Forum Settings
Forums

Do you for the most part agree with the rankings on MAL?

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Mar 28, 2013 11:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9415
RisingCascade said:
Don't mean to sound like an ass but why is Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo so damn high?

It's the most generic romantic comedy you'll get, I've seen way better.

Oh my subjectivity, hypocrisy at its finest! I know!



This. Second half runis it. people praise this too much
 
Mar 28, 2013 11:30 AM

Online
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 32195
RisingCascade said:
Don't mean to sound like an ass but why is Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo so damn high?

It's the most generic romantic comedy you'll get, I've seen way better.

Oh my subjectivity, hypocrisy at its finest! I know!


Not my fault, I dropped it after Imouto-chan.
But I still doubt it's one of the most generic, I've seen way worse ^^.
Too Old To Die Young


Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.
 
Mar 28, 2013 11:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2419
GoldenBRS said:
RisingCascade said:
Don't mean to sound like an ass but why is Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo so damn high?

It's the most generic romantic comedy you'll get, I've seen way better.

Oh my subjectivity, hypocrisy at its finest! I know!



This. Second half runis it. people praise this too much


Read my edited post.
 
Mar 28, 2013 11:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1884
Your asking a question you already know the answer to. Stop.
 
Mar 28, 2013 11:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2419
IceBurn said:
Your asking a question you already know the answer to. Stop.


Well some people don't know that's the answer.
 
Mar 28, 2013 12:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 337
I generally agree with the reviews, however I can't stand it that GaoGaiGar Final has a higher rating than GaoGaiGar. Final has a more confusing plot and far more fanservice. Another one is The Big O, a high 7, really. I personly view it as a masterpiece.
 
Mar 28, 2013 12:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2334
The rating goes by what the majority of the users rate so yes, I agree with them to a extent. It's a great way to find good anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 28, 2013 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 569
Well, I'm fine with it, I'm just sad that anime like Higurashi and Spice and Wolf didn't get higher rankings.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
 
Mar 28, 2013 1:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 665
No. Because shit like Clannad is higher than Logh. Only reason you will ever need.
 
Mar 28, 2013 2:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 227
Nidalee said:
No. Because shit like Clannad is higher than Logh. Only reason you will ever need.


Translation: "Something I dislike is ranked higher than something I like, so the rankings are a joke!"

You seem pretty butthurt over it, considering the fact that neither anime are alike in any way. According to the majority of viewers, Clannad AS does what it does well and LoGH does what it does well. That's all there is to it, really.
 
Mar 28, 2013 3:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1335
Shirube said:
Nidalee said:
No. Because shit like Clannad is higher than Logh. Only reason you will ever need.


Translation: "Something I dislike is ranked higher than something I like, so the rankings are a joke!"

You seem pretty butthurt over it, considering the fact that neither anime are alike in any way. According to the majority of viewers, Clannad AS does what it does well and LoGH does what it does well. That's all there is to it, really.


Then, what it comes to is which genre is most popular,right? It seems surprisingly OK to me.

 
Mar 28, 2013 3:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 227
012yArthur0 said:
Then, what it comes to is which genre is most popular,right?


No. If you came to that conclusion after reading my post, then you are a rather simple-minded individual.
 
Mar 28, 2013 3:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1335
Shirube said:
012yArthur0 said:
Then, what it comes to is which genre is most popular,right?


No. If you came to that conclusion after reading my post, then you are a rather simple-minded individual.


Thanks.

 
Mar 28, 2013 3:57 PM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24959
Shirube said:
Nidalee said:
No. Because shit like Clannad is higher than Logh. Only reason you will ever need.


Translation: "Something I dislike is ranked higher than something I like, so the rankings are a joke!"

You seem pretty butthurt over it, considering the fact that neither anime are alike in any way. According to the majority of viewers, Clannad AS does what it does well and LoGH does what it does well. That's all there is to it, really.

if you were to give either the two anime to any real critic and ask witch one tells the better story Ginga ei den would win hand down
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Mar 28, 2013 4:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1205
I can't argue for LoGH as I haven't watched it, but After Story has some serious writing flaws that seriously impact its effectiveness. These flaws are overlooked by most people who watch the series because of a couple very well done and emotional episodes in the show's latter half.
 
Mar 28, 2013 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1335
Luxanna said:
I can't argue for LoGH as I haven't watched it, but After Story has some serious writing flaws that seriously impact its effectiveness. These flaws are overlooked by most people who watch the series because of a couple very well done and emotional episodes in the show's latter half.


Some drama/romance stories actually is rather praised to know how to managa these moments well.

 
Mar 28, 2013 4:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1205
012yArthur0 said:
Luxanna said:
I can't argue for LoGH as I haven't watched it, but After Story has some serious writing flaws that seriously impact its effectiveness. These flaws are overlooked by most people who watch the series because of a couple very well done and emotional episodes in the show's latter half.


Some drama/romance stories actually is rather praised to know how to managa these moments well.


I don't disagree that After Story has its praiseworthy moments. Episode 18 is arguably one of the best written and directed episodes in ANY series. However, because of how emotionally powerful this (and the next) episode was, most people tend to overlook the fact that the rest of the series was mediocre at best.
 
Mar 28, 2013 4:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1335
Luxanna said:
012yArthur0 said:
Luxanna said:
I can't argue for LoGH as I haven't watched it, but After Story has some serious writing flaws that seriously impact its effectiveness. These flaws are overlooked by most people who watch the series because of a couple very well done and emotional episodes in the show's latter half.


Some drama/romance stories actually is rather praised to know how to managa these moments well.


I don't disagree that After Story does have its praiseworthy moments. Episode 18 is arguably one of the best written and directed episodes in ANY series. However, because of how emotionally powerful this (and the next) episode was, most people tend to overlook the fact that the rest of the series was mediocre at best.


Yep. Like I said, a certain book followed this idea, and is popular... I shall not name it to avoid discussion.

 
Mar 28, 2013 4:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 227
DateYutaka said:
Shirube said:
Nidalee said:
No. Because shit like Clannad is higher than Logh. Only reason you will ever need.


Translation: "Something I dislike is ranked higher than something I like, so the rankings are a joke!"

You seem pretty butthurt over it, considering the fact that neither anime are alike in any way. According to the majority of viewers, Clannad AS does what it does well and LoGH does what it does well. That's all there is to it, really.

if you were to give either the two anime to any real critic and ask witch one tells the better story Ginga ei den would win hand down


What does that have to do with anything? My point is that it's asinine to disregard the rankings because one anime of an entirely different genre is ranked higher than another when they're both ranked highly. They're both in the top 10, so there's really nothing for him to be sore over.
 
Mar 28, 2013 4:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1335
Shirube said:
DateYutaka said:
Shirube said:
Nidalee said:
No. Because shit like Clannad is higher than Logh. Only reason you will ever need.


Translation: "Something I dislike is ranked higher than something I like, so the rankings are a joke!"

You seem pretty butthurt over it, considering the fact that neither anime are alike in any way. According to the majority of viewers, Clannad AS does what it does well and LoGH does what it does well. That's all there is to it, really.

if you were to give either the two anime to any real critic and ask witch one tells the better story Ginga ei den would win hand down


What does that have to do with anything? My point is that it's asinine to disregard the rankings because one anime of an entirely different genre is ranked higher than another when they're both ranked highly. They're both in the top 10, so there's really nothing for him to be sore over.


People works for perfection when they realize it or not.

*sips tea*

 
Mar 28, 2013 4:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 224
Ranked #162: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online

This is reason enough to not agree with the rankings system.
 
Mar 28, 2013 4:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1335
SaekoBusu said:
Ranked #162: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online

This is reason enough to not agree with the rankings system.


I understand your feelings, but you do realized that you sealed this topic fate, right?

 
Mar 28, 2013 5:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 646
SaekoBusu said:
Ranked #162: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online

This is reason enough to not agree with the rankings system.

So, do you mean to say it's too low?

For the most part, I agree with MAL's ranking. The top 300 anime list contain anime that are enjoyable and accurately rated. Though, this one makes me worry. Ranked too high
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1604/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn!
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 227
SaekoBusu said:
Ranked #162: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online

This is reason enough to not agree with the rankings system.


If anything, you should disagree with the majority of people who've watched and rated the show. It's not like the ranking system is flawed because SAO has a decent ranking. I am surprised that NGE isn't in the top 100 though. It seems to be highly regarded on other anime sites.
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 224
012yArthur0 said:
SaekoBusu said:
Ranked #162: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online

This is reason enough to not agree with the rankings system.


I understand your feelings, but you do realized that you sealed this topic fate, right?


I'm saying that the ranking of Sword Art Online is too damn high!

Seriously though, there are far too many titles that have too high of a rating, and there aren't enough titles that should be in the top 100 even. Although you do have to watch 1/5 of an anime for your ranking to contribute, the fact remains that because of this many of the larger anime have higher than average rankings because people choose to drop them prior to that point.
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 428
I'm seriously wondering how can people complain about the Top Anime List, since MAL has a working and intelligent ranking criteria.

I bet most of them are hipsters who think that the less a show is known, the better it is... People complaining about the Top 10 List are actually complaining about what the majority of people considers the BEST, not what the majority of the people considers "good". We'd have Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece and Bleach at the first 4 positions if it was like that lol...

"The majority of the people is never right", so why should the minority be right?
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2421
Must be the minority complaining.. it's the only explanation
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 227
Lang said:
this one makes me worry. Ranked too high
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1604/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn!


A lot of people may have dropped it during the first arc (which really did nothing but introduce the main characters), so that probably has something to do with it.

I'm sure Fairy Tail's score will shoot up when it finishes airing too.
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 224
Propu said:
I'm seriously wondering how can people complain about the Top Anime List, since MAL has a working and intelligent ranking criteria.

I bet most of them are hipsters who think that the less a show is known, the better it is... People complaining about the Top 10 List are actually complaining about what the majority of people considers the BEST, not what the majority of the people considers "good". We'd have Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece and Bleach at the first 4 positions if it was like that lol...

"The majority of the people is never right", so why should the minority be right?


I would agree with you if Steins;Gate, Clannad: AS, Code Geass weren't included in the top 10, Code Geass R2 AT THAT.

Shirube said:
Lang said:
this one makes me worry. Ranked too high
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1604/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn!


A lot of people may have dropped it during the first arc (which really did nothing but introduce the main characters), so that probably has something to do with it.

I'm sure Fairy Tail's score will shoot up when it finishes airing too.


Fairy Tail's score will shoot up, that's without a doubt. Also #69 isn't bad for a large shounen such as Hitman Reborn!, although I can agree that it should be lower.

 
Mar 28, 2013 5:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 646
Shirube said:
Lang said:
this one makes me worry. Ranked too high
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1604/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn!


A lot of people may have dropped it during the first arc (which really did nothing but introduce the main characters), so that probably has something to do with it.

I'm sure Fairy Tail's score will shoot up when it finishes airing too.

PLEASE NO!
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:17 PM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24959
012yArthur0 said:
Shirube said:
DateYutaka said:
Shirube said:
Nidalee said:
No. Because shit like Clannad is higher than Logh. Only reason you will ever need.


Translation: "Something I dislike is ranked higher than something I like, so the rankings are a joke!"

You seem pretty butthurt over it, considering the fact that neither anime are alike in any way. According to the majority of viewers, Clannad AS does what it does well and LoGH does what it does well. That's all there is to it, really.

if you were to give either the two anime to any real critic and ask witch one tells the better story Ginga ei den would win hand down


What does that have to do with anything? My point is that it's asinine to disregard the rankings because one anime of an entirely different genre is ranked higher than another when they're both ranked highly. They're both in the top 10, so there's really nothing for him to be sore over.


People works for perfection when they realize it or not.

*sips tea*

my point was anime = a neartive form so what tells the better story
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 428
SaekoBusu said:
Propu said:
I'm seriously wondering how can people complain about the Top Anime List, since MAL has a working and intelligent ranking criteria.

I bet most of them are hipsters who think that the less a show is known, the better it is... People complaining about the Top 10 List are actually complaining about what the majority of people considers the BEST, not what the majority of the people considers "good". We'd have Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece and Bleach at the first 4 positions if it was like that lol...

"The majority of the people is never right", so why should the minority be right?


I would agree with you if Steins;Gate, Clannad: AS, Code Geass weren't included in the top 10, Code Geass R2 AT THAT.


You're still complaining about the rankings of the anime the majority of the people consider the BEST EVER. You might like them, you might hate them, that's a totally different story, but if you think those shows are too much overrated, then you're in one of the smallest minorities (compared to its majority) of this site.

Deal with it.
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:22 PM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24959
Propu said:
SaekoBusu said:
Propu said:
I'm seriously wondering how can people complain about the Top Anime List, since MAL has a working and intelligent ranking criteria.

I bet most of them are hipsters who think that the less a show is known, the better it is... People complaining about the Top 10 List are actually complaining about what the majority of people considers the BEST, not what the majority of the people considers "good". We'd have Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece and Bleach at the first 4 positions if it was like that lol...

"The majority of the people is never right", so why should the minority be right?


I would agree with you if Steins;Gate, Clannad: AS, Code Geass weren't included in the top 10, Code Geass R2 AT THAT.


You're still complaining about the rankings of the anime the majority of the people consider the BEST EVER. You might like them, you might hate them, that's a totally different story, but if you think those shows are too much overrated, then you're in one of the smallest minorities (compared to its majority) of this site.

Deal with it.

that i also have issue with i can rant why geaas is bad but there is a mal member who said the reasons why i cleary tearms than i ever could

and i happen to fully agee with that person but to more of an extent
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 227
Lang said:
Shirube said:
Lang said:
this one makes me worry. Ranked too high
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1604/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn!


A lot of people may have dropped it during the first arc (which really did nothing but introduce the main characters), so that probably has something to do with it.

I'm sure Fairy Tail's score will shoot up when it finishes airing too.

PLEASE NO!


Magic + Nakama power-ups + boobs = top 100 material
Propu said:

Deal with it.
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 428
DateYutaka said:
Propu said:
SaekoBusu said:
Propu said:
I'm seriously wondering how can people complain about the Top Anime List, since MAL has a working and intelligent ranking criteria.

I bet most of them are hipsters who think that the less a show is known, the better it is... People complaining about the Top 10 List are actually complaining about what the majority of people considers the BEST, not what the majority of the people considers "good". We'd have Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece and Bleach at the first 4 positions if it was like that lol...

"The majority of the people is never right", so why should the minority be right?


I would agree with you if Steins;Gate, Clannad: AS, Code Geass weren't included in the top 10, Code Geass R2 AT THAT.


You're still complaining about the rankings of the anime the majority of the people consider the BEST EVER. You might like them, you might hate them, that's a totally different story, but if you think those shows are too much overrated, then you're in one of the smallest minorities (compared to its majority) of this site.

Deal with it.

that i also have issue with i can rant why geaas is bad but there is a mal member who said the reasons why i cleary tearms than i ever could

and i happen to fully agee with that person but to more of an extent


Sorry but...

I didn't understand anything ._.
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 12785
Propu said:
I'm seriously wondering how can people complain about the Top Anime List, since MAL has a working and intelligent ranking criteria.

I bet most of them are hipsters who think that the less a show is known, the better it is... People complaining about the Top 10 List are actually complaining about what the majority of people considers the BEST, not what the majority of the people considers "good". We'd have Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece and Bleach at the first 4 positions if it was like that lol...

"The majority of the people is never right", so why should the minority be right?
Agh! Why do people keep using these kinds of ridiculous straw man to justify things?!

Pattern: So and so must think this!
>spends the rest of the argument against this

It's like saying you only like DBZ because you don't know how to tie your shoelaces (or something equally ridiculous).
You don't know how to tie your shoelaces, therefore you're wrong!

so stupid...
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 646
There goes the "deal with it" counter!
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 428
katsucats said:
Propu said:
I'm seriously wondering how can people complain about the Top Anime List, since MAL has a working and intelligent ranking criteria.

I bet most of them are hipsters who think that the less a show is known, the better it is... People complaining about the Top 10 List are actually complaining about what the majority of people considers the BEST, not what the majority of the people considers "good". We'd have Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece and Bleach at the first 4 positions if it was like that lol...

"The majority of the people is never right", so why should the minority be right?
Agh! Why do people keep using these kinds of ridiculous straw man to justify things?!

Pattern: So and so must think this!
>spends the rest of the argument against this

It's like saying you only like DBZ because you don't know how to tie your shoelaces (or something equally ridiculous).
You don't know how to tie your shoelaces, therefore you're wrong!

so stupid...


I dunno if it's me but today I find too many difficulties in understanding what people want to tell me q_q
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 224
Lang said:
There goes the "deal with it" counter!


Counter-argument: If a majority were to jump off a bridge would you follow with them?
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2421
SaekoBusu said:
Lang said:
There goes the "deal with it" counter!


Counter-argument: If a majority were to jump off a bridge would you follow with them?

Only if I can use them as a soft landing
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 646
SaekoBusu said:
Lang said:
There goes the "deal with it" counter!


Counter-argument: If a majority were to jump off a bridge would you follow with them?

Of course! Why not!
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5404
Barefoot Gen is not in the Top 100.

MAL is wrong.
Stone Ocean adaption when?
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 428
Counter-counter-argument: if a minority told you to jump off a bridge saying you won't die, would you do it? With the majority trying to keep you from doing it?
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 227
SaekoBusu said:
Lang said:
There goes the "deal with it" counter!


Counter-argument: If a majority were to jump off a bridge would you follow with them?


Only for a Klondike bar.
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 224
Propu said:
Counter-counter-argument: if a minority told you to jump off a bridge saying you won't die, would you do it? With the majority trying to keep you from doing it?


Well it depends on the height of the bridge of course, I don't consider my self as part of the minority or the majority I consider myself an individual so I'd look through all the variables and come to a conclusion myself as to whether or not I would jump off said bridge based on the risk vs reward factor.
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 646
SaekoBusu said:
Propu said:
Counter-counter-argument: if a minority told you to jump off a bridge saying you won't die, would you do it? With the majority trying to keep you from doing it?


Well it depends on the height of the bridge of course, I don't consider my self as part of the minority or the majority I consider myself an individual so I'd look through all the variables and come to a conclusion myself as to whether or not I would jump off said bridge based on the risk vs reward factor.

*pushes you off the bridge*
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5372
I've never actually looked at the rankings or anything (I don't even know how), so I have no idea.
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2421
Propu said:
Counter-counter-argument: if a minority told you to jump off a bridge saying you won't die, would you do it? With the majority trying to keep you from doing it?

Yeah because the majority would make a human bungee cord and pull me back up

sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
 
Mar 28, 2013 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1335
Clearly, Bridges is overrated, that's why it ranked so high.

 
Mar 28, 2013 5:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 428
SaekoBusu said:
Propu said:
Counter-counter-argument: if a minority told you to jump off a bridge saying you won't die, would you do it? With the majority trying to keep you from doing it?


Well it depends on the height of the bridge of course, I don't consider my self as part of the minority or the majority I consider myself an individual so I'd look through all the variables and come to a conclusion myself as to whether or not I would jump off said bridge based on the risk vs reward factor.


That's it, you just answered the topic lol

Why does the minority think that they are the only ones who think with their own mind?

So to answer the first counter-argument: no, I wouldn't jump because it's stupid.
I have my own ideas about the anime I watch, I simply happen to agree with what the majority thinks.

Deal with it.
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
 
Top
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »