3It was OK
3.0%
2Disliked it
1.0%
1Hated it
1.3%
Average 4.8
671 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2013 5:47 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mar 25, 2013 5:57 AM

Sep 2012
Isn't it a bit quick? Can't wait, I guess? :-)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 25, 2013 6:05 AM

Oct 2012
^ Indeed, I can't wait. Episode 12 started to air just 5 minutes ago in Tokyo.
I am hoping that some GuP fans in the Kantō region will post something
interesting during the commercial breaks. . ;)
Mar 25, 2013 6:28 AM
Mar 2013
I voted xD
Mar 25, 2013 6:32 AM

Jul 2010
What an entertaining last episode. Action packed to the last moment. The finale was great. Really hoping for season 2!
Mar 25, 2013 6:39 AM

Sep 2012
What a feeling to look back at the moment when Maho and Miho parted way....

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 25, 2013 6:41 AM

Mar 2012
i can blindly vote 5/5.
Mar 25, 2013 6:41 AM

Apr 2009
Fucking A+
Mar 25, 2013 6:51 AM
Dec 2012
Kinda amazing they lifted a Mous and beat a Tiger I though their victory was predictable.

Interesting anime that featured tanks. Now I'd like to see a spin-off featuring airfighters. Would be more convincing cuz in real life there was a female test pilot for Gigant, Komet and such during WW II.
Mar 25, 2013 6:57 AM

Dec 2009
(*´д`*)
Mar 25, 2013 7:05 AM

Sep 2012
^ This kind of god-tier sakuga is perhaps possible only with the extra time afforded by the months of broadcast delay.

4chan seems to have a good time too
http://images.4chan.org/a/src/1364220103382.jpg

And I just have to put this up. Still reading comments in Japanese forums. The responses have been overwhelmingly one-sided in praises, with some even calling it a milestone in anime history. Anyway...

symbvMar 25, 2013 7:53 AM

Mar 25, 2013 8:07 AM

Nov 2007
Wow just wow!

Those tank tactics... Saki finally talked... tank drifting... heart warming scene with Miho and Maho. The Panzer vor! at the end, lolol.

Really hoping there is a 2nd season in the works.

I need to rewatch the whole of GaruPan again sometime and especially again when all the BD volumes are out.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 25, 2013 8:07 AM
Oct 2012
Most enjoyable animation in several years, hands down. Final fight was fantastic. Final emotion true to every character and very touching. Wish they left something to promise us a second season, but then again with such a perfect series it would be hard to top what they have done. World championships anyone? Friend from Germany. Pretty, pretty please!

I was amazed that the writer could come up with an ending where the overwhelming underdog deserves to win, where the opponent didn't make some incredibly boneheaded mistake, or you were left thinking "oh come on".

Worth the 2 month wait? Absolutely. Director got everything perfect. Those who just can't get over the initial concept will continue to hate, but anyone with either a half a brain in their head, or capable of just enjoying something should watch this series. This is what pure fun is like. No cynicism, no "we are so clever", just pure plain enjoyment. Thank you.
Takuan_SohoMar 25, 2013 8:59 AM
Mar 25, 2013 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
pov longtake was awesome and...

LOLWUT TANK DRIFT

perfect end to the perfect series.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 25, 2013 9:20 AM

Nov 2008
5/5 (well worth the wait)

10/10 (One of the best moe anime out there to date)

Second Season please

What a risky way to take out a Maus, I'm surprised it even worked.

I liked the 1 on 1 sparring between Maho and Miho and what a victory for Miho.

The anime overall was stellar especially in the action department, it was all well done, intense, and made me want more, who would've knew that an anime like this would be so good.

Mar 25, 2013 9:32 AM

Sep 2012
I especially love how in this episode it gives everyone in Oorai school to shine, particularly the first year students! And the epilogue is so gracefully done, covering every characters outside the Oorai school, from other competitors to the girls' family, even wrapping up the relation between Maho and Sodoko!

Two of my favorite scenes:

KAICHO-SAMA !!!

LOL MOMO and SAKI

Mar 25, 2013 9:45 AM

May 2012
Watched it raw and it still was freaking awesome. Well worth the wait indeed. This was pure enjoyment from beginning to end of the episode. 5/5 Add to that Mikako Komatsu did the voice for Saki, it's just icing to an already delicious cake for me. :)

This gets a 10/10 for me as a whole. Hope a second season gets green-lit. ^_^
Mar 25, 2013 11:35 AM
Oct 2012
A Haiku Composed in Honor of Episode 12

Only good thing with work
It passes the time for me
Waiting for subtitles
Mar 25, 2013 11:37 AM

Sep 2012
I think this is where they got the inspiration...

Mar 25, 2013 11:46 AM

Jun 2009
This is the first time I watched last episode of an anime 5 TIMES in one day!
Just too epic!

SECOND SEASON PLEASE!!!!!
and St. Gloriana x Kuromorimine OVA...

symbv said:
I think this is where they got the inspiration...

not really warfare otaku. So, can someone explain what really happened in this pic?
IZUMI64Mar 26, 2013 6:37 AM
Mar 25, 2013 12:10 PM

Feb 2011
Just watched the raw, just can't wait for subs.
Indeed a well done final episode. Epic animation and nice emotional moments. We all know that they are gonna win but how they do it never failed to surprise me. Really enjoyed the episode as a whole. It's like every single scene is enjoyable.. so I'm not gonna mention any. Easy 5/5
The Game.
Mar 25, 2013 12:19 PM
Jul 2012
IZUMI64 said:

not really warfare otaku. So, can someone explain what really happened in this pic?

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:M4-sherman-killer-kwajalein.gif
"Kwajalein Atoll. Private First Class N. E. Carling stands beside the American M4 Sherman medium tank "Killer" on which is mounted a knocked-out Japanese Type 94 tankette / light tank."
Mar 25, 2013 12:55 PM
Nov 2012
Wow. Just wow! More after the subs.
Mar 25, 2013 5:37 PM

Apr 2011
They won....They finally won! YAHOOO!!!

Yeah, I know it's kinda predictable but it was still awesome nonetheless and way better than losing or having a draw.

It was awesome how they defeated that Maus.

The Panzer III behind it was like, "Hahaha! You can' hit me!" BANG! *gets hit*

Gonna wait for the subs then I'll re-watch episode 11 and 12. Or maybe marathon the whole series.

Definitely a 5/5
Mar 25, 2013 6:57 PM

Mar 2013
oldskoolpunk said:
Wow. Just wow! More after the subs.

I hear ya...
Mar 25, 2013 7:29 PM

Apr 2008
Is the motor for turret that strong ? Seems like the 89 tried hard to keep their position against the turret movement. Even if they're comparatively lighter than other tank, they still weight tonnes, plus the friction between metals
Magito said:
The Panzer III behind it was like, "Hahaha! You can' hit me!" BANG! *gets hit*
And that's just a stray bullet right ? ^^;

What happened to the tank that fall to the ditch (Elephant?) is painful to look at. It's like seeing finger snapped backward…
Mar 25, 2013 7:41 PM
Apr 2008
To Bad It's Over For Now, I Enjoyed It From The Begining Until the End. Even If I Waited A Quarter Year, It Was Awesome. =)
Mar 25, 2013 9:22 PM

Jun 2011
This episode was just simply awesome. I want more tank action!!!
Mar 25, 2013 9:36 PM

Apr 2012
Wheres the subs?
Mar 25, 2013 11:08 PM

Apr 2011
don't know anything about tanks, but i greatly enjoyed this anime especially the last episode. fantastic.
Mar 25, 2013 11:26 PM
Sep 2012
AHHH! Where are the subs?! It should have been released by now! Me not pleased! :(
Mar 25, 2013 11:49 PM
Nov 2010
Watched the raw. Gonna wait for the sub to come out and then re-watch the whole thing. =3 I was surprised they took out the Maus that way. At first I thought they were planning on knocking it upside down.
Did they always have the tanks leaning and shifting their weight distribution as they turned or braked and accelerated like they did in this episode? I never noticed it before....
Mar 26, 2013 12:37 AM
Mar 2013
How they disabled the Maus

Mar 26, 2013 1:03 AM

Oct 2012
Yngtadpole asked:
Did they always have the tanks leaning and shifting their weight
distribution as they turned or braked and accelerated like they did in
this episode? I never noticed it before....

Understandably, not all of the Laws of Physics were represented in the same
level of detail in every scene.

I recall several months ago seeing a tweet from Tsutomu Mizushima in which
he said he was extremely happy with the animation of the tank suspension in
some of the recent work of the animators. So that shows that the state of
the art seems to have been evolving as the series progressed.

I would want to check again, but my impression is that the first scene of the
series with all of the tanks on the rocky road did not take trouble with the
details of the tank suspension. However, we were all dazzled by many other
things, so I am not complaining at all.

The first time that I can clearly remember a scene in which they evidently
were careful to show realistic operation of the suspension was in the
scene where Mako parked a tank in the tank shed. It was not her tank.
One of the other teams were having trouble driving their tank. So Mako
helped them out. Mako did an excellent job of parking the tank, and it
shuddered just a bit after it stopped. That subtle shaking made all of the
difference in making it seem real.

It is not practical to do every scene in full animation. Otherwise no anime
would exist. The genius of a brilliant director like Mizushima is to constantly
make us notice SOME beautiful things (such as tank suspension) so as to
create the mental illusion that these things are ALWAYS happening.

Girls und Panzer is a breakthrough. For the first time we see tanks that look
much more like tanks than real tanks. No doubt this same approach can be
extended to many other mechanical devices. Also, there is no limit to the
variation of the human component of the story. So GuP seems to herald the
dawn of a new genre of anime which does not yet have a name.

To start, let's see a second season of Girls und Panzer !
Mar 26, 2013 1:35 AM

Jan 2013
Rewatched. will do again after all BDs are released.

Anyway, I wonder how the hell they fixed all their tanks just as new in the last credit sequence lol
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 26, 2013 3:10 AM
Jun 2009
For me, this anime will always be 10. And I will always ready for a second season.
Mar 26, 2013 3:39 AM

Feb 2012
10/10

I would want a second season :)
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Mar 26, 2013 3:39 AM

Apr 2011
Wow! I am really impressed!
The main reason for this is because I HATED the show in the beginning, don't even know anymore why I didn't drop it. I am glad I didn't. The whole war and "Panzer" theme is nothing I really like, but the strategy involved was just stunning at times, also this episode again and the ANIMATION was just WOW!
Don't even wanna know how much this cost! XD
So in the end I can't justify giving anything less than 8/10 and I am looking forward to season 2. There WILL be one.
Rise from 2/10 to 8/10 -> exceptional!
Something I feel like adding here: I have no idea why, but I teared up at some points in the end. THIS is what you call well made if you do that and don't even know why.
Mar 26, 2013 3:59 AM

Feb 2010
cute girls playing with tanks not really my kind of show^^ 7/10.
Mar 26, 2013 4:16 AM

Apr 2009
This was a great final episode, I really enjoyed the whole series. 8/10 from me as well, this show is an example to show the usual crowd that "cute girls doing cute things" can be done in an interesting way.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 26, 2013 5:01 AM

Aug 2012
Was a good anime 7/10
Mar 26, 2013 5:08 AM

Oct 2007
Amazing episode.
I had doubts about magnitude of GuP's success but they are no more. It fully deserves those 30k tier sales. How little faith I had in this gem... It shines so brightly now!

Panzer vor!
Mar 26, 2013 5:14 AM

Oct 2009
This episode is worth all that wait before.
Nice execution and swift animation, that last duel a bit crazy, what if her sister decide to charge forward too instead of aiming them with turrets... since they have the thicker front armor.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 26, 2013 5:22 AM

Aug 2012
Great ending on a great anime.

A second season would be nice, dunno how they would pull it of tho.
Mar 26, 2013 5:44 AM

Jan 2012
Akiyama said:
(*´д`*)

Drifting PzIV ftw! ... PANZER VOR!!!

i want s2,, where they`ll have a rematch with blackforest xD

100/10 :D
i wuv tanks
Mar 26, 2013 5:48 AM

Jan 2013
What a masterful use of tactics and the weapons on hand. The general Tactic to take out the Maus was no surprise. Its top armor as of on all tanks is thin. What IS a surprise is how they did it. I suspected they would try using the tanks in a static Artillery Role. Not that crazy tactic. It reminds me of When Soviet T-34's would Ram the Germany heavy Tanks at full speed to put them out of action.

However for a S2 I am REALLY hoping they get newer Tanks if there is a S2. It was only because of Unorthodox tactics they won. And even then such tricks only work once. Constantly in the show they had poor firepower and Poor Armor. It was only because of Luck and the Extra Armor placed on the Panzer IV they even survived. The Last Stand of the Tiger P however is plausable, there were several encounters during the War, more so on the Eastern Front that went just like this. (Of German Heavy Armor being bogged down and inflicting massive losses and taking too much firepower to clear out.)
Mar 26, 2013 6:15 AM

Sep 2008

yuri hug!
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Mar 26, 2013 6:33 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
My god, that was a breathtaking brilliant finale! Very good animation. Miho's battle strategies are remarkable and BIG thanks to her that their team won! All of her teammates' tanks have been taken out and it was only up to them as the remaining tank to defeat the opposing flag tank. But you gotta give credit to everyone in Ooarai because they did their absolute best to take out the opposing tanks as well as that behemoth of a MAUS! They all did a great job! :)

This anime has become a personal favorite of mine and nobody's stopping me from rating this anime with a 10! I absolutely enjoyed GuP! :)

I want season 2! Hopefully more schools and more characters will be introduced in the series.

And as for that yuri hug with Mako, I love that scene, haha! :'D Mako looks extremely cute reacting like that! <3 <3

I am so happy tonight!
Mar 26, 2013 6:37 AM
Jun 2009
A little note, PzIV did hit Tiger's side during the drive-by but the hit only left a dent. So it's normal for Miho to aim for Tiger's rear.
Mar 26, 2013 6:40 AM

Aug 2011
I would have expected that Maus to break down on its own.
I'm surprised they took it down.

Other than that, the episode had me on the edge the whole time.
Great series.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

191 by giannis85 »»
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Dec 10, 2012

320 by giannis85 »»
Jan 4, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.