Forum Settings
Forums

Do you for the most part agree with the rankings on MAL?

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Post New Reply
May 1, 2013 7:12 PM
monster7foot6 said:
I do not agree with the ratings. Somehow, Clannad After Story is in the top 5 and that show is one of the worst animes that I have watched. I hope someone would destroy all records of it and delete all recorded episodes of it and so forth.

Shame you just a shitty hater.

May 1, 2013 7:46 PM

I wont be satisfied until Gintama is out the top 5

May 1, 2013 8:04 PM

Uh...no.

May 1, 2013 8:09 PM

Definitely not, SAO is 8.34 points higher than it really should be.

May 1, 2013 8:12 PM

Scriptor said:
But if it was 0, it may as well have unair—OHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah.

May 1, 2013 8:18 PM

Not to mention Boku no Pico has 5.93 more points than it should have.

May 1, 2013 8:21 PM

MEanimaniac1 said:
Not to mention Boku no Pico has 5.93 more points than it should have.

Boku no Pico should be rated 4.07 points higher.

May 1, 2013 8:23 PM

Vindictive said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Not to mention Boku no Pico has 5.93 more less points than it should have, it should be over a ten.

I fixed my original post.

May 1, 2013 8:25 PM

Nope. Either too low or too high, never in the right spot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 1, 2013 8:28 PM

MEanimaniac1 said:
Vindictive said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Not to mention Boku no Pico has 5.93 more less points than it should have, it should be over a ten.

Well said, Pico deserves to be the only anime rated over a 10.

May 1, 2013 8:30 PM
Vindictive said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Vindictive said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

man the girl has well developed personalty coughs. thank god i an't click that shit

May 1, 2013 8:33 PM

Vindictive said:

I know you're trolling but BnP is actually a pretty good Otokonoko/Shota OVA.

May 1, 2013 9:47 PM

GoldenBRS said:
monster7foot6 said:
I do not agree with the ratings. Somehow, Clannad After Story is in the top 5 and that show is one of the worst animes that I have watched. I hope someone would destroy all records of it and delete all recorded episodes of it and so forth.

It sucked. The second season of Clannad (which is After Story) basically was a rerun of the first season with a few minor tweaks. I was just surprised how far I made it into the series before finally losing my determination and deciding to drop it.

I am unsympathetic unlike most people that have watched it so I did not "tear up like a little bitch" like most.
To the clueless people: my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire

Join if hate Clannad: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=12806&time=1389088639
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=41313

May 1, 2013 11:34 PM

No, not really.

May 1, 2013 11:47 PM

It's going in the right direction. FMA:B is beating Gintama and is holding the first spot for One Piece.

May 2, 2013 12:28 AM

With shit like FMA, Steins, Clannad, and NGE or any variation thereof on the "top anime" list, I most certainly do not agree with the ratings.
Modified by Leondre, May 2, 2013 12:31 AM

May 2, 2013 12:36 AM

monster7foot6 said:

Yes, people don't agree with my tastes so it clearly is wrong. Get a grip on it, whether you liked it or not, the overall rating is not something determined by one person. It's the collective majority that decides these stuff, not the vocal minority.

P.S. You've barely seen 34 anime. "One of the worst anime I've watched" isn't a very convincing argument.

May 2, 2013 12:41 AM

Hell no. A lot of people have pretty shit tier taste.

May 2, 2013 12:53 AM
monster7foot6 said:

Clannad is too high for it's own good but you wanting to wipe it out of the anime industry is just fucking stupid and idiotic. With the ratings it has, do you honestly believe your comment would have any impact?
You hate something that most people enjoy but don't wish "death" on an anime just because you don't like it. So far, you are the worst hater I have ever seen who has commented on this type of anime. Your comments are appalling.

May 2, 2013 1:15 AM

yhunata said:
monster7foot6 said:

Yes, people don't agree with my tastes so it clearly is wrong. Get a grip on it, whether you liked it or not, the overall rating is not something determined by one person. It's the collective majority that decides these stuff, not the vocal minority.

P.S. You've barely seen 34 anime. "One of the worst anime I've watched" isn't a very convincing argument.
took the words right out of my mouth.

May 2, 2013 1:16 AM

Vindictive said:
I wont be satisfied until Gintama is out the top 5
*checks your list*
Hasn't actually seen Gintama (so looks like you're just following the blind hate train)

Scriptor said:
Please just stop. It's good entertainment. Please don't encourage trolls like this guy.
Modified by AndyRayy, May 2, 2013 2:29 AM

May 2, 2013 6:55 AM

>"Everyone who disagrees with me is a TROOOOOOOL"

But SAO is shit. It has awful characterization, bad-plotting, is a masturbatory self-insert fic, and sloppy writing, along with horrendously atavistic attitudes towards women. Sorry if the truth hurts.

God dammit anime fandom is a giant hugbox now.

May 2, 2013 7:25 AM
monster7foot6 said:
GoldenBRS said:
monster7foot6 said:

It sucked. The second season of Clannad (which is After Story) basically was a rerun of the first season with a few minor tweaks. I was just surprised how far I made it into the series before finally losing my determination and deciding to drop it.

I am unsympathetic unlike most people that have watched it so I did not "tear up like a little bitch" like most.

How is it a rerun? Regular and AS are completely different. Moreover, I'm not sure if you even watched it.

Have my reasons for disliking SAO because I originally enjoyed it until it swayed away from what I expected post Episode X.

May 2, 2013 7:30 AM

Scriptor said:

But SAO is shit. It has awful characterization, bad-plotting, is a masturbatory self-insert fic, and sloppy writing, along with horrendously atavistic attitudes towards women. Sorry if the truth hurts.

On the contrary, good Sir.

I realize that SAO is comparably not a very good anime. However, to go to the lengths of saying that it's worth zero points is ridiculous. In case you didn't notice, I said it was good entertainment. Much better entertainment than a lot of other shows out there.

Is that not what anime is consumed as by the majority? Sure, I love watching my Serial Experiments Lain's and all, but at the end of the day, I come to this medium to be entertained.

I think you take any disagreement with what you say a bit too seriously...

EDIT: I see that Hidamari Sketch is among your favorites. That makes you a good man in my book, regardless of this SAO talk.
Modified by AndyRayy, May 2, 2013 7:35 AM

May 2, 2013 7:31 AM
AndyRayy said:
Scriptor said:

On the contrary, good Sir.

I realize that SAO is comparably not a very good anime. However, to go to the lengths of saying that it's worth zero points is ridiculous. In case you didn't notice, I said it was good entertainment. Much better entertainment than a lot of other shows out there.

Is that not what anime is consumed as by the majority? Sure, I love watching my Serial Experiments Lain's and all, but at the end of the day, I come to this medium to be entertained.

I think you take any disagreement with what you say a bit too seriously...

Basically if you trash something that's "superior" to your "inferior" liking, that's what you'll get one way or another.

Sad, but true.

May 3, 2013 12:50 AM
No.

Honestly, the fact that you will find anime that have not even finished airing yet, or are just in there first few episodes even, ranked above established masterpieces/classics is a clear indication that the ranking system is faulty.
Modified by NeverKnowsBest26, May 3, 2013 12:55 AM
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.

May 3, 2013 1:02 AM

seeing onepiece and its movies on top 100 is really painful ,not to mention gintama too so no

May 3, 2013 1:43 AM

Rasen-No-Hikari said:
seeing onepiece and its movies on top 100 is really painful ,not to mention gintama too so no
Yet the very fact that Gintama is in the top 6, 3 times make me laugh in your faces. The fact that you never even saw Gintama is a reason to not to take your seriously. And that you spend 580 episodes watching a anime did not like makes my mind explode. You are a real joker my friend.

May 3, 2013 1:59 AM

I don't agree with my own ratings, never mind other peoples

May 3, 2013 2:06 AM

Obviously not.

May 3, 2013 2:16 AM

Would like Monster to be in the top 10 but oh well, at least I got LOGH and FMA:Brotherhood

May 3, 2013 3:55 AM

This thread in a nutshell:

May 3, 2013 4:21 AM

No...I watched most of them and I think they deserve it :)

May 3, 2013 9:16 AM

I don't have much faith in this community's rankings as a whole, so I just stopped giving a shit. :P

May 3, 2013 9:21 AM

40% of the time more or less.Lately i tend to watch the animes first and then look up the average rating,this way i do not make any preconceived ideas.

by the way I would love to rate the animes in a scale of 0 to 100 not 0 to 10

May 3, 2013 9:54 AM

Most stuff below 7.0 is indeed horrible, so quite agreed there.
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).

May 3, 2013 9:59 AM

johnyjohny said:
Rasen-No-Hikari said:
Yet the very fact that Gintama is in the top 6, 3 times make me laugh in your faces. The fact that you never even saw Gintama is a reason to not to take your seriously. And that you spend 580 episodes watching a anime did not like makes my mind explode. You are a real joker my friend.

dude before u judge me go judge your score about onepiece rofl =)) now i wonder who is the real joker here, u are just another mainstream shounen jump fag nothing more xD
Modified by Rasen-No-Hikari, May 3, 2013 10:04 AM

May 3, 2013 10:11 AM

Rasen-No-Hikari said:
johnyjohny said:
Rasen-No-Hikari said:

dude before u judge me go judge your score about onepiece rofl =)) now i wonder who is the real joker here, u are just another mainstream shounen jump fag nothing more xD

The real joker here is you, man. Haven't watched Gintama, but you're pissed that it's at the top. Not being able to take a little hate on the internet makes you an even bigger joke. Thirdly, your opinion on how bad One Piece is, doesn't mean others can't find it good. Btw, insulting members is against the rules and can call for a ban.

May 3, 2013 10:20 AM

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. But I don't make such a big deal out of ratings like a lot of people on this site do.

May 3, 2013 10:33 AM

No, I don't. There's so many anime that are good, but people have different preferences and if the masses enjoy ecchi or harem those are going to get higher ratings then say the dark/mystery. I watch the anime and judge for myself if something is good or not, and recommend based on people's preferences on what they like and find good not Mal rankings.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.

May 3, 2013 11:19 AM

yhunata said:
Rasen-No-Hikari said:
johnyjohny said:
Rasen-No-Hikari said:

The real joker here is you, man. Haven't watched Gintama, but you're pissed that it's at the top. Not being able to take a little hate on the internet makes you an even bigger joke. Thirdly, your opinion on how bad One Piece is, doesn't mean others can't find it good. Btw, insulting members is against the rules and can call for a ban.
LOL what a ignorant ..... *fill in*

May 3, 2013 11:38 AM

Gintama is overrated on MAL because of how the voting system works. Most people who didn't like it would've dropped it far before their votes counted. Happens for a few other anime too. Regardless of that though, it's a still pretty good anime.

May 3, 2013 11:45 AM

Apparently, Gintama is now in top 2, FMA BH took the first place by +0.01
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.

May 3, 2013 7:54 PM

yhunata said:
Rasen-No-Hikari said:
johnyjohny said:
Rasen-No-Hikari said:

dude if i were to get pissed at gintama being at top then fak my life,ive heard about gintama and i dont expect much from it but one piece cant be denied the guy rates one piece 9 lol wtf i mean in MAL rating anime is based on 4 things 1.Story 2.Chars 3.Animations 4.Muisc and OST tell me now which one does one piece got?and even if we forget these 4 and go with the storyline,its childish,villians are lame,and each got a lame laugh and what made me drop one piece most was its animations. we are in fucking 2013 and its animations are worse than animations of 2005. now do u get my point?dat anime doesnt deserve it,its just overrated in MAL
Modified by Rasen-No-Hikari, May 3, 2013 7:57 PM

May 3, 2013 8:08 PM
^
You really need to work on your grammar skills.

May 3, 2013 8:10 PM

Neane1993 said:
^
You really need to work on your grammar skills.
wat u coulnt reid dat?wats rong wit yu?

May 3, 2013 8:17 PM

Brotwo said:
Gintama is overrated on MAL because of how the voting system works. Most people who didn't like it would've dropped it far before their votes counted. Happens for a few other anime too. Regardless of that though, it's a still pretty good anime.
It's the same for every anime, so it's fair.

Rasen-No-Hikari said:
dude if i were to get pissed at gintama being at top then fak my life,ive heard about gintama and i dont expect much from it but one piece cant be denied the guy rates one piece 9 lol wtf i mean in MAL rating anime is based on 4 things 1.Story 2.Chars 3.Animations 4.Muisc and OST tell me now which one does one piece got?and even if we forget these 4 and go with the storyline,its childish,villians are lame,and each got a lame laugh and what made me drop one piece most was its animations. we are in fucking 2013 and its animations are worse than animations of 2005. now do u get my point?dat anime doesnt deserve it,its just overrated in MAL
I rated it a 10, so? MAL doesn't base ratings on that, everybody rates anime the way they want. For some people it's just enjoyment, for others they look for everything, not just those 4 things.
And all of those points are your opinion, not everyone thinks it's childish and the villains are lame.

May 3, 2013 11:51 PM
All of my favourite anime should be rated 10.

May 4, 2013 12:12 AM

Rasen-No-Hikari said:

Story : Subjective. Characters : Subjective. Animations: Subjective. Music: Subjective. Now tell me, why do you believe that everything should be as you think it is. To make a long story short;

yhunata said:

An extra point to be noted: You shit on One Piece, when Guilty Crown is in your favorites. Guilty Crown is known to be the second biggest trainwreck in the 2010s, second only to SAO. I'm not saying you shouldn't have it in your favorites because it sucks, but your argument with the MAL ratings is really flawed here.

May 4, 2013 12:16 AM

This guy is clearly a troll:
Rasen-No-Hikari's About Me said:
My Top 15 Favorite Non-Mainstream Animes:
1.Death Note(I know dn is a mainstream but 37 eps is not mainstream for me)
2.Guilty Crown
3.Angel Beats!
4.Psycho-Pass
5.Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai
6.Another
7.Btooom
8.Steins;Gate
9.Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
10.Shakugan No Shana 3
11.Bakuman
12.Claymore
13.Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo
14.Zetsuen no Tempest
15.Amnesia

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »