Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
SHAMAN KING
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2013 7:48 PM

Apr 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Numerous times, Shaman King has proven its aptitude to wander into the spiritual cultures of the world and take in various elements in order to make something both interesting and enjoyable to watch. It's also true of the Japanese spiritual culture, and especially the historical onmyoudou which is basically the background of the Asakura family (Yoh/Hao bear a striking resemblance to Abe no Seimei's traditional depiction). This holds for this episode, which references Fudoumyouou and other deities from buddhist currents of exorcism.

Anyway, it was great to witness the power of friendship at work. I personally like Manta, so seeing him in action was satisfying. Plus having Mosuke as his spirit has a nice feel of symmetry to it.
Also loled at Mikihasa doing silly drawings to break the paralysis.
EratiKApr 6, 2013 9:15 PM
Oct 8, 2013 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
lol, finally! Manta as a shaman! but i read this didn't happen in Manga at this point, so not sure if in the end he will be one or not. Still since he got that 6th sense i wouldn't be surprised that with training he could be a shaman.
Mar 2, 2014 10:04 PM

Apr 2008
Those exorcising guys pissed me off so much >.<#!! grrr.... btw. Something tells me Manta is a shaman from now on D:
Mar 28, 2017 2:46 AM

Feb 2013
More annoying characters.
We have enough with those X-Laws, don't add more.
The funny part is that Mosuke is in Manta's laptop, will he remain there for now?
Jan 3, 2019 9:00 PM

Apr 2016
The best moment in this episode was Manta using an Oversoul.
That was cool to watch.
He and Mosuke would be great partners as they're both best friends of Yoh and Amidamaru respectively. :D

Also, I honestly thought that Fudou was a girl until they referred "him". O.O
Feb 3, 2021 10:57 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They wanted to release all the spirits, but well they didn't consider that they can still be friends with the shamans.
And it was really interesting to see Manta like that, Mosuke is still here (trapped in the laptop xD) so we can expect more maybe?
Jun 1, 2022 6:50 AM

Dec 2007
best episode in a while.
morty becoming (temporarily?) a shaman was good scene.

lol mosuke in laptop.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shaman King Episode 1 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Apr 9, 2012

15 by BarronRobinson »»
Mar 31, 5:48 PM

» Do you agree that the 2001 dub was better than the 2021 dub?

funtime43_tr - Jan 20

5 by ShamankinguYoh »»
Jan 21, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Shaman King Episode 64 Discussion

pokecenter - Oct 9, 2013

11 by A5J4DX »»
Sep 4, 2023 4:51 PM

» What episode continues the story in 2021 ver

Djwhy - Apr 3, 2023

3 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 8:20 PM

Poll: » Shaman King Episode 58 Discussion

pokecenter - Oct 9, 2013

6 by iamupinacloud »»
Jan 20, 2023 8:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.