easy. She might have somehow drowned herself in a bathtub or something.

All in all, the series was okay, the Heroine never gets a name or a personality and while the SOME of the guys are likable (I'm looking at you Toma, you abusive psycho...), Ukyo seems to be the only 3-dimensional one and the only character that I truly care for very much. Heroine doesn't deserve him.

I give this series about a 6/10. It stepped it up at the end, but not enough to save the entire series.
Mar 26, 2013 11:56 AM
Jan 2011
Ok, so Heroine entered the door to her world but was present with 5 other gateways that resembles aces from a deck of cards, so which of those gateway did she entered?
Mar 26, 2013 11:58 AM

Jul 2012
4.5/10. Leaning more on a 5, than a 4. Might revote later.

2/5 for this episode.

Seriously. They could have made the time travelling parallel worlds thing way better than this. Disappointed. Potential lost. Time wasted watching.

Visuals were pretty nice but the horrible writing cancels it out... Character designs are way too weird for my liking. Once you see past them, the show sucks.

makoa69 said:
The fact that some people are actually giving this show a 10 absolutely stuns me.

I have no idea why people even like this series... :S

Nasty001 said:
Ok, so Heroine entered the door to her world but was present with 5 other gateways that resembles aces from a deck of cards, so which of those gateway did she entered?

We don't know...that's why it's an open ending.
Mar 26, 2013 12:12 PM

Jul 2012
This shit is bad. Really bad. Just read my review on it and it sums everything up.

3/10. I watched it till the end because I found the world changing interesting and I wanted to see if Heroine's personality would change or alter throughout. Seriously, it's 2013 and people are STILL BITCHING ABOUT WATCHING AN ANIME YOU DISLIKE TILL THE END. It's called opinions. They're not all positive. Deal with it.
Mar 26, 2013 12:18 PM

Apr 2011
ihateeveryone said:
This shit is bad. Really bad. Just read my review on it and it sums everything up.

3/10. I watched it till the end because I found the world changing interesting and I wanted to see if Heroine's personality would change or alter throughout. Seriously, it's 2013 and people are STILL BITCHING ABOUT WATCHING AN ANIME YOU DISLIKE TILL THE END. It's called opinions. They're not all positive. Deal with it.

I personally just can't understand it no matter what.
I am NOT trying to question your opinion on the series, but I just don't get how you watch aprox. 4 hours of something you never even care about a single bit.
If I would do that, I'd feel like I am punishing myself, so I just drop things like that.
But oh well, you can't understand everything I guess...
Mar 26, 2013 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
KevinRammstein said:

I am NOT trying to question your opinion on the series, but I just don't get how you watch aprox. 4 hours of something you never even care about a single bit.
If I would do that, I'd feel like I am punishing myself, so I just drop things like that.

Maybe curiosity on how bad it can get? Or maybe they hate it a show so much, they watch it to make fun of it.
Mar 26, 2013 12:28 PM

Apr 2011
minescope said:
KevinRammstein said:

Maybe curiosity on how bad it can get? Or maybe they hate it a show so much, they watch it to make fun of it.

Maybe haha
No seriously, I just want to stress again that I don't mean to offend anybody here. I am saying that because people are easily offended somtimes^^
It's just something I wouldn't do, I'd always frop a show that I'd give less than a rating of 5 after the first few episodes.
Every human being is soooo different! :-D
Mar 26, 2013 12:50 PM

Apr 2011
Meh series...I am giving it a 5 because I liked the visuals and only Ukyo had something interesting going on with him.Other than that, the rest was...awful.

5/10
Mar 26, 2013 12:52 PM
Aug 2011
KevinRammstein said:

While you weren't quoting me this would apply to me also.

Hmm how to explain this?
I don't know if people follow a certain rule to dropping shows. For me, what I drop I will do so in the early episodes.
If I figure something is going to suck or just not get anywhere I will drop it before we even get to that point. I really don't like to drop anything that i'm almost done with.

Now 4 hours of something I don't care about a single bit?
Well that's not exactly right.
I thought that the beginning of this show was interesting.
It left you (or me in this case) wondering what the hell was going on and wanting to know more.

Although I will admit that I have "punished" myself with 1 or 2 shows mostly because of hype and I don't want to be left out. All the cool kids were watching it!
SAO for example. Though that got kind of hilarious the more it went on so it wasn't entirely a punishment.
I'm being a bit sarcastic here but there you go.
standMar 26, 2013 1:00 PM
Mar 26, 2013 1:00 PM

Dec 2009
I found it odd that this girl who shall forever remain nameless, had experienced a lot through these numerous parallel universes and still managed to remain clueless til the end. Take Ukyou for example, he comes off as the sinister type in almost every route and yet she acts indifferent towards him after all the terrible things he had done to her in previous universes. She just comes out as insanely dense overall for the sake of moving the story forward.

I don't think i've experienced an anime this terrible in a LONG time and i'll definitely have to reconsider my options when it comes to VN being adapted into anime. 2/10
Mar 26, 2013 1:02 PM

Oct 2011
I actually liked Ukyo but sometimes his multiple personality disorder was a bit funny at times. I enjoyed the ending but it wasn't FULLY satisfying. I liked the art and ost. the plot was a bit.. meh but it was adapted from game? VN? after all so i didn't have such high expectations.
Mar 26, 2013 1:17 PM
Dec 2010
toma and kento route in anime were good but the heroine is a fucking bitch playing on different guys i n each route playgirl...
Mar 26, 2013 1:23 PM

Aug 2011
minescope said:
Umeko said:

The same could be said for the whole anime. If she had a bit more personality, it would have been more tolerable/touching.I can't take the scene seriously because her face was stuck between :/ and :|. And the fact that Ukyo is talking a bit too much for somebody who is supposed to be dying. Also, couldn't they have called an ambulance? And did she really plan on just sitting there, holding his hand until he magically opens his eyes. I don't think the writing team tried at all.

Oh well I find it funny that Ura!Ukyo is such a horrible murderer, I'm surprised she's alive at all considering all the chances where he could have stabbed her.

A disappointing ending for a disappointing adaptation. I hope nobody judges the game from the anime considering it's loads better. Ultimately, Shin and Ukyo got their routes butchered which is a shame since they were the most interesting routes.

I completely agree the ending was disappointing. I kind of teared up here, but that was only because I remembered the same scene in the game and that scene always made me cry. But it wasn't executed very well. Sigh. I hope that people won't start judging because of this unfaithful adaptation either. Ukyou and Shin were my second favourites and sigh, they're routes weren't adapted well. This episode, though, was better than the rest in the anime.

If the Heroine had more of a personality, or as much as she had in the game, this anime would have been 10903239x better. The game is really good.
Mar 26, 2013 1:25 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
OH YOU HAVE TO BE EFFING KIDDING ME.

So after all that, we didn't even get to know her original world? Or was the 5 cards a hint as to tell us she's a slut and sleeps with everyone at the same time? (which I admit, it was my wish and theory for the last 5-6 epis. I had promised myself to give it at least 7 then but alas it disappointed me and 4 it got)

What actually threw me off was how casually they friggin mentioned a whole new chara, a deus ex machina char, that apparently played a very important role but you just didn't get to know him till the last minute... probably cause they didn't have a more believable story to tie loose ends so they had to pull off something right out of their ass to make it work.

I pitied Ukyo though his chara is next to Touma in absurdity. They didn't go out for that long but he went through the trouble of going through countless worlds to try and see her one more time before he had a horrible death or he killed her... lol I don't think that happens when someone dies! xD You don't just jump to another world just like that because you want to xD

I laughed a lot at the Orion drama. Ukyo was supposed to be the peak of the story being the "original" boyfriend and all but... do we have any decent flashback screenshots except him laughing like a maniac, threatening her, trying to kill her etc etc? I guess THOSE can't make up a flashback so Orion filled his place with his own memories xD It kinda seemed so random that Orion would get as much drama as the other cast xD

Moving to the point of the whole story... L.O.L. A random version of the girl (in this episode a new theory was born in my mind that maybe the girl wasn't even a version of the Heroine and was a poor soul that got trapped in there xD That would have been fun! But ofc it wasn't...) loses her memories and is plunged into this world madness of going here and there, trying to regain memories out of dating dif guys all the time. But did that ever really help? Sure, we got a glimple or 2 (no more than 2) of her original (I hope) past but it never had anything to do with the story. We started with the premise of searching her memories and we ended up not knowing which poor version it was that had to go through all that. I mean... woot? Really now?

And then the point turns to be about heroine granting Ukyo's wish by giving her best...? BEST? BEST????!!!! The people who created the game (since I guess everything was pretty much from the game and not original) obviously don't grasp the concept of doing one's best. Sitting idly, never even being able to talk or ask anything, going with the flow, letting others take decisions for you and run only when in fatal danger (and even then not always) is NOT giving your best. It's really giving your worst. What were they thinking?

To be honest, when the anime started, I kind of liked this. Nothing of a "big whoop" but I thought it was a decent game adaptation since it had actually a plot and the heroine seemed realistic enough considering she had no memories and she was scared since she basically didn't belong. So I understood her silence at the beginning. I was willing to understand her up to the 3rd bf but after that... NO! I can count in my one hand the times she has actually spoken with someone about something not counting "[insert name]-san" and "Anoo". Those were her default responses to everything. She never tried to learn anything. There were so many things to ask and search and she always just stood there until Orion told her to do something. Apart from her memories, her brain was obviously stolen as well! Orion was a better main than her! I'm thoroughly disappointed in her character.

Only guy I liked from the beginning was Kento and they only friggin gave him less than an episode even though he was the only one that made actual sense. I MEAN REALLY NOW?

Mehhh~ Overall, I gave it a 4 only because I liked the art, the music and it entertained me for a bit as well as I liked the beginning for the type of anime it was going to be. But ofc it had to be a letdown T^T Poor bishies. Wrong place to be.
Mar 26, 2013 1:35 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This was a pretty disappointing adaptation...I didn't even read the VN but I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything like this. I'm not usually emotionless, but wow. I felt nothing when Ukyou was crying. Ok, I felt a little sad for him because crying characters are always sad. But I laughed when he said that it hurt to see Heroine from afar "smiling and laughing." What? She can barely smile and I don't recall her ever laughing. It was supposed to be a touching scene, yet I couldn't get into it. Although Heroine handled everything throughout the anime pretty badly, I was pretty satisfied with her farewell with Orion. The one moment that I actually liked her. I really wish Ikki didn't get 3 (and 1/2?) episodes =_= I would've liked to see more of Shin or Kent.
Mar 26, 2013 1:40 PM
Jan 2012
So, we still don't know anything in the end. I kind of expected that to happen, but I'm still frustrated by it. ;p
Anyway, this anime could have been a thousand times better imo; if they had given the Heroine a name and a personality and if they had given her a real ending.
But yeah, I think that's because it's an adaption from a game.
Ukyo was my favorite by the way. His route was actually interesting and exciting. I also liked Shin, but I would've liked to see some more from him.
Heroine's parting with Orion was - I have to be honest - kinda sad and it seems to me her friendship with Orion was way more important than her 'relationships' with the guys.
But; it wasn't very good. The plot sucked. But the art was beautiful and I actually enjoyed watching this, even though the plot is so very, very, bad.
Mar 26, 2013 1:42 PM
Oct 2008
this show is ridiculous.. it was too confusing for no reason at all. what was the point of the first 8 (or was it 9?) episodes then???
anyway, i liked the scene at the end with orion. orion was the only good thing in this shows. :c
overall i't's a 4/10 for the art and music only.
Mar 26, 2013 1:45 PM

Feb 2011
Terrible . 3/10
Mar 26, 2013 1:50 PM

Aug 2012
There are anime i would watch from start to end, then there are anime that would piss me off and make me stop watching for it for a while. And then there is anime that i would watch one episode and give up, thankfully there only been 2 anime that i done that.

Thankfully I watched this while this was airing or else i would had dropped this show, some how each episode kept me watching to see the next episode the week after.

Is the heroine a doll? When he *dies* she didn't look much sad at all. She was fine staying in a cage also...
I do not know if she has stupidity that no person in the world could have or that she one brave woman who would go through all this, seriously the guy tried to kill her so many times, she ignores her message that after the phone call to ignore him.

I also wished that she ended up with someone not this random ending that no guy wins in the end. Didn't the first episode said that she had to choose one man that would keep her happy or something or else you loses her memory or her soul disappears(not sure about this i am unwilling to rewatch the first episode)? Yet we don't see who she chose... what was the point of watching this show if the ending is just her seeing 5 doors to choose from. The pictures of her being with the 5 guys just made it worse and confusing.

The art was above average i guess.

6/10
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2013

131 by _Shara_ »»
Jan 8, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 11, 2013

116 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2013

98 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:06 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2013

131 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 14, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2013

113 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 9, 2023 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.