Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 24, 2013 10:02 PM

Feb 2008
According to Amazon Japan, an OVA of Yowamushi Pedal was announced to be released on August 8th. It will be bundled with the 29th volume of the comic book.

Yowamushi Pedal anime official website

A TV anime of the manga has been announced to be aired this year.

Source: Amazon Japan

Yowamushi Pedal OVA on MAL
NaruleachApr 7, 2013 3:45 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 24, 2013 10:03 PM

Nov 2011
Mm, the manga looks okay I guess. Reminds me of Overdrive for a minute there.
Mar 24, 2013 10:05 PM

Jan 2011
Cool, we need more intense sports anime.
[center]
Mar 24, 2013 10:06 PM

Sep 2012
The news of an anime for Yowamushi Pedal has been going on a long time... So finally they have finally made the anime and announce a concrete date for its release.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 24, 2013 10:07 PM

Oct 2012
Lots of news, OVA isn't bad, I'm just happy its something, more sports anime isn't a bad thing and would be welcome with open arms.
Mar 24, 2013 10:32 PM

Jul 2012
Manga is pretty good, so far. It's sort of childish but it does have a light-hearted atmosphere going on. Really good news about the manga getting an OVA. Even though the art is bad in the manga, the OVA seems to be having pretty good artwork. Looking forward to this, a little.
Mar 25, 2013 3:24 AM

Jan 2012
A series about bike racing, I welcome new ideas, flop or otherwise.
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
Mar 25, 2013 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
vbyo said:
Lots of news, OVA isn't bad, I'm just happy its something, more sports anime isn't a bad thing and would be welcome with open arms.

SOO TRUE!
Mar 25, 2013 5:40 AM

Jun 2011
Guess I won't be reading the manga first.. Keep dem coming, more sports animu purisu!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 25, 2013 7:37 AM

May 2008
hopefully it becomes a series there not many sport based anime out there that are currently airing.
Mar 25, 2013 8:20 AM

Nov 2010
Ahmer said:
hopefully it becomes a series there not many sport based anime out there that are currently airing.
It already has an anime coming out.

OT: I like that we're getting more sports anime.
Mar 25, 2013 3:40 PM

Dec 2007
>A wuss riding on a bicycle
>Something that anyone could find to be enjoyable or interesting

Just kidding. Looks pretty nice actually, really reminds me of Over Drive, which I really liked back then.
Hope to see it as a full series in the future and not just an OVA. And if won't get a full series, at least I hope that much more chapters will be translated so I can even consider starting reading it.

Also, Overdrive 2nd season fucking when? It really demands it because it ended before the real story even started. And the manga translation is not very far (just 60 chapters) so I'll wait until the translation completely finishes to start reading it. Should be proven worthwhile, since a new group picked it up and translation is moving pretty nicely.
Mar 25, 2013 3:48 PM

Dec 2011
\o/ Yowamushi Pedal rocks.
Mar 25, 2013 7:02 PM

Nov 2010
DeadEnd2013 said:

Hope to see it as a full series in the future and not just an OVA. And if won't get a full series, at least I hope that much more chapters will be translated so I can even consider starting reading it.
dtshyk said:
According to Amazon Japan, an OVA of Yowamushi Pedal was announced to be released on August 8th. It will be bundled with the 29th volume of the comic book.

Mar 25, 2013 7:48 PM

Dec 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
DeadEnd2013 said:

dtshyk said:

This is what happens when you only read the title of the thread.

Thanks for clearing this up for me, now the news become much more awesome.
DeadIEndMar 25, 2013 7:59 PM
Mar 27, 2013 7:15 PM

Nov 2008
hopefully it will be on the same level as overdrive
Aug 9, 2013 4:55 AM

Feb 2013
Has anyone seen this already, since it was released yesterday?
"The more you hope for, the more disappointed you get afterwards." - Miguel Lopes

[Profile] [Anime List] [Manga List] [Ecchi/Harem Club] [+20 Club]
Aug 15, 2013 3:52 AM
Mar 2012
Mikirito said:

This OVA is pretty much made for people who is up to date with the manga since they pretty much skipped the characters introduction. It also spoiled a part of the story which happened like volume 8 or 9 (I'm too lazy to check the exact part), though since this OVA is bundled on 29th volume of the manga I'm not sure if I can call it spoiled the story.

I guess it is better to wait until the TV series finished or read the manga first before watching this.

I wonder why there is "to be continue" at the end of this OVA, though I guess they mean it is continuing on the manga itself (not another OVA episode).
melina_putriOct 16, 2013 4:29 AM
Aug 16, 2013 9:28 PM

Nov 2011
Mikirito said:

Saw it two days ago but I wasn't too into it. It reminded me of Overdrive though..which I thought was okay. I haven't read the manga either so no idea how well it was adapted.
Aug 17, 2013 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
Mikirito said:
Saw it two days ago but I wasn't too into it. It reminded me of Overdrive though..which I thought was okay. I haven't read the manga either so no idea how well it was adapted.
I've seen Overdrive, so for me it seems a great idea to use it as a comparison. Since I didn't read the manga of Yowamushi Pedal (or intend to), I was/am looking forward to start this anime off by watching the OVA, but unfortunately it seems no subbing group has picked this up.
"The more you hope for, the more disappointed you get afterwards." - Miguel Lopes

[Profile] [Anime List] [Manga List] [Ecchi/Harem Club] [+20 Club]
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
40 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
4 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 11 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
9 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
10 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.