Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Girls und Panzer Specials Episode 3 Discussion

Mar 24, 2013 5:56 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Exploring, how fun~ especially when they find some cool stuff.

Oh and of course the girls gets to relax after a tired day ~_~. Nice.

Mar 25, 2013 12:36 AM

History of the School Ships. Do you know it was dated from Roman times? LOL

Learn how to climb staircase in a ship !

All the crews are students (thus all of them are girls). And we thought it is just the automobile club that is amazing...

We even learn how the ship gets its energy or its food, as well as how it was constructed. Cool.

And we know the population on board the ship... and a critical weakness of Mako lol

Lastly we even have Onsen !!

==========

For the Tank Corner by Yukari, it is nice to see her talk about the M4 tanks!
Modified by symbv, Mar 25, 2013 1:22 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Mar 28, 2013 5:46 PM

Oh neat, we actually get to find out why on earth the schools are on floating aircraft carriers.

And somehow it actually made a bit of sense.

And I still love Momo, foot fungi and all.

Mar 30, 2013 1:18 PM
Best special yet.

I loved how they explained everything in great detail about the reason there are academy ships, what's in them and how they're operated. Mako is such a boss posing like that naked in front of the setting sun.

I only hope that we'll get to see more of the ship and the crew in season 2.

Mar 30, 2013 3:50 PM

So does that mean there are equivalent academy ships for boys? Or since it's an alternative moe universe, do we just not care?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 30, 2013 3:52 PM

rodac said:
So does that mean there are equivalent academy ships for boys? Or since it's an alternative moe universe, do we just not care?

I assume the boys schools are just in the land cities rather than on their own ships.

Mar 30, 2013 4:08 PM

Great OVA really, I liked how they went 'exploring' even wen the original run is over!
Just three more episodes to come.. but I can't wait!!
"But there's nothing wrong to worrying. It's like a wall you need to overcome, to make it to the next level. If you're running up against that wall, it means you're moving forward. I wonder how many walls I've broken up until now, but if you wont move yourself, you will never get anywhere." - Aiko Muto

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/PersonX&sclick=1]

Apr 1, 2013 3:31 AM
i just assumed that previous wars drastically reduced the male population such that most men we see are very old and below that age, they're very rare.

Maybe even genetic biological weapons used by all sides permenantly affected the human race such that it either makes chromosomes not cross to create males or it causes a high % of still births for male children.

Young men are rare, kept safe and taken care of to keep the human race moving forward with new generations, making it very competitive for girls interested in having a male mate. Permanent male mates are thus even rarer (with just one example in the series) as heavy cultural support exists to spread the males between women or avoid emotionally bonded relationships and focus on temporary procreational relationships, women from elite social strata like Miho's mother simply choosing males of good stock to bear their own heirs from.

Additionally males who do get the opportunity to form permanent relationships may not be of "ideal" genetic stock. But its still culturally looked down upon, providing additional explanation for our beloved military fanatic's solitary life and focus on a hobby as a replacement for friends and why her parents were excited to see she had sincere friends (their lifestyle choice as a permanent heterosexual couple lead to their child being socially ostracized in elementary school (and above) or even bullied)

as to why we see one adult male as a servant, simple, he was found to be impotent when he reached a mature age and was ostracized. The family took him in at a young age (otherwise such males dont survive long).

Women are in positions of responsibility and power in all fields.

i pretty much thought this up as i was writing it down.
Modified by Ikuinen, Apr 1, 2013 3:36 AM

Apr 1, 2013 3:54 PM
Ikuinen said:
i pretty much thought this up as i was writing it down.

Well thought out, I like it. Good job.

Apr 28, 2013 12:24 PM
めんどくさい

rodac said:
The second is my assumption. For whatever reason, from pretty much the second episode of the regular show I assumed gender roles are reversed in this world and left it at that.

Apr 30, 2013 9:38 AM

5/5

The best special so far, describe the world in which they live and the choices made make it even more interesting the anime series!

Jun 28, 2013 4:56 PM

Loved seeing more of the ship!
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 11, 2013 12:48 AM

for a girl like Mako, being butt-naked was a rather bold move when they were taking a bath; I wonder if it's even plausible to do such a thing IRL(put a school on top of a carrier) and have up to 100k people on board the ship while being manned by high school students. Ya...high school students no, trained crewmen(women) yes. I have assumed that the gender-roles are also reversed in this alternate universe as well.

@Ikuinen: That actually makes alot of sense. So men in this universe are trophy wives and that men due to the scarcity of their gender are limited to procreation.Hmmm....so basically 24/7 all they do is f*ck women?; I now also assume that the permanent males taking care of the kids(stay-at-home Dads) while Mommy is at work.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Mar 19, 2014 8:05 PM

This is so funny omg,they live in that ship and they never saw that tower xD
Bath part was quite cute :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 15, 2015 8:13 PM

Guess in the far far future it'll be like the Gargantua. 😀

Oct 26, 2015 6:39 AM

You would think that adults would have been better suited to operate those huge ships rather than teenagers, but I guess not.

They had to have fanservice at the end there, didn't they?
Modified by D-ohnuts, Jun 12, 2019 7:09 AM

Jun 9, 2016 4:15 AM

Made me a bit scared that it's teens who are operating a ship. It usually takes years for adults in the navy to run an aircraft carrier. The worse part was the lack of adult supervision, or even an adult as the captain.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Sep 16, 2016 12:14 PM

So they finally explained where those giant ships come from. Interesting!

Nov 1, 2016 7:23 PM
1L0can0 said:
for a girl like Mako, being butt-naked was a rather bold move when they were taking a bath

Well, standing outside the bath and not making a move to either cover up or get back in the bath. And this is the one girl on Ankou Team (and one of the few taking Sensha-do) to choose a one-piece over a bikini in the other episodes.
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"

Dec 23, 2017 10:21 AM

Dafuq It's a nice and all But where ARE THE MEN?!

I don't mind Girls and Girls And More Girls But WHAT DO MEN DO?!!! Heave Duty?? Males School??

It would Look totally Perverted to have Guy Captain is that it???...DouJin Here and there in the Navy is fine too.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...

Nov 24, 2019 10:11 AM

I'm just learning about electricity in school. That ship must have very complicated circuits!

Oct 27, 2020 5:23 PM

Fanservice me to death please.